The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

R.I.P. PC EU

• SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there some information on the server or is it just the event that’s being cared for?

I can’t seem to find any update on it? Is it me?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried getting into dungeons and BGs last evening. Almost an hour in total, spent in queue with no pops, regardless of role. The finder is completely broken. I tried at 9 p.m, 11 p.m and 1 a.m. for about 20 minutes each time. I doubt the server load was that high in the later hours to justify this.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    I've never heard that the code base on EU was different than NA. That would in itself be a big problem.

All the server and game issues they are having smells of spaghetti coding, badly.

I dont know you, but your post smells like what a noobie coder could write.

Zos is not some obscure software house whose offices are in the basement of the CEO's parents home.
    They surely follow strict rules in their development process and deployment.

IMO they are now facing with worst problems than bad coding practices.
    Maybe they just didnt see huge shortcomings in the technologies they adopted.
    If so the dilemma would be rewrite everything or ducktaping where they can and use every optimizations they know of. Even working with their third party vendors.
    And bruteforce everything else throwing more hardware at it.

I hope that all this makes sense since english is not my main language

• KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much investigation ... you should have become Sherlock Holmes by now
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is the main log in issues stem from the fact that the log in servers for EU and are in the US. The bandwidth on those lines would have to be fairly large to handle all the requests with the added ping delay due to the increased distance.

And didn’t they mention that moving many accounts into to “cold storage” would improve load times due to the fact that you basically re-log and ping that server every time you hit a load screen? Keep in mind that every time you “log” in this regard, it still searches through every account ever made before it “finds” yours. This would explain why most issues occur whilst traveling through load screens or using the dungeon finder.

It’s my guess that these log-in issues will not be addressed until they try the “cold storage” protocols scheduled for next year. But they really need to move the EU log in servers closer to the game servers also to reduce the congestion on the lines during prime time, or, with continued increased growth, it’s just another temporary fix.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    KoultouraS wrote: »
    So much investigation ... you should have become Sherlock Holmes by now

Imagine if they are pro level in development, it operations, marketing and pr, and after successfully fixing the problem it's good to laugh at oneself and make, for example, some kind of new sleuth costume and/or emote that represents constant investigation of something. Problem fixed, everybody laughed, reputation saved, money earned.
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is the main log in issues stem from the fact that the log in servers for EU and are in the US. The bandwidth on those lines would have to be fairly large to handle all the requests with the added ping delay due to the increased distance.

And didn’t they mention that moving many accounts into to “cold storage” would improve load times due to the fact that you basically re-log and ping that server every time you hit a load screen? Keep in mind that every time you “log” in this regard, it still searches through every account ever made before it “finds” yours. This would explain why most issues occur whilst traveling through load screens or using the dungeon finder.

It’s my guess that these log-in issues will not be addressed until they try the “cold storage” protocols scheduled for next year. But they really need to move the EU log in servers closer to the game servers also to reduce the congestion on the lines during prime time, or, with continued increased growth, it’s just another temporary fix.

I agree with you on some level.
    But we are talking about how many records? In the millions Im sure but in the order of magnitude easily manageable (SP?)
    Dont u agree?
    If is a network congestion because there are several MB per record to retrive I would have thought should be addressed by now
    Edited by holden_caulfield on November 19, 2019 12:31PM
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But we are talking about how many records? In the millions Im sure but in the order of magnitude easily manageable (SP?)
    Dont u agree?
    If is a network congestion because there are several MB per record to retrive I would have thought should be addressed by now

I’m not going to pretend to know, but whatever it is, it currently isn’t managable, and being that they claim the infrastructure is the same as NA, yet there are easily measurable differences, and isn’t being ‘managed’, it has to be a logistical issue, ie. networking limitations, bandwidth limitations, protocol inadequacies, whatever.
    I just hope they realise their potential, place the appropriate value on the product, and move quickly to improve the situation for everyone.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭

Dont u agree?

I’m not going to pretend to know, but whatever it is, it currently isn’t managable, and being that they claim the infrastructure is the same as NA, yet there are easily measurable differences, and isn’t being ‘managed’, it has to be a logistical issue, ie. networking limitations, bandwidth limitations, protocol inadequacies, whatever.
    I just hope they realise their potential, place the appropriate value on the product, and move quickly to improve the situation for everyone.

I can only agree with u. Its really a beautiful game. Such attention to details. And yet plagued with problems that u wouldnt belive such a big house could ever have
    Edited by holden_caulfield on November 19, 2019 1:14PM
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to log-in, without experiencing problems, and play the game,
    and spend some money, depending on price/what's on offer.

If most problems point to incapacity, server, game loading screen times, etc... they need to fix whatever.

as for pr, the cheapest form of advertising is word of mouth.. err I mean finger to keyboard.

I really do pray that these issue's don't dog the PC EU servers through Xmas/New Year,

because the servers will be heavily tested over this time period.
    Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
    Feed the needy Not the greedy
    In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any news regarding the server? Because either you risk the possibility of your customers on their own start to reach conclusions, quite possibly some you don’t want combined with your brand or you start communicating?

Don’t be afraid to get into details, I’m sure we can get it translated by others users if you start to drive down nerdy-lane. But now is the time for some actual information.

- why
    - How
    - What’s being done
    - How long perspective before reaching standard

I’m aware that you aren’t the one with hands on, but when ever someone calls you seem to answer....
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As of now we have 3-4 of us constantly disconnecting from server while doing trial. Even I got the boot, despite 90ms latency and 300 mbps fiber line. BTW all those disconnect, remain on Discord, so they don't have real network issues on their side.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play low level bg's that's about what I do but it's impossible to tell if the activity finder is active or inactive. The only way to "find out" is to wait until you waited long enough to understand that it's inactive, sick.....

Got one after waiting 32 mins and some1 declined :'(
    Well at leats now I know it's Active.

Updated the post.
    Edited by Saltisol on November 19, 2019 8:08PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 min bg q atm, so much fun.
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Even loading screens are way longer than before dragonhold, one can notice it, it's kinda frustrating because you're wondering if it's an infinite loading screens or not, if you should close and relaunch the game...
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    5-10 min loading screens, guilds store won't load and delay in chat classic zos
    same thing for the last month since dragonhold at prime time
    they are literally don't give a *** about this game
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just finished my pledges, wanted to port out, hit a long loading screen ending in timeout. I doubt the server load is higher than usual.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't login again @ZOS_GinaBruno

"Login timeout" when attempting to get in.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on November 19, 2019 9:13PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this happening again ?! wtf...
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please just bin it now, and go pull spuds up in a field for a living, surely you can't fu?k that up, CAN YOU.
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long loading screens into a dungeon (about 10min now). LFG tool wasn't working so we tried porting in. No one has gotten in yet. PC EU
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't log in. Yet again.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant access guild store or bank
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501838/update-on-undaunted-event#latest
    "To give everyone an update for today, we're still working on some adjustments and getting everything tested. We know everyone is anxious to hear our plans for the Undaunted event, and we’ll tell you as soon as everything is solidified. Right now, the priority is getting the fixes tested as much as possible, which does take time. We’ll check back in with you all tomorrow with the latest status. "

ZOS, those better be some damn good fixes. Your EU server chokes even if there is no event. All it takes is slightly more people to login in the evening...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 19, 2019 9:18PM
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    "To give everyone an update for today, we're still working on some adjustments and getting everything tested. We know everyone is anxious to hear our plans for the Undaunted event, and we’ll tell you as soon as everything is solidified. Right now, the priority is getting the fixes tested as much as possible, which does take time. We’ll check back in with you all tomorrow with the latest status."

LOL as if the undaunted event was our main concerns…….
    Edited by Saltisol on November 19, 2019 9:20PM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can´t login, this is so upsetting...........
    why should I pay and play any longer??????????
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS anyone.........................
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am stuck in an infinite loading screen towards Alinor's outlaw refuge. And there isn't even an event!

I am so grateful I could finish a dungeon run tonight before it happened!
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad my eso+ ran out today finally. Now I can just relax and login casually :)
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waynerx8 wrote: »
    Please just bin it now, and go pull spuds up in a field for a living, surely you can't fu?k that up, CAN YOU.

ZOS: Challenge accepted!
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

PC EU Server

I decided to travel from Alik'r to Summerset,

I have been waiting for 10mins now for the game to complete the journey,

something is defiantly wrong with the game tonight.
    Edited by DrOuttaSight on November 19, 2019 9:27PM
    Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
    Feed the needy Not the greedy
    In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
This discussion has been closed.