The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing Contests - Win a Notable Home! :)

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, one of my houses I put my blood sweat and tears into. I think it has a funny little spot in it that just might tickle folks.

So...I’m looking forward to entering it in the second contest. Hope you like it.

I look forward to seeing it! :smile:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will for certain be entering the first contest — hopefully the second as well but still brainstorming what I want to build and where! :joy:

I am on the NA server, @ErinM31
    My entry for the first contest is in Moonsugar Meadow, Shinrin-yoku.

What would be the best way to give you access? Could I add you as a friend or is there a guild I should join (temporarily at least)? :blush:
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    I will for certain be entering the first contest — hopefully the second as well but still brainstorming what I want to build and where! :joy:

What would be the best way to give you access? Could I add you as a friend or is there a guild I should join (temporarily at least)? :blush:

Great! Thank you for your entry @ErinM31 :smile: If your house is open for visitors, I can just use port to friends house addon to visit, so you don't have to set it to primary or anything, just make it available for visitors for the 16th November :smile:

I can't wait to see your home! <3 Let me know if you have anything you wish to say about it during the tour.

• Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy to enter my Hall of Lunar Champion in the "Mystery Contest", which is #2.

I will be using the @kwekweg account on the NA server.

You will need to have installed the latest version of EHT to receive my effects (as I unfortunately discovered recently).

I will need to be present for the EHT triggers to work.

I will send "some" details about the story in an email.

I have been developing a reputation for killing my host on tours but I assure you that is not planned for your visit!
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on November 7, 2019 2:17PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great! Thank you for your entry @ErinM31 :smile: If your house is open for visitors, I can just use port to friends house addon to visit, so you don't have to set it to primary or anything, just make it available for visitors for the 16th November :smile:

I can't wait to see your home! <3 Let me know if you have anything you wish to say about it during the tour.

Thank you and will do! :blush: Should the paragraph have to do with the inspiration or intent of the build? Or should it be more of a creative addition itself, a short scene or poem for instance?
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you and will do! :blush: Should the paragraph have to do with the inspiration or intent of the build? Or should it be more of a creative addition itself, a short scene or poem for instance?

It can be whatever you like! Whatever you feel is fitting :smile:

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    I would be happy to enter my Hall of Lunar Champion in the "Mystery Contest", which is #2.

I will be using the @kwekweg account on the NA server.

You will need to have installed the latest version of EHT to receive my effects (as I unfortunately discovered recently).

I will need to be present for the EHT triggers to work.

I will send "some" details about the story in an email.

I have been developing a reputation for killing my host on tours but I assure you that is not planned for your visit!

Great! :smiley: I read your email a little while ago! It sounds great! I can’t wait to see it! :smile:

• Batgirl
    Batgirl
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to enter Contest 1 - A Tiny House.
    I'm PC-EU, my username is @Asia000 and house is in Bouldertree Refuge.
    No EHT used except some minor positioning, but there are few furnishings with audio effects, so it's best to visit with in-game sound on :)
    EDIT: oh, and grass turned off, otherwise there *might* be some poking out through kitchen floor ;x

Edited by Batgirl on November 9, 2019 12:07PM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Batgirl wrote: »
    I would like to enter Contest 1 - A Tiny House.
    I'm PC-EU, my username is @Asia000 and house is in Bouldertree Refuge.
    No EHT used except some minor positioning, but there are few furnishings with audio effects, so it's best to visit with in-game sound on :)
    EDIT: oh, and grass turned off, otherwise there *might* be some poking out through kitchen floor ;x

Great! Thank you for your entry @Batgirl I can't wait to see your house! <3

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to submit a tiny house for Contest 1. I'm on PC-NA and the build is located at Bouldertree Refuge. My account name is @Dojohoda

Although there are thematic elements present before entering the build, the tiny house starts at the top of the Limestone stairway.

The tiny house is the home and work-space of an alchemist.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you work for ZOS? How can you give out an item that is not even available for sale?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Do you work for ZOS? How can you give out an item that is not even available for sale?

No, Elara doesn’t work for ZOS. She has already okayed this through support. Note that this is also why the homes will be totally unfurnished, as versus when they’re bought in-game or through the Crown store. :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 10, 2019 1:51AM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

Yes, as the person stated above, I spoke to support about buying homes for other people for the contest 😊👍🏻

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I would like to submit a tiny house for Contest 1. I'm on PC-NA and the build is located at Bouldertree Refuge. My account name is @Dojohoda

Although there are thematic elements present before entering the build, the tiny house starts at the top of the Limestone stairway.

The tiny house is the home and work-space of an alchemist.

Great, thank you for your entry! And again I am so excited to visit! 😊 and also again, send me a pm if there is anything you would like to add as a description for me to read during the tour 👍🏻

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the interesting contest, Elara!
    I've sent you a background story for my entry on your email.

One question though: How do I make sure that you have access? I've already set it up as my primary home. Do I need to add your @ID into my permission list?
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One question though: How do I make sure that you have access? I've already set it up as my primary home. Do I need to add your @ID into my permission list?

I got your email, and your house sounds great! Really excited to visit! I have port to friends addon, so as long as your home is set as open to visitors, we will be able to get there on Friday with just your username, so no need to do anything else 😊👍🏻

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good luck PC players!
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got your email, and your house sounds great! Really excited to visit! I have port to friends addon, so as long as your home is set as open to visitors, we will be able to get there on Friday with just your username, so no need to do anything else 😊👍🏻

Awesome. Sorry that the inside part will still be under construction, but I hope you'll like it outside ;)
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Elara_Northwind A quick technical question I wanted to ask for contest 1 ! If there is a tree on my build who's branches stick off of the base slightly in a garden for example, is that okay? The main tree is contained within the space, but there's parts sticking into the air on the sides a little bit (They aren't being used to expand the structure or anything- just decorative elements) If that's not okay, I'll find a smaller tree to contain it better!

Not sure if I saw this question asked yet thought I read through- but am I allowed to put a pet in there as a furnishing/homey touch?
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on November 12, 2019 3:49PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    I do really hope I can finish on time. I only saw the post last week, unfortunately. Right now it is only half a house..if you can even call it that... not sure if the roof works as intended and also not sure if my funds will hold :neutral:

Ill drop a mail ingame to enter in case I finish :blush:
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Elara_Northwind A quick technical question I wanted to ask for contest 1 ! If there is a tree on my build who's branches stick off of the base slightly in a garden for example, is that okay? The main tree is contained within the space, but there's parts sticking into the air on the sides a little bit (They aren't being used to expand the structure or anything- just decorative elements) If that's not okay, I'll find a smaller tree to contain it better!

Not sure if I saw this question asked yet thought I read through- but am I allowed to put a pet in there as a furnishing/homey touch?

Hi @ArchangelIsraphel :smile: That is absolutely fine, and of course you can use as many pets etc. as you like :smile:

• gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!

I shall be holding 2 housing contests over the next few weeks. The contests both have different entry dates, and I shall be touring and judging them myself the day after the deadline.

…..

I would like to enter my house in the tiny house Contest 1. It is at my permanent residence, Quondam Indorilia.

"A moth priest escaped the fall of the Imperial City with a little souvenir. For a handful of gold, she bought a dilapidated mansion outside of Mournhold for the view of the waterfall. When the house could not be saved, she used a stray imperial shipment of brass and a great deal of haggling to construct a new residence. [Built free hand and without mods, this player house holds all 7 crafting stations and an outfit station, plus all 8 storage boxes.] Warning: Don't read the Elder Scroll!! That's the real one!!"

In-game name @gameswithaspoon

And thanks so much for this contest, it's such a lovely gift to us all <3
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've sent you an email already but I'll add my submission here too, even if to just bump up the page. =)

The house I want to sign up is on a floating platform in Coldharbour Surreal Estate, so I'll have to give you some directions on how to find it, if that's not a problem.
    So let me put my application in a form way:
    Contest: Contest 1 - A Tiny House
    Username: Michae
    Server: PC EU
    House: Coldharbour Surreal Estate
    How to find it: Go up to the main platform using gang planks connecting floating rocks, then turn left when you'll face Molag Bal statue. It's the only structure with a wooden floor, easy to spot.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • CrystalShard
    CrystalShard
    ✭✭
    Hi, Elara, thanks for this amazing contest! I'd like to participate in Contest 1. I play on PC EU and my username is @Lyrie. I'll be submitting my Grand Psijic Villa for your viewing pleasure. :) You can reach the house by simply turning around as you port inside and then going down the stairs.

Kinlady's Mansion
    "A serene and luxurious abode built by an Altmer noble mage who needed an occasional getaway from the overly rigid Summerset society. This two-story building, decorated in a traditional Alinor fashion, contains a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, as well as a sizeable bedroom/study. With all the functional standards met, this light and cosy house comes with multiple large windows showcasing the magical Artaeum scenery."
    Edited by CrystalShard on November 15, 2019 6:35PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Elara_Northwind Skirting just underneath the wire with my entry today! I sent you an e-mail with my paragraph and all the details, but I thought I'd leave a note here too because I forgot to add in my email that I am on PC/NA ! (I'm @ArchangelIsraphel and sent the "Maormer's Grotto")

But that's not the only thing. I also wanted to let you know how much fun this contest was :)

I have to thank you. This was such a well thought out challenge to complete. Without a pre-existing home to work with I found myself thinking of ways to use the furnishings that I never had before. It makes me wish there were more "Blank" housing areas in the game so I could do this all the time. A story started springing up in my head as I was working on my build and I had to make myself stop >>;;

I did my best to contain even the outside of my home within the blocks (Inlcuding teeny tiny corner gardens!) , and it was so much fun to build. The home is entierly free standing, and can be walked all the way around. Theres a few extra vines and a plank outside of the boundaries leading up to the home to set the mood leading up to the orcish blocks + allow you to get inside (My tiny bosmer got sick of jumping XD)

You've opened a whole new world to me of building your own structures! :)

Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This simple home was built by a Dunmer scholar as a place to relax and reflect far from the politics of Morrowind, a place to align one’s spirit with the nature and magic of Nirn.

Thank you, Elara, for holding these contests!!! :smiley: Are you going to be streaming your tour? If so, when and where would I go to watch? I haven’t watched any streaming for a looong time but I would enjoy seeing what everyone has built!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Elara_Northwind Skirting just underneath the wire with my entry today! I sent you an e-mail with my paragraph and all the details, but I thought I'd leave a note here too because I forgot to add in my email that I am on PC/NA ! (I'm @ArchangelIsraphel and sent the "Maormer's Grotto")

But that's not the only thing. I also wanted to let you know how much fun this contest was :)

I have to thank you. This was such a well thought out challenge to complete. Without a pre-existing home to work with I found myself thinking of ways to use the furnishings that I never had before. It makes me wish there were more "Blank" housing areas in the game so I could do this all the time. A story started springing up in my head as I was working on my build and I had to make myself stop >>;;

I did my best to contain even the outside of my home within the blocks (Inlcuding teeny tiny corner gardens!) , and it was so much fun to build. The home is entierly free standing, and can be walked all the way around. Theres a few extra vines and a plank outside of the boundaries leading up to the home to set the mood leading up to the orcish blocks + allow you to get inside (My tiny bosmer got sick of jumping XD)

You've opened a whole new world to me of building your own structures! :)

Thank you so much for your entry and your kind words! I’m really glad that the challenge has been so much fun! I really look forward to seeing your tiny home, it sounds wonderful! 🏠

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This simple home was built by a Dunmer scholar as a place to relax and reflect far from the politics of Morrowind, a place to align one’s spirit with the nature and magic of Nirn.

Thank you, Elara, for holding these contests!!! :smiley: Are you going to be streaming your tour? If so, when and where would I go to watch? I haven’t watched any streaming for a looong time but I would enjoy seeing what everyone has built!

No problem, thank you all so much for your entries! I am so excited to see them all tomorrow!

I was going to live stream the tour but there are so many entries, far more than I was anticipating, so I shall probably record the tour and edit it into a watchable length video, because a stream could potentially last all night with so many homes to visit! 😆

• January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it still possible to enter the first contest? :)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically today is the last day to decorate and tomorrow she will tour the entries. So I hope you can still enter @January1171 !