Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.1 is available.

ESO is fun to play because...

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
fast paced action packed combat system
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you-right-fam-8cyxfv.jpg
    EU PC
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    incredibly deep theorycrafting for experienced players.

balanced with super easy content for new players.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more content you’re good at in the game, the more you’re rewarded. The best builds requires skills, gear, crafting, and questing from all areas of pve and pvp.
  • SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    It’s also very pretty
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All questing is fully voiced over making for incredible immersion.
  • liningtonsweldingb16_ESO
    Build crafting... then implementing your builds and ideas against other players
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build crafting... then implementing your builds and ideas against other players

exactly that. Altough by now I feel ESO has become much less "fun" because viable build crafting itself is getting more limited with every patch I feel. Also new item sets are very generic (new ones not so much).
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown store
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because when it works properly, both PVP amd PVE make for a great night playing with friends.

When ESO doesnt work properly, its a frustrating night of trying to play with my friends.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beautiful loadscreen artwork
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The artwork is beautiful and the music is amazing
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forum is better than the game at this point😬
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's Tamriel! Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because ZOS doesn’t have a clue about the cheese they enable
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fish, guildies, street dance flash mobs and beach parties.

Wait .. that was a summary of last weekend.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a) Because it's Elder Scrolls
    b) Because everything - most NPCs included - is looking good to great
    c) Because of the music
    d) Because of a constant influx of new content.

As for d) ... when I told a RL friend of mine (who seems to be something of a local MMORPG VIP) that I had finally caved in and bought ESO back in early 2015, he just shook his head.
    "Oh dear. Nice-looking game and all, but no content!! I was done with everything after 7 weeks, now I'm back to playing [WoW, GW2, FFXIV, SWtOR, WoT and many more]."
    Well, it's mid-2019 and I'm still at 600something CP, and waaaay not done with everything.
    But to be fair, he's a competitive PvP/PvE endgame guy while I'm an explorer and builder, so ... different goals I guess.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not play if ESO was not The Elder Scrolls.
    ESO is 30% good and 70% trash.
    I don't expect anymore.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Have you ever stumbled upon Path of Exile?

this is just the passive tree

https://goldkk.com/upload/20190115/6368316624122360769234575.png
    Edited by Xvorg on August 2, 2019 3:55PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

You mean fact that everybody in PVE runs the same 2-3 classes with similar generic builds and gear?

Tbh, ESO will be amazing game, if:
    1st priority: fix performance in PVP / trials
    2nd priority: fix balance
    3rd priority: made overland optional instances with proper action RPG instead of snoozefest

As for now all types of content are flawed with different problems, and only way to have fun is to run with friends. But given that you can have fun with friends in any game, that kind of fun can't be used to promote ESO as a "fun game".
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the world changes as I complete quests! :smiley: I have been so thrilled to see this as I progress through the Elsweyr quest line, overhear dialogue between NPCs, etc. There are some repeatable quests, but they are optional and unobtrusive and repeated gathering quests for instance makes sense. In contrast, in some MMOs the same NPCs are always calling to be rescued or help with the same mission, ughhhh, which is neither fun nor immersive.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm...have to think about that one. Since ZOS began unrelentingly slamming the nerf hammer with Murkmire, I guess the main source of fun for me is the friendships I've made. The game itself? Not so much. Now with this "combat vision" gut punch of a patch...well...it makes me wonder why I'm staring at a forum screen instead of playing the game.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the healer changes haven't gone live yet
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Because the world changes as I complete quests! :smiley: I have been so thrilled to see this as I progress through the Elsweyr quest line, overhear dialogue between NPCs, etc. There are some repeatable quests, but they are optional and unobtrusive and repeated gathering quests for instance makes sense. In contrast, in some MMOs the same NPCs are always calling to be rescued or help with the same mission, ughhhh, which is neither fun nor immersive.

That is the same reason I liked ESO. I finally got tired of the combat changes and unsubscribed, didn't care about nerfs really just the constant combat changes to magsorcs and stamina dk which were my only two characters. I've been trying to find a reason to start playing again. Didn't want to invest time in any characters anymore never knowing from one patch to the next if all my work in learning how to play it the best I can would be for nought.

It is the best game I've ever played however but fear it's going downhill fast.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the same reason I liked ESO. I finally got tired of the combat changes and unsubscribed, didn't care about nerfs really just the constant combat changes to magsorcs and stamina dk which were my only two characters. I've been trying to find a reason to start playing again. Didn't want to invest time in any characters anymore never knowing from one patch to the next if all my work in learning how to play it the best I can would be for nought.

Ugh, I hope not! :anguished: Continual nerfs and invalidation of builds is part of why I took a break from GW2 to try ESO. If the power of something is adjusted to bring things in line or whatever, fine, I don’t care about or even pursue being most powerful. But after evolving my play style and build over time, making it just not work at all or any fun any more is crap and I really wish developers wouldn’t do this. :(

On a positive note, another thing I’m really enjoying about ESO is how I can pursue any mission anywhere regardless of level! That makes me feel much less pressure to level as I can do what a I want now (I’m sure there are group things I’d need to have high level and gear for but I’m not ready for that yet much less my characters so that’s okay). :)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ugh, I hope not! :anguished: Continual nerfs and invalidation of builds is part of why I took a break from GW2 to try ESO. If the power of something is adjusted to bring things in line or whatever, fine, I don’t care about or even pursue being most powerful. But after evolving my play style and build over time, making it just not work at all or any fun any more is crap and I really wish developers wouldn’t do this. :(

On a positive note, another thing I’m really enjoying about ESO is how I can pursue any mission anywhere regardless of level! That makes me feel much less pressure to level as I can do what a I want now (I’m sure there are group things I’d need to have high level and gear for but I’m not ready for that yet much less my characters so that’s okay). :)

Welcome to Nerfland, home to the "Nerf sorcs" and "nerf NBs" squads
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop complaining! This is a happy thread!

I like to play ESO because

- of the many options to build your character
    - of the amazing range of visual options to create and dress your character
    - of the excellent visuals in the many areas, where I can take a screenshot and use it for a desktop backgroud
    - of the social element and how it brings people together
    - of the passion the ZoS team - despite everything - still seems to have, which makes me believe ESO has a good future.

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play simply to set in chat and talk to my guild who are my friends I haven't really touched content since I don't know but I know I've been elsewhere nice joke huh but no seriously the fun of the game has been tooken away with all the changing to every bit of the game that we know of in the last 5 Years I mean it. Seriously you would think that now you're playing a whole new game my main character it's a full time crafter I don't even use it unless I need to craft something that's sad I mean it has everything in the base game done but yet i can't find the same enjoyment that I had on it from day one today by no means and I think that 85% of those changes has happened because players Just Wanna Cry all the time about this being too strong are there class feeling to weak and ESO development team just sucks it right on up change the game for everybody else what was the last count for their player base and how many people actually talk in these threads 2%.
    Lets see
    Base game 100%
    IC 100%
    Orc 84% cant seem to not fly into air to my death in msa and see no need to do if not done 100% so i stopped going into it
    TG 92% always get seen by the millions of hiding adds with night vision and lights
    DB 100%
    SotH 100%
    MW 100%
    HotR 15%
    CwC 100%
    Drag bone 30%
    SS 100%
    WH 15%
    Murk 100%
    WS 25%
    Els 30% CANT SEEM TO LOAD IN 85% OF TIME SO ITS AN NO GO AREA
    You see the decline in Dungeon running due to performance issues within the dungeons their self and the trials within new areas I have all craghorn vet hard mode trials 100%pre tam 1 because they WAS FUN
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on August 3, 2019 12:12PM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...you're not forced to do any particular content in any order. You can reach endgame on your own terms.

You are not forced to play through all the old content to try out the new stuff.

You can be a DPS, tank or healer. However, if you like soloing, you can make a build that can do all the above and then tackle vet content solo.

The outfit system is awesome.

Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO is great because:

1) Ezabi
    2-10) Ezabi
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭