The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU economy ruined

labambao
labambao
✭✭✭✭
All know with that multiple bidding bug all leads of trading guilds get refunded their bids in x4 or even more. Literally billions of free gold.
For example at Saturday tempering alloy was selling 3.5k - 4k
At Monday evening cheapest price is 25k.
What are we playing, Venezuela online?
Don't be a *** zos, just reset EU as it was before apocalypse.

EU economy ruined 206 votes

Reset
79% 163 votes
I am okay with that prices.
20% 43 votes
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the other multitudes of threads asking for this very same thing wasn't enough?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather take these prices over a server reset. I doubt they are capable of resetting only the economy and not everything else. You have to remember, people were doing lots of vMA still and you wouldn't want that to be reset.

Now look at the bright side. Fixed gold cost items effectively got cheaper. Houses, bag and bank space upgrades etc. The economy will recover eventually.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on August 19, 2019 7:43PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Brexit and we've moved onto WTO tariffs
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "economy", such as it is, has been bad for a while, anyway, for the things I used to buy.

Obviously, this current situation is ridiculous, but it no longer affects me in terms of buying mats, as I gave up doing that long ago.

If they could reset the guild bids, without rolling everything else back, of course I would be for it.

If not, I guess we will just have to wait a week?

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

You mean.. outlandish hyperbole is proven false by easily producible counter evidence? Who'd have thought...
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good times for zonechat sellers.
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is atrocious if true. In one of the last MMOs I played had something similar happen with duplicated gold being circulated in the game.

It ruined the in-game economy for years. A decent amount of the perpetrators were banned (players were able to exploit it at their whim so that was the difference), but by then the damage was done. I hope it doesn't have the same consequences for you EU folks :neutral:
    Edited by Vicinia on August 19, 2019 7:58PM
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gangster style system, gangster style outcome.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If something is overpriced, dont buy it. Go farm your own or do daily crafting writs until people grow a brain and drop prices.
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wtb chicken little sky is falling meme
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is it. Final nail in the coffin for EU... RIP...
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing we have thousands of botters in this game. They'll stabilize prices in no time. This is why ZOS doesn't ban them. They need them for situations like this.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »
    All know with that multiple bidding bug all leads of trading guilds get refunded their bids in x4 or even more. Literally billions of free gold.
    What are we playing, Venezuela online?
    Don't be a *** zos, just reset EU as it was before apocalypse.

Your ignorance shows how badly you understand what exactly happened today.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y6Yvf0D.png
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

You mean.. outlandish hyperbole is proven false by easily producible counter evidence? Who'd have thought...

As far as I know TTC is not reliable. I'm pretty sure there are loads of spoofed entries, the prices given are listing prices, not sale prices, and listings are often picked up by purchasers, therefore removed immediately from the market but still uploaded. Someone flipping items while using TTC is going to post a lot of cheap entries, none of which will be available. I have managed to find a handful of good deals with it, but it's by far the exception rather than the rule.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    mairwen85 wrote: »

As far as I know TTC is not reliable. I'm pretty sure there are loads of spoofed entries, the prices given are listing prices, not sale prices, and listings are often picked up by purchasers, therefore removed immediately from the market but still uploaded. Someone flipping items while using TTC is going to post a lot of cheap entries, none of which will be available. I have managed to find a handful of good deals with it, but it's by far the exception rather than the rule.

I get what you're saying. But here's a thought: post a non-spoofed temp selling at 25k. That's all the other poster had to do. Or better still show multiple stores selling at inflated prices. When you make a claim, back it up and all disagreement disappears. No one is saying this isn't a *** situation... But people are exaggerating which doesn't help to improve it.
    Edited by mairwen85 on August 20, 2019 6:14AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4k alloy in Craglorn. Tamriel Traiders Guild still there.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we too late for a reset. They MUST find a way to address this though. I'm from NA but I really sympathize with my EU siblings and ALSO maybe we got lucky in NA? Or maybe there will be the same bug you guys had this on NA next week? How can we be safe????
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here since 2015, and only heard about that duplicating bug from 2014, allowed people to make ton of gold.
    Did that bug ruin ESO economy those days?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    here since 2015, and only heard about that duplicating bug from 2014, allowed people to make ton of gold.
    Did that bug ruin ESO economy those days?

On console switch yes, as people pooled guild gold before the transfer so day 1 console had multi millions who ran the who for years.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame anyone who got the money back. If you got the money back greater than what you bid you should have made a ticket and requested them to take the gold. It was an honor system and now you know all trade guilds are no longer honorable.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    I blame anyone who got the money back. If you got the money back greater than what you bid you should have made a ticket and requested them to take the gold. It was an honor system and now you know all trade guilds are no longer honorable.

Xd ye, not honorable, when i asked my gm in the social guild if she got enough cash from the shenanigans to buy all crafting stations for the guild house(as a joke, of course), she answered that probably yes, but it is her trade guild's gold. Everyone has their own code of honor. And i am sure some reported the issue. U know. With a ticket. Not that you will know of it. While i agree some did dishonest things, "all trade guilds" is total ***.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not fine with the prices, but also I am against a reset/restore. Now it is to late for that.

As a solution, they could increase the drop rate for these mats for a few hours (even though I don't think it is so easy), or they could flood the market with cheaper mats.

Potent nirncrux was 20k yesterday... I had to travel from a trade hub to an other for almost a hour to find under 15k. Tempers were also very expensive.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should've been a third option here, since the first 2 biased. OP is misinformed. My guilds are still selling everything at normal prices. I've also seen some of the other guilds selling at near normal prices. One of the problems is, guilds aren't where they should be. Some of them have no spot this week, since the brilliant non trade guilds thought it would be funny to sit in Deshaan, Rawlka, Craglorn, Eldenroot.......... It's nothing a patch can't fix if done properly. Everything will be back to normal in a few days, if we don't panic.
    Edited by Arrodisia on August 20, 2019 9:26PM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not on EU so didn't vote

But seriously just because some idiots buy up all the stock of an item and list them at stupid prices, does not mean you have to pay those prices.

Just hold off on buying things for a week or two, there is no rush to gold out gear.

Once those raising the prices realize people are not willing to pay the prices they are listing stuff for the prices will go back down.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »

So go out and farm some and sell it cheaper. Guess who's will sell first and maybe just set a new price level?

They'll only get 25k if someone is willing to pay it.

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

It's going to be the end of the world, right? woooo scary to leave the EU?

*rolls eyes*

Get outta here.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

Project Fear! :D

Eh, maybe that'd be a good title for a DLC ;) (do I get commission?)