Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    It’s without balorg.
    How do you get such a high wep damage then? Is stam really that better than magicka? I knew it was different and stam got more but that is just silly. I struggle to get 2400 spell damage with 2 infused spell damage enchants on jewelry. This game is whack sometimes.

    For spell/weapon damage yes it is. The armour weights are balanced with light getting pen, crit and sustain. Medium gets crit, sustain and weapon damage, heavy gets health and healing received. So a 5m with fighters guild abilities will have a ton higher weapon damage.

    In the CP campaign max mag with some class’ mag boosts can compete with weapon damage for high tooltips, in no-CP the missing mag boosts at 300 CPs means spell damage is better.

    Prior to this patch I would have said it’s a wash between medium and light. With the onslaught change and using mechanical acuity I’d say 5m is better, who needs pen when you can bypass all resistances if you can land onslaught.

    Pen’s still the best dps stat so missing pen from 5L will hurt a lot, tooltip’s only part of the picture.

    I’d love to be able to fit lotus fan on this build, the ability’s a lot of fun. Any ideas how?

    I could definitely get higher tooltips with bright throat over acuity, but auto crits with a 70% modifier is too good to pass up I think. I was also thinking shalks exoskeleton for more onslaught uptime.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 4, 2019 2:56PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    [
    I’d love to be able to fit lotus fan on this build, the ability’s a lot of fun. Any ideas how?

    I look at the front bar and it's very close to mine in spirit: lotus, concealed, inner light, cripple, shadowy, soul harvest. And I have roughly the same concealed tool tip unbuffed (no maj sorc or CA.) Could you comfortably switch out the elemental for lotus? I tend to think of my front bar as strictly melee. You could do just as much damage weaving concealed and light attack as elemental and you get the resistance bonus from the passive.

    Also, curious why iceheart. I would guess to chase down nb's and just get a small shield buffer up in a brawl?

    And one last thing if you don't mind. Isn't 1700 magicka recovery on the low side without something like siphoning attacks? I know that 15 seconds of aggressive fighting would leave me tapped if I was that low.

  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey mates, as I'm still dreaming of a tanky bruiser magblade that will probably never come back to life, I kinda messed around with my old favourite playstyle with s/b + resto.

    What I found is that the new absorb missile has a really nice shield and healing TT at 30k hp (which I aim at with dark cloak magblades anyways). And the nice part is that it is really nicecly layered over the new healing ward, thus protecting the procs AND benefiting from the major viatlity of BRP. So basically, after breaking free you can cast healing ward + almost free absorb missile and have tons of healing/shields to jump back into the fight.

    I'm playing on my laptop atm with poor connection and stuff, but it felt kinda unique and quite effective. Will play around a bit with it, especially since s/b bash now also benefits from spelldamage
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh and did anyone try to work with sap as a spammable this patch? How does damage and healing feel like? Guess at least damage will be quite bad due to popularity of major evasion...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    [
    I’d love to be able to fit lotus fan on this build, the ability’s a lot of fun. Any ideas how?

    I look at the front bar and it's very close to mine in spirit: lotus, concealed, inner light, cripple, shadowy, soul harvest. And I have roughly the same concealed tool tip unbuffed (no maj sorc or CA.) Could you comfortably switch out the elemental for lotus? I tend to think of my front bar as strictly melee. You could do just as much damage weaving concealed and light attack as elemental and you get the resistance bonus from the passive.

    Also, curious why iceheart. I would guess to chase down nb's and just get a small shield buffer up in a brawl?

    And one last thing if you don't mind. Isn't 1700 magicka recovery on the low side without something like siphoning attacks? I know that 15 seconds of aggressive fighting would leave me tapped if I was that low.

    Well I was thinking I’d only be really aggressive when Onslaught was up. Otherwise cloak/stealth around with dots waiting for procs/onslaught to be up.

    I’ve always liked Iceheart as a set but haven’t used it in a while. I used to use it with the asylum staff spamming crushing shock because it technically hits 3x so 3x the chance to proc. If dots can proc Iceheart, it should be a good choice. It’s like a free harness magicka so can’t be reduced by major defile.

    That gives me an idea, might be best is to use the asylum staff on my back bar and mechanical acuity 2h. Issue will moreso be fitting Siphoning Abilities... hum.

    The build is 100% just an idea, no idea if it will suck or not. I’ve yet to create a build I didn’t have to tweak the skills once I played it a little. Main concept is the sets to use.

    So from what you guys are saying this would be an improvement?

    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=166272
    Edited by Iskiab on September 4, 2019 6:15PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭
    With aoe caps removed, is it worth being a vampire this patch? I have second mageblade group toon that is reliant on group syn/balance for regen. Would vamp give much regen this patch?

    (Found sap great if the person is willing to stand that close to you, out of the zerg. Really does help whoever is around you). Zergs seem to be doing more sorc kite-like behavior than before patch.
    Edited by merevie on September 4, 2019 7:33PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think being a vampire depends on who you’re fighting. With the damage reduction when you’re low health I think it is.

    I mainly see Wardens, sorcs using lightning, stamdks and Templars using lightning. You’ll get beat by MagDKs for sure, but if they aren’t a MagDK why not.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 4, 2019 8:36PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • stamdammered
    Just a quick vent... I’ve been up and down this thread a ton and used a lot of your ideas as well my own and “meta” builds in the last two patches but as a casual player solo MagNB is just too far behind to be worth playing anymore imo. Switched over to StamNB and it’s just flat out better... higher burst and better survivability, which means more kills and the fast, fun gameplay that this class was designed for. The crazy part is it’s not over performing... just if you play well it performs well. Literally just by switching from mag to stam. Hope they figure it out as I love the dynamic rotations of the Magblade, but it’s going on the shelf for a while. Best of luck and respect to those of you sticking it out, hope to be back! For what it’s worth because it’s a theory crafting guide and I don’t want put a completely irrelevant post, I had the best luck with Spinners/Necro/BS/BRP backbar and crafty/necro/bs.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick vent... I’ve been up and down this thread a ton and used a lot of your ideas as well my own and “meta” builds in the last two patches but as a casual player solo MagNB is just too far behind to be worth playing anymore imo. Switched over to StamNB and it’s just flat out better... higher burst and better survivability, which means more kills and the fast, fun gameplay that this class was designed for. The crazy part is it’s not over performing... just if you play well it performs well. Literally just by switching from mag to stam. Hope they figure it out as I love the dynamic rotations of the Magblade, but it’s going on the shelf for a while. Best of luck and respect to those of you sticking it out, hope to be back! For what it’s worth because it’s a theory crafting guide and I don’t want put a completely irrelevant post, I had the best luck with Spinners/Necro/BS/BRP backbar and crafty/necro/bs.

    Yeah magnb is not so much a fad but a lifestyle. Yeah we get buffed sometimes and will be somewhat fotm but when it gets down and dirty people scuttle off (no offense at all) it's not an easy spec and one you need to enjoy
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭
    There's def a gap in the build when fighting 1:1 melee range. But if you have 2:2 that disappears. DKs used to be an issue but these days it is the odd very good stamnecro and templars for me.
    Edited by merevie on September 5, 2019 4:35AM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick vent... I’ve been up and down this thread a ton and used a lot of your ideas as well my own and “meta” builds in the last two patches but as a casual player solo MagNB is just too far behind to be worth playing anymore imo. Switched over to StamNB and it’s just flat out better... higher burst and better survivability, which means more kills and the fast, fun gameplay that this class was designed for. The crazy part is it’s not over performing... just if you play well it performs well. Literally just by switching from mag to stam. Hope they figure it out as I love the dynamic rotations of the Magblade, but it’s going on the shelf for a while. Best of luck and respect to those of you sticking it out, hope to be back! For what it’s worth because it’s a theory crafting guide and I don’t want put a completely irrelevant post, I had the best luck with Spinners/Necro/BS/BRP backbar and crafty/necro/bs.

    Yeah magnb is not so much a fad but a lifestyle. Yeah we get buffed sometimes and will be somewhat fotm but when it gets down and dirty people scuttle off (no offense at all) it's not an easy spec and one you need to enjoy

    This patch has basically benched my mnb though. Dots will just rek a brawler type build and the cloak build is just getting eaten alive by the 11 million jab spammers on every corner.

    As well as terrible sustain.
    Edited by Insco851 on September 5, 2019 1:46PM
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Templars are holy terrors right now. I sorta don't mind because it was maybe their turn on the wheel. I would much rather see this team put some effort into improving Cyrodiil performance and adding some new content via DLC to the open world pvp in the game than continuing their standardization and normalization goals for the combat systems. First do no harm. Stuff like the cast times to the combat ultimates has really negatively impacted my enjoyment of the game. I know it's not an easy job, but I am truly worried on what the next steps in their design vision are going to bring.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Templars are holy terrors right now. I sorta don't mind because it was maybe their turn on the wheel. I would much rather see this team put some effort into improving Cyrodiil performance and adding some new content via DLC to the open world pvp in the game than continuing their standardization and normalization goals for the combat systems. First do no harm. Stuff like the cast times to the combat ultimates has really negatively impacted my enjoyment of the game. I know it's not an easy job, but I am truly worried on what the next steps in their design vision are going to bring.

    I personally enjoy canceling my ultimates on the regular so the noobs can see them coming.... pathetic change honestly.

    Break free reaction time server side is like .5-1 second now.. get feared? Enjoy that little up down animation before your toon will do anything. You get PUNISHED during stuns more than ever.

    .6 cast time on EVERYTHING! Long as the noobs get to see it coming tho!
    Edited by Insco851 on September 5, 2019 3:36PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Templars are holy terrors right now. I sorta don't mind because it was maybe their turn on the wheel. I would much rather see this team put some effort into improving Cyrodiil performance and adding some new content via DLC to the open world pvp in the game than continuing their standardization and normalization goals for the combat systems. First do no harm. Stuff like the cast times to the combat ultimates has really negatively impacted my enjoyment of the game. I know it's not an easy job, but I am truly worried on what the next steps in their design vision are going to bring.

    Agreed about performance, but I don’t think balances changes and optimizing the game are mutually exclusive.

    Optimizing involves engineers coming in and fixing bad code and architecture. You can’t use devs who’re part of the combat team to do it, it’s a different toolset and and would be like using plumbers to help doing carpentry work. They could help with the grunt work but would mostly be getting in the way. At best they could help with testing and clearing up sloppy documentation.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 5, 2019 3:37PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've got a background in cs and game development so I understand your argument, and agree with your premise. The claim seems to have always been that it was the expanded complexity of the systems like the spammed skills (healing springs) or the assets (the deer) or the proc sets that have been the culprits behind the increasing latency issues. Not sure if the lighting engine change really is a factor tbh. The game has no doubt seen the introduction of many more and varied items, skills and abilities plus the CP system. I would rather they lock down their design and then work on the internals, architecture and netcode. Although if the DDOS service issue with their current choice is true, then that might not matter. I haven't really looked into that very much. And I have been out of the industry for a while so take my opinion for what it is worth. :)

    Edit: Plus I really think a lot of the problems with open world prime time Cyrodiil are due to how they have laid the map out an channeled players to certain keeps. They need to rethink the geography and keep the 3 way dynamic while still spreading out the player density. Things like the hammer are a good start but even that often concentrates players instead of opening up the map. It could really use some tuning.
    Edited by ScruffyWhiskers on September 5, 2019 5:25PM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've got a background in cs and game development so I understand your argument, and agree with your premise. The claim seems to have always been that it was the expanded complexity of the systems like the spammed skills (healing springs) or the assets (the deer) or the proc sets that have been the culprits behind the increasing latency issues. Not sure if the lighting engine change really is a factor tbh. The game has no doubt seen the introduction of many more and varied items, skills and abilities plus the CP system. I would rather they lock down their design and then work on the internals, architecture and netcode. Although if the DDOS service issue with their current choice is true, then that might not matter. I haven't really looked into that very much. And I have been out of the industry for a while so take my opinion for what it is worth. :)

    Edit: Plus I really think a lot of the problems with open world prime time Cyrodiil are due to how they have laid the map out an channeled players to certain keeps. They need to rethink the geography and keep the 3 way dynamic while still spreading out the player density. Things like the hammer are a good start but even that often concentrates players instead of opening up the map. It could really use some tuning.

    I'm a knuckle dragger when it comes to coding, but it terms on cyro pop and objectives, it's the way people play now that can be a problem. When I started and people actually cared about the map and campaign. There were alot of guilds running 10-20 man groups. They worked together pushing different objectives and in turn split the defense across the map out of necessity. Now it's just "faction stack zergling" and "pompous small man". Guilds died and cyro with it
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 5, 2019 6:11PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've got a background in cs and game development so I understand your argument, and agree with your premise. The claim seems to have always been that it was the expanded complexity of the systems like the spammed skills (healing springs) or the assets (the deer) or the proc sets that have been the culprits behind the increasing latency issues. Not sure if the lighting engine change really is a factor tbh. The game has no doubt seen the introduction of many more and varied items, skills and abilities plus the CP system. I would rather they lock down their design and then work on the internals, architecture and netcode. Although if the DDOS service issue with their current choice is true, then that might not matter. I haven't really looked into that very much. And I have been out of the industry for a while so take my opinion for what it is worth. :)

    Edit: Plus I really think a lot of the problems with open world prime time Cyrodiil are due to how they have laid the map out an channeled players to certain keeps. They need to rethink the geography and keep the 3 way dynamic while still spreading out the player density. Things like the hammer are a good start but even that often concentrates players instead of opening up the map. It could really use some tuning.

    I'm a knuckle dragger when it comes to coding, but it terms on cyro pop and objectives, it's the way people play now that can be a problem. When I started and people actually cared about the map and campaign. There were alot of guilds running 10-20 man groups. They worked together pushing different objectives and in turn split the defense across the map out of necessity. Now it's just "faction stack zergling" and "pompous small man". Guilds died and cyro with it

    I don’t agree with the faction stack zergling thing.

    It’s a matter of perspective. It’s the most common complaint about my guild (Homicide) but it’s mainly because we’re effective so we’re winning.

    We did very well in the non-CP campaign so guilds stopped coming, and so we dabbled in the CP campaign because there was no one left to fight. We’ve only been in there once but our strategy is just as effective there so it was business as usual.

    Mostly complaints stem from losing and people not adapting to the game. People play with their friends and naturally become elitist over time, then with normal attrition they get stuck in smaller and smaller groups until they’re irrelevant. All we basicly do is give new players a chance to get better and play with them, so naturally get stronger.

    Most complaints are from people having their ego put in check which is wrapped up in their performance. It comes down to ‘I lost’ and making excuses (they had more, lag, game changes, class, etc..). Plus accepting new players means less food for the small scale players who prey on new players which can’t make them happy.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 5, 2019 6:51PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Yeah, I've got a background in cs and game development so I understand your argument, and agree with your premise. The claim seems to have always been that it was the expanded complexity of the systems like the spammed skills (healing springs) or the assets (the deer) or the proc sets that have been the culprits behind the increasing latency issues. Not sure if the lighting engine change really is a factor tbh. The game has no doubt seen the introduction of many more and varied items, skills and abilities plus the CP system. I would rather they lock down their design and then work on the internals, architecture and netcode. Although if the DDOS service issue with their current choice is true, then that might not matter. I haven't really looked into that very much. And I have been out of the industry for a while so take my opinion for what it is worth. :)

    Edit: Plus I really think a lot of the problems with open world prime time Cyrodiil are due to how they have laid the map out an channeled players to certain keeps. They need to rethink the geography and keep the 3 way dynamic while still spreading out the player density. Things like the hammer are a good start but even that often concentrates players instead of opening up the map. It could really use some tuning.

    I'm a knuckle dragger when it comes to coding, but it terms on cyro pop and objectives, it's the way people play now that can be a problem. When I started and people actually cared about the map and campaign. There were alot of guilds running 10-20 man groups. They worked together pushing different objectives and in turn split the defense across the map out of necessity. Now it's just "faction stack zergling" and "pompous small man". Guilds died and cyro with it

    I don’t agree with the faction stack zergling thing.

    It’s a matter of perspective. It’s the most common complaint about my guild (Homicide) but it’s mainly because we’re effective so we’re winning.

    We did very well in the non-CP campaign so guilds stopped coming, and so we dabbled in the CP campaign because there was no one left to fight. We’ve only been in there once but our strategy is just as effective there so it was business as usual.

    Mostly complaints stem from losing and people not adapting to the game. People play with their friends and naturally become elitist over time, then with normal attrition they get stuck in smaller and smaller groups until they’re irrelevant. All we basicly do is give new players a chance to get better and play with them, so naturally get stronger.

    Most complaints are from people having their ego put in check which is wrapped up in their performance. It comes down to ‘I lost’ and making excuses (they had more, lag, game changes, class, etc..). Plus accepting new players means less food for the small scale players who prey on new players which can’t make them happy.

    I just say "faction stack zergling" because it is the way cp pcna operates now. It always seems like the whole server just pushes one objective. I don't dabble too much in no cp, but I can assume homicide gets the same grief that Chuck Norris used to get back in the day. I'm not in anyway belittling what homicide does, I'm just saying there used to be like 10 homicide type guilds on each faction. It was alot more dynamic and the weaker guilds were actually driven to improve and grow numbers. Now all the players who normally would have been running these guilds think it is below them for stupid reason such as "small scale and solo ego"

    I remember being out numbered at times and just getting wiped like 10 times in a row. We didn't tuck tail and quit or call unfair. We would split our group into small squads and everyone flag keeps at the same time. Cause absolute chaos and delay the push. Attempt to split the groups who were beating us at them time to a more even fight we could take. I was just bringing up the point that guilds are not as prevalent as they once were and tend to leave once they lose. You said yourself that just because you won everyone left and calls you zerglings. They don't try to adapt and change tactics anymore.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say that I have the answer, but I'm sure Wheeler and his group have the data on how the players move around the map at different times in any given day. They need to come up with incentives to herd players in multiple directions. The 3 faction mechanic has a natural feedback and balancing mechanism to this and works fairly well. But there is still a lot of traffic going around the main loop because that's the path of least resistance especially for pugs and casuals. People see BRK flagged on an otherwise static map and soon it's Stalingrad.

    Scrolls moving across maps make for some of the best fighting with columns and stragglers all spread out over territory that otherwise only gets sightseeing. Placing some more outposts on the map and finding some way to incentivize them could be an option. Spawning other short duration value relics that would be grabbed and them temporarily stored in an outpost for a small buff until it vanished would be a possible idea.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aplogies for derailing the MagNB thread. To get back on topic. When you see a Templar with that black globe around them now, what's the first thing that comes to mind?

    I try and watch for a bit to see how good they are at keeping it up. Then I usually end up just moving on. :)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, Templar’s are tough, especially stamplars. All I can say is try to outlast them, a lot of people try to skimp on sustain for higher tooltip damage to burst people down.

    I play a healer and have seen some weird stuff: people trying to deep thoughts in the middle of an engagement, runnaway when people are most vulnerable, etc... Since I’m not spec’d for damage most of my kills solo come from out sustaining people in silly gimmick specs. Same should apply to dps but you’re more lethal.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 7, 2019 1:08PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was going to shelf the magblade this patch but, I just cant play anything else lol.

    Tryed necro/curse eater/ troll king. Eh its not so hot, but sometimes its ok. I have alot of trouble vs a couple people using dots or one person only using a dot build. Curse has that 8 sec cool down so a bunch of dots is still gonna add up.

    Sustain is rough this patch I have 2k recovery and 46k mag and still run out alot.

    Combos are clunky, hard to get a solid burst going. Been alot of times I wish I had impale slotted.

    Right now my bars are : degen, shade, mass, swallow, merciless, soul harvest
    regen, path, harness, rat, shadowy, soul tether

    Eh idk I might go to crafty drop necro get rid of shade (im not very good with shade and mostly dont use the teleport) and use impale or ele drain.

    I dont know just playing it tonight in the sewers. Kinda hard to tell alot of new players and zergs.


    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    I thought I was going to shelf the magblade this patch but, I just cant play anything else lol.

    Tryed necro/curse eater/ troll king. Eh its not so hot, but sometimes its ok. I have alot of trouble vs a couple people using dots or one person only using a dot build. Curse has that 8 sec cool down so a bunch of dots is still gonna add up.

    Sustain is rough this patch I have 2k recovery and 46k mag and still run out alot.

    Combos are clunky, hard to get a solid burst going. Been alot of times I wish I had impale slotted.

    Right now my bars are : degen, shade, mass, swallow, merciless, soul harvest
    regen, path, harness, rat, shadowy, soul tether

    Eh idk I might go to crafty drop necro get rid of shade (im not very good with shade and mostly dont use the teleport) and use impale or ele drain.

    I dont know just playing it tonight in the sewers. Kinda hard to tell alot of new players and zergs.


    I would drop path, put degeneration back bar and then throw impale in degenerations slot.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've messed around with a heavy armor magblade today that is pretty dot intensive and uses skoria for additional pressure. One niche skill that I absolutly love now is vampire drain, the damage is actually pretty high and procs skoria, and the base CC + ult regen is insane.

    However I was hoping to get away with brp healing ward + path/dark cloak + the additional healing from degen/swallow/drain/merciless.

    However I feel once I get bursted or pressured I simply cannot recover with healing ward, its just too tiny and almost instantly vanishes.. How do you guys handle high pressure? In sustained fights I have no problem, but its hard to recover from bursts.

    Rapid regen seems nice but even that takes too long to ramp up. Harness is *** by now too...
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    I've messed around with a heavy armor magblade today that is pretty dot intensive and uses skoria for additional pressure. One niche skill that I absolutly love now is vampire drain, the damage is actually pretty high and procs skoria, and the base CC + ult regen is insane.

    However I was hoping to get away with brp healing ward + path/dark cloak + the additional healing from degen/swallow/drain/merciless.

    However I feel once I get bursted or pressured I simply cannot recover with healing ward, its just too tiny and almost instantly vanishes.. How do you guys handle high pressure? In sustained fights I have no problem, but its hard to recover from bursts.

    Rapid regen seems nice but even that takes too long to ramp up. Harness is *** by now too...

    Same experience with BRP, same issue with recovering. And additional issues with sustain. And harness just doesn’t cut it for the cost now. I chalked it up to the dot pressure eating my healing and true lack of burst heal on top.

    I handle high pressure by playing a different class right now.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still like harness magicka. I mean it’s not as good as it was when you could use it indefinitely but the shield’s useful if you hot stack.

    With mitigation being down for NBs hot stacking isn’t as effective as it was, but harness helps mitigate burst to let your hots tick if you use it reactively.

    Main difference this patch is one opponent is okay, two and you’re toast without LoS or cloak. Burst is up and mitigation down making being tanky a lot harder.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 8, 2019 2:38PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I still like harness magicka. I mean it’s not as good as it was when you could use it indefinitely but the shield’s useful if you hot stack.

    With mitigation being down for NBs hot stacking isn’t as effective as it was, but harness helps mitigate burst to let your hots tick if you use it reactively.

    Main difference this patch is one opponent is okay, two and you’re toast without LoS or cloak. Burst is up and mitigation down making being tanky a lot harder.

    tbh I didnt face any opponent today that could really outpressure me in 1v1, besides a funky magplar. I'm talking 1vX with 3+ people chasing you, there's no way to get back up once pressured. I've played this class for 5 years now and I really don't see any options but run shadowy and play like a coward
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I still like harness magicka. I mean it’s not as good as it was when you could use it indefinitely but the shield’s useful if you hot stack.

    With mitigation being down for NBs hot stacking isn’t as effective as it was, but harness helps mitigate burst to let your hots tick if you use it reactively.

    Main difference this patch is one opponent is okay, two and you’re toast without LoS or cloak. Burst is up and mitigation down making being tanky a lot harder.

    tbh I didnt face any opponent today that could really outpressure me in 1v1, besides a funky magplar. I'm talking 1vX with 3+ people chasing you, there's no way to get back up once pressured. I've played this class for 5 years now and I really don't see any options but run shadowy and play like a coward

    There is, but you have to change away from a typical setup. I blew up my spec as a healer and restarted, now I can do well against multiple opponents.

    With that being said I’m a healer and don’t think I could kill anyone competent, so IDK how useful that is for a dps.

    NB seems a bit weak right now. I’d play the coward and see what the next patch brings. Stick to solo open world ganker or bombing imo.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 8, 2019 3:10PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I still like harness magicka. I mean it’s not as good as it was when you could use it indefinitely but the shield’s useful if you hot stack.

    With mitigation being down for NBs hot stacking isn’t as effective as it was, but harness helps mitigate burst to let your hots tick if you use it reactively.

    Main difference this patch is one opponent is okay, two and you’re toast without LoS or cloak. Burst is up and mitigation down making being tanky a lot harder.

    tbh I didnt face any opponent today that could really outpressure me in 1v1, besides a funky magplar. I'm talking 1vX with 3+ people chasing you, there's no way to get back up once pressured. I've played this class for 5 years now and I really don't see any options but run shadowy and play like a coward

    Don't think of using cloak to play as a coward. Think of it as using cloak to position then get a big boy crit. It's all perspective because dark cloak from my experience doesn't fly in this dot meta. Maybe next patch when they nerf them. But as of now, every dark cloak guy I see, they do well 1v1 but the second someone else comes it's purely defensive playing and spamming hots. I sit there in cloak watching them, and they can never get off the back bar and just die.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 8, 2019 3:13PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, magblades can do well in limited settings. Stick to sewers or open world and you’ll be okay. I’d steer clear of places like BGs or fighting groups.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
Sign In or Register to comment.