Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Real Poll about this "Limited Craft Bag" idea.

JusticeForJilarga
JusticeForJilarga
✭✭✭
This one has seen an idea that while JusticeForJilarga disagrees with, wanted to see how many people really think it's a good idea with an unbiased poll.
Here are some points that JusticeForJilarga makes in favour against
  1. It devalues the Pro Subscription.
  2. It is such a petty amount that this one doubts it would change the game for anyone serious about the game.
  3. There are plenty of other storage options.
Edited by JusticeForJilarga on August 21, 2019 9:00PM
Leader Of The Children Of Razum Dar Guild (Khajiit Guild) on All 6 MegaServers

Khajiit Quote Of The Day.
"These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."

Real Poll about this "Limited Craft Bag" idea. 194 votes

Yes Justice for Jilarga. there should be a "Limited Craft Bag" because......
17%
Ethoirjonathanb16_ESOIruil_ESONebthet78RunkorkoArwyrLucyferLightbringeryRavenJ2JMCCasulJhalinSatanasTommy_The_GunShardan4968KurkikohtausElectrone_MagnusTigerseyeRaisinhuschdeguddzjeArgelorn 34 votes
No Justice for Jilarga, there should never be a "Limited Craft Bag" because.......
82%
NestorMaddjujutheskymovesvailjohn_ESOdarthgummibear_ESOPinesyThorntongueAnimal_MotherDarcyMardinBigMJahoelwenchmore420b14_ESOxaraanArrodisiaaubrey.baconb16_ESOAlienSlofzariapurple-magicb16_ESOdennissomb16_ESOZephiran23 160 votes
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Justice for Jilarga, there should never be a "Limited Craft Bag" because.......
    Because it's an important part of the subscription which shouldn't be offered to non-subscribers even in a diluted form.

Also because it's just an excuse for hoarding, and an excuse for not subscribing.
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best option for me would be the craft bag for a limited time for new players. For example, offer the craft bag for one month.

At the very start players have a minimum of character and bank space, upgrades cost gold, that new players don't have, and training the mount takes time. A new player can't also be expected to rely on their housing storage, not to mention managing the inventory between alts instead of playing the game they are just starting to play.

I also think it's not "best practise" to ask people to pay to play and then asking for more money right away, before they even have a chance to play the game and decide if it's for them or not.

So let new players play for a bit without the burden of managing the inventory, give them time to get the gold they need to buy the upgrades and the time they need to upgrade their mount, at least a little, and then take the training wheels off :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who resolutely does not subscribe, even for the Craft Bag...

The Craft Bag will never be added in limited form beyond the free ESO+ trials. Nor should it.

Its the best "value added" part that's exclusive to ESO+.

(I don't subscribe because I dont want to Pay for Convenience on a monthly basis. Therefore, I've invested a large amount of time and gold into managing my inventory without the Crafting Bag, with a couple mules, full bank space, and all the storage chests. I also take full advantage of the free ESO+ trials to stock up on mats for writs. Its very possible for a dedicated player without a hoarding urge to manage without ESO+...and I do have the hoarding urge.

And that's why I don't expect ZOS to ever release a limited Crafting Bag. They want players to either invest their time and effort OR pay for convenience.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 21, 2019 9:27PM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, you made a good case against it...
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disincentivizes subbing
    Devalues the sub
    Potential loss for ZoS
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there should be a limited bag in the ways proposed, but having a gold sink option would be fine by me. Say 50k per 10 slots. Give or take.
    PvP needs more love.
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    It is really the only reason to sub in this game, if there was more for ESO+ (like furniture bags etc) then maybe (a very limited) non sub crafting bag.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Because it's an important part of the subscription which shouldn't be offered to non-subscribers even in a diluted form.

Also because it's just an excuse for hoarding, and an excuse for not subscribing.

Exactly.

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    because Zo$ have splashed that yellow rain on the subscribers a lot and even their stupidest marketing people know it would be the final straw for a lot of people who have supported the game with no actual additional income stream for them

as long as your case can be summed up as 'gimme something that people will pay for for free' then you are pretty much doomed.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would subscribe even without a crafting bag because the cost is a bargain compared to other forms of entertainment. That said some do specifically subscribe for the bag. I doubt they would end their subscriptions if a small bag for non subscribers were to be introduced but they would probably feel snubbed.

The crafting bag is convenient but not necessary so it might as well stay sub only. No need for ZoS to chance upsetting the players willing to pay for the game each month.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should they bother?
    /tread
    Will you pay back more than the loss?

Now make this an buff Khaiit tread, poor Jilarga have to work all the time to clean the wayshrine because all the fitly casuals, other wayshines don't need to be regularly cleaned.
    Support hard working Kahiit
    m003F0sh.png
    qNOwWGO.gif
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then no complaints about partially looted chests or nodes.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Why should they bother?
    /tread
    Will you pay back more than the loss?

Now make this an buff Khaiit tread, poor Jilarga have to work all the time to clean the wayshrine because all the fitly casuals, other wayshines don't need to be regularly cleaned.
    Support hard working Kahiit
    m003F0sh.png
    qNOwWGO.gif

This one thinks Jilarga is worst. Most times when This one is there Jillarga has been murdered needlessly! #JusticeForJilarga

"These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A limited craft bag is completely pointless.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The craftbag is an extra incentive for people who sub to ESO+, to give that away, even partially, would be wrong, it devalues the subscription, without lowering the price.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

^
    agreed
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does ZOS ever think about the game seriously ?
    2 new chapters and DLCs each years , more and more new sets and relative components .

There is one thing no change , the game inventory size .

Maybe you guys are still busy on fixing the last year bugs ?
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't sub and i never will, i just don't see the point of this though. why is it needed?
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    Orjix wrote: »
    don't sub and i never will, i just don't see the point of this though. why is it needed?

That's exactly what this one thinks!
    Edited by JusticeForJilarga on August 22, 2019 2:22AM

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Does ZOS ever think about the game seriously ?
    2 new chapters and DLCs each years , more and more new sets and relative components .

There is one thing no change , the game inventory size .

Maybe you guys are still busy on fixing the last year bugs ?

You haven't seen the storage chests you can stick in a house?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think there should be a limited craft bag provided.

I sub to ESO+ full time, but I constantly hear from people who can't afford to do so, so can't really craft at all.

I think that is far too draconian - far too all, or nothing.

Especially as other games, like GW2, offer fairly generous limited craft bags without a sub.

There are other things that have already been added, and plenty more could still be added to the game, for subscribers, to make ESO+ seem more attractive.

Plus the fact that it is an unlimited craft bag, as opposed to one that only holds a few stacks of each mat, at most, would make it still seem somewhat worthwhile, along with all the other perks.

Also, people often say to me that they would sub and buy chapters if the prices were more in tune with the prices in the countries they live in.

If everything in a country costs a 10th of what it does in the West, of course that means most people in that country can't afford/justify the prices.

Seems to me, therefore, that local pricing would be a good idea?

As some money would, presumably, be better than none, from ZoS's point of view.

Not saying the local pricing would necessarily have to be a 1/10 of the price, in these countries, but even if it was a 1/5, or a 1/4, of the price, that would probably help a lot.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 22, 2019 4:37AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orjix wrote: »

S/he's asking if you would like a limited capacity crafting bag, to hold your mats, without subbing.

As opposed to the unlimited one you can only get with ESO+.

If you don't see the point, I assume you don't gather much, or craft?
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then no complaints about partially looted chests or nodes.

🙄 Think again.
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    1. the assertion that the proposed craft bag of 20 items each for non eso + subscribers somehow devalues the eso + subscribers is false, misleading and based on conjecture.

the bank space that non eso + subscribers in no way devalues the double bank space that eso + subscribers receive. Also the housing space that non eso+ subscribers receive in no way devalues the double housing space that eso+ subscribers receive. Finally the transmute crystal space that non eso+ subscribers receive in no way devalues the double currency space for transmute crystals that eso+ subscribers receive. If anything the adding of a small craft bag space of a single stack of 20 count for each craft of item would like increase the value of the eso+ subscription and improve the quality of the game for non eso+ subscribers. And really, not allowing some small craft bag for people who cant subscribe to eso+ is just plain stingy.

If OP is going to make an assertion that a small craftbag space would devalue the eso+ subscribers then a. he would have to argue that the housing space, bank space and transmute crystal space also do the same and b. he would have to back up that argument with actual facts. OP has done none of those things.

2. Who is the OP to judge that someone is or isnt a serious player based on their eso+ subscription. His doubts are not facts but the exact opposite of a fact. Al;so why does it need to change the game only for people OP considers serious. How is that a criteria anyone must meet?

3. If OP believes there are plenty of other storage option then why isn't OP not subbing to eso+ and playing with only those other storage options themselves? they could easily save themselves 15$ us a month. In fact i challenge the op to buy a new account, delete their old account, and play without subbing to eso+ using all those other storage options only..

Just look at all the things an eso+ sub gets a person. The popular assertion that the craftbag is the only thing of value in an eso+ sub is so far from the truth it isnt even funny.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/esoplus

StXhL6S4UcgQaepagOLhP1wwzfnhnp0Zbgkh-u88ULa4rrbSVEEmf-LcoOI=w2400

Every other storage option for eso+ subscribers has a smaller amount available for non eso+ subscribers except for the craftbag. That's what's unfair as well as stingy.

A small craftbag space would be valuabe to non eso+ subscribers, in no way devalues the eso+ subscription, and is more consistent with the other storage options in eso that allow some space for non eso+ subscribers and a much larger space for eso + subscribers.

All arguments to the contrary seem to operate from a zero-sum game. There is no evidence to supprt a zero-sum game, such as the OP suggests. And the OP offers none.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-sum_game

In game theory and economic theory, a zero-sum game is a mathematical representation of a situation in which each participant's gain or loss of utility is exactly balanced by the losses or gains of the utility of the other participants. If the total gains of the participants are added up and the total losses are subtracted, they will sum to zero. Thus, cutting a cake, where taking a larger piece reduces the amount of cake available for others, is a zero-sum game if all participants value each unit of cake equally (see marginal utility).

In contrast, non-zero-sum describes a situation in which the interacting parties' aggregate gains and losses can be less than or more than zero. A zero-sum game is also called a strictly competitive game while non-zero-sum games can be either competitive or non-competitive. Zero-sum games are most often solved with the minimax theorem which is closely related to linear programming duality,[1] or with Nash equilibrium.

And Finally, i am in fact an eso+ subscriber and have no intention of quitting my sub. I like selling those crowns in game for in game gold, i also appreciate having access to all the dlc, as well as the other bouses to gold, exp, dying costumes, etc.

dBymTRW0APTB6A8ow9E0G2TPX0XEJxHlyr48dup_qHT7pOF2dEGCLdeDV6s=w2400

Addendum: I have 1700 crowns for sale also if you have a need.
    Edited by Hazurko_RaShan on August 22, 2019 6:39AM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you call it "the REAL poll" doesn't make it more relevant than all the other polls on this toppic
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Just because you call it "the REAL poll" doesn't make it more relevant than all the other polls on this toppic

This one has called it a real poll because unlike the other topic you can actually vote "Yes" or "No". That is better then one that can only vote one way, yes?

• Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if it "devalues my subscription" or some nonsense like that, I just think a limited craft bag is stupid. Do a whole bag or don't bother, but being able to stuff what, 20 of every resource into the thing is so pointless and not really helpful at all.

I'd rather they just decluttered the inventory in general. No more pet fragments and costume fragments and museum pieces and tomb rubbings and treasure maps and all that other garbage I'm hoarding because it doesn't get a separate storage space. Get rid of it already!
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Performance is already valid reason to not sub so there is no need for an excuse. Also a crippled craft bag would just be useless to players and waste of dev time.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    Performance is already valid reason to not sub so there is no need for an excuse. Also a crippled craft bag would just be useless to players and waste of dev time.

This one thinks that is a good point. JusticeForJilarga doesn't think there's a good amount that wouldn't be useless to players or insulting to those who buy ESO+.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly wouldn't complain if a limited crafting bag was available, but I don't mind not having it. I've got a system in place which keeps all my materials organised and easy to find and I'm not using all the storage space I currently have even without maxing it out.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"