Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

5.2.2 Stone Fist

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most ugly thing in Stonefist at PTS for me is - it's slightly reworked but just a bad copy of necromancer's Venom Skull.
    Similar mechanics, which should force u spam it for those next effects...
    I don't say about it's efficiency. Maybe it will be good.

But general idea and ugly, very poor visual part make me dissapointed and angry.
    And I don't want it to be ranged skill... It should be Melee Punch with a Fist made from Stone.

It doesn't make since that it would be melee. Its called stonefist not stonef....

They most likely won't be changing it because its easy to change tooltips but not animations. They would probably only change the range but keep the animations.

Sucks, but I tried to argue against stonefist ever since I first saw that idea in a post... Its a ranged skill not in line with a straight melee class. Its like the old damage boost to the magwardens bird.... damage scales with a higher ranged but was stuck at mid range due to shalks..... IDK just insanity.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on October 2, 2019 9:27PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stacks seem to be a pve thing were you have like 10 different dmg effects per player before the number starts to add up.

Can the extra dmg crit?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stacks seem to be a pve thing were you have like 10 different dmg effects per player before the number starts to add up.

Can the extra dmg crit?

The damage is overtaken by the return damage of volatile armor.... Didn't know that volatile armor returned damage? exactly.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is the damage buff with full stacks max? 90 at 2 stacks?

Looks like a tank buff to me, build 2 stacks and leave it. 90 extra damage for everyone attacking the target.

Does it increase dot ticks? Either way, in a trial 10 people hitting the target twice per second means 2k free dps min. The patch notes say it effects everything so I bet it effects dots too and there’s potential for that amount to increase with damage modifiers, stats and crit.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 2, 2019 11:21PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does a stam class have a ranged spammable that is super gimmicky? Plus it looks stupid as hell. I award Zos zero points and have mercy on all you stam dk’s souls.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Looks like a tank buff to me, build 2 stacks and leave it. 90 extra damage for everyone attacking the target.

Does it increase dot ticks? Either way, in a trial 10 people hitting the target twice per second means 2k free dps min. The patch notes say it effects everything so I bet it effects dots too and there’s potential for that amount to increase with damage modifiers, stats and crit.

All dmg (including DD, DoTs, Procs, etcs) are affected.

The only problem is the animation (maybe its range), but as a skill it offers interesting options. It procs 3 passives in the earthen heart skill line: Stam recovery, ulti generation and minor brutality, which are easily the 3 best passives for a DD sDK

Maybe it should be treated as a melee skill, but I don't think it's a great option. It seems to work decently after applying a DoT, when the enemy is running away.

Stam whip? Sorry, I don't like it. Whip is a bad spammable, but is the only option mDK has. The passives that affect whip are meh... dice play to get combustion, that weak snare. Cost reduction is the only interesting passive, though ZoS will make whip cost the same as other stam spammables WITH the cost reduction.

It's ugly but it works. Whip is beautiful but it doesn't do anything. Compared with Jabs, SA, Strife and even Dive it brings nothing to the table
    Edited by Xvorg on October 2, 2019 11:43PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need to turn it into a melee skill new animation and a different effect the stun is a bad idea just giving people free cc immunity
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Visual issues aside, the 3-stack stun is a bad idea. More than anything, that will be what keeps me from using it in PVP. I think that more often than not, I'll just end up giving enemies CC immunity when I don't really want to, hence making it difficult to land my combo. Would rather just use the new dizzy + turn evil so that I have more control over what my abilities do and when.

If we absolutely must have yet another stacking mechanic, make it do something besides stun. Minor fracture + a snare? Or even just immobilization would be better than a stun.

this.

why stun? we already have Fossilize on the same skill tree. i'd rather go off-balance or snare, no stacking required. Immobilization would be even better if we're going to keep the stack to 3.

Or even a stacking debuff increasing damage dealt to that target up to 8% (equivalent to Minor Vulnerability).
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Why does a stam class have a ranged spammable that is super gimmicky? Plus it looks stupid as hell. I award Zos zero points and have mercy on all you stam dk’s souls.

It didn't work with wardens, didn't work with necros, now Its our turn to suffer it seems. I don't understand the mindset either. (best case scenario it was a placeholder, worst case scenario is them being serious about it) At least warden and necro can perform decent from range but sDK has to go in melee range anyways to apply their class dots.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 3, 2019 1:29AM
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

The only problem is the animation (maybe its range), but as a skill it offers interesting options. It procs 3 passives in the earthen heart skill line: Stam recovery, ulti generation and minor brutality, which are easily the 3 best passives for a DD sDK

Maybe it should be treated as a melee skill, but I don't think it's a great option. It seems to work decently after applying a DoT, when the enemy is running away.

Stam whip? Sorry, I don't like it. Whip is a bad spammable, but is the only option mDK has. The passives that affect whip are meh... dice play to get combustion, that weak snare. Cost reduction is the only interesting passive, though ZoS will make whip cost the same as other stam spammables WITH the cost reduction.

It's ugly but it works. Whip is beautiful but it doesn't do anything. Compared with Jabs, SA, Strife and even Dive it brings nothing to the table

Whip itself is not magic thing.
    Flame whip yep. and i love how it looks in eso. One of the core skills for magdks identity.

By the logic same as Fire Breath can be Noxious Breath it can have poison morf.
    But, idk, it's late now, they work at "pebble"fist anyway
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Flame whip yep. and i love how it looks in eso. One of the core skills for magdks identity.

I think you are not considering what implies to spam whip vs other class spammable.

For example, spamming Veiled strike (both morphs) gives you major ward and resolve and slotting it increases your health a 3%. That's not a game breaking feature, but if compared to whip (even a theoretical version of stam whip) it's like heaven and hell.

Whip currently gives you magicka back only if it proc the burning status. That is randomly done and with searing strike now granting it, its a lost of passives. Better you stick with SS
    By hitting an enemy with an Ardent Lame skill you snare it a 30% for 3 secs. That passive could be useful unless your enemy is wearing Barkskin, case in which the passive becomes a drawback. I'm quite sure no other passive in the game does something similar (benefit the enemy under certain conditions).

Now, if you pair whip and their effects, with jabs and their effects... I mean, minor protection? Extra crit dmg just by slotting it? A damage proc in burning light? And that's the healer class.

Whip is bad. It was nice when flame lash wasn't dodgeable and it didn't have a CD and lash was for free. Now is just a weak version of veiled strike, with the hardest mechanic to proc lash. Molten could have filled the gap of a decent DK spammable, but its mechanics and the way you were forced to slot it to get a benefit made it not quite reliable. Not to mention the nerf it got.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    The damage buff component is too low. Its not even weapon damage. Just static damage. It should at least be at 75 (similar to Molten Whip passive).

It can't be much higher or it would be ridiculously OP in PvE.

+135 damage on every tick of damage taken by a PvE enemy. Take a raid boss, you've got maybe ... 100 separate damage ticks occurring per second? Maybe more, not quite sure. That's +13,500 group DPS at the current value. Pretty strong as-is. Definitely seems like a PvE focused skill to force a stamDK in groups.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get it’s a perfect skill for pve tanks but in PvP it’s utter trash.

It doesn’t benefit anyone for the stagger to matter and it’s affected by battle spirit.

The skill needs to be changed to a 5m true melee and do something else that involves poison dmg like the stam dk tool kit is meant for
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you are not considering what implies to spam whip vs other class spammable.

For example, spamming Veiled strike (both morphs) gives you major ward and resolve and slotting it increases your health a 3%. That's not a game breaking feature, but if compared to whip (even a theoretical version of stam whip) it's like heaven and hell.

Whip currently gives you magicka back only if it proc the burning status. That is randomly done and with searing strike now granting it, its a lost of passives. Better you stick with SS
    By hitting an enemy with an Ardent Lame skill you snare it a 30% for 3 secs. That passive could be useful unless your enemy is wearing Barkskin, case in which the passive becomes a drawback. I'm quite sure no other passive in the game does something similar (benefit the enemy under certain conditions).

Now, if you pair whip and their effects, with jabs and their effects... I mean, minor protection? Extra crit dmg just by slotting it? A damage proc in burning light? And that's the healer class.

Whip is bad. It was nice when flame lash wasn't dodgeable and it didn't have a CD and lash was for free. Now is just a weak version of veiled strike, with the hardest mechanic to proc lash. Molten could have filled the gap of a decent DK spammable, but its mechanics and the way you were forced to slot it to get a benefit made it not quite reliable. Not to mention the nerf it got.

I considered it.
    And Earthen heart passives are much more interesting for stamdk.
    What i tryed to say, that general idea of stamina whip is not impossible and it can look very nice.
    With how Stonefist looks like, i'm very dissapointed of it's implementation.
    Ranged garbage with throwing pebbles into opponents :s
    Better to have no spammable at all
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on October 3, 2019 11:52AM
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I considered it.
    What i tryed to say, that general idea of stamina whip is not impossible and it can look very nice.

That's why I want a change on its amimation. A Falcon Punch type of attack would be quite cool, same as a Terry Bogard's Power Geyser (Fatal Fury/KoF). Eve PoEs Impale looks better than the rock.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »

It doesn’t benefit anyone for the stagger to matter and it’s affected by battle spirit.

The skill needs to be changed to a 5m true melee and do something else that involves poison dmg like the stam dk tool kit is meant for
    dude, i play CP Cyro 90% of my time, i even bring my PvP gear to do PvE content lol... I get you, I do...

but i like to remind u, we can't turn StoneFist to be a pure PvP skill only.

IMHO it's not utter trash for PvP (maybe just some empty recyclable plastic bottle).

the stun kinda sucks on CC immunity, but for MOST encounters, a stun is a stun is a stun. It helps. Especially for solo/small group players (who shouldn't use ONLY stonefist as their spammable no matter how good it becomes).
    i prefer off-balance TBH.

the damage of total 135 is affected by Battle Spirit, i don't like it, but honestly it's pretty good for PvE. So instead of upping it, it simply should NOT be affected by BSpirit.

funny u mention poison, and while i hate poison-theme, a DoT is probably not a bad idea. BUT it is an earth-based skill and we already have Venomous Claw. So probably a snare or immobilize would be nice.

hell, cherry on-top would be make it unblockable/undodgeable........

I considered it.

That's why I want a change on its amimation. A Falcon Punch type of attack would be quite cool, same as a Terry Bogard's Power Geyser (Fatal Fury/KoF). Eve PoEs Impale looks better than the rock.
    dude. totally agree. short burst, no projectile, 5m range, explosive animation.

i was playing last night testing things around and im killing stuff in sky-whatever the name in Craglorn where people grind by killing loads of mobs....

...and i felt, OMG, this *** is NUMB AS HELL... if only it would feel more like...... Dynasty Warrior... y'know, some physic ragdoll effect wouldn't hurt in this game..............

gif.gif
    Visual issues aside, the 3-stack stun is a bad idea. More than anything, that will be what keeps me from using it in PVP. I think that more often than not, I'll just end up giving enemies CC immunity when I don't really want to, hence making it difficult to land my combo. Would rather just use the new dizzy + turn evil so that I have more control over what my abilities do and when.

If we absolutely must have yet another stacking mechanic, make it do something besides stun. Minor fracture + a snare? Or even just immobilization would be better than a stun.

this.

why stun? we already have Fossilize on the same skill tree. i'd rather go off-balance or snare, no stacking required. Immobilization would be even better if we're going to keep the stack to 3.

Or even a stacking debuff increasing damage dealt to that target up to 8% (equivalent to Minor Vulnerability).

nah, i dunno.

what we have now is 135 dmg for all damage - including all sort of DoT, from ANYONE... that can be pretty fatal in a specific scenario; even though yes, 8% bonus damage for YOU (and only you) seems like a good idea too.

just want to make sure if they listen to this idea, that they tested properly that it won't get OP.....

yes yes i know it sounds ridicolous for this skill to be called OP, but it's actually not bad in 5.2.2...
    Edited by Davadin on October 3, 2019 3:28PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It was meant for stamDk not for tanks so what PvE tanks think about it is %100 irrelevant. If this is the sort of ability that DK tanks can utilize than it simply failed and has no reason to exist in its current state really.
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was meant for stamDk not for tanks so what PvE tanks think about it is %100 irrelevant. If this is the sort of ability that DK tanks can utilize than it simply failed and has no reason to exist in its current state really.

but it's coming along! ZOS said they'll do another pass! Soon... ish........
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we make burning embers ranged too because a magical claw should be, just saying.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

but it's coming along! ZOS said they'll do another pass! Soon... ish........

I simply don't have the patience and fail to keep a positive attitude since I have absolutely no clue what they have in mind , thankfully I can play the new re-releases of destiny 2/archeage unchained to keep my sanity in check because this whole PTS cycle was nothing but NIGTMARE FUEL for me.

PTS? Its more like PTSD really.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 3, 2019 6:46PM
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we make burning embers ranged too because a magical claw should be, just saying.

Its kinda funny that magDK is a ''ranged class'' with mostly melee abilities and stamDK is a melee class with now a ranged spammable.
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did some preliminary dummy parses and it is not bad compared to other spammables. With the helping hands passive the net cost is lower than Rapid Strikes and with the Stagger damage stacks and Minor Brutality the DPS is a bit higher overall. The ultimate regen is nice, but didn't make a big difference on a 6M dummy parse. Also nice was not having to wait for the Rapid Strikes channel to finish to drink potions.

My only complaint is that "Stagger" is a debuff, so if you have more than 1 Stamina DK in your group the benefit of it gets diminished. It would be nice if there was some extra player only buff or benefit, but that is minor given everything else it does.

The animation is actually not as bad as everyone makes it, it is basically a burning cinder with sparks coming off of it that splatters on the target and I thought the travel time was pretty good even at its max range (certainly faster than Dive).

Here is an obligatory meme for any other doubters:

3caw4w.jpg
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

The animation is actually not as bad as everyone makes it, it is basically a burning cinder with sparks coming off of it that splatters on the target and I thought the travel time was pretty good even at its max range (certainly faster than Dive).

3caw4w.jpg

i will not be satisfied until it's zero travel time - because it should not be a projectile, period.

instant.

like a fist.

a punch.

to the face.

bam.

in. yo. face. closeup.

EWfWFwS.gif?noredirect

no more poison-theme.
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

3caw4w.jpg

i will not be satisfied until it's zero travel time - because it should not be a projectile, period.

instant.

like a fist.

a punch.

to the face.

bam.

in. yo. face. closeup.

EWfWFwS.gif?noredirect

no more poison-theme.

Nah... ranged rock throw FTW.

tenor.gif?itemid=3786848
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

Its kinda funny that magDK is a ''ranged class'' with mostly melee abilities and stamDK is a melee class with now a ranged spammable.

Even funnier when medium armor rollerblades tell me mDK's abilities have to be expensive and preferably weak because of our low-risk ranged playstyle. :|
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't want a stun attached to my spammable. does anyone at zos pvp? i want to stun when i want to stun, not when i use a spammable ability. this is dumb.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler sketch how should look and work stamina Stonefist
    Stonefist.jpg
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler sketch how should look and work stamina Stonefist
    Stonefist.jpg

Eh, they could just make it a punch with a poison/explosion effect, really they don't need to go all-in on visuals.. It would be a lot easier to make a green- flame punch compared to making a hand go huge , or so I guess.

Wait a second.... I still expect it to do poison damage.. Also I still want to be able to falcon punch people.. :trollface:

Edit: I love the part of this sketch where he sheates the sword .d
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 6, 2019 8:48PM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i spent a couple hours last night on live server CP Cyrodiil since there's not enough battle in PTS Cyro, and I slot live version's magicka Stonefist (im stamDK)

y'know what.

I think I'm backpedalling a little bit.

keep the range, ZOS.

i don't need this to be melee. flying time included, it's quite satisfying playing ranged when its a zerg vs zerg. I retired my bow for a long time now I forgot how it feels playing NOT in yo face all the time, and learn how not to die every minute in a zerg.

I can use a range tool, and if that tool happens to stun people in middle of a hectic crazy fight, and I STILL have my arsenal of go toe-to-toe melee when i want to.... well, seems pretty fun.

maybe for PvE the flight time makes it a little awkward and i still cant weave it right in PTS against a dummy, but in open world PvP, range is a good option.

*bow*
    Options