The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Has defence left the game?

• Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gzorbditw wrote: »
    Just feels like everyone is doing more damage after the patch. I know my magicka warden defenitly is.

could it not be that there are more inexperienced ppl and less premades going around these days ?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    Gzorbditw wrote: »
    Just feels like everyone is doing more damage after the patch. I know my magicka warden defenitly is.

could it not be that there are more inexperienced ppl and less premades going around these days ?

Maybe. First thing I noticed after the patch was premades were dominating.

It could be an influx of newer players or people trying alts/new builds, but definitely noticed a difference. Typically there are enough good solo players that a premade doesn’t make much of a difference.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 22, 2019 5:45AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    TBois wrote: »
    The protection buffs are more mitigation than stacking resistances. Also passive heals are better for the dot meta. Maybe try pariah/alessian/troll king

i am trying this build right now, pariah alessian and trollking. Doesn't work, i take 6k frags 6k executes, etc. Just about the same damage i take on my light armor mage build. I tried switching trollking with bloodspawn, a bit better results but can't tank two people. I can survive one guy forever but the second guy comes, pressure becomes too big. I am stamdk and i talk about battlegrounds, so noCP.

if someone can help me building to survive 2+ people, whisper me please. I know resistances are less important than protection buffs, but what else i can apply? i have minor protection up from an ability, but major protection i can't have. I also apply minor maim from low slash.

quoting myself again, what's those builds that tank 2+ people in BG ?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The protection buffs are more mitigation than stacking resistances. Also passive heals are better for the dot meta. Maybe try pariah/alessian/troll king

i am trying this build right now, pariah alessian and trollking. Doesn't work, i take 6k frags 6k executes, etc. Just about the same damage i take on my light armor mage build. I tried switching trollking with bloodspawn, a bit better results but can't tank two people. I can survive one guy forever but the second guy comes, pressure becomes too big. I am stamdk and i talk about battlegrounds, so noCP.

if someone can help me building to survive 2+ people, whisper me please. I know resistances are less important than protection buffs, but what else i can apply? i have minor protection up from an ability, but major protection i can't have. I also apply minor maim from low slash.

Ok I'll work backwards and just tell you a build that can tank like a pro last I checked:

Health sorc.

Let's see....

Try This Link

Now to update the build, just off the top of my head: I'd switch protective trait to health, then change Plague Dr. To Fortified brass, it should come out to about the same health as the newly nerfed Dr and more resistance than the old protective trait.

Then change the second set probably to a new proc set (first comes to mind is that dot dmg one maybe) again if just wanting to tank another strong choice is warrior poet

Any monster helm, earthgore for more not dying.

With so much health and passive healing clannfear heals for 11k easily non crit.

Abilities would have to be adjusted for some of the changes, but there was plenty of wiggle room anyway
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok I'll work backwards and just tell you a build that can tank like a pro last I checked:

Health sorc.

Let's see....

Try This Link

Now to update the build, just off the top of my head: I'd switch protective trait to health, then change Plague Dr. To Fortified brass, it should come out to about the same health as the newly nerfed Dr and more resistance than the old protective trait.

Then change the second set probably to a new proc set (first comes to mind is that dot dmg one maybe) again if just wanting to tank another strong choice is warrior poet

With so much health and passive healing clannfear heals for 11k easily non crit.

Abilities would have to be adjusted for some of the changes, but there was plenty of wiggle room anyway
    I think you're underestimating the changes to damage and mitigation, especially when people are focus firing.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Health sorc.

Let's see....

Try This Link

I think you're underestimating the changes to damage and mitigation, especially when people are focus firing.

I very well could be and why I stated "last I checked"

Also console so no update yet for me.

Anyway, it's an example of what he wanted that I happened to have. I'm sure there's some spiffy new sets I know nothing about as well

I'll be more informed once it goes live on xbox
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    i didnt theorycraft this at all. im using stonekeeper monsterset for example. it isnt as u say appearantly. i think im around 27 k resistances buffed on that build. thats not high at all.
    after reading what u wrote i randomly joined a match with my pve gear and selected a few skills that seemed usefull.
    i know tanks in pvp who are tanking 4 ppl while using mystic guard on the healer and support healing the team using resto ult all the time as sorc. its quite annoying.compared to those guys on my friendlist im ***. nonetheless i dont understand how u can complain when u can tank 3 ppl without skill, effort and theorycraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8-0xvd7Bc&feature=youtu.be

Where do I find those Solanum tuberosum?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique