The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch v5.1.5 is a joke

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Kel wrote: »
    Changes are a staple of any MMO. From FFXIV, to WoW, Neverwinter, to ESO. Armor, skills, classes themselves...all are subject to change.

No game in this genre stays the same. If you ever think a class or build will stay the same, you're only fooling yourself.
    Maybe the MMO genre isn't for you....
    (You in a general sense, not personal)

NONSENSE - i dont know ONE mmo who has so many so frequent so drastic changes to complete overhauls to classes and skills as eso - without direction or purpose that no one asked for and mostly just break things

The eso team has just no direction at all - one team runs to the left and the next runs to the right - their direction is simply horrible if at all existant

Yeah, I agree. It's been ridiculous lately,

Though keep in mind a new combat team has recently taken over. So they have to correct many of the faults the previous one handed off to them. Hopefully once the new team gets settled in these constant nerfs and buffs will be at an end. We'll see how this new team copes with the changes going forward. If they start reverting them back and forth again like the last team I"ll come over to your side of it.
    maboleth wrote: »
    Whoever thought that applying degeneration/entropy dot was FUN should've been immediately fired.

But no, it's ZOS' latest invention. Applying entropy is like pressing the button for an elevator or turning on the microwave. You do it to get the job done, not to have fun.

DOTs generally are no fun, but this "skill" line is just terrible. I never minded having it as one of the tools, but now, seeing it as a "must" for mag sorc makes me cringe.

What's the difference in using entropy vs say shards? Isn't it basically the same thing?

No. Shards are fun. You get the sense of "hit", of damage, of fight, of something being done. There's a sound of crushing, etc. You also wait for it to be charged.

With entropy it's just... nothing. 'Okay I pressed it to drain the HP of the enemy.' The end. No sense of any fight, challenge or FUN. I have nothing against Entropy as a niche tool for some builds, but now it's overused be so many people because it's strong. It's like - oh you have to use it if you are mag sorc.

I don't see a difference. Entropy is just a target/apply ability just like most of the others. It works almost exactly like my Nightblade's Swallow Soul.

It sounds more like you just have a problem with its sound effects or something. I also don't think I've ever fought a magic sorcerer that didn't use shards. So it's not as if Entropy is unique in that respect either.

All they did was make a mediocre ability good. The Mage's guild line was weak and needed some improvements. I also don't understand why sorcerers seem to have such a problem with them adding a new ability worthy of slotting.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 15, 2019 2:47PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a far bigger picture that we just can't see yet.

The only hope I have left for this game is an enormous change to the Champion system that will make all of this patch seem worth it. They could be working on it and obviously won't tell us till it's about to be launched. If or when that happens, I think a lot of these changes will make much more sense (I'm not gonna hold my breath or cross my fingers). Maybe they are secretly reviving the spellcrafting system? But we have to remember the programming of this stuff takes a stupidly long time. They have said in the past the necro class was something they were working on for way WAY longer than we knew (as an example).

The changes to "staple" gear sets I fully agree is kinda bogus. I'm also not trying to defend anything ZoS has done. Just trying to look at it objectively, and feeling like much more is in the pipeline. I certainly won't hesitate if another game comes out and can offer anything more balanced and fun. With less lag and bugs of course...
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Can you even enter a post without mentioning bosmers? We get it you love bosmer stealth and are upset.

Killing 20 years of Bosmer lore in a single stroke of incompetence is the biggest blunder the game developers have made (so far.) I'm actually surprised there isn't more talk of it.... despite their efforts to kill threads about it.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    Can you even enter a post without mentioning bosmers? We get it you love bosmer stealth and are upset.

Killing 20 years of Bosmer lore in a single stroke of incompetence is the biggest blunder the game developers have made (so far.) I'm actually surprised there isn't more talk of it.... despite their efforts to kill threads about it.

I agree. so I clicked the 'agree' button.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue I have is being stuck in sprint
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Changes are a staple of any MMO. From FFXIV, to WoW, Neverwinter, to ESO. Armor, skills, classes themselves...all are subject to change.

No game in this genre stays the same. If you ever think a class or build will stay the same, you're only fooling yourself.
    Maybe the MMO genre isn't for you....
    (You in a general sense, not personal)

Even single player games make class changes the majority doesn't want and lead people to just cheat there stats and such IE: Torchlight