The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mount Dyes?

Rezdayn
Rezdayn
✭✭✭✭✭
Should we be able to dye our mounts? Maybe not full dye like the fur or skin colors but the armor and saddles etc.

*EDIT* A lot of people are saying "yes BUT ZOS wont do it for x y z reason". You are correct. ZOS is potato so it wont happen however the question is "would you like it"... and not "will it ever happen" etc.

giphy.gif
Edited by Rezdayn on October 31, 2019 3:04PM

Mount Dyes? 97 votes

Yes
76%
Oakmontowls_ESOHanokihsDanikatmartinhpb16_ESOAlienSlofNebthet78Gnatrakvalidifyedneb18_ESOczarsrfrogg23kimaerilGTech_1Pathmarke1daimDuskrulerRi_Khanxosaara137oxsvartornMorimizo 74 votes
No
23%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOKadoozyRudalEdenprimeidkCaffeinatedMayhempeacenoteBlackbird_VzykSpiderKnightJahneeOKonstant_Tel_NecrislogarifmikShewolf075Kiralyn2000QaghBooPerScOOperIngrollJPSDarkPicture 23 votes
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Luminous pink and green pls
    PC EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like the idea, but the ability to dye the entire mount would make a lot of them redundant. Why bother getting the black and bay horses for example when you could just dye the brown one those colours? There might still be some demand for different patterns (like the paint or shadowghost horse) or ones with special effects but I imagine overall it would lead to players getting far fewer mounts, or at this point being disappointed at ones they already paid for which are now redundant.

Of course that could be prevented by limiting how much of them is dyable, but I think it would be difficult to strike a balance between making it still seem worthwhile to have multiples of the same animal and making the dye system worthwhile.

Also regarding the luminous mounts issue - players said the same thing when weapon dying was added, when costume dying was added and even back when dyes for armour were first introduced (which was either during the betas or shortly after launch, I don't remember). I doubt bright pink wolves will be any more common that characters in bright pink clothing. And a lot of players would probably use it to tone down some mounts - for example I got the glowing yellow psijic horse from a free crate and I'd love to be able to dye it grey so it looks like smoke.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

I've always 'wanted this and while we are at it I would love if we had mount accessories that we could add just to customise a little ?
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    LOL
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LOL

you should go hang out with vivec again some time.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS's business model is based on selling skins for the same 6 mounts. Mount dyes are never happening.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They'll never do it, since (as mentioned), they already sell the same mounts in different colors. Ditto for skins.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think it would be cool if we could at least dye the tacking, but I don’t see why dying more of a mount shouldn’t be a thing. Regarding potential redundancy with skins — GW2 has dyeable mounts and sells a lot of skins and many are not hugely different but have a different pattern on them. Take the Senche mounts in ESO for instance — no matter what colors you pick, you’re not going to get tiger stripes or leopard spots unless the dye channels are set up for this.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 30, 2019 11:57PM
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think this would be a great idea even if it was only for say the games vanilla horses (because of the whole re-skinned thing).
    Who knows it could happen since the store already sells the "cool" mounts and the crates have the apex rewards. Something as simple as coloring the tack or add an effect (think glowing auras. Could be an award in vet content or questing). I believe doing just this simple stuff would not hurt the value of the crown mounts because it's not like you can completely change everything to the point that it is basically a new skin with this idea.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    They could do something unique like the Indriks mounts where you choose a mount for different types and can update it with armor packs and dyes . It would be a unique mount and not retrospective so it has no effect on existing mounts .
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a zebra unicorn.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Why? Zo$ won't do it. How often have they put the same mount on clown store, but with different colours/shitting rainbows?
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    After they have enabled toggling off any slot from outfit. I assume that happens about 2030.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    rpa wrote: »
    After they have enabled toggling off any slot from outfit. I assume that happens about 2030.

Game will be dead by then
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like the ability to dye the mount upgrades as the stamina armour...
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I support the uniqueness.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Mount accessory dyes, hair dyes, the ability to hide all armor slots, the ability to hide all mount accessories, class pet skins... All of these should feature in future QoL updates, but since they've caught a wild hair about (poorly and awkwardly) rebalancing the entire combat system, I'm willing to bet cosmetic effects have thoroughly hit the backburner.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Why? Zo$ won't do it. How often have they put the same mount on clown store, but with different colours/shitting rainbows?

This. I'd love to be able to do it, but reskins wouldn't sell as good as they do now. This won't be implemented, like ever.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It would be cool, but we wont get it. There are already plenty of re-skinned mounts in the game that would be rendered obselete. Not to mention these are often in lootcrates or generally on the shop.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have definitely skipped buying a CS mount because I disliked the saddle or accessories color. Also consider some mounts don't allow you to change the appearance (speed/stam/carry), and dyeing the saddlebags to be less noticeable could help alleviate that restriction.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I just want to dye my Dwarven senche to silver to match my outfit
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Dyeing the tack would be awesome. I try to pick mounts that go with my toons, and often the tack is the only jarring note.
  • Kamara
    Kamara
    The ability to dye the armor/tack on a mount would make me buy more mounts. A lot of times I may like the mount but hate the colors they picked. Some would look so much better to me with black accessories than brown or colorful, for instance.

Then again I still can't change my hair color, accessory color independent of hair color, or skin color on my toon in game, even. We need a barbershop and a mount armorer!
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love that who doesn't want to ride to battle on a shiny pink horse with sparkles.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure, why not.

Stuff like my Dwarven war horse that is white covered in brass dwemer armor... I’d love to be able to dye that armor. Or my dwarven spider mount would be cool in white.
    Edited by svartorn on October 31, 2019 5:59PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have brought this up many times over the past years. It would be great if we could dye our mounts gear to match our own.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B-b-but, how will they sell moar mounts if you can dye them to your liking?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Voted yes, but what I really want is the whole outfit idea for mounts. Options for what tack they wear, both in style and "weight" so my tank can ride a more barded horse than the healer, for example. I have a character that would prefer to ride bare-back, with just a bridle. We already have the choice of whether the speed, capacity, and stamina changes show, it's a minor extension to the base tack, especially if the creature is in game with no tack, like the bears, guar and the khagouti.

Dying the saddle-cloth, etc. is a good step in the right direction. Maybe the same dye for free, but outfits are extra, model would be another gold sink.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Voted no because I would much much rather have hair dye options before this.

Also I barely use the outfit system now, as I just don't have the time or patience, so in reality I would probably never or almost ever take the time to tweak my mount to this level of detail.

I wouldn't be upset if it was implemented but my interest is low.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It would be cool, but I don't think it will happen.