Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What’s with all the IC hate?

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I don't think we need a dressing room, when you can carry as many sets as you like in your inventory.
    What is stopping you from changing into a PVP focused set before entering the Imperial City? You'd check that you were wearing a suitable set for PVE, it's exactly the same for a zone where there is PVP.

If you are heading to the Imperial City / Sewers as someone who normally only PVE's, there's a couple of pieces of advice I'd give:

Craft yourself some Impenetrable Armour. Plenty of craft-able sets are great for PVP.
    The NPCs are pathetically weak, even the Bosses, you don't need that much extra damage from Divines.
    The only real threat to you is other players, and Impen armour will help you to stay alive.

Go in with no less than 25k HP. A sniper is much less likely to target you if you aren't the lowest HP member in the vicinity. Don't make yourself an easy meal.

Craft yourself some Invisibility potions for when you get into sticky situations, it might just keep you alive long enough to escape.

Buy some of the recall stones, you don't want to find yourself with 10k Tel Var and have no way to bank them.

Keep your buffs up at all times, you don't have the luxury of starting a fight on your terms like in PVE. You can be ambushed at any time, never, ever let your guard down - especially when fighting a boss.

Look for choke points, and when you approach them be very, very vigilant. This is where you'll likely get ganked.

Do not go alone. Group up with a few friends / guildies, and make sure that they do the above also ^

Switching between PVE and PVP involves resetting more than just your armor and weapons. CP allocations are very different (ie, in PVE you'll have lots of points in The Lady but none in The Lord, for PVP it's the opposite), and even different morphs. It's incredibly time consuming to do and it costs you, which is why the game desperately needs a dressing room with a zero cost switch.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why, but I feel the pve players who get all upset about PvP are the entitled raiders who scoff at people who can't hit +40k dps and have alot of top level gear. They throw on thier all gold sets and head into PvP. Sad thing is they actually don't understand the mechanics of PvP and get rekt. Granted it's probably a small number but these are the people who imo would be vocal on the forums. I don't think the 5 hour a week casual who roleplays and quests is going to comment on builds and skill changes

You're projecting. I am none of those things but I still loathe PVP.

Duh, that's why I started with "IDK why but I feel" not like I was trying to state a fact
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I don't think we need a dressing room, when you can carry as many sets as you like in your inventory.
    What is stopping you from changing into a PVP focused set before entering the Imperial City? You'd check that you were wearing a suitable set for PVE, it's exactly the same for a zone where there is PVP.

If you are heading to the Imperial City / Sewers as someone who normally only PVE's, there's a couple of pieces of advice I'd give:

Craft yourself some Impenetrable Armour. Plenty of craft-able sets are great for PVP.
    The NPCs are pathetically weak, even the Bosses, you don't need that much extra damage from Divines.
    The only real threat to you is other players, and Impen armour will help you to stay alive.

Go in with no less than 25k HP. A sniper is much less likely to target you if you aren't the lowest HP member in the vicinity. Don't make yourself an easy meal.

Craft yourself some Invisibility potions for when you get into sticky situations, it might just keep you alive long enough to escape.

Buy some of the recall stones, you don't want to find yourself with 10k Tel Var and have no way to bank them.

Keep your buffs up at all times, you don't have the luxury of starting a fight on your terms like in PVE. You can be ambushed at any time, never, ever let your guard down - especially when fighting a boss.

Look for choke points, and when you approach them be very, very vigilant. This is where you'll likely get ganked.

Do not go alone. Group up with a few friends / guildies, and make sure that they do the above also ^

Switching between PVE and PVP involves resetting more than just your armor and weapons. CP allocations are very different (ie, in PVE you'll have lots of points in The Lady but none in The Lord, for PVP it's the opposite), and even different morphs. It's incredibly time consuming to do and it costs you, which is why the game desperately needs a dressing room with a zero cost switch.

This is why I think it’s better just to create a PvP specific toon to play. Does it suck leveling up another toon? Yes, it definitely does, but it can also be fun to create and connect to another character. At least that’s how I feel about it.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why, but I feel the pve players who get all upset about PvP are the entitled raiders who scoff at people who can't hit +40k dps and have alot of top level gear. They throw on thier all gold sets and head into PvP. Sad thing is they actually don't understand the mechanics of PvP and get rekt. Granted it's probably a small number but these are the people who imo would be vocal on the forums. I don't think the 5 hour a week casual who roleplays and quests is going to comment on builds and skill changes

You're projecting. I am none of those things but I still loathe PVP.

Duh, that's why I started with "IDK why but I feel" not like I was trying to state a fact

Whether or not you understand why you feel that the PVE players who "who get all upset about PvP are the entitled raiders who scoff at people who can't hit +40k dps" etc or not doesn't change the fact that you said you feel that the PVE players who "who get all upset about PvP are the entitled raiders who scoff at people who can't hit +40k dps" etc. You are wrong. 90% of ESO's player base is PVE and there's lots of reasons for that, most of which at the end of the day boil down to PVE and PVP being radically different modes with radically different requirements and have precious little to do with the toxic minority who "who scoff at people who can't hit +40k dps" etc. 90% of ESO's player base don't play PVP because they don't like it.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like PVP sometimes, but this event, is one of the worst yet, IMHO. It is basically a bunch of gankers sitting at the gates harvesting players who just want to get their daily tickets, and mass zergs hanging out in the central area so that people who go there have very little chance of getting credit for the kill because there's just too many. I'm not sure what would make it better, but not having a single, pinch-point on the way into the sewers would help some. Today, there are Blue gankers literally just standing there in the pinch point in a cluster farming anyone who tries to leave the AD home base. This can't really be considered fun and good game play by much of anyone, can it?
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but not having a single, pinch-point on the way into the sewers would help some.

As many othes have already pointed out, there are 7 entrances into the sewers : 1 in your alliance base, and 1 in each district. If you're too lazy to use the ones in the districts, that's on you.

• Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    As i see, Imperial City is now something whats its need to be. A dangerious place.

PvP and PvE zone together. If you heading out, hunting for daedra, farming telvar, etc... You better watching your back. You can be hunter and prey as well. :D Even if a PvE player heading out with group, there is the risk, what's happen if he lost from his group just a bit.

I play solo pvp and honestly i enjoy it. I enjoy the presentence of big groups, small groups, other pvpers and random pve guys. I like it, while harassing and hunting on a bigger group, attempting to taking off peope, and survive, also watching my back, check my environment, do not getting flanked, etc. As solo player, IC becomes a high risk/high reward place.

Its feels really like "hunt or be hunted". On PvE perspective you can get telvars from there. If you need it, you need to take the risk, what awaits you. Its just... perfect! Sad thing, if the event is over... this place would be dead again.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade