Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Played World of Warcraft recently...

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how anyone can still play a game from 2004, especially one that hasn't aged well, at all.

personal preference. i still sometimes replay heroes of magic 2, original dungeon keeper, theme hospital, etc. cause it takes me about half an hour or less to get over VERY aged graphics and after that - its just fund times playing.

I mean.... have you seen what undertale looks like? and yet... for a lot of people its one of their absolute favorite games.

I actualy don't mind WoW graphics at all. I think they aged pretty well, especially after multiple overhauls that improved texture and the like. they are cartoonish and that helps.

I also enjoy the slower paced, tab target combat. personaly. even if i do miss being able to roll out of bad, or block incoming damage.

the irony is, while i'm not a classic fiend (cause boy, oh boy does it have some outdated issues), lately my biggest issues that mess with my enjoyment of wow, are changes that were implemented in most recent 2 expansions. /shrug.

anyways, different games - different feel to them.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree about "engaging" part. There are amazing engaging quests in WoW. Just give me an example from ESO quest line which beats BRAVO company quest line in WoW.

I've played WoW for years, have and played the latest expansion and I literally have no idea which quest like you are talking about. O_O

there WERE some pretty cool quest chains in wow, no doubt about that, I still remember Linken quests for example with equal frustration and fondness, Pamela's doll was heartbreaking and quest chains in wrath of the lichking that tied into Warcraft 3 were fantastic if you were a fan of the universe prior to WoW.

but at the same time, there are so many more quest chains in ESO that were just if not more memorable for me. so i don't know.... to each their own?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for some weird reason i have a huge WOW itch all of a sudden despite never having played the game for long...

can you switch specs on a class easily - lets say from being a tank to a dd etc... or is this nearly impossible due to the gear grind?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I strongly disagree about "engaging" part. There are amazing engaging quests in WoW. Just give me an example from ESO quest line which beats BRAVO company quest line in WoW.

I've played WoW for years, have and played the latest expansion and I literally have no idea which quest like you are talking about. O_O

there WERE some pretty cool quest chains in wow, no doubt about that, I still remember Linken quests for example with equal frustration and fondness, Pamela's doll was heartbreaking and quest chains in wrath of the lichking that tied into Warcraft 3 were fantastic if you were a fan of the universe prior to WoW.

but at the same time, there are so many more quest chains in ESO that were just if not more memorable for me. so i don't know.... to each their own?

Bravo company is vanilla quest line for alliance, where you need to consequently save 5 prisoners who are sort of marines/rock-n-roll racing guys and then kick some orc's a**es together. Quest design is beyond beautiful, you actually need to think and use some tactics to have any chance to complete it and there is great writing and serious dramatic end.

"To each their own" - exactly. I simply can't comprehend how somebody can place ESO's quests above Skyrim's quests for example, but I met ton of people who actually can't stand TES single player but absolutely in love with ESO, so I guess this is matter of personal preferences. There are different genres of literature, movies, different kind of sports. ESO is some different kind of MMO and different kind of RPG in comparison to other mass-market games..

But what's most funny, we can see that many people dislike ESO combat system but love overland/questing, while many have exactly opposite opinion that combat is fun, but overland boring... maybe ESO problem is that they took so many different features and landed in out-of-genre territory and so game causes very mixed opinions. I think that aside from performance issues where all the negative is completely justified, in other things ESO is treated too harsh by players.

I see that people post how they can't enter WoW classic due to huge queues and they post this light-heartedly as some fun fact without negative, and if we remember what happened when ESO introduced login queues and amount of hate that followed..
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urusovite wrote: »
    But WoW Devs are actually listening to the players and uhh their game works

When Zos began to listen players, Teso turned into something incomprehensible with zero balance and wretched, nerfed classes.
    And no, Activision NEVER listen players.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW ORCS!

Grommash_wallpaper.jpg

ESO Orcs!
    ancient_orc_hvy_front_big.jpg

WoW ORC > ESO ORC, in terms of lore, culture and personality.
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    Pure nostalgia trip imo and it wont be the same, my MMO experience started on world of warcraft played it for nearly 10 years before quiting and searching for something new, I've tried classic and it just doesn't feel right anymore it's way too overhyped and just isn't as good of a game as people think it is. Classic was a broken mess and still is.
    Imo WoW's combat is quite bad compared to ESO's current state, Quests are just ''kill this, collect this'' from a multi billion dollar company you'd atleast expect them to voice over quests, but no that's not an option.

If you want to feel nostalgia it's maybe worth a try but it wont last long I've played through the real classic and the current classic version and it just didn't feel the same whatsoever.
    PC - EU
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    WoW ORCS!

So, intergalactic genocidal backwater space alien rock eaters instead of backwater genocidal rock eating murder elves...
    Meh, WHammer has the better genocidal rock eaters anyways.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW ORCS!

ESO Orcs!

Orcs were main race of Warcraft from the very beginning, while in TES they were always on secondary roles and only in ESO received some love with Orsinium DLC and now with OP racial passives and stamcro.
  • vilio11
    vilio11
    ✭✭✭

Elder Scrolls orcs are probably the best take at the orc as the "noble savage". In wow orcs are pretty universally dumb witch exceptions.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    ESO models aren't perfect and could do with a couple more customisation options (horizontal width of mouth and nose tip angle, for example), but they are still considerably better than the "new" WoW ones.
    I think that's mostly due to style. I get it if people aren't a fan of WoW's style; I used to be in love with a game called Kingdom of Amalur which had an extreeeemely wonky style that was super cartoonish, but I loved it anyway and replayed it on several characters.

Proportions-wise though... have you seen a male character in ESO? They have like no ass. :smiley: Their legs just sprout from their spine. And their hips are tiny little boxes that are half the size of their shoulders... and no matter how far you set the leg sliders, they still remain tiny sticklegs that in no way shape or form could carry that torso. Most male characters are so top-heavy that they should just topple over when they try to walk :lol:

What ESO does well though is facial customization. It's great that we also have a lot of extra ways to personalize our characters like more tattoos than wow, and adornments and the like (obviously, since ZOS are selling customization options in the cash shop *cough cough*).

Have an awesome for the KoA mention :) I loved that game! I wish I could still get into it for a nostalgia spin.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Why not both? :wink: I play both, for different reasons, and both are great in their own right.

ESO is a wonderful immersive world with interactive quests, a great crafting system, and it even has housing. WoW on the other hand has vastly superior class design, has iconic and diverse characters with epic storylines, and 95% of its mounts and outfits can be unlocked via gameplay not through the cash shop.

Preferences can be personal, so I expect people will disagree, but ESO's combat is a joke compared to most other MMOs. ESO plays like a hack-and-slash buttonmasher, not as an MMO or even as an interesting single player game. 80% of specs play literally the same way. Buff up, apply DoTs, spam stuff, then repeat. The concept of dps cooldowns, combo abilities, procs and other synergies are almost nonexistent (Sorc has one proc skill and a pets+daedric curse synergy, Nightblade has Grim Focus, and Necro has corpses I guess). Hell, even GW 1 which is ancient had more interesting abilities. Or even SWTOR which has been near death for years has better class designs (e.g. Fusion Missile + Rail Shot). A single class in WoW has more gameplay variety (e.g. Demo lock, Affliction lock, Destro lock) than ESO's classes combined (Are your dots blue, red, or green? Which ability and light attacks will you spam? Such interesting choices :tongue:)

I would prefer it if they could combine the best elements of the best games.

I'm kind of a serial monogamist when it comes to MMOs and so, would prefer to not have to keep switching.

Korean MMO combat + Western MMO progression = best MMO
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW ORCS!

Grommash_wallpaper.jpg

ESO Orcs!

They look nothing like their concept art in-game. They look like *** Shrek:

posturetab2.thumb.JPG.89854ca93664206248df2df6c3b3c578.JPG

Meanwhile, in ESO:

ON-npc-Skordo_the_Knife.jpg
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 30, 2019 7:58AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Sure WoW has epic storylines and story beats that are fun but there has to be a somewhat consistent quality in quest design, storytelling, and presentation. WoW doesn't have that for me. It's over-bloated with time consuming tasks which makes leveling a drag and you need either a friend or a podcast to mentally stimulate enough to get through

The only time I can think of doing a quest in ESO similar to WoW was the Psijiic skill line quest which has been labeled by the community as the worst quests design ZOS implemented in the game
    ESO quests aren't all that different you know. Have 2 minutes of dialogue, run around killing/looting things, turn in with 2 minutes of dialogue. Run into a delve, pick up a quest from an item, run around killing/looting things, turn in at a town with 1 minute of dialogue. ESO just dresses up the quests better by adding fluff, but that doesn't make the quests themselves varied or interesting.

Have you played any recent WoW zones? WoW zones have zone stories just like ESO zones do. Many of their main quests are also voiced, with memorable NPCs accompanying you on quests with several stages... instead of just having the same 'Dunmer Voice Number 2' voice actor reading out another few lines of dialogue for yet another forgettable NPC. It's fine if you like ESO's quests (I do too, because they sometimes have different choices) but it's not like ESO has high quality revolutionary quests or anything. The only difference is that they have their boring fetch quests read out to you. :tongue:

Both games could learn from SWTOR - that had such amazing questing experience that many of its class stories could be single-player games on their own, that's how good the plot was. Or The Secret World which had some of the most unique quests ever... trying to solve them without guides was a nightmare since you actively had to investigate things.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t blame people for getting back into Wow classic. They are trying to re-live an experience they had years ago. But I think it will be short lived. It’s just nostalgia. Like watching Toy Story. Or watching Star Wars to see Princess Leia or Luke again, or the monster chessboard on the Millennium falcon. But everyone’s waiting for the next, new thing. And there really isn’t anything out yet.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure WoW has epic storylines and story beats that are fun but there has to be a somewhat consistent quality in quest design, storytelling, and presentation. WoW doesn't have that for me. It's over-bloated with time consuming tasks which makes leveling a drag and you need either a friend or a podcast to mentally stimulate enough to get through

The only time I can think of doing a quest in ESO similar to WoW was the Psijiic skill line quest which has been labeled by the community as the worst quests design ZOS implemented in the game
    ESO quests aren't all that different you know. Have 2 minutes of dialogue, run around killing/looting things, turn in with 2 minutes of dialogue. Run into a delve, pick up a quest from an item, run around killing/looting things, turn in at a town with 1 minute of dialogue. ESO just dresses up the quests better by adding fluff, but that doesn't make the quests themselves varied or interesting.

But that's what makes a quest interesting. I want to have an interesting reason for why I'm killing someone or fetching something.

And on the topic of quest structure, ESO quests very rarely have you kill a specific number of enemies or fetch a specific number of items. They are almost always targeted tasks (like free a prisoner, then work with them to kill their captor). They are far less repetitive than your standard MMO quests and are much closer in design to single player RPG side quests.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 30, 2019 8:04AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    ESO models aren't perfect and could do with a couple more customisation options (horizontal width of mouth and nose tip angle, for example), but they are still considerably better than the "new" WoW ones.
    I think that's mostly due to style. I get it if people aren't a fan of WoW's style; I used to be in love with a game called Kingdom of Amalur which had an extreeeemely wonky style that was super cartoonish, but I loved it anyway and replayed it on several characters.

Proportions-wise though... have you seen a male character in ESO? They have like no ass. :smiley: Their legs just sprout from their spine. And their hips are tiny little boxes that are half the size of their shoulders... and no matter how far you set the leg sliders, they still remain tiny sticklegs that in no way shape or form could carry that torso. Most male characters are so top-heavy that they should just topple over when they try to walk :lol:

What ESO does well though is facial customization. It's great that we also have a lot of extra ways to personalize our characters like more tattoos than wow, and adornments and the like (obviously, since ZOS are selling customization options in the cash shop *cough cough*).

Have an awesome for the KoA mention :) I loved that game! I wish I could still get into it for a nostalgia spin.
    Yeah! Too bad the company went bankrupt :grimace: I would have played the sh-- out of a KoA MMO they had planned :smiley:
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But that's what makes a quest interesting.
    So books aren't interesting because they don't read their story out for you? Okay. :wink: Because that's the point. If people say that WoW's quest are boring fetch quests or whatever, they simply didn't bother to read the text. Or didn't listen to the NPC voicelines, since many of the recent expansions have voiced NPC lines during the zone quests. ESO's fetch quests don't magically turn engaging just because somebody reads out the quest insturctions.

Edit regarding quest design: One of my favourite quests (Scouting the Mine/Breaking the Coven) in ESO is about interacting with three items, then killing three named enemies. It's my fav quest because the story is super interesting and the voice actor does a great job selling the story (some events that happen during that quest are really creepy and well done). One of my favourite quests in WoW right now is a side quest where you help out a demented person that was exiled to the desert. You need to gather some items, kill some enemies. And then you find out that he wasn't demented, he just sees the spirits of his murdered friends and they're actually there. Both of these quests were side quests. Both of these were boring interact/kill quests. Both of these were still interesting because they had great story. So just because a quest is about killing boars or fetching items, it doesn't mean it's bad.
    Edited by bluebird on August 30, 2019 8:17AM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bravo company is vanilla quest line for alliance, where you need to consequently save 5 prisoners who are sort of marines/rock-n-roll racing guys and then kick some orc's a**es together. Quest design is beyond beautiful, you actually need to think and use some tactics to have any chance to complete it and there is great writing and serious dramatic end.

"To each their own" - exactly. I simply can't comprehend how somebody can place ESO's quests above Skyrim's quests for example, but I met ton of people who actually can't stand TES single player but absolutely in love with ESO, so I guess this is matter of personal preferences. There are different genres of literature, movies, different kind of sports. ESO is some different kind of MMO and different kind of RPG in comparison to other mass-market games..

But what's most funny, we can see that many people dislike ESO combat system but love overland/questing, while many have exactly opposite opinion that combat is fun, but overland boring... maybe ESO problem is that they took so many different features and landed in out-of-genre territory and so game causes very mixed opinions. I think that aside from performance issues where all the negative is completely justified, in other things ESO is treated too harsh by players.

I see that people post how they can't enter WoW classic due to huge queues and they post this light-heartedly as some fun fact without negative, and if we remember what happened when ESO introduced login queues and amount of hate that followed..

Not a vanilla quest at all, and it's basically Rambo. One of the reasons I quit during Cataclysm, that and turning Westfall into a CSI homage.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »

Yeah! Too bad the company went bankrupt :grimace: I would have played the sh-- out of a KoA MMO they had planned :smiley:

THQ Nordic (Titan Quest) bought the rights to the IP last year-- there may still be hope...

https://massivelyop.com/2018/09/06/thq-nordic-has-bought-up-the-rights-to-38-studios-project-copernicus-and-kingdoms-of-amalur/
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play both, though not necessarily at the same time. Usually I take an "ESO break" and play WoW instead. WoW isn't a bad game, however I completely agree with the quest part. Whenever I wanted to level a character questing rarely comes to mind. I'd rather sit in a 20 minute dungeon queue than quest. Dungeons is how you level in WoW, because no one can stand the quests. If anyone does the quests they are done as fast as possible just to get the XP.

I will admit that I recently got tempted to go back to WoW. Patch 8.2 has some cool stuff. But I think I will wait with playing WoW again, at least until patch 8.2.5. When the long awaited Worgen models and heritage armor are released.

I started playing WoW...around 2014, my best buddie convinced me. We played together for years. But now even she who has had WoW for over 10 years called it quits. As for classic, meh can't say I'm interested. I really liked Legion, it was a good expansion. Battle for Azeroth...nah, on the fence. Some good, some bad. I hope BfA takes a turn and has a great ending, right now it's not looking so good.

If BfA was doing better Classic wouldn't be so insanely popular 3 days after it's release. People would rather play WoW how it was released 15 years ago than the latest expansion...wow. xD
    Edited by VDoom1 on August 30, 2019 9:06AM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love both games, but wow has better servers. Also wow had a really good class/race identity which is the pinnacle trait for any "RPG" at least up until cata which is when I stopped playing.
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But that's what makes a quest interesting. I want to have an interesting reason for why I'm killing someone or fetching something.

And on the topic of quest structure, ESO quests very rarely have you kill a specific number of enemies or fetch a specific number of items. They are almost always targeted tasks (like free a prisoner, then work with them to kill their captor). They are far less repetitive than your standard MMO quests and are much closer in design to single player RPG side quests.
    So books aren't interesting because they don't read their story out for you? Okay. :wink: Because that's the point. If people say that WoW's quest are boring fetch quests or whatever, they simply didn't bother to read the text. Or didn't listen to the NPC voicelines, since many of the recent expansions have voiced NPC lines during the zone quests. ESO's fetch quests don't magically turn engaging just because somebody reads out the quest insturctions.

Actually read what @MLGProPlayer wrote.
    It's not because the NPC is actually voiced (Which is nice and professional presentation)
    But because the Quests structure and design is more varied that follow a story chain that is non-repetitive.
    This is more prevalent in DLCs and Chapters - ESO really avoids repetitive quest chain story design in recent content unless it is for Dailies.

For WoW; I've actually pay attention to the story and in fact downloaded the "Storyline" add-on to better present the text for reading and immersing the player. Still run into the same issue of repetitive tasks design.
    So the argument that we don't like questing in WoW because we don't read it is ridiculous.
    Recently played WoW quests in 'Wrath of the Lich King' had me going back and forth to the same areas for "Do this X number of times" tasks for 3-4 trips of doing almost the exact same tasks.

WoW has great major story beats and set pieces but ESO better utilizes it's lore for overall consistent quality in overland questing. Not once in ESO am I going "Another One? Again?! I just did that!" when I pick up a quest - save for the psijiic skill quest.

WoW is well-know for it's repetitive quest design that it is a historical meme at this point
    zvqqsxet7gj31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=92f0a15d343b23e09c7abb3874bdad02525efc7b

Edited by Iccotak on August 30, 2019 12:30PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    If BfA was doing better Classic wouldn't be so insanely popular 3 days after it's release. People would rather play WoW how it was released 15 years ago than the latest expansion...wow. xD

Yes and no.

People have been asking for Classic for a looooong time, now.

Since before I left, in fact.

So, around 6 years, at least.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    I don’t blame people for getting back into Wow classic. They are trying to re-live an experience they had years ago. But I think it will be short lived. It’s just nostalgia. Like watching Toy Story. Or watching Star Wars to see Princess Leia or Luke again, or the monster chessboard on the Millennium falcon. But everyone’s waiting for the next, new thing. And there really isn’t anything out yet.

I only tried WoW a month ago when performance in ESO was extremely bad and I was playing those quests like mad for 2 weeks with big pleasure until I get to lvl60 and then I realized I can't afford amount of time I need to invest to reach WoW end game and overall understanding of all classes mechanics, and so returned back to ESO for now. This has nothing to do with nostalgia, WoW is simply much better designed as a game. ESO (for me) is holding on it's legacy lore, unique combat system and multiplayer part. Since overland lacks multiplayer part and combat part is nullified by both lack of challenge and rewards, so lore is only thing which makes ESO quests worth doing. In my opinion, engaging gameplay+notable rewards+quality writing is better then voiced over lore writing. Maybe ESO was much better gameplay wise before One Tamriel, unfortunately I can only compare 2018 ESO to 2019 WoW.
    Hurbster wrote: »

Not a vanilla quest at all, and it's basically Rambo. One of the reasons I quit during Cataclysm, that and turning Westfall into a CSI homage.

Well, it's in the below 60 zone, so I thought it is vanilla. Doesn't matter, that quest line is engaging, rewarding and amazing. And one of the reasons why I consider ESO not immersive, is first thing you see starting playing as a Pact, are nords, lizards and dunmers happily smiling to each other. This is complete and utter BS, I may believe that they may be forced to be temporary allies, but still there will be hate and grudge on low levels, like soldiers. Nah, all 3 bloody enemies are like best friends. And then you are teleported to Auridon by Summerset prequel quest and fight against the Pact as AD in nearest point of interest. Only an year after that, on forum, I read that this is possible through a backtracking quest from Cadwell...
    You need whole online-guide with schemes of correct quest order to understand what is going on ESO. If this is good story design, idk...
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urusovite wrote: »
    But WoW Devs are actually listening to the players and uhh their game works

Hahahahahaha!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW ORCS!
    Grommash_wallpaper.jpg

ESO Orcs!

Such great comparsion. Let's switch that around shall we?

WoW orcs:
    Vj6g9PL.jpg

Elder Scrolls orcs:
    jyoqyNW.jpg
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    ...not thrilled about Cata, MoP was great.... but after that I just couldn't stand it any more. I've never been back, and won't be going back. Especially for "classic". "Classic grind"....

Couldn't agree more.

I did really like Uldum, though - that was my favourite WoW zone, pre-MoP.

Now I remember Uldum and Pandaria with pretty equal fondness. :)

Cata would have been better if it had all been like Uldum.

Pink sand...

I've always loved Uldum too! Have to agree about Cata for sure, at least it would have been nicer to play in though I still wouldn't have liked the content.

And yes, the original character models in WoW were fine for the most part. The "redo" was abysmal - another reason for never going there again. Oh, I too find the males in ESO my favorite "type", as you say!
  • vilio11
    vilio11
    ✭✭✭
    . Run into a delve, pick up a quest from an item, run around killing/looting things, turn in at a town with 1 minute of dialogue. .

I thin ESO quest are better but man I cant remember how my characters were involve in to quests about Ayleid ruins/delves.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I only tried WoW a month ago when performance in ESO was extremely bad and I was playing those quests like mad for 2 weeks with big pleasure until I get to lvl60 and then I realized I can't afford amount of time I need to invest to reach WoW end game and overall understanding of all classes mechanics, and so returned back to ESO for now. This has nothing to do with nostalgia, WoW is simply much better designed as a game. ESO (for me) is holding on it's legacy lore, unique combat system and multiplayer part. Since overland lacks multiplayer part and combat part is nullified by both lack of challenge and rewards, so lore is only thing which makes ESO quests worth doing. In my opinion, engaging gameplay+notable rewards+quality writing is better then voiced over lore writing. Maybe ESO was much better gameplay wise before One Tamriel, unfortunately I can only compare 2018 ESO to 2019 WoW.

Design is a personal preference. I enjoyed Wow for 4+ years before coming to ESO 4+ years ago. I started just when flying mounts came out so I remember running everywhere for 6 months before I could afford one. And still I was one of the first in my guild to have one.

I'm glad you are enjoying a game you only started a month ago. It's new for you so, of course, you should find excitement. But I've watched several streamers and I can see the "nostalgia." Believe me, they are trying to re-live their first experience. Whether it sticks remains to be seen. And just as any game, when players are running everywhere in the world, it's exciting. But I personally don't think it's gonna continue for so long. But hey, that's just my opinion.

By the way, the reason I left Wow was because at the time, you were forced to log in every day to do daily stuff so you could earn points. If you missed a day, you started to get behind. It became a chore. And then bots began over-running the battlegrounds. You'd have 6-7 multi-boxing bots running as one on a team of 10. It wasn't fun.

Of course, ESO is slowly dying in pvp. It still has a pop on the weekends. But yeah, basically, everyone is waiting for the next thing - especially performance wise. I just don't think a Classic re-do of Wow is it. But I hope you find fun there. Best wishes!