The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Vamp Drain and power levels

BohnT2
BohnT2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Over the past year many skills lost their CC because hard hitting skills shouldn't be allowed to have a CC or skills with a CC shouldn't do too many things.

How did Vamp Drain escape this?
The skill is cheap costing a mere 1800mag while offering:
A buggy CC that's hard to break
High damage (15k damage on players)
A strong heal
And more ultimate than anything else in the game.

This skill has to go it's a bane that should have never made it to the point where it is right now
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep in mind that this is the LAST SKILL the magden can use to reliably CC on demand. after ZoS has nerfed every other CC possible to us. So now you're asking for them to gut this as well.. cheers bro.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    I can agree the CC can be buggy and annoying to break but that is no reason to gut the skill. WWs and Vamps need to be left alone they are barely viable.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your right it’s pretty buggy. But you know what else? I’m so tired of this. Dizzy swing is gone for the same reasons here and honestly there’s just so little left in this game compared to what there once was. I mean we’ve gone from meteor reflection and knocking people off outposts with javelin to hit them for a mid air kill with Dawnbreaker, to this sad, gutless version of PvP where nothing unexpected can happen and where all the really punishing skills that can in fact be avoided with timing and knowledge are gone. I actually hate this skill, don’t use it, and the CC break is broken. But I’m also just really tired of people asking for skills to be trashed. And ZOS isn’t gonna help the classes that still need a reliable CC, they’re just gonna nuke this skill and leave it at that. Just look at this post dizzy swing meta, stam sorcs who pretty much can either use a CC that takes them away from their opponent or one that they cannot chose when it goes off and stam wardens have even less options. Most classes will probably go to turn evil and everyone will be doing the same ***.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

This skill has to go it's a bane that should have never made it to the point where it is right now

If that is "high damage" to you during that channel time compared to what can do with actual skills used with light attack weaving to the enemy.. then i don`t know what to say. You are also channeling a skill that offers no protection from anything, it is not Soul Assault lol. Someone uses it on me, i break free and burst them down.

Take off the giant chicken helmet and open your eyes to the big picture again.

This skill IS used by many tanks at PVE for ultigen yes. But.. "nerffff plz" because its a "bane" by being same pretty much for years. Sometimes i am ashamed to be one of the pvp players on this game since so many are just bunch of crybabies that are selfishly wanting the game to be changed for their own vision instead of a game that is actually fun to play for everyone.

*heavy sigh*
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

If that is "high damage" to you during that channel time compared to what can do with actual skills used with light attack weaving to the enemy.. then i don`t know what to say. You are also channeling a skill that offers no protection from anything, it is not Soul Assault lol. Someone uses it on me, i break free and burst them down.

This skill IS used by many tanks at PVE for ultigen yes. But.. "nerffff plz" because its a "bane" by being same pretty much for years. Sometimes i am ashamed to be one of the pvp players on this game since so many are just bunch of crybabies that are selfishly wanting the game to be changed for their own vision instead of a game that is actually fun to play for everyone.

*heavy sigh*

10/10 would get insulted by someone on the forums again who doesn't even know that the skill has a heal attached to it and has no idea how to use it properly
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh btw it's undodgeable gg balance
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage is low and the channel makes it easy to bash you or just walk away.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*heavy sigh*

10/10 would get insulted by someone on the forums again who doesn't even know that the skill has a heal attached to it and has no idea how to use it properly

Well, you seem to have trouble with plenty of things at PVP, but i am sure someday you will do okay once everything is nerfed just the way you want, but then see there are empty campaigns and bgs anymore when all skills lost their purpose and pvp is dead.

You know, requests you make are leading to the all skills being the same but with just different color effect on different classes, you know that right? Some not realize that, but they will complain when it happens, already did this last patch when everything started to be and feel the same to the point things became.. boring.

And yet people just want more skills to be destroyed into uselessness. And defense is "you dont even know it has heal" type of defense. Buddy, i`ve been using that skill for years on my PVE tank so i know it damn well thank you very much for your info splash though. :)
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay who 1xed this man with vamp drain? I haven’t seen this skill in pvp in ages.

These people will make a nerf forum for anything jeez.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*heavy sigh*

Well, you seem to have trouble with plenty of things at PVP, but i am sure someday you will do okay once everything is nerfed just the way you want, but then see there are empty campaigns and bgs anymore when all skills lost their purpose and pvp is dead.

You know, requests you make are leading to the all skills being the same but with just different color effect on different classes, you know that right? Some not realize that, but they will complain when it happens, already did this last patch when everything started to be and feel the same to the point things became.. boring.

And yet people just want more skills to be destroyed into uselessness. And defense is "you dont even know it has heal" type of defense. Buddy, i`ve been using that skill for years on my PVE tank so i know it damn well thank you very much for your info splash though. :)

You can try to malign me as much as you want but if you try to tell me the things I've been talking about are all overperforming and no one in their right mind would deny that.
    But please go ahead and keep talking about things you can't grasp.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill has a very buggy stun that I see being abused on a regular basis (especially in battlegrounds). I´ve used it myself on several occasions and I it´s very obvious how strange it performs when your enemy fails to break free after being stunned for 3-4 seconds from the drain (and I doubt my enemies are out of stam to break free in most cases).

I won´t debate on however the other features of the skill is overloaded or not, but there´s no denying that the stun on invigorating drain is very buggy and sometimes impossible to break free from.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past year many skills lost their CC because hard hitting skills shouldn't be allowed to have a CC or skills with a CC shouldn't do too many things.

A strong heal

No. Go away nerfling. Just go away. And never come back.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A strong heal

No. Go away nerfling. Just go away. And never come back.

No i will continue to steal your training wheels
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*heavy sigh*

You can try to malign me as much as you want but if you try to tell me the things I've been talking about are all overperforming and no one in their right mind would deny that.

You will always find something that "overperforms" until everything is exactly the same, that is what i am trying to say to you.. you cannot have different skills and classes unless they have skills that perform differently in different scenarios and your "grasp" of things is that are looking at them in a vacuum one by one trying to remove anything that does not fit into your vision of the game.

Not here to "malign", just pointing out that trying to change all skills based on your PVP vision, YOUR vision of it.. would lead to a boring and bad game without any skills being different from others. You must see this yourself, right?

I actually demand a BUFF to Vamp drain now. I calculated a 16% damage increase would be good. Lets buff it for my RP needs! :)
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*heavy sigh*

You will always find something that "overperforms" until everything is exactly the same, that is what i am trying to say to you.. you cannot have different skills and classes unless they have skills that perform differently in different scenarios and your "grasp" of things is that are looking at them in a vacuum one by one trying to remove anything that does not fit into your vision of the game.

Not here to "malign", just pointing out that trying to change all skills based on your PVP vision, YOUR vision of it.. would lead to a boring and bad game without any skills being different from others. You must see this yourself, right?

I actually demand a BUFF to Vamp drain now. I calculated a 16% damage increase would be good. Lets buff it for my RP needs! :)

I guess you have a really hard time to distinguishing things which are so strong that they ruin the game like 5.2.0 BoL, brp dw/resto, pirate skeleton or 5.2.0 PotL or onslaught or vamp drain and skills which are comparatively stronger than others but are fine overall.

But please go ahead and keep saying that i want to make everything the same.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Your right it’s pretty buggy. But you know what else? I’m so tired of this. Dizzy swing is gone for the same reasons here and honestly there’s just so little left in this game compared to what there once was. I mean we’ve gone from meteor reflection and knocking people off outposts with javelin to hit them for a mid air kill with Dawnbreaker, to this sad, gutless version of PvP where nothing unexpected can happen and where all the really punishing skills that can in fact be avoided with timing and knowledge are gone. I actually hate this skill, don’t use it, and the CC break is broken. But I’m also just really tired of people asking for skills to be trashed. And ZOS isn’t gonna help the classes that still need a reliable CC, they’re just gonna nuke this skill and leave it at that. Just look at this post dizzy swing meta, stam sorcs who pretty much can either use a CC that takes them away from their opponent or one that they cannot chose when it goes off and stam wardens have even less options. Most classes will probably go to turn evil and everyone will be doing the same ***.

Noticed this trend at ZOS too, they can't be arsed to fix bugs on a certain aspect of a skill, no worries! Let's just strip the skill of the bugged aspect or worse, nerf it so hard that no one will slot it. This is getting really tiresome.

Vamp drain will probably be next, cant fix the bug, nerf it to the ground.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP left out the fact that using this spell traps the caster into a lengthy channel, during which no other actions can be performed. The caster can block/bash cancel to abort the channel, but then he doesn't receive the full benefit of the heals and damage. If you cancel immediately like I do, all you get is 4K or 5K damage and a tiny little heal.

The fact that anybody is actually using this ridiculously clunky spell just goes to show how severely Magicka classes have been CRIPPLED by nerfs.

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Just no. If vamp drain is hitting you for 15k, stop wearing divines. If you consider it a "strong heal" i literally have no words to say since you apparently cant read the tooltip and realize the heal is mediocre at best.

Yes its a decent stun, but for *** sake we need SOME stuns in this game or no one will die. Stop calling for nerfs of stuns, get over the fact that you die in pvp.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭

A strong heal

they nerf dizzy but not vamp drain zos are big brains
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*heavy sigh*

I guess you have a really hard time to distinguishing things which are so strong that they ruin the game like 5.2.0 BoL, brp dw/resto, pirate skeleton or 5.2.0 PotL or onslaught or vamp drain and skills which are comparatively stronger than others but are fine overall.

I guess you have a really hard time to understanding the words that i am writing. You will ALWAYS find something that seems to overperform to you UNTIL literally everything is the same and all classes have access to same skills just with different color animation. Cannot explain it more simple than that.

No matter what you want nerfed you will still drop like a sack of potatos in front of Chalman like the rest of them. It is funny observing (and then killing) you and the pactlings miserable siege attempts. :joy:

Show us where someone touched you with their Vamp drain?

#BUFFvampDrain2019 !!
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*heavy sigh*

I guess you have a really hard time to understanding the words that i am writing. You will ALWAYS find something that seems to overperform to you UNTIL literally everything is the same and all classes have access to same skills just with different color animation. Cannot explain it more simple than that.

No matter what you want nerfed you will still drop like a sack of potatos in front of Chalman like the rest of them. It is funny observing (and then killing) you and the pactlings miserable siege attempts. :joy:

#BUFFvampDrain2019 !!

I guess being in the DC faction stack actually destroys brain cells.
    If you put in the current vamp drain which has been buffed this patch the same way jabs got buffed in the game before it would have been overperforming aswell. The fact that skills like frags, dizzy, whip lost their stun because it was too much is just the cherry on top.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »

A strong heal

they nerf dizzy but not vamp drain zos are big brains

The forums need a downvote option for nonesnese like this. You are seriously comparing a spammable which does ult levels of damage to a stun with a dot attached? 6184fhaeo5r2.png
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage is low and the channel makes it easy to bash you or just walk away.

You can cancel the channel and still get the stun and ultimate. It's extremely cheap compared to every other CC in the game. Increase cost and reduce the range to 8 meters like dk fossilize.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Vamp Drain is so overpowered, at least according to some of the people that are upset over the Dizzying Swing nerfs, how about you trade away Dizzying Swing for a Stamina version of Vamp Drain? Wouldn't it be awesome to take 25% more fire damage at all times, so that you can use an ability that does less damage over the course of an interruptable 3 second channel than Dizzying Swing does in 0.8 seconds?

There are reasons that essentially every Stamina build on live is constantly pounding away on their Dizzying Swing key, but I only ever see Magicka Necromancers and Magicka Wardens using Vamp Drain. And even then it's pretty common to immediately self-interrupt, rather than going through the entire channel.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*heavy sigh*

#BUFFvampDrain2019 !!

I guess being in the DC faction stack actually destroys brain cells.
    If you put in the current vamp drain which has been buffed this patch the same way jabs got buffed in the game before it would have been overperforming aswell. The fact that skills like frags, dizzy, whip lost their stun because it was too much is just the cherry on top.

Silence, Covenant is glorious and mighty!

EP faction stack: "All push in.. 1...2...3..4...5.. NOW! <10 seconds later all EP dead on the mg> "no one put camp again!" :joy:

And no, playing solo and with small group, but occasionally nice to come where zergs are just to farm a bit. Since often when i/we go siege some keep that is away from emp ring, no one comes to even try to kill, all just look at wall lol.

And i agree, Frags and Dizzy lost stun, they should have not.. what will stamsorc use next as an example? Bar slots become issue and soon all use universal Fear Evil, what difference with classes if all use same stuff?

And why it happens? Because people ask skills nerfed, and well.. here we are. And still some ask for more nerfs. Sometimes i think most propably do not even play anymore but troll the game with lame nerf demands. I have no other explanation on some of these things.

Seriously. :(

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Since Vamp Drain is so overpowered, at least according to some of the people that are upset over the Dizzying Swing nerfs, how about you trade away Dizzying Swing for a Stamina version of Vamp Drain? Wouldn't it be awesome to take 25% more fire damage at all times, so that you can use an ability that does less damage over the course of an interruptable 3 second channel than Dizzying Swing does in 0.8 seconds?

There are reasons that essentially every Stamina build on live is constantly pounding away on their Dizzying Swing key, but I only ever see Magicka Necromancers and Magicka Wardens using Vamp Drain. And even then it's pretty common to immediately self-interrupt, rather than going through the entire channel.

This.

What can (or should for it to be "legit non-overperforming" skill?) i use when on my magcro to use when against a good meta templar as an example? Fear Totem? Omegalul. They have their Bubble on and are very mobile, they will not stand on my weak Fear Totem. Because of the nerflings there are soon no more any choices to pick.. except all just play the same class with same meta setups.

Lets nerfffff everything yayyy! /s

I`m done with forums for the day. It just is sad and too many people want the pvp to die and also make pve bland and boring on the side as a collateral damage to fit on their personal view of balance. I wish ZOS now has a more clear path and the next big changes happens all at once to all classes and other skill lines to avoid the band-aid solutions that would not even need if all was done at once and not many big changes back and forth several times a year.

Let us focus on fun and playing, keep cool power fantasy options, end this nerfling madness and let us prosper together on a game where pvp people do not demand pve skills destroyed and same the other way also. Big changes should come at Chapters only, the word fatigue is a real feeling to describe current situation on people i know. Many guilds has felt it for sure. Many said its become boring to play. Making everything the same tends to do that... Please no more destroying skills and options.

The fun in this game comes from its almost endless options on building character, that freedom is what we like and not dead skills that are not anymore even worth slotting because someone on forum said it was "op".
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a monkey see, monkey do effect.

Some people watch Devs nerfing left and right, so they think nerfing is the way to go.

Anyway, it's a sad state of the game when you see people starting to ask for nerfs to 5+ years old skills that are only slotted out of despair : :#

Next on the forums: "whelp, melee skill X does +1 damage than ranged skill Y" It just never ends :'(
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP left out the fact that using this spell traps the caster into a lengthy channel, during which no other actions can be performed. The caster can block/bash cancel to abort the channel, but then he doesn't receive the full benefit of the heals and damage. If you cancel immediately like I do, all you get is 4K or 5K damage and a tiny little heal.

The fact that anybody is actually using this ridiculously clunky spell just goes to show how severely Magicka classes have been CRIPPLED by nerfs.

That's a nice way to say "please don't fix this broken ability because I want to abuse it as long as possible".
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

skills need to be broken down into a core competency -

high dmg spammable
    CC utility
    heal utility
    buff utility
    debuff utility

the issue occurs when a skill combines multiple of these things and becomes overloaded relative to their core competency class.

SA yielding high damage, plus a stun on off balance, plus major fracture was significantly overloaded compared to warden spammable cutting dive or DK whip or silver shard etc...

dizzy is a high damage borderline spammable that also combines a devastating CC. these overlaps aren't healthy because it makes these overloaded skills the defacto requirement on your bar.

the OP is stating that vamp drain is trending that way. and he isn't wrong. Vamp Drain is incredibly strong damage while ALSO creating a devastating stun.

that said - unlike dizzy or other stuns, nerfing drain will be hard since the stun is a channel that quasi stuns the caster as well since they are locked into the stun animation with victim while channeling. navigating changes to this skill will be difficult as this skill will be useless if it just stuns in the channel with no damage and if it only damaged with no stun the damage would be subpar to other more efficient moves.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so easy to wreck opponents using this skill.. Break free, bash and they're open to be bursted. Standing while casting a 3 second channel is literally suicide against a decent pk.