Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

I just figured out what ZOS is trying to do by nerfing Power Surge for Sorcs.

  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More likely they’re making entropy look a lot more attractive now that you can buy skill lines for money. My theory is that they’re finally allowing people to level their toons with money because the game is nearing the final phase of its life and this is probably one of the last ways to squeeze money out of it.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't really a gold sink though. Picking herbs costs zero gold. Buying herbs just causes the gold to trade hands for the most part.

    AVFv.gif
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tlf6cIS.gif
    PC/NA
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think you're just paranoid

    the change is pretty obviously intended to give sorc healers something unique to work with

    but yeah i guess everything's just all about you isn't it
    i stream eso here
    join the ZOS PLS BUFF ARGONIAN ARMY today!!!!!
    before you make that post, ask yourself; "am i being a contrarian for the sake of it?"
    morrowind is not a good game but the expansion will probably be okay nvm lol
    characters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian stamsorc - lvl 50 (main)
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer magdk - lvl 50 (secondary main)
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Bosmer stamden healer - lvl 50 (based on my Dragon Age: Inquisition character)
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian petsorc - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian magcro - lvl 44 (meh)
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc stamdk - lvl 50 (Inspired by Sinh the Dragon from Dark Souls 2)
    • EP - M - Star-of-Arcane - Argonian magplar - lvl 5
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton magblade - lvl 50
    • EP -M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamplar - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering how hard collecting Corn Flower is and how expensive it is in the game.

    ROTFL

    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]

    1190 CP
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess so. Money drain is a thing that affects all players in games.
    Ergo all players in eso are sorc.
    Ergo sorc was op. Now stop crying.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humm. I just play degeneration so i get Major Sorcery. I also play Critical Surge so i keep heals. Not half as good as matriarch heal on demand, but seems the best solution possible. Tried to use matriarch but its DPS sucks that much that wasn´t worth the 2 slots.

    So my defences are Empowered Ward + Cricital Surge, and my offences are Scamp + loads of dots.

    That´s Sorc´s life nowadays. Adapt or you wont be happy with what you got.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭
    He is creating a money drain so that Sorcs are always supposed to be running Spell Power pots.

    This is freaking *** considering how hard collecting Corn Flower is and how expensive it is in the game.

    if this is their idea of getting rid of the excess money supply it's a stupid one.

    If you have gold...you can buy these pots, too. Gold is a virtual currency, where you can sell your drops of gear and other items. Can be addictive, though.
  • MrBumblefoot
    MrBumblefoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you still arguing with a guy who actually thinks that Degeneration was nerfed?
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    If that was true they would have removed it from entropy too.

    The point is slotting entropy would require 2 slots when Power Surge or Degeneration only requires 1 skill slot man. C'mon catch on already.

    ?????

    Entropy morphs into either Structured Entropy or Dengeneration, IDK what you mean with slotting entropy requires 2 slots? do you maybe mean magelight or bound aegis or matriarch?
    Im genuinely confused by what you say.
    Edited by ATomiX69 on August 14, 2019 11:19AM
    smurf account
    got banned on main forum account for no reason OkayChamp
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) btw.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    If that was true they would have removed it from entropy too.

    The point is slotting entropy would require 2 slots when Power Surge or Degeneration only requires 1 skill slot man. C'mon catch on already.

    ?????

    Entropy morphs into either Structured Entropy or Dengeneration, IDK what you mean with slotting entropy requires 2 slots? do you maybe mean magelight or bound aegis or matriarch?
    Im genuinely confused by what you say.

    While I wholeheartedly disagree with the OP, I think he is saying that prior to this patch he could get major sorcery and healing from one skill. Now he gets healing from 1 skill (Crit Surge) and Major Sorcery from Degeneration.

    What is confusing is that OP seems to be changing their argument and mainly attempting to antagonize those that are commenting below.

    I think his original point had nothing to do with Degeneration, but rather having to use spell power pots to compensate for lack of major sorcery and some grand conspiracy theory that it's all part of a plan to sink gold into Corn Flower sales. Although, as has been pointed out already, farming / selling corn flower results in 0 gold sink.

    Confused OP. Confused argument. No wonder everyone is getting confused.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

    Well, Apparently Power-Surge is now rubbish.

    So the argument "I could slot powersurge" is about as useful as a chocolate coffeepot.

    So it seems, if you want the same things Powersurge used to give you do NEED to slot Entropy.


    BTW: Just logged into my Crafter on PC-EU, sitting on over 600 Corn Flower. So it can't be too difficult to find. Selling for approx 8,000 gold a piece it seems. Oh well, may have to sell mine and buy something nice for my house.


    All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on August 14, 2019 12:36PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭
    So it can go from Liquid Lightning -> Degeneration and Power Surge -> Critical Surge. Get your heals (more actually) and Major Sorcery still. Just trading AoE to ST and get a bit of sustain out of it. Even the passives granted by slotting either of the former can almost be comparable.
    Edited by Celestro on August 14, 2019 1:54PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    Exactly. I’m not understanding the outrage?

    Is there any other class skill that gives major sorcery/brutality and also heal procs on damage?

    Nope. Balance is such a mystery to people here.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

    yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

    Dude your not fooling anyone.

    Yea I totally agree corn flower will drain you dry... I've stopped parsing with it altogether awhile back ago. You can go through maybe 35 potions in a difficult trial sometimes I mean it has to be kept up 100% of the time.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majority of sorc players after last update : "I can't have the absolute best buffs ever all at once, it's an outrage ! I need TWO skills to have all the buffs I need ! I can't just have a high damage buff, I also need a crit heal one because else I'm not absolutely, perfectly set and that is not acceptable !"

    Me, playing Nightblade for almost 5 years : "Ah, so they removed that buff / nerfed that skill too, now ? Oh well, if you hit someone with a rusty spoon long enough, they will die. Eventually".
    max_only wrote: »
    Bosmers sneaking past all the dangers in the woods. Come upon a cultist doing a ritual? Sneak past. Come upon a brigand ambush? Sneak past. Come upon a mighty beast? Sneak past. The feeling of “yesssss” when you can squeeze by in tight spaces unnoticed. Sometimes I’m able to take what I need from right under their noses.
  • Sennecca
    Sennecca
    ✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

    again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

    Because it deals pretty good damage?

    It dealt better damage without having to remove a slot for crit surge AND entropy.

    Are you being obtuse on purpose? Entropy is not replacing power surge. It's replacing one of your AOE damage abilities that just got nerfed (probably liquid lightning) and if you want a self heal then you can run crit surge instead of power surge.

    Stam sorcs get a buff and a heal off the skill, but mag sorcs lost their buff and heal and have to slot 2 skills even if they don't want to for their buff and crit heal. Oh well, maybe they'll just slot one of their many other buffs or debuffs they have access to. Oh wait,..... nvm.
    It's a stam eat mag world out there!
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭
    makes sense. I agree with you. And here I though monetization of the Guild skill lines and other future dreadful release was the main cause.

    Considering not many players actually spend gold in housing which was supposed to be a gold sink. And seeing this game has nothing good to spend gold on. Yes...
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭
    just imagine if forums had

    mental health check before posting...

    Intriguing statement. I wonder what would my diagnosis be...
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • madarame_77
    madarame_77
    ✭✭✭
    I run degeneration + inner light on both bars. Problem solved.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no your stupid overpowered skol
    DR4GONFL1 wrote: »
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

    Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

    yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

    Dude your not fooling anyone.

    Yea I totally agree corn flower will drain you dry... I've stopped parsing with it altogether awhile back ago. You can go through maybe 35 potions in a difficult trial sometimes I mean it has to be kept up 100% of the time.

    35? That's like 10k.

    You get more than that from the Undaunted Plunder and daily writs.

    Buckle up.
    We may be down but we will never be out.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been buy cornflower/spel power pots for a few years now. Don’t see why it’s such a big deal now. Also fyi, guilds inflate the price of items in guild stores, not Zos.
    I will kick everyone's butt, even my own.

    PC NA
    CP 1200+
    Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Legate - Flawless Conqueror
    Falls-With-Stars - Argonian Magicka Templar - AD - Former Empress - Voice of Reason
    vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+1/vSS/vSS Yol HM
    Dragon-in-Shadows - Argonian Magicka Nightblade - Shadow Breaker
    Eossos - Khajiit Magicka Templar
    Death-Singer - Argonian Magicka Nightblade
    Dark-Star - Khajiit Magicka Dragonknight
    Ice-Dancer - Khajiit Magicka Warden
    Tsalli-ko - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top dps already run spell power pots when they are on a sorc.
    Really, idk
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buying Spell Power potions doesn’t remove gold from the economy, it just goes to whoever is selling the potions. It would only be a gold sink if potions or flowers could be purchased from an NPC merchant.
Sign In or Register to comment.