The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Piercing Cold magden passive buffed in PTS and not mentioned in patch notes.

nesakinter
nesakinter
✭✭✭✭
Noticed there was a significant buff to Piercing Cold passive in PTS.

On live - Increases Magic and Frost damage by 5%
On PTS - Increases Magic and Frost damage by 10%

I hope this is intended and not a bug
Edited by nesakinter on October 20, 2019 4:27PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i believe its in the patch notes. dont remember which one though.

Btw patch will drop Monday?
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, this would be huge, and somewhat identity-building. Can anyone confirm this buff?
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is definitely 10% on PTS. Pretty cool buff TBH, and Magden seems to be the only class where Degeneration is still worth using because of this passive (maybe also Magcro with their DoT increase?). It’s also helped to make Winter’s Revenge viable again.

Unfortunately Magden still seems to be slightly behind other Magicka DPS. I’ve seen Magcro, MagDK, Magblade, and Magsorc outparse it on PTS this week. Though the gap is smaller than in some other patches.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 20, 2019 5:49PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is definitely 10% on PTS. Pretty cool buff TBH, and Magden seems to be the only class where Degeneration is still worth using because of this passive (maybe also Magcro with their DoT increase?). It’s also helped to make Winter’s Revenge viable again.

Unfortunately Magden still seems to be slightly behind other Magicka DPS. I’ve seen Magcro, MagDK, Magblade, and Magsorc outparse it on PTS this week. Though the gap is smaller than in some other patches.

Do you know if the testing was focused on cold damage or other areas as i have an frost build and this looks good for her when it hit ps4
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if only warden had some reliable frost damage dealing skills in winters revenge we would be good on identity... expansive frost cloak, frozen gate, and arctic blast (yes, the new one) need a rework or two
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Now if only warden had some reliable frost damage dealing skills in winters revenge we would be good on identity... expansive frost cloak, frozen gate, and arctic blast (yes, the new one) need a rework or two

This passive should apply to ALL frost damage no matter where it comes from so all frost damage skills get its buff
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 20, 2019 7:43PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know if the testing was focused on cold damage or other areas as i have an frost build and this looks good for her when it hit ps4

@Nordic__Knights Just Winter’s Revenge. I haven’t seen any builds using more Frost Damage than this one skill.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nordic__Knights Just Winter’s Revenge. I haven’t seen any builds using more Frost Damage than this one skill.

I use it along with blockade/clench/ icy rage or permafrost on my build with frost staff/ s&b
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 20, 2019 8:00PM
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Arctic Blast is garbage. Worthless skill.

Back to the drawing board @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i posted this on warden feedback last night. I'm not sure how i feel
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although there are limited frost skills, I think its a good little buff for MagDen.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New Arctic Blast is garbage. Worthless skill.

Back to the drawing board @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam

AB4.0 could totally fix that ;)
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying this crap for ages. They need to increase the special damage types per class and completely GUT CP so it actually matters. Maybe we will see Mag Den's with Frost Wall or Mag Sorcs with Shock Wall.. eventually.. CP dilutes class diversity and serves no purpose other than to hold back new players and make old content irellivant for veteran players. CP multipliers sounds exciting at first till you realize no matter what build you use, you always have roughly the same statisitcal advantage at cap due to diminishing returns. It serves little purpose then to equalize the differences between classes.

Lastly, if they continue in this direction, something like Spell Crafting becomes more viable. With CP and the minimal differences between damage types and classes, we're stuck with a scenario where EVERY class would choose the same OP fire dot spell.. but with damage type specialization, you'd get bis frost spell for mag den, bis shock spell for sorc, bis poison spell, ETC.

At least from a pve perspective.

Question: Did they buff Sorc's 5% physical/shock to 10% too? It would be a change in the right direction!
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 21, 2019 1:49AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess it's time farm a Master's Frost staff? -at least for pvp

It does slightly more damage than Elemental Weapon/Dive/Force Pulse, with the new passive.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess it's time farm a Master's Frost staff? -at least for pvp

It does slightly more damage than Elemental Weapon/Dive/Force Pulse, with the new passive.

Could you please link a screenshot?
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on burning uptime, this might make backbar Frost instead of Inferno Staff quite viable for magden.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying this crap for ages. They need to increase the special damage types per class and completely GUT CP so it actually matters. Maybe we will see Mag Den's with Frost Wall or Mag Sorcs with Shock Wall.. eventually.. CP dilutes class diversity and serves no purpose other than to hold back new players and make old content irellivant for veteran players. CP multipliers sounds exciting at first till you realize no matter what build you use, you always have roughly the same statisitcal advantage at cap due to diminishing returns. It serves little purpose then to equalize the differences between classes.

Lastly, if they continue in this direction, something like Spell Crafting becomes more viable. With CP and the minimal differences between damage types and classes, we're stuck with a scenario where EVERY class would choose the same OP fire dot spell.. but with damage type specialization, you'd get bis frost spell for mag den, bis shock spell for sorc, bis poison spell, ETC.

At least from a pve perspective.

Question: Did they buff Sorc's 5% physical/shock to 10% too? It would be a change in the right direction!

I agree with this but on the other hand you need CP to clear the hardest content in the game, and we'll still need some sort of progression past CP160.

Raising the max armor level is definitely a no though, so what's a good alternative? Maybe keep CP but rework it to be less stat focused?
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No i checked that because i thought it might have been a standardisation buff. Sorc's is still 5% at Rank II
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No i checked that because i thought it might have been a standardisation buff. Sorc's is still 5% at Rank II

Yeah but they also get spell damage for any sorc skill slotted. which most of their class skills do shock damage.

PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arjuna1696 wrote: »
    Woah, this would be huge, and somewhat identity-building. Can anyone confirm this buff?

yeah it is.unknown.png
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    No, that requires too much work and effort on my end. The patch also drops tomorrow.
    Naked with no cp and only Master's + fish food
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000
    Dive - 4000 (4600 at max range)
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see a list of combat related changes not covered in the patch notes.

Off the top of my head, Rapid Strikes scales with MaA CP now, and the Warden Bear ulti is (finally) boosted by Bloodthirsty. I'm sure there are others.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    and the Warden Bear ulti is (finally) boosted by Bloodthirsty. I'm sure there are others.

really? do you have evidence of that?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    No, that requires too much work and effort on my end. The patch also drops tomorrow.
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000

yeah i just did a little pts testing with a frostden build. my frost reach tooltip was like 8900 and my ele weapon was 10,000. dive was like 100 above ele weapon.unknown.png

note:

sets used were Iceheart, Perf False God and Winterborn frontbar with Mael Back.

Master's reach was: Iceheart, Perf False God, Master frontbar, Mael back and Willpower jewels.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 21, 2019 4:47AM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and the Warden Bear ulti is (finally) boosted by Bloodthirsty. I'm sure there are others.

I can take some screenshots later.

AFAIK it's the only pet, permanent or temporary, that gets boosted by Bloodthirsty. Very inconsistent. Necro Blastbones and Archer/Mage don't, sorc pets don't. Unsure of NB Dark Shade but haven't actually tested.

But it's only the bear ulti attack, not the auto attack, that gets buffed.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can take some screenshots later.

AFAIK it's the only pet, permanent or temporary, that gets boosted by Bloodthirsty. Very inconsistent. Necro Blastbones and Archer/Mage don't, sorc pets don't. Unsure of NB Dark Shade but haven't actually tested.

But it's only the bear ulti attack, not the auto attack, that gets buffed.

with it not buffing 100% and only 1 part it sounds more like an bug then something added by team
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000

yeah i just did a little pts testing with a frostden build. my frost reach tooltip was like 8900 and my ele weapon was 10,000. dive was like 100 above ele weapon.unknown.png

note:

Master's reach was: Iceheart, Perf False God, Master frontbar, Mael back and Willpower jewels.

Doesn't work if you don't use the same sets.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000

note:

sure but master's staff is a set so i can't exactly do it on a full build.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000

note:

it also doesnt work of you are using a master staff while trying to buff ele weapn, force pulse and scr. they dont get bonuses from the Master Staff.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91
    Frost Reach - 4592 + dot
    Force Pulse - 3658
    Elemental Weapon - 4000

note:

sure but master's staff is a set so i can't exactly do it on a full build.

filler+lich+master/willpower?