Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

5.2.2 Stone Fist

Asgari
Asgari
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
While it was a valiant effort it came up extremely short. The skill does not synergize at all still with stam dk play style.

Also the whopping 45 added damage it does each stack is a affected by battle spirit.

The fact it does abysmal damage and takes 3 hits for a stun is nothing any decent PvP player will use.
Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
Princess Asgari | Sorc
Asgari | NB
-Asgari | Stamplar
Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
Banner Down!
No Mercy
Youtube: Asgari
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like people's issue with the skill isn't what it does but how it looks so nothing changed still feels like garbage to use and looks like trash
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nox, claw, fist, fist, fist, leap, executioner, I guess devs have something like this in mind.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs are completely missing the mark and will continue to try to push this but stamDKs don’t want a ranged spammable. Range stam is a meme plAystyle
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    The devs are completely missing the mark and will continue to try to push this but stamDKs don’t want a ranged spammable. Range stam is a meme plAystyle

We need troll polymorph for stamDK, I think.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch after patch I see DK getting nerfed and Zos giving them useless "improvements"
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They literally had the change to make it an actual fist that could have been a Stone covered in poison that does physical damage and does some cool secondary effect with poisons active.

But instead we get a super duper cool battle spirit affected dmg buff that isn’t 45 but 22.5 and they don’t do halves so it’s 22.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of stoked molten armernment will hit hard on Stam builds. I'll use stonefist as a supplemental damage after DS lands instead of a gap closer or as an opener with lethal arrow or heavy attack>PI>Stonefist swap crit charge

Does stonefist stun thru block? No one has mentioned it one way or another
    Edited by Lokey0024 on October 2, 2019 2:11AM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    I'm kind of stoked molten armernment will hit hard on Stam builds. I'll use stonefist as a supplemental damage after DS lands instead of a gap closer or as an opener with lethal arrow or heavy attack>PI>Stonefist swap crit charge

Does stonefist stun thru block? No one has mentioned it one way or another

No it does not
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still trying to push this ridiculous change into live... Stubborn af imo.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visual issues aside, the 3-stack stun is a bad idea. More than anything, that will be what keeps me from using it in PVP. I think that more often than not, I'll just end up giving enemies CC immunity when I don't really want to, hence making it difficult to land my combo. Would rather just use the new dizzy + turn evil so that I have more control over what my abilities do and when.

If we absolutely must have yet another stacking mechanic, make it do something besides stun. Minor fracture + a snare? Or even just immobilization would be better than a stun.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visual issues aside, the 3-stack stun is a bad idea. More than anything, that will be what keeps me from using it in PVP. I think that more often than not, I'll just end up giving enemies CC immunity when I don't really want to, hence making it difficult to land my combo. Would rather just use the new dizzy + turn evil so that I have more control over what my abilities do and when.

If we absolutely must have yet another stacking mechanic, make it do something besides stun. Minor fracture + a snare? Or even just immobilization would be better than a stun.

this.

why stun? we already have Fossilize on the same skill tree. i'd rather go off-balance or snare, no stacking required. Immobilization would be even better if we're going to keep the stack to 3.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • EpicPwnBacon
    EpicPwnBacon
    ✭✭
    Stonefist needs to be a 5 meter melee spammable, I would much rather punch with a fist of stone than lob some poop rock.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increased the damage taken per stack of Stagger with the Stone Giant morph to 45, up from 25, to offset (and slightly buff) the adjustments to the stacks. Please note that while this number may look small, it works with everything. Yes, everything. Like, all the damage.

thats from the notes.

i dont get it though. sorry im off sick i havent tried in PTS yet.

so I stack it 3x, theoritically i get 135 damage extra wep damage then? how exactly does this work? 135 extra damage from skills/abilities? from light/heavy attacks?
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Increased the damage taken per stack of Stagger with the Stone Giant morph to 45, up from 25, to offset (and slightly buff) the adjustments to the stacks. Please note that while this number may look small, it works with everything. Yes, everything. Like, all the damage.

thats from the notes.

so I stack it 3x, theoritically i get 135 damage extra wep damage then? how exactly does this work? 135 extra damage from skills/abilities? from light/heavy attacks?

My understanding is that all attacks the target takes (including from other players), will deal 135 extra damage points.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

thats from the notes.

I don’t think it’s weapon damage but haven’t been on PTS. In Rift there used to be an ability tanks would put on mobs that was really powerful (forgot the name) and it added a flat damage amount onto every attack that hit the mob.

I might have misread it but that’s how I read the ability. Every time the mob is hit by a direct damage attack they take +x damage. Get 12 people light weaving the same target and it’s a big amount of damage.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question @Asgari can you have multiple stone fist debuffs on someone at once? If theres 4 DKs in group running stonefist can you make it so they take the increased damage 4 times?
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stack up to 3 times regardless to the number of DK'S.
    Will work with every tick of damage(dot or direct).
    This not a buff for the caster but rather a debuff for the target, and it will work on all damage sources, not only your own.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This not a buff for the caster but rather a debuff for the target, and it will work on all damage sources, not only your own.

Okay so it isn't like curse or PoTL or something where you can have multiple debuffs on the target because I could imagine that being very broken. 8 DKs in a PVE raid all keeping up 135 damage and all running dot heavy builds, could easily have been like 50-60k dps increase for the group.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay so it isn't like curse or PoTL or something where you can have multiple debuffs on the target because I could imagine that being very broken. 8 DKs in a PVE raid all keeping up 135 damage and all running dot heavy builds, could easily have been like 50-60k dps increase for the group.

Nop, it will stack as one debuff.
    It is also true for the stun effect. If 3 DK's will use it on the same time frame, the target will get stunned.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

thats from the notes.

135 dmg on each attack, including dot ticks.

I don't think it's that bad. In fact it makes me want to build a dw stamDK again. The stun + ruffian seems quite strong + axe bleed, procs
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

thats from the notes.

135 dmg on each attack, including dot ticks.

I don't think it's that bad. In fact it makes me want to build a dw stamDK again. The stun + ruffian seems quite strong + axe bleed, procs

Oh, I forgot to test if DW sword increase the 45 points dmg too.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

thats from the notes.

Its technically not 135 dmg because the 3rd hit consumes the stack when you knock them down

its actually 45 /2 = 22.5 TOOL TIP dmg .. its not weapon dmg .. it increases how much dmg the skill does by 22.5 in PVP lol
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »

thats from the notes.

Its technically not 135 dmg because the 3rd hit consumes the stack when you knock them down
    see... this is my concern. 135 well never actually happen, and 90 will happen at 5 sec at most.

like, why can't the damage debuff stays extra long?

i say it should be 135 after stack of 3, then it'll last for 10 (or 20??) sec.
    its actually 45 /2 = 22.5 TOOL TIP dmg .. its not weapon dmg .. it increases how much dmg the skill does by 22.5 in PVP lol

yah that's another story for CP Cyrodiil.......
  • Machete
    Machete
    ✭✭✭
    Alright so, cool twist. Since Toxic Whip is off the table, let's negotiate. 5 years in now Stam DK is getting a spammable. Stone fist? Sure, why not. But make it melee and make it hit harder. Who cares about the stun and no one uses the heal of stone fist. Rework it, make it unique, give it identity. Nothing says "Brute" like giving a Rodney Cain beatdown with a fist made of obsidian. Food forth thought!

Lemon-Party

Monarch Wintervine, Stamina DK, AD
    Eiress Wintervine, Stamina Warden, AD
    Aelireed Auntumnvine, Stamina Necromancer, AD
    Sierena Hlaalu, Stamina Templar, AD
    Blou Springwillow, Stamina Sorc, AD
    Taliana Silverthorn, Stamina NB, AD
    Monarch Wíntervine, Stamina DK, EP
    Lily Hlaalu, Stamina NB, EP
    Tankito Fondlini, DK Tank, EP
    Evaii Spellborn, Magicka DK, AD
    Thellion Evaire, Magicka Warden, AD
    Weylenn Aenwee, Magicka Templar, AD
    Valianna Syn, Magicka Sorc, AD
    Aranyus Highren, Magicka NB, AD
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They had one job, and a very easy one at that. Make stamwhip and profit. Shouldn't have been that difficult to figure out.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

Not even a little excited about the current team's love affair with stacks of ______. Counting things adds no fun or value to combat. I don't feel satisfied when I get to the full stack of whatever, I just feel annoyed it's even a thing I have to know about. Give me a chance proc like crystal frag over making stacks any day of the week.

/minirant
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    see... this is my concern. 135 well never actually happen, and 90 will happen at 5 sec at most.

like, why can't the damage debuff stays extra long?

i say it should be 135 after stack of 3, then it'll last for 10 (or 20??) sec.

Stacks dont go away on stun immune target (like dummy) so I guess its intended use is after Fossilize increasing damage your dots do while stunned. Next fist right after CC immunity go away will stun target again.

But that's dummy, not sure how it works on players.
    Edited by robpr on October 2, 2019 8:32PM
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage buff component is too low. Its not even weapon damage. Just static damage. It should at least be at 75 (similar to Molten Whip passive).
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    The damage buff component is too low. Its not even weapon damage. Just static damage. It should at least be at 75 (similar to Molten Whip passive).

Would be better to just have it deal higher base damage without any of this stagger mechanic. I bet this will be used by the Dk tank rather than stamDKs in PvE. As for PvP the damage is way too small to be worth anything.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most ugly thing in Stonefist at PTS for me is - it's slightly reworked but just a bad copy of necromancer's Venom Skull.
    Similar mechanics, which should force u spam it for those next effects...
    I don't say about it's efficiency. Maybe it will be good.

But general idea and ugly, very poor visual part make me dissapointed and angry.
    And I don't want it to be ranged skill... It should be Melee Punch with a Fist made from Stone.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on October 2, 2019 8:57PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.