The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone Else Miss "Old School" MMO Gameplay?

• Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly miss the holy trinity. I always get the support chars in games, for some reason I don't even know, but in ESO, I feel like, most of the times, I'm not needed or wanted there. If there's a need for a tank, a DD main comes in and tanks it. I had my friends telling me they had trials where they had a fake tank magsorc tanking (sometimes even without wipes) while I was looking for groups to join.

There's very low demand for support classes and it's easily filled by either other DDs more often than not, and I kinda hate that. I switched my tank to healer but it was no different. Then decided to stay within my group of friends and never try to queue with randoms.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandesdar wrote: »
    I certainly miss the holy trinity. I always get the support chars in games, for some reason I don't even know, but in ESO, I feel like, most of the times, I'm not needed or wanted there. If there's a need for a tank, a DD main comes in and tanks it. I had my friends telling me they had trials where they had a fake tank magsorc tanking (sometimes even without wipes) while I was looking for groups to join.

There's very low demand for support classes and it's easily filled by either other DDs more often than not, and I kinda hate that. I switched my tank to healer but it was no different. Then decided to stay within my group of friends and never try to queue with randoms.

fake tank cant tank trials.
    fake tank cant tank most of dlc`s / even on normal/
    fake tank cant do speed runs.
    dont belive your friends that much. tank is most needed role in game/then good dps and healer.
    i set healer last because of one reason. if tank and dps are good, healer dies from boredoom. if you know what i mean.
    (there is hardly something to heal outside aoe dmg)
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss my EQ Ranger - Train to zone in..... :D
  • tizodd
    tizodd
    ✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    I miss my EQ Ranger - Train to zone in..... :D

Lmao enemies that would chase you all the way across a map. That's one "old school" feature I don't miss :D. (I know trolls miss it though lol)
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't miss old school MMO Gameplay.

Waiting 3 hours for a mob to spawn that has a 10% chance to drop an epic item that you have to share amongst your group to gear them up

Spending months grinding "Faction" so you can enter a dungeon and kill a boss and play the "is it my turn to get loot"

If they want tanks and healers to have more of a role in group dungeons maybe they should give them more tools to use, Taunt is such a crapshoot if everyone's not paying attention and the damage is either ignore it or insta-kill, not much in between.
  • Jephry
    Jephry
    ✭✭
    I miss my EQ cleric and necromancer...now THAT was how a necro should play!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't like a game where your initial irrevocable decision of class, race, or whatever the game makes immutable, determines your role from then on. I want my character to be able to select their role based on experience with the game, and possibly even from dungeon to dungeon. On the other hand, I do want to have to make that choice, and not have everyone running the same maxed configuration.

The current problem is that tank and healer roles don't require enough of the available slots to be filled with tank or healer skills, and DPS's can slot enough self-heal etc. not to need the support. Hybrids are becoming too viable, even if it's not mag/stam yet.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I wouldn't like a game where your initial irrevocable decision of class, race, or whatever the game makes immutable, determines your role from then on.

But that's why you have extra character slots, so if you want to play a dedicated healer (or whatever) you just log them in.

I'd rather have 8 different characters that are the best at what they do, than 8 characters that can all do the same thing in a nondescript, mediocre fashion.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.