The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Piercing Cold magden passive buffed in PTS and not mentioned in patch notes.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    No, that requires too much work and effort on my end. The patch also drops tomorrow.
    Naked with no cp and only Master's + fish food
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000
    Dive - 4000 (4600 at max range)

yeah i just did a little pts testing with a frostden build. my frost reach tooltip was like 8900 and my ele weapon was 10,000. dive was like 100 above ele weapon.unknown.png

note:

sets used were Iceheart, Perf False God and Winterborn frontbar with Mael Back.

Master's reach was: Iceheart, Perf False God, Master frontbar, Mael back and Willpower jewels.

Doesn't work if you don't use the same sets.

sure but master's staff is a set so i can't exactly do it on a full build.

filler+lich+master/willpower?

to quote your own words "doesn't work if you don't use the same sets" well i legit can't because the master staff requires a frontbar slot taking 2 of my pieces.

my frost reach settup did as best as it could to come close to the other settup i had. but this time instead of having winterborn, it had master's staff and jewels. which will overall result in similar tooltip sizes.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 21, 2019 5:58AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    No, that requires too much work and effort on my end. The patch also drops tomorrow.
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000

yeah i just did a little pts testing with a frostden build. my frost reach tooltip was like 8900 and my ele weapon was 10,000. dive was like 100 above ele weapon.unknown.png

note:

Master's reach was: Iceheart, Perf False God, Master frontbar, Mael back and Willpower jewels.

to quote your own words "doesn't work if you don't use the same sets" well i legit can't because the master staff requires a frontbar slot taking 2 of my pieces.

my frost reach settup did as best as it could to come close to the other settup i had. but this time instead of having winterborn, it had master's staff and jewels. which will overall result in similar tooltip sizes.

Being an frost set up have you tied using ysgramor's at all?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000

note:

Ysgramors isn't quite as good as elemental succession nor as flavourful as winterborn, we've tried it. when it comes to force pulse specifically as your spammable, ysgramors only buffs the frost damage portion of the skill. where as elemental succession buffs all at once, giving you a really reliable skill to proc the set. i personally prefer to combine iceheart and winterborn with a really great stat boosting set.

In this case, perfected false god is that set as it gives 2 pieces of spell crit(helps proc iceheart as well), 1 piece of spell damage, 1 piece of max magicka (if wearing perfected variant), constant minor slayer which is +5% damage at all times as this is a pve build, a full 8% magicka cost reduction of expensive frost skills, (looking at you unstable wall of frost) and an effect that gives free major expedition and magicka return upon killing an enemy.

With frost builds i do my best to try and bring theme and viability together. it's not exactly viable in trials but it will do great for overland and dungeons, even vet should do fine. Though frost wardens still lack a really impactful frost damage ability.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 21, 2019 7:28AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

Question: Did they buff Sorc's 5% physical/shock to 10% too? It would be a change in the right direction!

No i checked that because i thought it might have been a standardisation buff. Sorc's is still 5% at Rank II

Yeah but they also get spell damage for any sorc skill slotted. which most of their class skills do shock damage.

Their two main dps skills don´t deal shock dmg though - curse and frags.

I´d love to see those turned back into shock dmg as they originally were in closed betas though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000

note:

Ysgramors isn't quite as good as elemental succession nor as flavourful as winterborn, we've tried it. when it comes to force pulse specifically as your spammable, ysgramors only buffs the frost damage portion of the skill. where as elemental succession buffs all at once, giving you a really reliable skill to proc the set. i personally prefer to combine iceheart and winterborn with a really great stat boosting set.

In this case, perfected false god is that set as it gives 2 pieces of spell crit(helps proc iceheart as well), 1 piece of spell damage, 1 piece of max magicka (if wearing perfected variant), constant minor slayer which is +5% damage at all times as this is a pve build, a full 8% magicka cost reduction of expensive frost skills, (looking at you unstable wall of frost) and an effect that gives free major expedition and magicka return upon killing an enemy.

With frost builds i do my best to try and bring theme and viability together. it's not exactly viable in trials but it will do great for overland and dungeons, even vet should do fine. Though frost wardens still lack a really impactful frost damage ability.

ty for you input was just putting set out due to it being similar to BSW/silks of the sun for flame damage
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 21, 2019 8:03AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

Question: Did they buff Sorc's 5% physical/shock to 10% too? It would be a change in the right direction!

No i checked that because i thought it might have been a standardisation buff. Sorc's is still 5% at Rank II

Yeah but they also get spell damage for any sorc skill slotted. which most of their class skills do shock damage.

Their two main dps skills don´t deal shock dmg though - curse and frags.

I´d love to see those turned back into shock dmg as they originally were in closed betas though.

I thought their two main dps skills were pets XD :p
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main