Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

I just figured out what ZOS is trying to do by nerfing Power Surge for Sorcs.

LightMaster7
LightMaster7
✭✭✭✭
He is creating a money drain so that Sorcs are always supposed to be running Spell Power pots.

This is freaking *** considering how hard collecting Corn Flower is and how expensive it is in the game.

if this is their idea of getting rid of the excess money supply it's a stupid one.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their making us use constant Spell Power Pots for Maj Sorcery and slot Crit Surge for heals.

    Freaking BS!
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also realized that they NERFED DEGENERATION also because now it returns MAGICKA for lgiht and heavy damage when before it healed you also.

    Really *** unacceptable.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really *** underhanded and dirty this change to cause a money sink for sorcs. *** this game.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    If that was true they would have removed it from entropy too.

    The point is slotting entropy would require 2 slots when Power Surge or Degeneration only requires 1 skill slot man. C'mon catch on already.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    If that was true they would have removed it from entropy too.

    The point is slotting entropy would require 2 slots when Power Surge or Degeneration only requires 1 skill slot man. C'mon catch on already.

    To maintain the same skills with the same setup and slots, Sorcs are essentially forced to use spell pots and slot crit surge for heals for that extra dps (maj sorcery).

    its rigged man.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

    yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

    Dude your not fooling anyone.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    If that was true they would have removed it from entropy too.

    The point is slotting entropy would require 2 slots when Power Surge or Degeneration only requires 1 skill slot man. C'mon catch on already.

    Why would slotting Entropy require 2 slots? Especially if Degeneration requires 1?

    Dude you dont only need entropy but you also need crit surge for heals...c'mon man do you even understand the issue?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Structured Entropy Heals you and gives you Major Sorcery.
    PS4 NA 1100+ CP
    Have played all classes.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Structured Entropy Heals you and gives you Major Sorcery.

    Heals of structured entropy is a complete crap.
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

    yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

    Dude your not fooling anyone.

    Just a quick note that Alchemy surveys and writ rewards often give Corn Flower. I do the daily writs on several alts and get quite a few of the flowers per week. So it's not unusual for people to have a good supply without farming.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

    “You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

    Because it deals pretty good damage?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

    yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

    Dude your not fooling anyone.

    Not trying to fool anyone. Back in the day before I got into guild trading and didn't have ESO+ I'd sell stacks of it to the vendor. It and wormwood. Can't go ten feet without finding either of them. Plus when I do a stack of alchemy surveys I almost always have a 1/3rd or more with cornflower.

    Back to the topic though, definitely not an elaborate gold sink, plus spell power pots are used by other mag classes too.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

    Because it deals pretty good damage?

    It dealt better damage without having to remove a slot for crit surge AND entropy.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

    yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

    Dude your not fooling anyone.

    Not trying to fool anyone. Back in the day before I got into guild trading and didn't have ESO+ I'd sell stacks of it to the vendor. It and wormwood. Can't go ten feet without finding either of them. Plus when I do a stack of alchemy surveys I almost always have a 1/3rd or more with cornflower.

    Back to the topic though, definitely not an elaborate gold sink, plus spell power pots are used by other mag classes too.

    exactly what did you prove man? That you were able to get a little corn flower faster than other people? It still rare and costs a ***?

    Exactly what was your point? Did you have any point to back up that it isn't? Or even disproved that corn flower was "easy" to get?? Like I said who are you fooling man? People; who actually play this game knows how expensive and rare it is.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    what's with the weird conspiracy theories this update?

    really? they buffed entropy so that people would buy the mages guild skill line

    wait, surge was nerfed on the last pts so that people have to run entropy which means they will have to buy mages guild!

    no wait, surge was nerfed so that people have to buy spell power pots!

    did it ever occur to you that maybe the change happened because worcs needed a buff to healing and someone thought this was a good idea and completely over looked the impact on dps sorcs? If you check the pts you'll see that they were going make it so that any crit healed everyone and the PTS forum lost their minds because it was obviously OP and then they did this change.

    Hanlon's razor

    Just saying.

    And did you ever think to read what you wrote here and think gosh I am *** naive?

    It doesn't matter man, I'm leaving for good after my eso sub runs out. I've had enough of this ***.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

    Because it deals pretty good damage?

    It dealt better damage without having to remove a slot for crit surge AND entropy.

    Are you being obtuse on purpose? Entropy is not replacing power surge. It's replacing one of your AOE damage abilities that just got nerfed (probably liquid lightning) and if you want a self heal then you can run crit surge instead of power surge.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

    yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

    Dude your not fooling anyone.

    Not trying to fool anyone. Back in the day before I got into guild trading and didn't have ESO+ I'd sell stacks of it to the vendor. It and wormwood. Can't go ten feet without finding either of them. Plus when I do a stack of alchemy surveys I almost always have a 1/3rd or more with cornflower.

    Back to the topic though, definitely not an elaborate gold sink, plus spell power pots are used by other mag classes too.

    exactly what did you prove man? That you were able to get a little corn flower faster than other people? It still rare and costs a ***?

    Exactly what was your point? Did you have any point to back up that it isn't? Or even disproved that corn flower was "easy" to get?? Like I said who are you fooling man? People; who actually play this game knows how expensive and rare it is.

    Lol. You called me out for trying to "fool" people. My example was to show you that, me, myself, and I have no problem with a cornflower supply. I do know how much folks are willing to pay, and it goes completely against your argument for a gold sink.

    Vendors don't sell cornflower. Other players do. So if you buy cornflower, you are spreading money around the system, not taking it out of the system.

    There is no possible gold sink in buying anything from the guild traders.

    Who isn't playing the game? lol
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

    Because it deals pretty good damage?

    It dealt better damage without having to remove a slot for crit surge AND entropy.

    Are you being obtuse on purpose? Entropy is not replacing power surge. It's replacing one of your AOE damage abilities that just got nerfed (probably liquid lightning) and if you want a self heal then you can run crit surge instead of power surge.

    Dude are you obtuse or something? DEGENERATION ALREADY HAD IT BOTH Before in its old form. I could have just slotted DEGENERATION as the OLD FORM for heals but event THAT *** got nerfed. Like WTF? Exactly what is your point? You still have to SLOT 2 skills instead of just 1.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...
    This, don't assume maleficence then incompetence is an way simpler explanation.

    We talking about the same guys who removed poison resistance from Argonians and gave it to Bosmer while giving Argonians disease resistance after all.

    I think that some deep conspiracy is very unlikely.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...
    This, don't assume maleficence then incompetence is an way simpler explanation.

    We talking about the same guys who removed poison resistance from Argonians and gave it to Bosmer while giving Argonians disease resistance after all.

    I think that some deep conspiracy is very unlikely.

    So then its just stupidity.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    OP should probably change his name to salt master.

    Btw can I make a petition to add a tinfoil hat to the game? Jeez.
    [PS4/EU]

    PSN: Nihirisutou

    CP: 650+

    FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

    Because it deals pretty good damage?

    It dealt better damage without having to remove a slot for crit surge AND entropy.

    Are you being obtuse on purpose? Entropy is not replacing power surge. It's replacing one of your AOE damage abilities that just got nerfed (probably liquid lightning) and if you want a self heal then you can run crit surge instead of power surge.

    Dude are you obtuse or something? DEGENERATION ALREADY HAD IT BOTH Before in its old form. I could have just slotted DEGENERATION as the OLD FORM for heals but event THAT *** got nerfed. Like WTF? Exactly what is your point? You still have to SLOT 2 skills instead of just 1.

    My point is that you're gonna have a hard time crafting a build where you won't be getting Major Sorcery from using Entropy which contradicts your idea that ZOS is trying to get you to chuck potions.
    Whatever, it's getting late and I don't see much point in continuing this discussion.
    Have fun.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    The point is ZOS deliberately took Sorcerer Critical Heal in a MAJOR skill for Sorcs and gave them absolutely nothing fore reccompense after nerfing our shield AND our dps in previous patches.

    THAT *** RIGHT THERE IS COMPLETE BS.
Sign In or Register to comment.