Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.1 is available.

ESO is fun to play because...

• Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please keep stay on topic with the thread. If you want to issue a complaint, just post on the numerous other threads.

If we highlight what we like about the game, then ZOS will know what kind of content and mechanics to make more of.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay then I like chat and since you want to know things I would like to see if they can add some of these :po:):|:'(:'( cuz I really like to send them out to my guild members you know it I think you could spice up my chat a little bit better
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on August 3, 2019 5:34PM
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fun because when you run for a no-death and all go smooth at the last 5% of final boss you die cuz the game kick you for fun.

We laugh a lot about how fun it was..
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fun because there is no real, deep theory-crafting. Good character builds in this game basically boil down to a few good sets that you can count on your fingers (out of the hundreds of filler sets they create). They've banked any deep character customization into set bonuses, RNG procs, and problematic champion-point passives. Devs actively destroy any build diversity with each patch. Now they are nerfing class abilities and buffing Mages guild, Fighter's Guild, Alliance skills, and Soul Trap so they can push more crown sales, which will encourage them to make even more terrible skill lines in the future. This is most certainly fun.

I've had a "master" crafter for a few years now and I can say crafting in ESO is very much fun. Of the 9 traits we end up researching, only about 4 from each craft are actually useful for the rest of the game. Most crafted sets which require 9-trait investment are worse than most sets which require 4-6 traits (Torug's Pact only requires 3). Good thing there are only a few crafted sets which i'd actually want to use... The best part of crafting was the introduction of transmutation, which was added too late, is hard to get without dlc, and is hampered by arbitrary costs and stone caps, which is likely by design so they can monetize it in the cash shop later with convenience fees. This is most certainly fun.

Overland content is fun because it is basically an over-sized stage for the chapter/dlc story these days. There's Dolmens/Geysers/Dragons/world bosses, but there haven't been any good overland sets anymore released since Briarheart with Orsinium so there's little reason to pursue these. I only need to do World Bosses now so that i can try to get the same motif chapter over and over from daily RNG boxes. It's fun that Blackrose Prison was a waste of development time, since nobody wants the underwhelming weapons which drop there, so i don't really have to worry about that either. This is most certainly fun.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    It's fun because there is no real, deep theory-crafting. Good character builds in this game basically boil down to a few good sets that you can count on your fingers (out of the hundreds of filler sets they create). They've banked any deep character customization into set bonuses, RNG procs, and problematic champion-point passives. Devs actively destroy any build diversity with each patch. Now they are nerfing class abilities and buffing Mages guild, Fighter's Guild, Alliance skills, and Soul Trap so they can push more crown sales, which will encourage them to make even more terrible skill lines in the future. This is most certainly fun.

I've had a "master" crafter for a few years now and I can say crafting in ESO is very much fun. Of the 9 traits we end up researching, only about 4 from each craft are actually useful for the rest of the game. Most crafted sets which require 9-trait investment are worse than most sets which require 4-6 traits (Torug's Pact only requires 3). Good thing there are only a few crafted sets which i'd actually want to use... The best part of crafting was the introduction of transmutation, which was added too late, is hard to get without dlc, and is hampered by arbitrary costs and stone caps, which is likely by design so they can monetize it in the cash shop later with convenience fees. This is most certainly fun.

Overland content is fun because it is basically an over-sized stage for the chapter/dlc story these days. There's Dolmens/Geysers/Dragons/world bosses, but there haven't been any good overland sets anymore released since Briarheart with Orsinium so there's little reason to pursue these. I only need to do World Bosses now so that i can try to get the same motif chapter over and over from daily RNG boxes. It's fun that Blackrose Prison was a waste of development time, since nobody wants the underwhelming weapons which drop there, so i don't really have to worry about that either. This is most certainly fun.

Hey I get requests for armor Master every once in awhile and that makes it seem like it was worth actually researching for a year-and-a-half all the traits so you know that was fun
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i assume thats a parody thread?
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play simply to set in chat and talk to my guild who are my friends I haven't really touched content since I don't know but I know I've been elsewhere nice joke huh but no seriously the fun of the game has been tooken away with all the changing to every bit of the game that we know of in the last 5 Years I mean it. Seriously you would think that now you're playing a whole new game my main character it's a full time crafter I don't even use it unless I need to craft something that's sad I mean it has everything in the base game done but yet i can't find the same enjoyment that I had on it from day one today by no means and I think that 85% of those changes has happened because players Just Wanna Cry all the time about this being too strong are there class feeling to weak and ESO development team just sucks it right on up change the game for everybody else what was the last count for their player base and how many people actually talk in these threads 2%.
    Lets see
    Base game 100%
    IC 100%
    Orc 84% cant seem to not fly into air to my death in msa and see no need to do if not done 100% so i stopped going into it
    TG 92% always get seen by the millions of hiding adds with night vision and lights
    DB 100%
    SotH 100%
    MW 100%
    HotR 15%
    CwC 100%
    Drag bone 30%
    SS 100%
    WH 15%
    Murk 100%
    WS 25%
    Els 30% CANT SEEM TO LOAD IN 85% OF TIME SO ITS AN NO GO AREA
    You see the decline in Dungeon running due to performance issues within the dungeons their self and the trials within new areas I have all craghorn vet hard mode trials 100%pre tam 1 because they WAS FUN

yup the nice combination if declining performance and the same old same old game meta with no incnetive to get anything from new dungeons isn't really creating a lot of excitement ^^
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s also very pretty

Ya it depends on how you define easy.

But personally, the combat can be dynamic and interesting. It's fun to watch tactical scenarios play out. It's fun to take a commonly held belief and work the math to bend the physics of what is allowed or commonly held to be doctrine. As much as I get into rage at times at people, players challenge you in different ways at different times and it pushes you to play better and strategize better.

The problem I think though is that in worshipping group play they have created an artificial ceiling for the individual player and that has really taken away from combat - where for example you could be facing off against an entire group, lose half your group and come out on top because you play it like a boss. This is not so much true anymore.

Character customisation is a lot of fun too.
    Edited by Cathexis on August 4, 2019 10:52PM
    Tome of Alteration Magic I - Reality is an Ancient Dwemer Construct: Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps

Tome of Alteration Magic II - The Manual of the Deceiver: A Beginner's Guide to Thieving
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462509/tome-of-alteration-mastery-ii-the-decievers-manual-thieving-guide-for-new-characters

Ultrawide ESO Adventure Screenshots - 7680 x 1080 Resolution
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/505262/adventures-in-ultra-ultrawide-an-ongoing-series
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multi faceted game. I can work on crafty/Farmville type stuff, PvE and most times get a good storyline, or PvP and scratch that itch.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting enjoyment out of the game again because my five year old actually is playing the game not joking he runs dungeons with me but enjoyment ain't the game it's his enjoyment of leveling up and hitting CP and all those fun things but I guess you know it's still enjoyment
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on August 5, 2019 6:35AM
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    ...it's one of the only things I have left..that truly takes me away from everything...EVERYTHING!
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can overland quest with my grandmother one hour, and then play in Cyrodiil to try a new build (spoiler: it's not better than the meta). I can play with my casual guild with hide and seek or theft nights, and then do trials with my brother and mom. There's so much variety and the combat is thankfully better than most MMOs.
  • SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Setting aside concerns about balancing, roles, and performance, here’s what I really like:

-it IS pretty for an MMO, I’ll take ESO’s style over Blizzard’s cartoony approach

-LGBT characters and plenty of female characters whose lives don’t revolve around romance

-good character creation- so many options for body types alone!

-expanding TES lore

-good quests- some are sad, some cheesy, some genuinely funny

-the MUSIC

-Alfiq

I have many complaints about actual gameplay, but I’ll leave them in other threads.
    Edited by SassiestAssassin on August 5, 2019 2:31PM
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I invented lag and sold it to ZOS for 50 Crowns, now I get to see it put to it's ultimate use.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres so many aspects of the game. No matter what mood I'm in, I can find something to do.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else, but I just love the nerfs around here.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but I just love the nerfs around here.

Good one good one oh I know it's not true
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    full voice acting, DPS has such a high skill ceiling and feels good to progress, storyline is great, lots of rich environments, fashion is addicting and great, skins feel amazing to wear- especially after getting a tough one-, and more.

It has a little something for everyone. And i mean that nonironically.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer