Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improve performance by simplifying consumables and crafting items

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people LIKE to craft.

At one point I had a lot of fun collecting every recipe in game.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    It's... It's like you actually believe each player owned lemon has its own unique database record.

That not how that works. That not how *any* of that works.

Actually if I recall correctly it is. To prevent duping Zen implemented a unique item identifier for everything. Each asset gets a unique number

If it Stacks, it does not have a unique ID. Like say Enchanting Runes, or other Crafted Items. Mats stack, each has the same ID.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    No Soylent Green Scrolls. The different names and descriptions recipes have are fun. I also like being able to create the same effects with different ingredients. More recipes and ingredients. Keep 'em coming.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    <snip>

You should be thrilled they already simplified and revamped provisioning. It used to have a LOT more ingredients. You didn't just have "flour", you had "baker's flour" or "cake flour" or "milled flour" or "Imperial flour"..... Nice chart of how it used to be: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/74278/provisioning-ingredients-quick-reference

:o OMG. That is sincerely frightening.

It now explains why I can't harvest Berves Juice or Frost Miriam.
    On the off-chance that I can, I'd really like to know where from...

Berves Juice or Frost Miriam comes from doing the Provisioning crafting wrtis, mainly for those who are leveled in the craft. And they occasionally come from the hirelings.

Yes, thank you! It still now explains why I can't harvest Berves Juice or Frost Miriam.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heyodude wrote: »
    Killing overland animals and looting their corpse should drop a ration.

1 ration can make any green recipe
    2 rations can make any blue recipe
    2 rations and a frost mirriam should make any purple recipe
    2 rations and a roe should make any gold recipe

It's an immersion thing. I already feel funny about how Rolis Hlaalu lets it go when I use mystery meat in place of rabbit meat in his orders of Jugged Rabbit.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    It's... It's like you actually believe each player owned lemon has its own unique database record.

Actually if I recall correctly it is. To prevent duping Zen implemented a unique item identifier for everything. Each asset gets a unique number

If it Stacks, it does not have a unique ID. Like say Enchanting Runes, or other Crafted Items. Mats stack, each has the same ID.

Dont think so. But my memory is fuzzy on that. Do you write apps for the game? I recal a software engineer who does and as I I remeber he told me they all have a unique ID. It was actually an issue for a discord app he was writing to pull eso item data down for out of game searches.

Are you speculating or can you attest to it as a verified fact?

Cloning mats was one of the specific reasons for the ID changes I thought.
    Edited by Skwor on July 31, 2019 11:43PM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dont think so. But my memory is fuzzy on that. Do you write apps for the game? I recal a software engineer who does and as I I remeber he told me they all have a unique ID. It was actually an issue for a discord app he was writing to pull eso item data down for out of game searches.

Iirc, the dup bug was related to the guild bank and the solution was to not allow stacking within that framework, so each partial stack in gb would have a different entry, but player inventories weren't affected by the dup bug.

Something about multiple people withdrawing the same stack at once from the gb...
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Item Dup glitch had nothing to do with the FormIDs. It had to do with things not getting removed from inventory when a certain sequence of events occurred so items got duplicated.

The FormIDs work the same way as the single player games because this engine is not all that different than the single player game. And, yes I have built and modified many mods, which is the same process for how this game is essentially coded. So, this is not conjecture, but logic.

What you are suggesting would mean very single object in the game that could be picked up would have a unique ID. And, there would be no way to randomly spawn items. Nor would the game be able to offer the Stacking Function to combine items into one stack as we have now. Your right that if every object had a unique I'd would effect performance in such a way that the game would be unplayable, and most of the game systems would simply not work and cell loads would take forever.

The work to put into offline storage idle accounts has nothing to do with in game performance but character load performance to fill up the character select screen. That is when all the character files have to be scanned.

If there are multiple items of the same type, Lemons, as suggested earlier in this thread, it is simply denoted as a count. Further evidence comes in certain Crown items, those that come from Crates stack different than those that come from say, the store. That is because the IDs are different for each type, but they are still tallied as a count.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Item Dup glitch had nothing to do with the FormIDs. It had to do with things not getting removed from inventory when a certain sequence of events occurred so items got duplicated.

The FormIDs work the same way as the single player games because this engine is not all that different than the single player game. And, yes I have built and modified many mods, which is the same process for how this game is essentially coded. So, this is not conjecture, but logic.

What you are suggesting would mean very single object in the game that could be picked up would have a unique ID. And, there would be no way to randomly spawn items. Nor would the game be able to offer the Stacking Function to combine items into one stack as we have now. Your right that if every object had a unique I'd would effect performance in such a way that the game would be unplayable, and most of the game systems would simply not work and cell loads would take forever.

The work to put into offline storage idle accounts has nothing to do with in game performance but character load performance to fill up the character select screen. That is when all the character files have to be scanned.

If there are multiple items of the same type, Lemons, as suggested earlier in this thread, it is simply denoted as a count. Further evidence comes in certain Crown items, those that come from Crates stack different than those that come from say, the store. That is because the IDs are different for each type, but they are still tallied as a count.

Thank you for the insight
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    <snip>

You should be thrilled they already simplified and revamped provisioning. It used to have a LOT more ingredients. You didn't just have "flour", you had "baker's flour" or "cake flour" or "milled flour" or "Imperial flour"..... Nice chart of how it used to be: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/74278/provisioning-ingredients-quick-reference

:o OMG. That is sincerely frightening.

It now explains why I can't harvest Berves Juice or Frost Miriam.
    On the off-chance that I can, I'd really like to know where from...

You can't. Now those are only available from your hireling or writ rewards.