The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Damage on weapon skill line spammables should not be nerfed.

MentalxHammer
MentalxHammer
✭✭✭✭✭
Flurry: Reduced the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 8% to ensure it does not eclipse other damage abilities, such as DoTs.

Uppercut: Reduced the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 16% to ensure it does not eclipse other damage abilities such as DoTs.

I have seen some discussion regarding this topic, I though it would be useful to create a thread directly targeting this change to voice our opinions. Obviously the viability of dizzying swing is in question for many players after the loss of the stun. I think the lowering of the skills damage is unwarranted, I personally believe the skill should be tested on live for a quarter before the nerf to its damage is considered. Flurry may have use in PvE content, however this skill is unattractive for many PvP players due to the channel time. Many players prefer the upfront damage that regular direct damage abilities provide; it is much easier to respond and recover to channeled damage than it is to direct damage burst. I believe if the damage is nerfed this skill will become almost nonexistent in PvP. I personally think the damage on these skills shouldn't be nerfed, what do you guys think?
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think that ppl like or dislike shouldnt be taken into consideration when talking about efficiency.

a spamable should do "base spamable dmg" + bonuses. flurry may look channeled it isnt interuptible so it isnt channeled but "animated".

again, viability and popularity are two very different things. popularity often means "overperforming" in ESO alonside a "will be nerfed soon" post-it.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even without the stun being taken into consideration, Dizzying Swing is in the ballpark of double the damage of all over spammable attacks on live. And unless you're consistently playing with high ping, it's not nearly as hard to land as a lot of people make it out to be. I haven't played Stamina as a main for a long time, but back in the day I didn't have too much trouble landing Dizzying Swing with a Stamina Sorcerer, and that was long before it got sped up.

Having a cast time could justify Dizzy having somewhat higher damage than instant abilities, like Imbue Weapon, but it doesn't need to be hitting for 5-7k as often as it does in no-CP on live. Especially not with just a 0.8 second, uninterruptable cast time that doesn't snare the user and frequently lands flush even when blocking or well outside of melee range (and that happens even without bad ping).
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Even without the stun being taken into consideration, Dizzying Swing is in the ballpark of double the damage of all over spammable attacks on live. And unless you're consistently playing with high ping, it's not nearly as hard to land as a lot of people make it out to be. I haven't played Stamina as a main for a long time, but back in the day I didn't have too much trouble landing Dizzying Swing with a Stamina Sorcerer, and that was long before it got sped up.

Having a cast time could justify Dizzy having somewhat higher damage than instant abilities, like Imbue Weapon, but it doesn't need to be hitting for 5-7k as often as it does in no-CP on live. Especially not with just a 0.8 second, uninterruptable cast time that doesn't snare the user and frequently lands flush even when blocking or well outside of melee range (and that happens even without bad ping).

I would agree with you if there wasn't so much risk in the playstyle of dizzy you have to be up front in someone face casting dizzy it is a risk reward skill unlike imbue which is ranged or snipe (which btw will be the hardest hitting weapon line spammable in the game next patch)… Stamina based weapon lines have taken huge nerfs patch after patch after patch Sword and shields damage capability was completely gutted which is a playstyle I prefer so much more than dizzy.. instant damage and with good fast bash weaving a lot of it.. My biggest problem is they didn't even try to balance the skill they just dumpstered it like they do most things that people cry about.. The reason dizzy feels broken this patch is onslaught period.... No one was complaining about dizzy swing when spin to win was the meta or when 2h SnB heroic slash bash weave was the meta... If onslaught was adjusted and maybe even the old cast time reverted to d swing it would be fine , instead another playstyle ruined.. GG
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not sure about dizzy to be un-interuptable but if it is, well, it makes it a 0risk skill. anyway with a pure dps standard, the longer you cast a skill, the higher dmg should it do. spamable being instant but with an 0.6anim for the most which can be anim-cuted tho*.

logically dmg rank on hit should scale accordingly with cast time. i think it does.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything is eclipsing DoTs right now because of how hard they nerfed them; just make them comparable to other spammables...
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wheem_ESO

Keep in mind Ransack & Heroic Slash were gutted. This is relevant to the current necessity of D-Swing in many 2h/s&b builds as a single target spammable, the only other one now being Power Bash.

More importantly, the skill wasn't remotely worth the slot at Murkmire, but it is now and was at Elsweyr. We certainly do not want it to return to Murkmire uselessness.

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage on weapon skill line spammables should not be nerfed.

Fixed that title for you. For the most part the only things overperforming right now in PvP are mitigation/healing related.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uppercut damage was nerfed because it now sets enemy targets "off-balance."
    "Off-balance" = +10% incoming damage = ~6% nerf to an ability that deals a butt ton of damage.
    Flurry has always been garbage for pvp. The animation lasts longer than its supposed to and the range and lack of a snare ruin this ability. I've tried using it a few times... and while fun- it doesn't work.

*It's a pretty big nerf to no-cp, but not much of one in cp.