The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes 5.2.3 Proposal

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pharlex wrote: »
    Alucu wrote: »
    grannas211 wrote: »
    So if you had 6 Necros you just wouldn’t be able to cast the ultimate? Didn’t read most of it but you had that bolded.

You could certainly use it, but not get major vulnerability from it.

That would not be a good change.

Care to elaborate?

Its pretty obvious why its not a good idea.

Basically you arent allowed to have more than 1 necro if you want full effect screwing over anyone who wants to play their main dd if they run necro main dd, also what if someone wants to run necro healer or tank or maybe both, they wouldnt be using the flesh collosus ult they would be running horn to buff the group that way but would add the detriment, also this would be screwing over 1 class in particular where as any other class there is no detriment to running multiple of the same class sure you might not get a full bonus from having multiple classes but at least you wouldnt be screwed over even more as you would with necros. Need more details why this idea is not a good idea?

Was going to respond,but this pretty much covers it.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer

Daedric Summoning

· Summon Unstable Clannfear (morph): Decreased the cost of the special activate to 3500, down from 4500. And now it costs stamina to activate, the reduction works in line with the cheaper cost of stamina-based abilities

As a Sorc tank , this is terrible .
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Igneous Weapons: dont decrease the duration and length. i want this to replace Forward Momentum.

It already has over double the duration of Forward Momentum, with these new changes, while also providing Minor Brutality and just under 1k stam on cast. Reducing to 32 seconds (36 with Eternal Mountains passive) leaves it still having 16 seconds longer on the duration, in addition to the Minor Brutality and 1k stam, and the Minor Heroism which is damage and sustain on DK. It was already comparable to Forward Momentum, features-wise (only problem was the obscenely high cost), this honestly makes it an actual alternative, if you can afford the 4.3k mag every 36 seconds.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam whip should be poison damage convert seething fury to stack off casting whip as dk should not be recasting dots to buff their spammable. Igneous weapons should grant buff to light attacks or increase the attack speed of light attacks or even heavy attacks.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    Igneous Weapons: dont decrease the duration and length. i want this to replace Forward Momentum.

It already has over double the duration of Forward Momentum, with these new changes, while also providing Minor Brutality and just under 1k stam on cast. Reducing to 32 seconds (36 with Eternal Mountains passive) leaves it still having 16 seconds longer on the duration, in addition to the Minor Brutality and 1k stam, and the Minor Heroism which is damage and sustain on DK. It was already comparable to Forward Momentum, features-wise (only problem was the obscenely high cost), this honestly makes it an actual alternative, if you can afford the 4.3k mag every 36 seconds.

what?

bottom line, i dont see any reason to nerf the duration and length. keep that to Live server and it'll replace FM on my bar.

but if it's nerf, i'll think twice about it.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Sorcerer

Daedric Summoning

· Summon Unstable Clannfear (morph): Decreased the cost of the special activate to 3500, down from 4500. And now it costs stamina to activate, the reduction works in line with the cheaper cost of stamina-based abilities

Yeah. Not the best to go through block. Im aware. However, sorcerer have access to bound armaments, dark deal and balance/spell simmetry at the same time, allowing for a very unique ressource management with some strategic awareness and gameplay. The change is intended to allow for better sustain for stamina dps rotations along with the use of daedric pray and even soul trap. In that scenario the use of dark conversion for stamina based damage dealers makes them rennounce to damage output time opportunities in favour of the time they would need to invest to regain their magicka back and certainly not obtainable via heavy attacks
    Edited by Alucu on October 4, 2019 8:14AM
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer

Daedric Summoning

Storm Calling

· Lightning Splash: Increased the damage per tick by approximately 10%.

And even here stamsorc gets low to none attention. First of all, as was said, clannfear is a tank pet and heal should remain cost magicka and scale of max hp. For dd to even consider slotting this pet it has to do more damage and scale not only of max stamina but of weapon damage as well. New bound armaments do mediocre damage at best and resemble nightblade`s grim focus way too much, so that need to be reworked as well. Air atronach was on a wish-list for quite a long time. New stamina options instead of morphs that is not used are desirable as well (like stam frag, etc.)
  • AuraoftheAzureSea
    AuraoftheAzureSea
    ✭✭✭
    rp0grpla8pjc.jpg

ok16dzv66yfh.png

· Blur:
    · Mirage (morph): This Morph now grants major expedition for 6 seconds, in line with the Elude-Shuffle Standard. It no longer grants minor resolve and minor ward. Each assassination skill slotted increases the duration by 1 second

Whew... had to remind myself this was fake for a second! I would be so pissed if they took away minor resolve/ward (or whatever the newfangled combination is). It stacks with the major resolve/ward we get from casting shadow abilities so that would be an awful change.

Path of darkness already gives major expedition and it can't stack, so you're basically giving us a useless buff and taking something away that actually helps/stacks for us, especially true for healer and nightblade tanks. I don't think I've ever run Mirage on my magblade (I'd rather do a shield) and my stamblade has access to blade cloak. I'd probably drop Mirage if they did this, when I actually slot it now on my tank and healer because of how it fits with my other skills/especially path of darkness which I always, always run on my healer and tank.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »
    Hey I like the idea of seething fury on power lash so that I can spin whip while I spin whip, even if it’s just for the memes.

Hell yea
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just what nightblade tanks need, a nerf to mirage. Like nightblade tanking wasn't already hard enough as is.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Srsly just bring the DoT damage back to U22, no more no less. Remove the DoT from Entropy and morph and reduce Soul trap DoT. Strong ranged DoTs are killing solo and small scale PvP and allow potatoes to get easy IR achievments.

Scythe is also in a good spot right now, it shouldn't be much stronger, it applies AOE off balance after all...
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Srsly just bring the DoT damage back to U22, no more no less. Remove the DoT from Entropy and morph and reduce Soul trap DoT. Strong ranged DoTs are killing solo and small scale PvP and allow potatoes to get easy IR achievments.

Scythe is also in a good spot right now, it shouldn't be much stronger, it applies AOE off balance after all...

Like what? I''ve never killed someone with cripple + entropy solely.
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭

Dragonknight

Ardent Flame

· Lava Whip: The base skill now grants seething fury passive. If you strike an enemy that is immobile or stunned, you set them Off Balance. While slotted, whenever you activate a different Ardent Flame ability, you gain a stack of Seething Fury, which increases the damage of your next Lava Whip by 33% and your Weapon and Spell Damage by 75 for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times.
    · Flame Lash (morph): Targetting an off balance enemy grants you a more powerful attack that deals increased damage and heals you over 2 seconds, this effect can occur once every 6 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
    · Molten Whip (morph): Renamed this morph to Furious Whip. This morph now scales off your maximum stamina and weapon damage and deals physical damage, Each time you strike an enemy with Furious Whip you reduce its damage done by 1,5%, up to a maximum of 5%.

Honestly, I would love this as a magDK main, but Flame Lash would be fairly overloaded. Both Molten Whip and Flame Lash provide similar value, and putting them both into one is fairly substantial, even with Flame Lash only proc'ing every 6 seconds. There's plenty of times where I can get 2 Power Lashes off against a single player, but it's not every single time, and in the last few patches where you could only get it once per Off Balance wasn't a major detriment I found. Making the skill function as both a burst and a proc based heal is probably a little too much.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer

Daedric Summoning

Yeah. Not the best to go through block. Im aware. However, sorcerer have access to bound armaments, dark deal and balance/spell simmetry at the same time, allowing for a very unique ressource management with some strategic awareness and gameplay. The change is intended to allow for better sustain for stamina dps rotations along with the use of daedric pray and even soul trap. In that scenario the use of dark conversion for stamina based damage dealers makes them rennounce to damage output time opportunities in favour of the time they would need to invest to regain their magicka back and certainly not obtainable via heavy attacks

I'm not sure if this is meant to apply to PvP or PvE but Dark Deal is a DPS loss for stamsorc in their rotations and could result in death in some cases. Not only that but because it scales off of max Health, it won't be providing the greatest amount of healing for the cost. I understand using the primary resource statistic would seem optimal but the off stat is better in that regard like for the use of Critical Surge and well, Dark Deal too (though not necessarily for the heal).
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All cost increases reverted would be good.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would a templar use your javelin morph? i definitely dislike the current iteration of javelin but atleast it serves a purpose for such untenable cost. I just feel that lowering crit is not that important in really most situations.

Second i disagree with your suggestions with entropy. Major sorcery is the only reason to slot the skill to begin with and should be part of base skill. In comparison to foward momentum/rally your suggestions are drastically inferior.
    Entropy and morphs cannot be pre buffed soo damage component is the tradeoff but the damage doesnt need to be as powerful as it currently is. 1 morph healing component other morph sustain component.
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Why would a templar use your javelin morph? i definitely dislike the current iteration of javelin but atleast it serves a purpose for such untenable cost. I just feel that lowering crit is not that important in really most situations.

Second i disagree with your suggestions with entropy. Major sorcery is the only reason to slot the skill to begin with and should be part of base skill. In comparison to foward momentum/rally your suggestions are drastically inferior.
    Entropy and morphs cannot be pre buffed soo damage component is the tradeoff but the damage doesnt need to be as powerful as it currently is. 1 morph healing component other morph sustain component.

Initially empower was considered but it's already on the templar kit everywhere and also in mages guild skills, and could be a problem for Stamina templars using empowering sweep, also major fracture/breach was also discarded because of that. Minor enervation is not a heavy effect like uncertainty or cowardice and makes for a less bursty option and more defensive crowd control while toppling charge off balance would remain as the offensive option. Minor Lifesteal or Minor maim could be also an option

As for entropy, is not purely a major sorcery skill. It has a damage over time and not every class has access to empower in its kit and entropy enables that, the ressource utility is intended to help magicka characters in their PvE rotations due to the cost increases in aoe damage over time abilities. PvE rotations make a extended use of major sorcery/major prophecy potions and the lack of major sorcery is not an issue for them since they already have access to it, but the magicka strain in their rotations with the new costs would be helped this way. Esentially, one morph enables major sorcery for pvp sncenarios and the other ressource gain for pve rotations.
    Banana wrote: »
    All cost increases reverted would be good.

One of the initial goals for them in U24 is that AoE abilities cost a significant bigger percentage per second than single target ones, so I dont think they will back down on that
    Celestro wrote: »
    Sorcerer

Daedric Summoning

I'm not sure if this is meant to apply to PvP or PvE but Dark Deal is a DPS loss for stamsorc in their rotations and could result in death in some cases. Not only that but because it scales off of max Health, it won't be providing the greatest amount of healing for the cost. I understand using the primary resource statistic would seem optimal but the off stat is better in that regard like for the use of Critical Surge and well, Dark Deal too (though not necessarily for the heal).

Precisely, you are right, will correct it in a minute. Clannfear doesnt need proactive activation to make it work in a rotation the way it scales now after all
    Somewhere wrote: »

Dragonknight

Ardent Flame

· Lava Whip: The base skill now grants seething fury passive. If you strike an enemy that is immobile or stunned, you set them Off Balance. While slotted, whenever you activate a different Ardent Flame ability, you gain a stack of Seething Fury, which increases the damage of your next Lava Whip by 33% and your Weapon and Spell Damage by 75 for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times.
    · Flame Lash (morph): Targetting an off balance enemy grants you a more powerful attack that deals increased damage and heals you over 2 seconds, this effect can occur once every 6 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
    · Molten Whip (morph): Renamed this morph to Furious Whip. This morph now scales off your maximum stamina and weapon damage and deals physical damage, Each time you strike an enemy with Furious Whip you reduce its damage done by 1,5%, up to a maximum of 5%.

Honestly, I would love this as a magDK main, but Flame Lash would be fairly overloaded. Both Molten Whip and Flame Lash provide similar value, and putting them both into one is fairly substantial, even with Flame Lash only proc'ing every 6 seconds. There's plenty of times where I can get 2 Power Lashes off against a single player, but it's not every single time, and in the last few patches where you could only get it once per Off Balance wasn't a major detriment I found. Making the skill function as both a burst and a proc based heal is probably a little too much.

Yes, the idea was to not damage magicka dragonknights options with the introduction of Furious whip. But I also think 6 second cooldown is not enough to balance it down. What do you think is better? A larger cooldown? Reduced damage or reduced healing? Im inclined towards burst since it would have access to seething fury
    Marginis wrote: »
    Just what nightblade tanks need, a nerf to mirage. Like nightblade tanking wasn't already hard enough as is.

How much of an impact makes that minor resolve/ward for example tanking Z'maja or the breath of say, nahvintaas or yolnahkriin hard modes. Not passive aggressive, I honestly want to take into account if that makes that much of an impact for tank scenarios. Because introducing that functionality could be possible for the base skill. Mirage can be cast while on stealth while path of darkness can't, and that would allow better PvP options for nightblades
    Edited by Alucu on October 5, 2019 12:10PM

• tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    All that work for nothing.. lmao...
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    tthhyyss wrote: »

Yes, I know for a fact they value way more the actual data from pts testing rather than gut feeling or experience/insight. But still I thought it might very well worth a try, no harm in trying, if anything it can give other players their own ideas. By the way. Anyone knows if you can install pts in a different partition than the live game? So I can have them separate and not crowding the same partition, its 160 gb both of them after all and makes my pc go way slower

• tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    tthhyyss wrote: »

Yes, I know for a fact they value way more the actual data from pts testing rather than gut feeling or experience/insight. But still I thought it might very well worth a try, no harm in trying, if anything it can give other players their own ideas. By the way. Anyone knows if you can install pts in a different partition than the live game? So I can have them separate and not crowding the same partition, its 160 gb both of them after all and makes my pc go way slower

Its the worse direction they took ever. after 5 years of playing i unsubbed few days ago and quit... And a lot allready did or will also.. They completly lost it in my eyes and it ain't gonna get better... players ideas are way better then theirs... and they havent even touched cp system ....yet...(wich they will also ruin) i'm out..save your hard work for ones who deserve it.
    Edited by tthhyyss on October 6, 2019 11:44AM
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »

Dragonknight

Ardent Flame

Yes, the idea was to not damage magicka dragonknights options with the introduction of Furious whip. But I also think 6 second cooldown is not enough to balance it down. What do you think is better? A larger cooldown? Reduced damage or reduced healing? Im inclined towards burst since it would have access to seething fury

I think the problem is that the skill would seem to function more as two separate skills in one: old power lash proc with seething fury mechanics still in play. If seething fury mechanics were part of the base skill I would say the proc condition should play into this. Eg. instead of proc'ing a slightly stronger attack with a big heal, perhaps the proc simply grants you a max stack of stack of seething fury. This is simply an example, but along the lines that I was thinking of.
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    @alucu you forgot the housing section that says “added 100 southern elswyr furnishings and recipes”
  • Frooke
    Frooke
    ✭✭✭
    It's obvious that you play as a MagDK
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    Frooke wrote: »
    It's obvious that you play as a MagDK

My main is a stamplar. But yeah, I do play Magicka dragonknight. Among other classes yes. Like, all of them, both stamina and magicka, both in hm trials and smallscale :smile:

Edited by Alucu on October 10, 2019 9:52PM