Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

October Daily Rewards

• chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the scamp! It reminds me of Tsaesci burial customs; they mummify their dead, and place a terrifying death mask on the wrapped body. I'll definitely be sticking this guy in my Tsaesci crypt!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grisly Banekin Mummy looks nasty cool, I just wished I could get it somehow, the whole month will be missed once again for me sadly.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the scamp! It reminds me of Tsaesci burial customs; they mummify their dead, and place a terrifying death mask on the wrapped body. I'll definitely be sticking this guy in my Tsaesci crypt!

its a banekin, not a scamp
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    aw_crwn_pets_grislybanekinmummy_1x1.jpg

I kinda like him, lol.

Me too. ^^

I just wish pets did something on this game other than look cool or cute. Would be nice if they added something to the gameplay.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoo boy, I know where I’ll be residing...

#DarkBrotherhoodNinjas
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    The pet is cool, and after previewing the tattoos I'm pretty excited for them since they give off a glow effect. Without that I don't think they would ever show up on vampires or most argonians so that was a nice surprise.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the pet is interesting. It looks like a Samurai warrior battle mask. Fierce. 👹
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Poor little guy, its a pet only a mummy could love ;)
    Master Craftsman!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banekin is a cutey, and the boby tat is nice.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will only play eso for 20 days this month.

You realize that you can play for all 31 days and refuse to accept the daily login reward on each of those days, right? All you have to do is exit out of the popup. Problem solved! Play as much as you want, but don't bother with any of the rewards.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice! Ugly mummy baby! I really liked that one from the datamine. =)
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it...good month...probably still prefer the mummy cat pet but still like it
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they'd hire somebody different to make the tattoos.
    They're almost always pretty bad. I don't want more bad tattoos in my game.

The mummy-thing looks kind of neat, though.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oooo, I will name him Vincent Price!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm Khajiit thinks he is not a pretty critter - even with a mask.

Perhaps the orc girl might like to keep him yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As he is short maybe Vincent Half-Price?
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    .............It's getting harder and harder for my immersion to hold itself together whenever I log in and see so many things like that Banekin walking around.

It's quite Japanese-oni looking. Although being small it might be more like a bakemono.

I'm thinking it's a temperature check to see if we can be nudged into accepting a full-on Japanese mythology zone. They already have Hakoshae clothing and Lucky Cat landing. Can maneki-neko be that far behind?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 1, 2019 7:47AM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm. The Dragon Body markings are, well, quite unfortunate. Still, the tat artist got quite an eyeful, didn't they?
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    Nice Pet, I love it already :)
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *equips tin-foil hat*

Is the 10 xp scrolls this month in preparation for the next patch and the nerfocalypse?

B)
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like getting the other stuff, every little helps, but the only really useful things are 7, 14 and 21. Not bad I guess, I mean I can give the mummy Bankin to one of my Necros, so thats worth it.
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Me too. ^^

I just wish pets did something on this game other than look cool or cute. Would be nice if they added something to the gameplay.

Yeah, maybe with upgrade from event tickets, at baselevel the banekin just screams in fury to other players when they pass by, next vomit green stuff on them, final stage bite someone
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else not noticing how weird the appearance markings look on certain characters? It has weird blocky lighter patches on both markings on my dunmer, vampire and non-vampire. It doesn't look good at all.

edit:

Posting some images so y'all can see what I'm talking about. The light blocky patches aren't even on both sides.
    https://imgur.com/a/EnBeMVS
    Edited by Kihamai on October 1, 2019 8:49AM
    pc na | trash tier
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they'd fix body markings/tattoos for vampires. Like them or not, I think a fair portion of players use vampires for the passives. Let me be clear, I'm not complaining that the vampire human looks like Igor in stage 4 with pus eyes, I'm not complaining that Lizards look like geckos and all cats are white. For the love of pete, all those beautiful designs and tattoos out there cannot be used on the vampire because the idiots at ZOS wash them out too. They are applied in the upper layer of the skin not in the blood stream. No corpse's tattoos fade. Please fix this or stop "rewarding" us with items that are desirable but nevertheless useless.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Love this little chap. He's definitely going to get used. Couldn't have come at a better time. He fits perfectly into a character story I'm writing :smiley:
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gronoxvx wrote: »
    *equips tin-foil hat*

Is the 10 xp scrolls this month in preparation for the next patch and the nerfocalypse?

B)

I like the experience scrolls; they'd cost a bit to make or buy. I like cash. Scalable food and tri-pots are nice while leveling.

The pet is horrible, but the period when everybody will have it out will be during the Witches Festival, when there's lots of hideous stuff around no matter what. I'll survive.

I don't use tattoos.

The value of all the log-in rewards to me, combined, probably matches the return from doing a day or two of crafting writs. And there are log-in screens either way.

::shrug::
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has an animation as if it stepped in a pile of sh*t and then examins it's foot...

It looks like a demon,clown,dwarf and mummy combined. WTF is this thing?

I have a feeling that "Wtf is that?" was wht they were going for with this. I like this one though, may run this wee bugger everywhere on my sorc.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I will only play eso for 20 days this month.

You realize that you can play for all 31 days and refuse to accept the daily login reward on each of those days, right? All you have to do is exit out of the popup. Problem solved! Play as much as you want, but don't bother with any of the rewards.

It pesters you all... day... long, though. It is easier to just give in.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just wish they'd fix body markings/tattoos for vampires. Like them or not, I think a fair portion of players use vampires for the passives. Let me be clear, I'm not complaining that the vampire human looks like Igor in stage 4 with pus eyes, I'm not complaining that Lizards look like geckos and all cats are white. For the love of pete, all those beautiful designs and tattoos out there cannot be used on the vampire because the idiots at ZOS wash them out too. They are applied in the upper layer of the skin not in the blood stream. No corpse's tattoos fade. Please fix this or stop "rewarding" us with items that are desirable but nevertheless useless.

I'd add being able to use scars and tattoos at the same time. It really rubs me the wrong way that I cannot use tattos or make up on my toons without removing their scars.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the tri-pot potions.

The correct way to handle this is to use a few quotes often and loudly in these threads

"I am sooo glad that they stopped giving us useless tri-pots, never use them have so many clogging my inven"

"Thank god they are giving us gold coast trapping poisons, I run out of them so fast."

See, they do look and listen to the forums, its just they use the info in ways we may not appreciate.

Oh yeah, my contribution

*cough* Glad to see the back of those repair kits, I mean who needs repair kits anyway???
    EU PS4