Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

Declining Population

Orlacc
Orlacc
✭✭✭
The population on all PvP servers has dropped dramatically since the imposition on faction lock.......need to change something STAT. As a player who has been here since beta, I have toons of all three factions I have carefully curated for PvP, but only those eligible for the 30 day CP campaign have anyone to play with. Well intentioned but poorly executed.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same.
    I've mostly stopped playing PvP because the performance is absolute trash, now I only ever come to Cyro during nightcap time to easy-leech 25k AP for geodes. (or for a free port to wayshrine when the "can't port to house" bug hits)

Some of my friends are also taking a long break form PvP for the same reason of PvP being increasingly unplayable.
    Only one guildmate was complaining about faction lock, but that guy just complains about everything anyway.
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭
    I also have not been playing PvP due to performance.
  • OGNZ3
    OGNZ3
    ✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    Games performance has been poop for years, it's never changed. The performance isnt driving players away. It's the changes being made to the game that people don't like

Come consoles you’ll see what we call « bad perf » since Elsweyr game is like unplayable, no joke here
    Xbox One - EU
    GT : oRigin vll - 1498 CP
    Nephilims PvE Guild
    AR 50

PC - EU
    @ORIGIN_Z - 902 CP
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both faction lock and lag are to blame for the decline in Cyrodill population. Both problems should ba adressed.
  • NekoN3ko
    NekoN3ko
    ✭✭
    The crashing nonsense steered me away from this current 30 day camp - simply unplayable.

Doing BGs but that gets stale fast. Everything is stale right down to the combat. The rolling meta is not the answer to spicing up PvP.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serious question, how do we know population is declining? Is this information that ZOS publishes somewhere? Or is this just more forum logic, based around anecdotal evidence and how we "feel"? Cyro seems to be popping as usual for me...
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msalvia wrote: »
    Serious question, how do we know population is declining? Is this information that ZOS publishes somewhere? Or is this just more forum logic, based around anecdotal evidence and how we "feel"? Cyro seems to be popping as usual for me...

Population indicator on the campaigns. If they are usually locked at the time someone plays, but are increasingly not locked, then it is an indicator that fewer people are playing in the Campaign. It does not imply they left the game, just not playing in that particular Campaign.
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 331, so far!

• Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    Games performance has been poop for years, it's never changed. The performance isnt driving players away. It's the changes being made to the game that people don't like

Agreed, Game performance was always an issue since day 1. It's only gotten worse lately and those quitting/leaving PvP now are more than likely those who either accepted faction lock, support(ed?) it or had hopes ZOS would still remove it at some point. I myself quit PvP when faction lock hit months ago and I can safely say that I do not envy those who stayed around til now.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks don’t keep people from playing, they just prevent some people from playing all of their characters in a locked campaign. Horrendous lag and frequent disconnects affect all players to varying degrees. Seems obvious to me which one is having more affect on Cyrodiil populations.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGNZ3 wrote: »
    faction lock + game performances + ZoS communication = declining population

Something's changed more recently, I suspect, because the in-game price of Alliance motifs has gone the roof (especially on NA).
    PC NA, PC EU
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Performance on XNA is roughly the same as what it always has been for me.

Population, however, has decreased dramatically. As predicted.

Edited by Mr_Walker on August 26, 2019 2:20AM