The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Dragonknight Class Identity and Counter Proposal for U24

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    SenpaiNFT wrote: »
    16% damage taken? Are you insane?

Asking for buffs is one thing, but asking for blatantly OP skills to be implemented is not going to buy you support nor is it going to turn heads form Devs.

If you want changes you have to propose actual logical and feasible changes, as soon as I read 16% damage taken I immediately chalked the entire post up as meme-worthy.

Meanwhile Its fine to nerf Dk dots by %60, triple the cost, give what they have (%100 pen from ultimate) to everyone else, and thats no problems though. No compensation needed whatsoever, because Dk is ''tanky'', right?

I hate to discourage you (because I do agree), but DK isn't the only class that got massive nerf hammer to their class dots and increased costs to unsustainable amounts. Templars Core Dots have been made into a joke. Shards at nearly 5K cost!!!!!!!!!
    Also, as a Templar main....we gave you Major Mending....by the way.

i'm willing to give away major mending if they can fix all of our other skills and passive.

Me too

Major mending on a DK makes little sense.

Was only referencing to make a point. However, IMO DoT's in general should not be nerfed. Period. They are fine as is. The only issue with DoT's currently is the ability to stack the same DoT from multiple players onto one player.
    If two people stack the same DoT (I'll use Entropy in this example) on one player then both Entropies should deal 50% less damage to that player. This way, both players will deal approximately 100% of the original tooltip damage to said enemy player. Diminishing returns is what would fix the use of DoT's.

In specific to DK's, Venomous Claw should become a spammable for Stam, removing the DoT effect and instead increase in damage under 25% Health as a class execute. Noxious should lose it's DoT component and become an AOE DD attack with Major Fracture. Whip should remain as Magicka spammable ST and Burning Embers and Engulfing Flames should remain as DoT's with no upfront Damage with Heal on Damage and Major Breach respectively.

Your suggestions are OK, but there's one component that fails: if those skills (claw and noxious) are made DD single and AoE, then to make them work, DK should have some kind of mobility tool. That's the reason why DKs skills are DoTs.

And that implies a total redesign of the class.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In specific to DK's, Venomous Claw should become a spammable for Stam, removing the DoT effect and instead increase in damage under 25% Health as a class execute. Noxious should lose it's DoT component and become an AOE DD attack with Major Fracture. Whip should remain as Magicka spammable ST and Burning Embers and Engulfing Flames should remain as DoT's with no upfront Damage with Heal on Damage and Major Breach respectively.

yes.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main issue with this patch is that they treated all dots as bad and nerfed everyone's dots. It felt like the previous patch was a trap to get more people to run dots and ZOS said "Gotcha!!".

I'm concerned that as players begin to flock towards more burst damage skills, the devs will think "Hmm. Direct damage seems to be becoming popular..."
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Asking for buffs is one thing, but asking for blatantly OP skills to be implemented is not going to buy you support nor is it going to turn heads form Devs.

If you want changes you have to propose actual logical and feasible changes, as soon as I read 16% damage taken I immediately chalked the entire post up as meme-worthy.

Meanwhile Its fine to nerf Dk dots by %60, triple the cost, give what they have (%100 pen from ultimate) to everyone else, and thats no problems though. No compensation needed whatsoever, because Dk is ''tanky'', right?

I hate to discourage you (because I do agree), but DK isn't the only class that got massive nerf hammer to their class dots and increased costs to unsustainable amounts. Templars Core Dots have been made into a joke. Shards at nearly 5K cost!!!!!!!!!

i'm willing to give away major mending if they can fix all of our other skills and passive.

Me too

Was only referencing to make a point. However, IMO DoT's in general should not be nerfed. Period. They are fine as is. The only issue with DoT's currently is the ability to stack the same DoT from multiple players onto one player.
    If two people stack the same DoT (I'll use Entropy in this example) on one player then both Entropies should deal 50% less damage to that player. This way, both players will deal approximately 100% of the original tooltip damage to said enemy player. Diminishing returns is what would fix the use of DoT's.

Your suggestions are OK, but there's one component that fails: if those skills (claw and noxious) are made DD single and AoE, then to make them work, DK should have some kind of mobility tool. That's the reason why DKs skills are DoTs.

DK's have chains for mobility, or can get them from Speed Pots, Quick Cloak (pair with BRP DW you get Major Protection + Major Mending from Igneous...nuff said), Race Against Time, Rapids...

Trust me, I main a Templar and the mobility factor is a bigger issue than DK's have. We're not only missing class source of Brutality/Sorcery, but also massive mobility issues. We have too many unneeded snares that are redundant.
    Stam DK is one of my hardest opponents to fight as a Stamplar because of a few reasons:
    Great defense inherently on DK = Tankability.
    Major Mending which gives insane Healing power to go from 5% to 100% in under 1sec if paired with Green DB or Rally.
    You get snares also while applying Draconic? Right? Or is is other tree.
    Great Burst Potential do to class access to M. Fracture and ability to stack HA DPS sets.
    All while I am noticing both Mag and Stam able to keep up expedition and be faster than most classes.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Me too

DK's have chains for mobility, or can get them from Speed Pots, Quick Cloak (pair with BRP DW you get Major Protection + Major Mending from Igneous...nuff said), Race Against Time, Rapids...

Trust me, I main a Templar and the mobility factor is a bigger issue than DK's have. We're not only missing class source of Brutality/Sorcery, but also massive mobility issues. We have too many unneeded snares that are redundant.
    Stam DK is one of my hardest opponents to fight as a Stamplar because of a few reasons:
    Major Mending which gives insane Healing power to go from 5% to 100% in under 1sec if paired with Green DB or Rally.
    Great Burst Potential do to class access to M. Fracture and ability to stack HA DPS sets.
    All while I am noticing both Mag and Stam able to keep up expedition and be faster than most classes.

Sorry, but chains is the worst mobility tool. No DK uses chains for mobility since the buff is not on demand, and it is attached to a pull/gap closer. It is OK for chasing enemies though, but for getting away from a dangerous situation it doesn't help. Regarding the other options, Quick cloak forces you to run DW (DW Dks are not good enough) and RAT is the skill I'm betting it will be nerf next week.

I understand the logic why DKs being a DoT based class have no mobility and I agree: hit and run classes are very annoying. So if we are going to make those DoTs direct dmg skills, then it is no point on having a class that lacks mobility .

Regarding templars, yes, I know they have even worst mobility than DKs (I have some temp chars I have noticed those problems too) However, templars have several ranged skills that help them to compensate that lack of mobility. DK has 0 ranged skill since stonefist was turned into stamfist.

Then, how do we address DK without changing its nature?
    Edited by Xvorg on September 24, 2019 3:01PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • b.bredfeldtub17_ESO
    Change it's nature. I never liked the shift from Molten Armaments to poisons for damage dealing, so I'm fine with a paradigm shift :)
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too

Sorry, but chains is the worst mobility tool. No DK uses chains for mobility since the buff is not on demand, and it is attached to a pull/gap closer. It is OK for chasing enemies though, but for getting away from a dangerous situation it doesn't help. Regarding the other options, Quick cloak forces you to run DW (DW Dks are not good enough) and RAT is the skill I'm betting it will be nerf next week.

I understand the logic why DKs being a DoT based class have no mobility and I agree: hit and run classes are very annoying. So if we are going to make those DoTs direct dmg skills, then it is no point on having a class that lacks mobility .

Regarding templars, yes, I know they have even worst mobility than DKs (I have some temp chars I have noticed those problems too) However, templars have several ranged skills that help them to compensate that lack of mobility. DK has 0 ranged skill since stonefist was turned into stamfist.

I was only listing options for mobility. Bow is another, which is what I currently use on my Stamplar. However, I do agree that DK's should have an expedition perk tied to a different skill. Chains is unrealistic for expedition. Maybe on Wings? It would coddle similarity to Warden wings, but hey ZOS is homogenizing all classes anyways, Right?

Just trying to give something for the Devs to possibly read, since their "creative brains" are functioning similar to that of a...anyways! I have given up on advocating for Templars since ZOS gives zero F**** for them to be competitive without the DoT Meta. I am also perusing NB forums too lol

I dislike playing Sorcs, and Warden never really peaked my interests. Didn't buy Elsweyr because I have taken away my open wallet from ZOS over 2 years ago. Hell, I still play with non-meta sets from 2+ years ago because I either can't obtain through newer DLC's or just refuse to PVE...
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're referring to morrowind nerfs with major mending, no you did not. You're confusing DK with wardens at this point.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 24, 2019 3:27PM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what?

lol..... do people actually know how effective M.Mending really is?
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what?

It's a 30% increase to healing. With DK's it can be tied to a shield. Even a small shield up for 1 GCD can equate to an untouched healing bonus. With high Weapon damage on Stam DK's you can easily achieve a 15+ K Vigor over 4 sec. = to approx. 2.5K unbuffed heal tick. Add this to Rally and/or GDB, then factor in Major Mending. DK's can easily achieve a 90% heal effectively on demand.
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what?

It's a 30% increase to healing. With DK's it can be tied to a shield. Even a small shield up for 1 GCD can equate to an untouched healing bonus. With high Weapon damage on Stam DK's you can easily achieve a 15+ K Vigor over 4 sec. = to approx. 2.5K unbuffed heal tick. Add this to Rally and/or GDB, then factor in Major Mending. DK's can easily achieve a 90% heal effectively on demand.

yes, but not 5% to 100% in 1 sec.

in 4 sec, yes, it's possible if ur not taking any damage whatsoever.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what?

My math was off, closer to 3.75k heal on first vigor tick, not including MM or crit heals. And yes I have seen many DKs go from under 10% to full in 1-2 GCDs after popping MM.
    Options
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what?

Major Mending is 25% not 30%
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Hey ZOS, for the "attrition class" as you guys so aptly named it, perhaps you should nerf the DOTs for generic abilities, but class ability DOT's should maintain their damage potential.

This.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what?

My math was off, closer to 3.75k heal on first vigor tick, not including MM or crit heals. And yes I have seen many DKs go from under 10% to full in 1-2 GCDs after popping MM.

That's a combo of GDB + vigor/rally ticks + major mending + lag

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what?

Thanks. Didn't know off hand since I hadn't seen it tied to a skill of mine (templar) since pre-morrowind...
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

what?

Thanks. Didn't know off hand since I hadn't seen it tied to a skill of mine (templar) since pre-morrowind...

I don't know what kind of good stuff you're smoking, but templar is literally the best PvP class in Live server, and this class is about DK changes rather than templar.

I don't disagree that morrowind nerfs killed templar back then, however If you're gonna cry about templars despite their current state, please go and do it on somewhere else, all you do here is change the topic into something unrelated.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 25, 2019 3:07PM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what?

That's a combo of GDB + vigor/rally ticks + major mending + lag

this.

most DK can't/won't pull this off.
    Options