The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

5.2.3 Deadly Strike set.

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
5-piece DoT bonus from 14% to 20%.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Great-Gatsby.gif
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    This with my stam DK. OMG. I LOVE YOU ZOS
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone giant really doesn’t seem so bad now with these other changes
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the set was very viable even before this buff, I would call this potentially overpowered for stamDk but they butchered how dots work with corrosive armor, so it should be probably fine.
  • Azirius
    Azirius
    ✭✭✭
    I’m actually really happy with this! I was hoping this set I just bought for two of my toons wasn’t gonna be a *massive* waste, fingers crossed it stays this way! :D
    PC EU
    Azirius Razorclaw - Dragonknight Stamina DPSAlaeneth - Nightblade Stamina DPSKal'Moora - Warden Stamina DPSAetheralia - Templar Stamina DPSThe Grieving King - Necromancer Stamina DPSOthorus - Sorcerer Stamina DPSIdamagaron - Sorcerer Magicka DPSNelienthia - Necromancer Magicka DPSGalvano - Templar Magicka DPSExalted Inferno - Dragonknight Magicka DPSGlacia Hailstrom - Warden Magicka DPSSomara'Ko - Nightblade Magicka DPS/TankLithiriu - Warden HealerYalithra Redoran - Dragonknight HealerTilerius - Templar TankJärnvargen - Dragonknight TankWinter Valkyrie - Warden TankMistress Demise - Necromancer Tank
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. I went ahead and deconned all of mine lol. Oh well.
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy about this. I have two characters wearing it now. Hoping that it paired with relequen/vMA flurry will still work for pve.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using it with Hundings on Live for a while now. I find it deals great damage. With it doing 6% more, I think my StamDK will survive this upcoming patch.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont worry, im sure those 500k daggers are gonna get way cheaper now ^^
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any sets that increase DoTs for magicka builds? While you will have to specifically build for it, stamina DoT builds seem endgame viable on PTS. Not sure about magicka DoT builds, though.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol I just deconned mine too I'm right there with ya bro.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Are there any sets that increase DoTs for magicka builds? While you will have to specifically build for it, stamina DoT builds seem endgame viable on PTS. Not sure about magicka DoT builds, though.

"Z'en's Redress set" is what you are referring to, but they haven't adjusted it back to 10%(as it was initially released on the last PTS cycle). Hope they will in the future.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, staple of my main StamDK too. my CP and combo is geared for burst in Cyro, but the set still carries my DoT....

now? it'll be noticeably a bigger deal.

oh, and with Agility set being buffed, my Master DW and Master Great Axe feels very comfortable.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArenGesus wrote: »
    Happy about this. I have two characters wearing it now. Hoping that it paired with relequen/vMA flurry will still work for pve.

i have 1 with relequen for PvE and can deal very VERY good damage, even if its all Impen trait lol
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"Z'en's Redress set" is what you are referring to, but they haven't adjusted it back to 10%(as it was initially released on the last PTS cycle). Hope they will in the future.

Cool. DoT builds are kind of fun. But my main is magicka, not stamina, and I am too lazy to start a new character. :p
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine too! I'm super excited about this
  • SHANKS_63
    SHANKS_63
    ✭✭
    I have been using mine with rele on a stamsorc with great results on live. I was very happy to see this little buff! I plan to get a set for my Stamdk now.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, Magicka builds can’t have nice things. Can I offer you a 20% boost to something worse than DoTs?

61174-C6-A-E6-C6-4-E77-A98-D-95908-C109-E03.jpg
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 8, 2019 6:27AM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, that Deadly Strike does not buff your tool tip, it buffs your base damage without Thaumaturge. So with highly nerfed dots even with the buffed percentage on Deadly Strike, the increase in dot damage might still be lower because the base damage of dots got reduced by so much!

Actually on Stam DK I am parsing right now higher when I use Viper's Sting instead of Deadly Strike (on 6M dummy, I guess on the raid dummy DS would get the upper hand because of increased crits).

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, that Deadly Strike does not buff your tool tip, it buffs your base damage without Thaumaturge. So with highly nerfed dots even with the buffed percentage on Deadly Strike, the increase in dot damage might still be lower because the base damage of dots got reduced by so much!

Actually on Stam DK I am parsing right now higher when I use Viper's Sting instead of Deadly Strike (on 6M dummy, I guess on the raid dummy DS would get the upper hand because of increased crits).

i'm pretty sure my Carve and Nox Breath tooltip is a lot higher when Deadly Strike is up.

that being said, yes, DoT might still be lower anyway, BUT Deadly Strike 5% increase does make a difference.

i wish i have Viper Sting to test tho lol
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PTS you can get Viper's Sting out of the container ;).

I guess it depends on rotation, probably I just haven't found the optimal Deadly Strikes rotation yet. On the 6M dummy I am parsing at around ~42k.

My main issue is sustain though and I guess next patch I'll just run Vicious Ophidian for convenience anyway.
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭

dont worry, im sure those 500k daggers are gonna get way cheaper now ^^

Ideally you wouldn’t want to front bar the set anyway so they may not be as bad as you think.

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh i dont know which parse higher, but im pretty sure Deadly Strike bumps my tooltip. wrong. see next post.

I can swap from 5x Spriggan to 5x DS med armor and my green claw bumps from 19k to 23k.
    Edited by Davadin on October 12, 2019 2:16PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    oh i dont know which parse higher, but im pretty sure Deadly Strike bumps my tooltip.

I can swap from 5x Spriggan to 5x DS med armor and my green claw bumps from 19k to 23k.

ok i'm wrong. just tested again in live.

Sprig (2x stam 1x damage) my claw is 5214 with 23142 DoT
    DS (2x damage 1x crit) claw is 5128 with 24954 DoT.

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mean Deadly Strike doesn't show on your tooltip. I meant that Deadly Strike doesn't buff the value from your tooltip, but a lower value you can't actually see. However, maybe they changed how the calculation is done. I have tested this matter only on PTS. So on PTS your tooltip increases - but it does not increase by 20%, but far less!

1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PTS:

No CP in Mighty, Thaumaturge, Master-at-arms, no Searing Heat:

Claw: 7225 tooltip
    With Deadly Strike: 8670

This is an actual increase by 20% or 1445 damage

Now I put 43 points in Mighty, giving 10% increase to poison damage.

Claw: 7945
    With Deadly Strike: 9390

This is an increase by ~18% or 1445 damage.

Now I put 56 points into Thaumaturge for a 20% increase to dot damage.

Claw: 9390
    With Deadly Strike: 10835

This is an increase by ~15% or 1445 damage.

So whatever my tooltip shows due to CP into Thaumaturge and Mighty, I'll only get +1445 damage on the tooltip. This behaves strangely with the increased duration from Searing Heat and I realized Noxious Breath might have been the better example, but I don't want to go through it again.

The comparison with Spriggan's is especially interesting. If you want to go for like 4.5k Pen and 20% dot increase, using Deadly Strike would give you an advantage of like 5 CP over Spriggan's. You could just use Spriggan's, put your spare points you don't need to put into Pen into Thaumaturge and be done with it. It's not much of a difference.
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who profits the most from deadly? DK for sure, maybe templar... maybe necro...necro gets a nice double tap with the passive but blastbones and the skull kinda dont profit...
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PTS:

So whatever my tooltip shows due to CP into Thaumaturge and Mighty, I'll only get +1445 damage on the tooltip. This behaves strangely with the increased duration from Searing Heat and I realized Noxious Breath might have been the better example, but I don't want to go through it again.

The comparison with Spriggan's is especially interesting. If you want to go for like 4.5k Pen and 20% dot increase, using Deadly Strike would give you an advantage of like 5 CP over Spriggan's. You could just use Spriggan's, put your spare points you don't need to put into Pen into Thaumaturge and be done with it. It's not much of a difference.

Most % buffs work like this. You add all of the % bonuses together and then multiply by the base damage. It would be more accurate if the tool tip said “increases your damage done multiplier by 20 percentage points for physical, bleed, poison and disease damage over time abilities”.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    On PTS:

Most % buffs work like this. You add all of the % bonuses together and then multiply by the base damage. It would be more accurate if the tool tip said “increases your damage done multiplier by 20 percentage points for physical, bleed, poison and disease damage over time abilities”.

yes. thus this is exactly in Live my fully buffed 23k DoT get far less than 15% buff when wearing Spriggan.

after multiple tests in Live, my overall DPS using same rotation actually about 10% higher with Spriggan on a 3m dummy.

PvP wise, if pts goes live as is with DoT nerf, I'm taking all points from Thaumturge and put them in master arms or mighty lol... and wear 7th legion heavy armor with Onslaught and be done with it lol...

PvE, I'll have to test it again when it's live. i think it's still better than Spriggan since on trial/dungeon group content u don't want to overpenetrate.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    On PTS:

i think it makes sense this way...otherwise youd have huge issues with scaling
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope, Magicka builds can’t have nice things. Can I offer you a 20% boost to something worse than DoTs?

61174-C6-A-E6-C6-4-E77-A98-D-95908-C109-E03.jpg

This Set has never been bad. I think it was BiS in the old Overloadmeta with the juwelry from Light of Cyrodil (which was changed later), before we got willpower set. And it still work...
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on October 13, 2019 7:17AM
    Love my Stamsorc