Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Which questlines reward with motifs or recipes

calexus1986
I'm trying to find what quests (outside of dailies with a chance to drop motifs) give rewards of either recipes or motifs. I know about the Orzorga questline in wrothgar but wanted to know if there's anymore. Cheers
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look in the Outlaws Refuge of The Brass Fortress. There's a questline that starts there.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadwell's silver with soul-shriven is the only motif I can think of.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get the orzorgha recipes from a wrothgar quest. Not on ESO right now, but I will update later to tell you the location later (or maybe someone else/Google can show you where on the map she is).
  • calexus1986
    wrothgar was the one I already knew, but thanks for all the replies so far
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msalvia wrote: »
    You get the orzorgha recipes from a wrothgar quest. Not on ESO right now, but I will update later to tell you the location later (or maybe someone else/Google can show you where on the map she is).

She's on the structure that's above the entrance to the Morkuldin crafting station, almost due north of the Shatul Wayshrine
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, doy, I clearly just read the headline, not the OP xD
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of Orzorga, there is a questline in the Outlaw's Refuge of Clockwork City that awards several recipes. Including the gold "Clockwork Citrus Filet" and the purple "Spring-Loaded Infusion."

The Spring-Loaded Infusion is nice because it's basically like any other CP150 purple tri-stat food, but scales from level 1 so you can use it on all your alts. It's a little pricier to make with the need for dwarven oil and water hyacinth, but it also opens up some other gear set avenues because I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a drink rather than food.

Also, regarding the motifs as rewards. There are a ton of DLC/chapter zone dailies that have the potential to reward motif chapters. I don't have the time at the moment to list all of them, but basically any daily quest in a DLC/Chapter zone has a chance at a zone-specific motif. In the base game, the mages guild public dungeon daily, fighters guild dolmen daily, and undaunted delve daily can all award the Draugr motif chapters.

Edit - Forgot the motif half of the question.
    Edited by Feric51 on August 26, 2019 1:39PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Think the rest are mostly festivals: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Special_Recipes
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where to find motif pages:

#15 Dwemer - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be looted from Dwemer pots and Dwemer urns, usually found in Dwemer ruins (though they can be found in other locations).
    #16 Glass - The entire book can be purchased from Rolis Hlaalu for 180 Writ Vouchers.
    #17 The Xivkyn - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can only be found in Trophy Vaults in the Imperial City.
    #18 Akaviri - chapters can only be bought from War Researchers in Cyrodiil using Alliance Points.
    #19 Mercenary - chapters (or rarely the entire book) are a possible reward for completing daily Undaunted pledges.
    #20 Yokudan - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing repeatable Craglorn quests.
    #21 Ancient Orc - chapters (or rarely the entire book) are rarely dropped by enemies in Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft
    #22 Trinimac - chapters can be found by completing Orsinium daily delve quests.
    #23 Malacath - chapters can be found by completing Orsinium daily World Boss quests.
    #24 Outlaw - chapters can be found by killing World and Delve bosses in Hew's Bane.
    #25 Aldmeri Dominion - chapters can be found in chests within the Imperial City as well as Cyrodiil but only by Aldmeri Dominion players.
    #26 Daggerfall Covenant - chapters can be found in chests within the Imperial City as well as Cyrodiil but only by Daggerfall Covenant players.
    #27 Ebonheart Pact - chapters can be found in chests within the Imperial City as well as Cyrodiil but only by Ebonheart Pact players.
    #28 Ra Gada Style - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing Focus Points, and very rarely found by killing Delve and World Bosses, opening locked Treasure Chests, or following Treasure Maps in Craglorn.
    #29 Soul-Shriven - can only be learned by completing Cadwell's Silver
    #30 Morag Tong - chapters can only be found in reward containers obtained from daily quests given by Beleru Omoril or Traylan Omoril.
    #31 Skinchanger - chapters can be found in the New Life Gift Box, available only during the New Life Festival
    #32 Abah's Watch - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found in the Large Laundered Shipment boxes obtained by completing the Thieves Guild Tip Board quests at the highest tier of rewards.
    #33 Thieves Guild - chapters can be found by completing Heists at the highest tier of rewards.
    #34 Assassins League - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found from world bosses and delve bosses in the Gold Coast.
    #35 Dro-m'Athra - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing the weekly quest to clear the Maw of Lorkhaj.
    #36 Dark Brotherhood - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing Sacraments for the Dark Brotherhood.
    #37 Ebony - chapters (or the entire book) can be bought from Rolis Hlaalu using Writ Vouchers.
    #38 Draugr - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing the daily Fighters Guild, Mages Guild and Undaunted delve dailies.
    #39 Minotaur - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing the quest Looming Shadows in the Gold Coast
    #40 Order of the Hour - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing the quest The Roar of the Crowds in the Gold Coast.
    #41 Celestial - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing weekly quests to clear the Craglorn trials.
    #42 Hollowjack - chapters can only be found in Plunder Skulls, which are dropped from bosses during the Witches Festival event.
    #43 Grim Harlequin - this book is only available from the Crown Store for limited periods.
    #44 Silken Ring - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by killing Velidreth in the Cradle of Shadows.
    #45 Mazzatun - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by killing Tree-Minder Na-Kesh within the Ruins of Mazzatun.
    #46 Stalhrim Frostcaster - this book was only available from the Crown Store for a limited period.
    #47 Buoyant Armiger - chapters can only be found in treasure chests around Vvardenfell.
    #48 Ashlander - chapters can only be found in reward containers obtained from daily quests given by Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar or Numani-Rasi.
    #49 Militant Ordinator - chapters can be bought from Battlegrounds Supplies Merchants using Alliance Points.
    #50 Telvanni - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be pickpocketed from citizens or looted from Safeboxes or Thieves Troves within Vvardenfell.
    #51 Redoran - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be pickpocketed from citizens or looted from Safeboxes or Thieves Troves within Vvardenfell.
    #52 Hlaalu - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be pickpocketed from citizens or looted from Safeboxesor Thieves Troves within Vvardenfell.
    #53 Tsaesci - this book was available for a short time from the Crown Store
    #54 Bloodforge - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by killing the Earthgore Amalgamwithin Bloodroot Forge.
    #55 Dreadhorn - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by killing Domihaus within Falkreath Hold.
    #56 Apostle - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing Repeatable Quests from Novice Holli, the Clockwork Facilitator, or Razgurug in the Brass Fortress.
    #57 Ebonshadow - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing Repeatable Quests for the Blackfeather Court from the Bursar of Tributes.
    #58 Fang Lair - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by killing Thurvokun within Fang Lair.
    #59 Scalecaller - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by killing Zaan the Scalecaller within Scalecaller Peak
    #60 Worm Cult - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found from 4th anniversary event boxes.
    #61 Psijic - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found from doing various activities in Summerset.
    #62 Sapiarch - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found from completing repeatable quests on behalf of the Divine Prosecution in Summerset Isle.
    #63 Dremora - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by obtaining Dremora Plunder Skullsduring the Witches Festival.
    #64 Pyandonean - chapters can be obtained from Crown Crates or purchased with Crown Gems, or found by fishing for a Pyandonean Bottle in Summerset.
    #65 Huntsman - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be obtained from completing March of Sacrifices on veteran mode
    #66 Silver Dawn - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be obtained from completing Moon House Keep dungeon on veteran mode.
    #67 Welkynar - individual chapters can be crafted by collecting ten Welkynar Style Motif Fragments which can be obtained by killing Z'Maja in Cloudrest on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies present. The harder the fight, the more motif fragments will drop.
    #68 Honor Guard - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be obtained by completing Blackrose Prison, with a higher chance of a drop on Veteran difficulty.
    #69 Dead-Water - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found inside Tribal Armor Crates that are rewarded for completing repeatable quests in Murkmire.
    #70 Elder Argonian - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found inside Tribal Armor Crates that are rewarded for completing repeatable quests in Murkmire to rebuild Root-Whisper Village.
    #71 Coldsnap - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by completing veteran Frostvault.
    #72 Meridian - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be obtained by completing veteran Depths of Malatar.
    #73 Anequina - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be found by doing daily quests for Ri'hirrand Nisuzi in Northern Elsweyr.
    #74 Pelletine - chapters (or rarely the entire book) can be a reward for doing daily Dragon Hunt quests in Rimmen.
    #75 Sunspire - chapters (or rarely the entire book) will be a reward for completing veteran Sunspire Trial.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Outside of Orzorga, there is a questline in the Outlaw's Refuge of Clockwork City that awards several recipes. Including the gold "Clockwork Citrus Filet" and the purple "Spring-Loaded Infusion."

The Spring-Loaded Infusion is nice because it's basically like any other CP150 purple tri-stat food, but scales from level 1 so you can use it on all your alts. It's a little pricier to make with the need for dwarven oil and water hyacinth, but it also opens up some other gear set avenues because I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a drink rather than food.

Also, regarding the motifs as rewards. There are a ton of DLC/chapter zone dailies that have the potential to reward motif chapters. I don't have the time at the moment to list all of them, but basically any daily quest in a DLC/Chapter zone has a chance at a zone-specific motif. In the base game, the mages guild public dungeon daily, fighters guild dolmen daily, and undaunted delve daily can all award the Draugr motif chapters.

Edit - Forgot the motif half of the question.

Is it better than Witchmothers, the recovery one? I know that is not perfect, but I mostly use that since I like the recovery.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it better than Witchmothers, the recovery one? I know that is not perfect, but I mostly use that since I like the recovery.

Yes, @FlopsyPrince, Clockwork Citrus Filet has slightly better stats than Witchmother’s ... but the cost to make it is much higher since one perfect roe is needed per crafting attempt.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, @FlopsyPrince, Clockwork Citrus Filet has slightly better stats than Witchmother’s ... but the cost to make it is much higher since one perfect roe is needed per crafting attempt.

I didn't realize it needed perfect roe. I would make the XP potion instead and sell it if I have extra of that. Thanks for the details though!
    PC
    PS4/PS5