Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

glitched talons coupled with Fossilise disables break free

Gilvoth
Gilvoth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
when will this get fixed?
this has been an exploit now for Years that has never been looked into.unable to break free and your stuck inplace.
coupled with Fossilise its just nightmare glitch.
please fix

Edited by Gilvoth on September 6, 2019 1:54PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't talons immobilize? Not stun? So there is nothing to break free from, just Dodge roll out?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gonna need to explain this glitch better. Fossilize by itself will put you in cd for both soft and hard CC.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He ran out of stamina or lagged, so couldn't cc break and is blaming an old bug that no longer exists

There used to be a bug where if you cast talons, then fossilised the guy whilst he was still in talons, fosilise was unbreakable as the game prioritised talons (and you obviously couldn't dodge talons as you were cc'ed, and can't break talons as it isn't a cc). This left the fossilise cc unbreakable if taloned at the exact same time.

This was fixed long ago however

Sincerely, a guy who plays with magdk, and against magdk on other classes as well
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no it wasnt fixed!
    no i didnt run out of stamina!
    its Broken

heres more proof

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488864/fossilise-needs-a-nerf-asap/p4
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing how linking to a nerf thread proves that the old glitch with fossilize + talons is recurring.

Rereading the complaints on that thread make it clear that they are complaining that Fossilize is too powerful, not that its glitched or that there's an exploit.

If you think the old glitch is recurring, please provide actual proof to back up your claim in this thread.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is glitched, then there should be lots of magDks using it, and it should be easy to get video evidence.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about any skill problem, but I have noticed lately that in PvP I will suddenly be stuck to the ground for no appearent reason in a fight. I could be in a CC, but can not see it. A.K.A no Talons, Fossilize, Sorc root animation at my feet.

This is playing any class, as I've also noticed a bit of a bug with streak for sorcs. I could also be encountering what ppl call a map glitch, or terrain glitch (where terrain tiles meet). But this has only started recently with last major patch. I never had the issue that a LOT of other players had/have.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    I don't know about any skill problem, but I have noticed lately that in PvP I will suddenly be stuck to the ground for no appearent reason in a fight. I could be in a CC, but can not see it. A.K.A no Talons, Fossilize, Sorc root animation at my feet.

This is playing any class, as I've also noticed a bit of a bug with streak for sorcs. I could also be encountering what ppl call a map glitch, or terrain glitch (where terrain tiles meet). But this has only started recently with last major patch. I never had the issue that a LOT of other players had/have.

off balance stun (caused by heavy attack off-balanced target), connected to one of cp passives
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    no it wasnt fixed!
    its Broken

heres more proof

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488864/fossilise-needs-a-nerf-asap/p4

What does this prove? Where? What?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P :D
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fossilize is two parts OP, a stun = break free and a immobilize = roll dodge. The bug does not exist anymore. Most likely you are OoS.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

It might be templar eclipse. If you attack then while they are buffed, you will root yourself. The root doesn't have an animation.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's a poison mate.
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    no it wasnt fixed!
    its Broken

heres more proof

Where?
    PC EU
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cc break bugs alot its not fossilize. I assume it is mostly lag like when I says target is immune to a self heal because you are behind the server and lagging
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is still happening.
    please look into this zenimax.