The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

5.2.3 Deadly Strike set.

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    yes. thus this is exactly in Live my fully buffed 23k DoT get far less than 15% buff when wearing Spriggan. [...]

Sure it works that way. In this case Deadly Strike got buffed from 14 to 20%, but because the base numbers are nerfed the set got actually weaker. So compared to sets which buff your direct damage, too (Hunding's Rage), and to procc sets (Red Mountain, Viper's Sting, Scavenging Demise).

Remember how I told how Deadly Strike buffs my Claw by 1445 on PTS? On almost the same build it buffs my Claw by 2730 on live, although its increase in percentage is lower than on PTS. The base numbers are so high, that Deadly Strike on live is stronger than on PTS. So in actual numbers adding to your dps Deadly Strike will be nerfed despite increasing the effect from 14 to 20%.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it looks like they want us to use the new stonefist spammable in our rotation.

I am so god damn over them turning this game on its head every patch. 20% wont be enough to make it contend I dont think...

So just like more sorc play style they are about to ruin my stam dk play style...I dont know. Im running out of options of what I enjoy playing.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    yes. thus this is exactly in Live my fully buffed 23k DoT get far less than 15% buff when wearing Spriggan. [...]

Sure it works that way. In this case Deadly Strike got buffed from 14 to 20%, but because the base numbers are nerfed the set got actually weaker. So compared to sets which buff your direct damage, too (Hunding's Rage), and to procc sets (Red Mountain, Viper's Sting, Scavenging Demise).

Remember how I told how Deadly Strike buffs my Claw by 1445 on PTS? On almost the same build it buffs my Claw by 2730 on live, although its increase in percentage is lower than on PTS. The base numbers are so high, that Deadly Strike on live is stronger than on PTS. So in actual numbers adding to your dps Deadly Strike will be nerfed despite increasing the effect from 14 to 20%.

agree.

i think i'll go zero DoT, full on DPS while on heavy armor again.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber