The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pax West - Dragonhold - Someone took photos of changed passives?

• DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So deadric prey become into stamina morph... It will hurt even more magsorcs. WTF zos
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    So deadric prey become into stamina morph... It will hurt even more magsorcs. WTF zos

Exept if the pet damage buff is moved to the base ability
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol can you not read? Pet damage bonus is part of the base skill now and will persist through both morphs.
    olsborg wrote: »
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    So I woke up to my discord being the recipient of more PAX info, guess this has been making the rounds or something

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608161045051342849/617579583322980362/unknown.png

Big nerfs to zergplay if this is true.

I heard those notes are fake.
    From who? If it's a class rep saying they're fake they're absolutely doing damage control before any of this hits the general public. The last time they tried to do this with the Scalebreaker leaks it turned out 99% of the leaks were true.

I'll ask my friend who actually went to PAX and see just how much of it is legitimate, but I'm willing to believe a person who's already demo'd the Dragonhold PTS build.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some love for DW Magblades please.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are in fact, showcasing upcoming changes and content.

So far:
    - Stamina sorcerer is getting some love
    - Next part of the story apparently deals with Darien leaving something in Pellitine that triggers Meridia's wrath (HOPING MY BOY DARIEN IS STILL ALIVE)
    - PTS looks like it will drop after IC event but before Witches Festival event

Also, no pictures allowed.

Source: Buddy of mine is at the event right now.

nerf sorc
    but seriously, stam sorc needs some love but not through passives. It already has good passives. It needs sorcerer stamina skills beyond Hurricane and Crit Surge (and Dark Deal)
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Just because they are showcasing Dragonhold content does not mean they're showcasing balance content. That's probably an entirely separate team and timeline, so we'll have to wait to know for sure.

Whatever changes there are (if any) are likely to be changed by the time PTS is open, and definitely by the time Dragonhold hits live.

pls no forum riot over dragonhold preview screenshot

ZoS: We have decided to make one of Cristal Shard's morphs into stamina based skill.
    Cristal Fragment will now cost stamina and deal physical damage. We have also decided to give this morph it's 3 sec
    stun back after seeing how many requests for it we got from magSorc community.

I bet it will be something like that. :(

Sounds implausible. Crystal frag is at a decent spot at the moment and I don’t really foresee stamsorcs shooting out crystal. That would be a nightmare, not class identity.

Also, thanks for everyone providing news.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    ku5h wrote: »
    Just because they are showcasing Dragonhold content does not mean they're showcasing balance content. That's probably an entirely separate team and timeline, so we'll have to wait to know for sure.

Whatever changes there are (if any) are likely to be changed by the time PTS is open, and definitely by the time Dragonhold hits live.

pls no forum riot over dragonhold preview screenshot

ZoS: We have decided to make one of Cristal Shard's morphs into stamina based skill.
    Cristal Fragment will now cost stamina and deal physical damage. We have also decided to give this morph it's 3 sec
    stun back after seeing how many requests for it we got from magSorc community.

I bet it will be something like that. :(

Sounds implausible. Crystal frag is at a decent spot at the moment and I don’t really foresee stamsorcs shooting out crystal. That would be a nightmare, not class identity.

Also, thanks for everyone providing news.

Imagine they will give frags to stamsorc as stam morph and magsorc will be left with casting time one :D
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some love for DW all Magblades please.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I woke up to my discord being the recipient of more PAX info, guess this has been making the rounds or something

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608161045051342849/617579583322980362/unknown.png

These are interesting. Thank you for sharing this with us. I look forward to seeing Gina's full release on the details.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol can you not read? Pet damage bonus is part of the base skill now and will persist through both morphs.

From who? If it's a class rep saying they're fake they're absolutely doing damage control before any of this hits the general public. The last time they tried to do this with the Scalebreaker leaks it turned out 99% of the leaks were true.

I'll ask my friend who actually went to PAX and see just how much of it is legitimate, but I'm willing to believe a person who's already demo'd the Dragonhold PTS build.

Updates generate Drama and baseless speculation driven by Drama around here. Those comments are filled with both, so it is hard to put things into the proper perspective, even if the comments do contain truth.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jenzi wrote: »
    I’m praying they give wood elves back our stealth.
    They should. Same for Argonians. Both of those races should get a slight buff.

But overall, as far as I know, it was said in update 23 Q&A that in next update they will do a class skills audit, to improve class identity, now that they have established the base line for all the other skills. Sadly, I do not expect them to tuch racials...
    I do hope thought that they will treat WW as a "mini - class" and address all the feedback & pain points. Somehow I do not wish to wait 1 - 2 years for ZOS to "update" WW so it will have a purpose again and be play-able...

What makes you think they will improve class identity when all they've done is strip every class apart from Magplar and the paid classes from their identity in the last few patches...
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any informations of what new PvE content they'll add into the DLC. Arena , trial , nothing ?
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Auriel's bow is the next artifact"

tXSFgzr.gif
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    Some love for DW all Magblades please.

Rumor says ZOS knows about bad state of magblades :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Updates generate Drama and baseless speculation driven by Drama around here. Those comments are filled with both, so it is hard to put things into the proper perspective, even if the comments do contain truth.

The hilarious thing is, most of those would be beneficial to the game. Preventing specific DoTs stacking from different sources is something Gil talked about before he started working at ZOS. Does that mean it's true? No. Because that could be someone else who remembers Gil's time, and is trying to give the claims some veracity. Same thing about the GCD with proc sets. On the whole, that would probably be a healthy change (depending on exactly which sets were flagged.) But, does this mean we take that at face value? Not really. We'll know, soon enough, and until that happens, there's no reason to panic.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new ?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Tatanko wrote: »
    As Zos stated that they going to target passives next, did anyone on the pax west took some pictures and canshare them? Curious what they changed :)
    The event hasn't even happened yet as of my writing this reply ;)

Ah right,that time difference (germany here) ^^. So for anyone going there, TAKE PICTURES! :)

After all the hubbub surrounding a player breaking NDA (allegedly) after the ZOS Elsweyr testing event, is it really worth the risk of taking pictures?
    Tatanko wrote: »
    As Zos stated that they going to target passives next, did anyone on the pax west took some pictures and canshare them? Curious what they changed :)
    The event hasn't even happened yet as of my writing this reply ;)

Ah right,that time difference (germany here) ^^. So for anyone going there, TAKE PICTURES! :)

After all the hubbub surrounding a player breaking NDA (allegedly) after the ZOS Elsweyr testing event, is it really worth the risk of taking pictures?

Pax is a public event isnt it? They cant have an NDA for content shown there.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Pax is a public event isnt it? They cant have an NDA for content shown there.

There's no NDA, but there was a no photography policy in effect. Believe me, if there was an NDA, I wouldn't have even started posting in this thread.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a marketing event though, I doubt they're focusing on much besides new content. Balance related changes are "boring" for most people.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    It's a marketing event though, I doubt they're focusing on much besides new content. Balance related changes are "boring" for most people.

They don't have to. The changes are rolled into the demos because they want people to play the complete thing. They just don't promote the changes because the new content takes priority, people have to look for it.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to be careful with the DoT nerfs in PvE. They nerfed the *** out of all our other skills so that DoTs would become BiS. They may need to revert some of those previous nerfs (like AoE DoTs).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 2, 2019 11:38AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any new arenas with ability-altering weapons?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to be careful with the DoT nerfs in PvE. They nerfed the *** out of all our other skills so that DoTs would become BiS. They may need to revert some of those previous nerfs.

Ok do they really need to nerf the initial damage of onslaught? Jesus Christ stam ultimate choices are going to be garbage. I hope it’s a minor nerf because DBoS is pretty lame rn and just not even worth using over Onslaught.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 2, 2019 6:12AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarious thing is, most of those would be beneficial to the game. Preventing specific DoTs stacking from different sources is something Gil talked about before he started working at ZOS. Does that mean it's true? No. Because that could be someone else who remembers Gil's time, and is trying to give the claims some veracity. Same thing about the GCD with proc sets. On the whole, that would probably be a healthy change (depending on exactly which sets were flagged.) But, does this mean we take that at face value? Not really. We'll know, soon enough, and until that happens, there's no reason to panic.

Panic? Those changes would be amazing. I’m just worried about seeing my dreams crushed lol.

Definitely not holding my breath, the past several patches have seemed amazing in the hype leading up to them and then just turned out to be worse than ever.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 2, 2019 6:26AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Panic? Those changes would be amazing. I’m just worried about seeing my dreams crushed lol.

Definitely not holding my breath, the past several patches have seemed amazing in the hype leading up to them and then just turned out to be worse than ever.

These are the forums. Everyone's here to panic. :P

But, yeah, the other side of this is, yeah, don't get your hopes up.
    Edited by starkerealm on September 2, 2019 9:26AM
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Del
    Edited by Jurand80 on September 2, 2019 9:31AM
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭

thank god, thank zos, thank your friend, thank you! finally a balance to dots (stam and mag dots) in pvp.
    i hope this is true, can finally enjoy pvp again! best change 2019

hallelujah
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thank god, thank zos, thank your friend, thank you! finally a balance to dots (stam and mag dots) in pvp.
    i hope this is true, can finally enjoy pvp again! best change 2019

hallelujah

Can someone explain why so many players happy with potential dots changes that prevent people stacking identical dots on same target in PvP? I don't play PvP much, but from my poiny of view it's a stupid change, nobody will play dots builds at all in PvP, because your entire damage can be overwritten by someone else and you will make almost 0 impact in combat, who will like it?
    Is the problem with stacking many dots appeared after dots buff, or it were a problem even before buff? The only potential problem i see is that this dots damage is unexpected and hard to see, for example 10 players poison you and you see only one effect of a poison on character model, so you think you can handle it, but you not. But a the same time if 10 players focus you with direct attacks you will be dead anyway. But i don't see suggestions to make Global CoolDown at direct attacks player can take.
    If dots overperforms, maybe better nerf damage of that dots? Maybe better to indicate with bright red colors and numbers that you were hit by multiple stacks of the same dot? And not just kill all dots build in PvP.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

That is another common thing that happens in the forum. Someone in the forum decides what ZOS should do, everyone piles up behind them, buying them endless drinks. ZOS does something else. Everyone is sad. :)

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These notes seems so perfect and to the point and would solve many things. I think these are fake, ZOS track record is not that perfect.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only