Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

7th Legion Not functioning Properly

• Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Light Attacks you still have actively do.

Please tell me how you actively cast Shadow Barrier?

Trust me, I would love for it to work this way as a StamBlade. @SodanTok (who you are also arguing with in this thread) will attest to that as I got excited when I first saw the change and posted me doing it on PTS in discord :D

Shadow Barrier

Casting a Shadow ability grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward.

Seventh Legion:
    This item set can now only be activated from casting an ability that increases your Resistances

No smoke and mirrors. It's pretty straightforward.

What's interesting is how grammar and semantics are heavily questioned when it comes to nightblades and This set.

Yet somehow burning spellweave proccing from "flame damage abilities" means any flame damage regardless as to whether or not it's an ability.

It's a clear inconsistency and obviously bias.
    Edited by Royalthought on August 8, 2019 3:30PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust me, I would love for it to work this way as a StamBlade. @SodanTok (who you are also arguing with in this thread) will attest to that as I got excited when I first saw the change and posted me doing it on PTS in discord :D

Shadow Barrier

Seventh Legion:
    This item set can now only be activated from casting an ability that increases your Resistances

What's interesting is how grammar and semantics are heavily questioned when it comes to nightblades and This set.

Yet somehow burning spellweave proccing from "flame damage abilities" means any flame damage regardless as to whether or not it's an ability.

Passives are not abilities... Shadow Barrier is a passive. The skills that are needed to proc it do not provide this buff, the passive does. As far as I know, there is no passive that provides flame damage to proc BSW. So again, you are wrong.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Shadow Barrier

Seventh Legion:

Passives are not abilities... Shadow Barrier is a passive. The skills that are needed to proc it do not provide this buff, the passive does. As far as I know, there is no passive that provides flame damage to proc BSW. So again, you are wrong.

Light attacks proc burning spellweave.

Valkyn skoria proc burning spellweave. No ability is needed to proc that set.

Spot the difference.

1 says flame damage abilities proc it yet all flame damage proc it.

The other says abilities that grant resistance and yet shadow abilities won't proc.

It's a clear inconsistency.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Casting a Shadow ability grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward

It's a contradiction.

No, "Shadow Barrier" (passive) grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward.

Maybe you like to re-read what is written in the patch notes:

"[...]instead of anytime your Resistances increase. This means that things such as passives, potions, or poisons can no longer trigger this effect."

Perfectly clear. Now stop trolling.

False.

IF the passive granted major resolve and ward nightblades would have 100% uptime.

They don't. Its granted from casted abilities.

AND AGAIN burning spellweave states: Flame damage ABILITIES. Its proc by light attacks.

That's inconsistency.

By the way, miss me with nerd attacks like trolling.

Everything I've said I've supported with evidence.

Trolling was brought up by you.

This is all completely irrelevant. "Inconsistency" in the tooltips is meaningless when the functionality of Seventh Legion was explicitly stated in the patch notes.

Your entire argument is completely disingenuous. Casting a Shadow ability procs the Shadow Barrier passive which grants you Major Ward/Major Resolve. You know this.

The only thing that needs fixing is the Seventh Legion tooltip, like it or not.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

It's a contradiction.

"[...]instead of anytime your Resistances increase. This means that things such as passives, potions, or poisons can no longer trigger this effect."

False.

IF the passive granted major resolve and ward nightblades would have 100% uptime.

AND AGAIN burning spellweave states: Flame damage ABILITIES. Its proc by light attacks.

That's inconsistency.

This is all completely irrelevant. "Inconsistency" in the tooltips is meaningless when the functionality of Seventh Legion was explicitly stated in the patch notes.

Your entire argument is completely disingenuous. Casting a Shadow ability procs the Shadow Barrier passive which grants you Major Ward/Major Resolve. You know this.

False. Read the shadow barrier itself.

Point out where it states casting shadow abilities grant shadow barrier.

That argument is what's disingenuous.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shadow Barrier

Seventh Legion:

I'ts not bias imo.

They are just adjusting skills this patch, they are not doing an overhaul for all sets and standardizing 5 pc sets. I believe in the future, they will look into all sets and make them consistent in terms of wording and power. Right now they already have a enormous patch to take care of, and quite frankly, they have better priorities than adjusting BSW (which is not even OP).

The new 7th needed adjusting for NBs because it went against their new philosophy for the proc sets they adjusted, which is actively doing something to proc your set, or at least changing how you play. You wouldn't change your playstyle on NB with 7th, while other classes would have to constantly use their major resists every 10s to proc it. NB would literally play like usual and have easy 100% uptime. It's delusional to think this change isn't fair, and that's coming from a NB main...
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shadow Barrier

Seventh Legion:

I'ts not bias imo.

They are just adjusting skills this patch, they are not doing an overhaul for all sets and standardizing 5 pc sets. I believe in the future, they will look into all sets and make them consistent in terms of wording and power. Right now they already have a enormous patch to take care of, and quite frankly, they have better priorities than adjusting BSW (which is not even OP).

The new 7th needed adjusting for NBs because it went against their new philosophy for the proc sets they adjusted, which is actively doing something to proc your set, or at least changing how you play. You wouldn't change your playstyle on NB with 7th, while other classes would have to constantly use their major resists every 10s to proc it. NB would literally play like usual and have easy 100% uptime. It's delusional to think this change isn't fair, and that's coming from a NB main...

What?

Ice fortress, spiked armor, bone armor, etc..

EVERY class that utilized their class major ward/resolve would get the proc. 100% uptime with ease.

Nightblades are currently the ONLY class that when utilizing their class major resistance buffs don't proc it.

That's the issue.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

"Casting a Shadow ability grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward."

You literally copied the text that states that casting a shadow ability grants you the buff. But you only get that buff if you have points into the passive shadow barrier. So, through basic logic, casting a shadow ability procs the passive Shadow Barrier.

You are trying to be smart and play "gotcha" and you are failing miserably because you don't want a real discussion you just want to complain because you don't understand how the set works.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shadow Barrier

Seventh Legion:

I'ts not bias imo.

What?

EVERY class that utilized their class major ward/resolve would get the proc. 100% uptime with ease.

Nightblades are currently the ONLY class that when utilizing their class major resistance buffs don't proc it.

That's the issue.

There are plenty of sets that are ineffective on certain classes. Like Automaton and StamDK. It's useless because it only works with one class skill since everything besides leap is poison based. Not every set needs to work for every class.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

"Casting a Shadow ability grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward."

You literally copied the text that states that casting a shadow ability grants you the buff. But you only get that buff if you have points into the passive shadow barrier. So, through basic logic, casting a shadow ability procs the passive Shadow Barrier.

You are trying to be smart and play "gotcha" and you are failing miserably because you don't want a real discussion you just want to complain because you don't understand how the set works.

If you don't put points in any ability you don't get that ability.

That has litteraly no barring on this discussion.

In fact you can proc burning spellweave without a single point put in any category.

Should that not proc either?

Shadow Barrier

Seventh Legion:

I'ts not bias imo.

What?

That's the issue.

There are plenty of sets that are ineffective on certain classes. Like Automaton and StamDK. It's useless because it only works with one class skill since everything besides leap is poison based. Not every set needs to work for every class.

No offense but that doesn't address the issue.

"Not every set needs to work for every class."

Working and range of effectiveness are two different discussions.

If you equip automaton and use onslaught, execute and d swing, come to the forums and point out it isn't buffing the damage, would it be ok to say, not every set works with every class?

No. Because they wouldn't be working properly.

Edited by Royalthought on August 8, 2019 3:53PM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

The functionality of the set was NOT explicitly stated because the two sentences contradict. Some people are looking at the first sentence, some at the second. The first sentence outlines the rule, the second sentence explains the outlined rule.

The explanation does NOT match the rule because casting a shadow ability results in increased resistances. The rule in the first sentence states the requirement for proc is X. The rule does NOT state that it matters how you reach X, the explanation does and is where the contradiction lies.

A+C=X
    A+B+C=X
    Edited by akray21 on August 8, 2019 4:00PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point isn't putting a point into the ability. The point is the shadow abilities themselves do not give the buff. The passive does. Just like the Minor Toughness passive for Wardens. Their healing skills don't give Minor toughness. The passive gives it. Nightblades do not have a single skills that gives Major Ward or Resolve. None, not one. So, the set will not prov off of nightblade skills because there aren't any that will proc it. At all. That is the point that everyone is trying to get across. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant because your argument has been that it should work, when the reality is, it should not work because the skills themselves are not actually giving you the buff. Period.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point isn't putting a point into the ability. The point is the shadow abilities themselves do not give the buff. The passive does. Just like the Minor Toughness passive for Wardens. Their healing skills don't give Minor toughness. The passive gives it. Nightblades do not have a single skills that gives Major Ward or Resolve. None, not one. So, the set will not prov off of nightblade skills because there aren't any that will proc it. At all. That is the point that everyone is trying to get across. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant because your argument has been that it should work, when the reality is, it should not work because the skills themselves are not actually giving you the buff. Period.

Seventh Legion:
    This item set can now only be activated from casting an ability that increases your Resistances,

Shadow Barrier

Polar opposite of BSW. Which states its proc condition is flame abilities yet requires no abilities.

It's clear that ZoS wants consistency. This goes completely against that.

But hey, some players don't want balance. They got that point across.
    Edited by Royalthought on August 8, 2019 4:10PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

I mean you are very obviously wrong, as literally every other person in this thread has pointed out.

If you have points in the Shadow Barrier passive, casting a Shadow ability procs the Shadow Barrier passive, which grants you Major Ward and Major Resolve.

You're trying to make some clever argument about tooltip semantics which is completely and utterly irrelevant because the developers have already told us that Seventh Legion won't proc from passives.

In PTS v5.1.1, there was a note:
    Seventh Legion is both proccing and not proccing in areas it shouldn’t be. These will be fixed in a future PTS patch. Note that passives that proc are not considered “Ability casts”.

/thread
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shadow Barrier

Seventh Legion:

I'ts not bias imo.

What?

That's the issue.

Mirage...

You can also combo Armor Master with Evasion and proc it.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

I mean you are very obviously wrong, as literally every other person in this thread has pointed out.

If you have points in the Shadow Barrier passive, casting a Shadow ability procs the Shadow Barrier passive, which grants you Major Ward and Major Resolve.

You're trying to make some clever argument about tooltip semantics which is completely and utterly irrelevant because the developers have already told us that Seventh Legion won't proc from passives.

Seventh Legion is both proccing and not proccing in areas it shouldn’t be. These will be fixed in a future PTS patch. Note that passives that proc are not considered “Ability casts”.

/thread

You're confusing number of statements with accuracy there of.

Following the crowd has nothing to do with being right.

The OP Cleary shoes the contradiction in the tooltip itself.

In addition to other sets proccing beyond their tooltip.

Hence the thread.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

/thread

Hence the thread.

Other sets proccing beyond their tooltip is irrelevant.

Other sets don't have clarification from the developers in patch notes that specify exactly what does or doesn't proc them. Two wrongs don't make a right.

The only thing that the OP "clearly shows" is that you have Seventh Legion on your stamblade and you're mad that you can't keep it up 100% using Surprise Attack.

Use Mirage, problem solved. This thread isn't going anywhere. You're arguing about a "bug" when the developers made the change intentionally to prevent your desired functionality from happening in the first place.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

/thread

Hence the thread.

Other sets don't have clarification from the developers in patch notes that specify exactly what does or doesn't proc them. Two wrongs don't make a right.

The only thing that the OP "clearly shows" is that you have Seventh Legion on your stamblade and you're mad that you can't keep it up 100% using Surprise Attack.

Use Mirage, problem solved. This thread isn't going anywhere. You're arguing about a "bug" when the developers made the change intentionally to prevent your desired functionality from happening in the first place.

This is what happens when people make assumptions. You know litteraly nothing about my build. Lol No evidence, just spewing out nonsense.

Two wrongs? You said it was wrong not me. This is about consistency.

This is PTS. This thread is about a change on PTS. And this patch has been everywhere. I'm after consistency and improvement.

The real question is, if you feel this post isn't going anywhere, then why were you here to begin with?

Makes you wonder why so much energy is put forth to prevent nightblade improvement.

If ZoS enables shadow abilities to proc this set, what do you lose?
    Edited by Royalthought on August 8, 2019 4:37PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

/thread

Hence the thread.

This is what happens when people make assumptions. You know litteraly nothing about my build. Lol No evidence, just spewing out nonsense.

This is PTS. This thread is about a change on PTS. And this patch has been everywhere. I'm after consistency and improvement.

The real question is, if you feel this post isn't going anywhere, then why were you here to begin with?

Makes you wonder why so much energy is put forth to prevent nightblade improvement.

I don't "lose" anything either way. I play all classes. I have two nightblades.

I'm just here to let you know that you are wrong.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a contradiction.

False.

That's inconsistency.

/thread

Hence the thread.

I don't "lose" anything either way. I play all classes. I have two nightblades.

I'm just here to let you know that you are wrong.

Then you have no purpose.

ZoS made every tooltip I posted.

If they decide to limit all sets to specific tooltip conditions. fine. If they want all sets to proc from specific damage. fine.

But being standard everywhere else but wait. Not with nightblades on this one set, on this one patch is contradictory and goes against their desired standardization.

You're saying "I'm wrong?" They created the contradiction. This simply highlights it.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you are wrong though. Nightblades can still proc the set using a skill that actually provides resistance:

Mirage:
    "Surround yourself in a phantasmic aura to gain Major Evasion, Minor Resolve and Minor Ward increasing your Dodge Chance by 25% and your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 1320 for 26 seconds.

Also grants Minor Resolve and Minor Ward for the duration, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance."

Just because you want to conveniently ignore the skill doesn't make you right.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you are wrong though. Nightblades can still proc the set using a skill that actually provides resistance:

Mirage:
    "Surround yourself in a phantasmic aura to gain Major Evasion, Minor Resolve and Minor Ward increasing your Dodge Chance by 25% and your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 1320 for 26 seconds.

Also grants Minor Resolve and Minor Ward for the duration, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance."

Equilibrium from the mages guild also procs the skill.

Has nothing to do with the OP
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mirage:

"Currently this class and an entire ability line is singled out and excluded unfairly and uncharacteristically."

The OP states that the class is singled out. It isn't, because the class still has a skill that can proc it. So, everything to do with the OP.

And, as someone else mentioned here, Armor Master procs this as well. So, similar to Skoria proccing BSW, item set procs count as abilities. Passives, which is what the Shadow Barrier proc is, do not. There is a very clear line between what does and doesn't work. And again I ask, what PASSIVE procs BSW?
    Edited by jaws343 on August 8, 2019 5:49PM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mirage:

"Currently this class and an entire ability line is singled out and excluded unfairly and uncharacteristically."

The OP states that the class is singled out. It isn't, because the class still has a skill that can proc it. So, everything to do with the OP.

And, as someone else mentioned here, Armor Master procs this as well. So, similar to Skoria proccing BSW, item set procs count as abilities. Passives, which is what the Shadow Barrier proc is, do not. There is a very clear line between what does and doesn't work. And again I ask, what PASSIVE procs BSW?

Point is being missed here.

If a set proc from heals and a templar healing skill line didnt proc it.

It working on resto abilities does not negate the fact that the skill line isn't working properly.

This post is simply stating

Meets the requirements of

Seventh Legion:

Preventing it from proccing is contradictory and no benefit to the game.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mirage:

It working on resto abilities does not negate the fact that the skill line isn't working properly.

Seventh Legion:

And we are all telling you that you are reading it wrong.

Casting a shadow skill does not give you resistance. A passive gives you resistance when the condition of casting a shadow skill is met. The shadow skill is not giving you resistances, the passive is. You are overlooking that point because it doesn't fit your argument. Again, Shadow skills do not grant you resistances, a passive does when a condition is met. This passives are not abilities. Passives cannot proc seventh legion because passives are not abilities.
    Edited by jaws343 on August 8, 2019 6:20PM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mirage:

Seventh Legion:

Casting a shadow skill does not give you resistance. A passive gives you resistance when the condition of casting a shadow skill is met. The shadow skill is not giving you resistances, the passive is. You are overlooking that point because it doesn't fit your argument. Again, Shadow skills do not grant you resistances, a passive does when a condition is met. This passives are not abilities. Passives cannot proc seventh legion because passives are not abilities.

And there is a disagreement that I'm pointing out.

I'm not reading wrong:

That's what the game states. Nothing added from me. That's the proc condition.

Secondly, we are putting this under a microscope and discussing semantics when the BSW example given, we can all see it says abilities but abilities arent required to proc it.

This creates an inconsistency and a bias because these discussions about passive vs ability vs conditions are ONLY for the nightblade and this set particular. Not at all for BSW.

Imagine if id ask for this set to be proc from all resistance gained even tho the tooltip states casted ability. Id be called crazy. But that's BSW.

I'm simply asking that these abilities that do in fact grant resistance as stated by game proc the set.

It's no way one can be right and the other wrong. I'm simply asking for consistency.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mirage:

Seventh Legion:

And there is a disagreement that I'm pointing out.

I'm not reading wrong:

That's what the game states. Nothing added from me. That's the proc condition.

Secondly, we are putting this under a microscope and discussing semantics when the BSW example given, we can all see it says abilities but abilities arent required to proc it.

This creates an inconsistency and a bias because these discussions about passive vs ability vs conditions are ONLY for the nightblade and this set particular. Not at all for BSW.

Imagine if id ask for this set to be proc from all resistance gained even tho the tooltip states casted ability. Id be called crazy. But that's BSW.

I'm simply asking that these abilities that do in fact grant resistance as stated by game proc the set.

It's no way one can be right and the other wrong. I'm simply asking for consistency.

The passive states this. You know it does. The passive is the thing that is actually giving you the resistances. Not the skills themselves. The skills are only the proc condition. The passive says:

"Casting a Shadow ability grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward "

It doesn't say

"This passive gives major resolve and major ward to skills within the shadow tree"

Big difference. The skills are not providing the buff, the passive is. It's perfectly consistent. PASSIVES do not proc BSW. At all.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To put it simpler, Martial Knowledge requires a light attack and for you to be under 50% stamina. The under 50% stamina and the light attack are not giving you the damage buff from Martial Knowledge. They are only the condition in which the SET applies the buff to your character.
    A "single target ability" doesn't give you the Auroran Thunder proc, the set does. The single target ability is only the proc condition.

Proc conditions aren't what apply the buffs. In this case, The skills themselves are proc conditions for a passive that applies the buff. The PASSIVE is applying the buff, not the skills. The skills are the condition to proc the passive.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To put it simpler, Martial Knowledge requires a light attack and for you to be under 50% stamina. The under 50% stamina and the light attack are not giving you the damage buff from Martial Knowledge. They are only the condition in which the SET applies the buff to your character.
    A "single target ability" doesn't give you the Auroran Thunder proc, the set does. The single target ability is only the proc condition.

Proc conditions aren't what apply the buffs. In this case, The skills themselves are proc conditions for a passive that applies the buff. The PASSIVE is applying the buff, not the skills. The skills are the condition to proc the passive.

Semantics.

This is more word play but youre only applying it to ONE set.

BSW proc condition is flame damage abilities. Yet it requires no abilities. NONE. Just any flame damage.

You can equip any non flame weapon and put a fire enchant on it and itll still proc BSW.

You're, I assume, fine with that right???

Meaning even enchants are considered abilities for BSW proc condition

But:

Doesn't proc

This item set can now only be activated from casting an ability that increases your Resistances.

Can you not see how silly this is?
    Edited by Royalthought on August 8, 2019 7:39PM
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Fine, you win. Lets change the BSW to match its tooltip.
This discussion has been closed.