The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the nicest thing you have ever done for a random player?

Girl_Number8
Girl_Number8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I was curious as to what has been the nicest thing you have ever done for another player.

The ESO community has always been made up of a wonderful group of people. I would certainly say the majority of players are helpful and kind souls.

So if you have a story, please share it!!

Hopefully, some of these good deeds may spark another to do the same.
Thank you for reading this and for any posts. :)

I always do my best to help my fellow travelers, guildies or randoms alike.
Edited by Girl_Number8 on October 31, 2019 12:54AM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For myself I enjoyed very much playing with disabled vets and helping with their builds and clearing harder content that they always wanted to do.

Though honestly I got the better end of the deal, as they are now my friends and part of our guild.

Edited by Girl_Number8 on October 31, 2019 4:26AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up someone's gold Minotaur motif book for 50 gold and mailed it back to them. Got a mail back saying "Thanks, I forgot a few zeroes."

Really, that's just me passing it on though. Until someone in one of my guilds did the same for me, I was selling my columbine for 20 gold each :lol:
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let them live.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Picked up someone's gold Minotaur motif book for 50 gold and mailed it back to them. Got a mail back saying "Thanks, I forgot a few zeroes."

Really, that's just me passing it on though. Until someone in one of my guilds did the same for me, I was selling my columbine for 20 gold each :lol:

@VaranisArano Still really a nice thing to do and what makes this gaming community so terrific.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually give away free stuff and bites, I dont't like getting petty payments from newbie players
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also one thing people forget that there is a real human being behind the graphics, so I never done anything disrespectful or mean to a player. Plus, it upsets me when I see someone being bullied like that, I am usually there to be supportive :D
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carry them
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    I usually give away free stuff and bites, I dont't like getting petty payments from newbie players

Sounds really good. I need to starting offering more bites to help people out too.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Also one thing people forget that there is a real human being behind the graphics, so I never done anything disrespectful or mean to a player. Plus, it upsets me when I see someone being bullied like that, I am usually there to be supportive :D

That is really a great point. Lots of good karma coming your way.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've crafted gear and full sets for a few new/random players before and I don't ask for payment. I've gotten to a point where I have thousands of cp160 mats so creating some gear doesn't hurt me.

There are also times when I'm logged on my Healer and walking around, I'll catch this low level fighting and getting wrecked by a group of Mobs or a mini boss and I'll go up and start healing them so they can finish the fight. Most people would either walk past or watch them lose.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Carry them

For guildies or people asking for help?
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pug quite a bit - I give stuff - monster helms, Dungeon and trial gear to players - especially lower CP players all the time.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've once queued as a tank for a random dungeon.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gave them 10k for a horse
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I've crafted gear and full sets for a few new/random players before and I don't ask for payment. I've gotten to a point where I have thousands of cp160 mats so creating some gear doesn't hurt me.

There are also times when I'm logged on my Healer and walking around, I'll catch this low level fighting and getting wrecked by a group of Mobs or a mini boss and I'll go up and start healing them so they can finish the fight. Most people would either walk past or watch them lose.

I do a lot of crafting for guildies but randoms that is really a brave and kind thing to do!

Also, really nice that you take the time to help other players have the fun and let them kill the baddies versus you nuking them.
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    One time I was in cyrodiil, currently loosing an assault on a castle while me on the back wall trying to clear some sieges.

A "low level" player appears. Low level player uses scatter shot. Scatter shot has missed his target. Well I've beaten him like 3 times and he whispers me how? I thought "you know what. Why not.." so I explained why I kept beating him, gave him Tipps and even mailed him some gear that I had previously crafted for somebody else. I showed him a few tricks explained a lot of things and as he slowly progressed I was telling him a bit about crowd control and how important it is in pvp.

Then he goes on to shoot me off the wall with bow, resulting in my death, teabags me and whispers me "thx now I kill you 30 times". Needles to say I was pretty upset about that.

Anyway another day another delve another. Oh wait it's the same dude. And he's dying to a delve boss (like how you die to a delve boss? But OK) so I go up I help him, save his poor butt and leave to never see him again.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not been the regular piece of sh*t that I am to people who I know :lol:
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AndyMac wrote: »
    I pug quite a bit - I give stuff - monster helms, Dungeon and trial gear to players - especially lower CP players all the time.

That is awesome you do that, as well. I am sure you get a lot of thank yous and do you want to do more dungeons.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not been the regular piece of sh*t that I am to people who I know :lol:

At least that is something xD
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone in crag was trying to buy the staff style of one of the Undaunted arms packs for gold. I told them the packs only come as bundles, and they seemed really disappointed it would cost so much more than just one piece might have.

So I just gifted them the bundle and told them to enjoy the staff
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @maddiniiLuna

Sorry that happened to you but that's on him. Still really cool of you to help even after all that.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Jhalin that was extremely generous of you 🌟
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I was in cyrodiil, currently loosing an assault on a castle while me on the back wall trying to clear some sieges.

A "low level" player appears. Low level player uses scatter shot. Scatter shot has missed his target. Well I've beaten him like 3 times and he whispers me how? I thought "you know what. Why not.." so I explained why I kept beating him, gave him Tipps and even mailed him some gear that I had previously crafted for somebody else. I showed him a few tricks explained a lot of things and as he slowly progressed I was telling him a bit about crowd control and how important it is in pvp.

Then he goes on to shoot me off the wall with bow, resulting in my death, teabags me and whispers me "thx now I kill you 30 times". Needles to say I was pretty upset about that.

Anyway another day another delve another. Oh wait it's the same dude. And he's dying to a delve boss (like how you die to a delve boss? But OK) so I go up I help him, save his poor butt and leave to never see him again.

Sorry but I find that story hilarious. You gotta laugh these things off, that is a quality tbag/hate tell given the circumstances imho.
  • rosalith
    rosalith
    ✭✭✭
    It's not much but I was giving away witches festival writs to randoms in zone chat tonight. Ive got my witch title and hat so don't need the writs any more. :)
    "The only way to change a slaver's mind is to drive a sword through it!" - Hiath the Battlemaster
  • DrWhispy
    DrWhispy
    ✭✭
    When I started I would desperately wait around public dungeons for a better player to tail.......now if I see a new player in a public dungeon I always offer to group up and lead them through.
    That and I love sending random players Yerba Mate just for fun.
    Mediocre DPS extraordinaire
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @rosalith that is the great thing to do and what I like about the game is that people really do help each other.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DrWhispy wow, a free mercenary to help them and Yerba Mate.... :D
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not murder the occasional low lv in cyrodiil I’m not with out mercy.
  • b95fister
    b95fister
    ✭✭✭
    Any random player that attempts/wants to get better i find in the random que....I take to my house show them basic rotation beg them to practice. THEN craft/buy them gear gold the weapons and hope they pay it forward.

This has work twice perfectly for two players that were 170cp, now they are 470ish and help me carry random s through dlc dungeons.

The other 1000’s time I am pretty sure the people just sell the gear I gave them and wrote me off as elitist
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sent a total stranger 50k gold once after a conversation in zone chat.

I'll often send stacks of lower level material and ingredients to players wanting to buy them in zone chat. Usually it's people who are simply doing crafting writs and are trying to buy things. I have more than I'll ever use of most stuff.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.