The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming stamblade nerf

Dzadzey
Dzadzey
✭✭✭
I've been hearing alot of buzz about how hard stamblades are gonna be nerfed in teh upcoming content drop, and was wondering if there's any truth to it. Should I just go ahead and retire my stamblade? Or is it worth respecing and continuing to play it, especially since I don't do PvP.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's fine- still a very strong class. I wouldn't worry.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing stamblade for a year now, i tried magplar for 1 month, my magplar outdps my stamblade by 6k, and i cant find a way to bring my stamblade's dps on par, they are both khajiits, so racial passives are the same for both
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's left on stamblade to nerf? That ship sailed.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dzadzey wrote: »
    I've been hearing alot of buzz about how hard stamblades are gonna be nerfed in teh upcoming content drop, and was wondering if there's any truth to it.

I hear that same *** from stamblades every time we get a new update.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a radical sort and I'm just gonna' adapt.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    check the pts patch notes
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade one more patch ???? jesus stop this please.

do you have a link for pts patch note please Spaceman
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblade one more patch ???? jesus stop this please.

do you have a link for pts patch note please Spaceman

check versions v5.1.0 to v5.1.3 at the top
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry stamblades can still kill you.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EVERYTHING is getting nerfed.
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PVE, stamblades are down on the list now. Maybe 4th or 5th best? Still respectable dps, especially compared to magicka classes. However, they are no longer the "best" for PVE dps.

Are you a stamblade main or dps main? If you're a stamblade main, you should stay with stamblade. If you're a dps main, switch to stamcro (or stamsorc). Stamcros are particularly good due to their passive of 10% increased DoT damage (and dots are everything in PTS right now), their ult (30% increased damage taken for 5 seconds RAID WIDE), and their execution damage (basically all crits).

I personally have no loyalty to any one class, only my role. I'll play whichever gives me the best performance.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the Grim Focus, Surprise Attack and Incap nerfs, upcoming ones arent that big.

Grim focus dmg reduction becomes 10percent and Shade costs more. Plus Power Extraction dmg nerf.

But considering Seventh Legion changes and SnB changes, heavyblades probably wont be preferred as much as now.
    Edited by hakan on July 30, 2019 6:46PM
  • Dzadzey
    Dzadzey
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info all!
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalathorm wrote: »
    In PVE, stamblades are down on the list now. Maybe 4th or 5th best? Still respectable dps, especially compared to magicka classes. However, they are no longer the "best" for PVE dps.

Are you a stamblade main or dps main? If you're a stamblade main, you should stay with stamblade. If you're a dps main, switch to stamcro (or stamsorc). Stamcros are particularly good due to their passive of 10% increased DoT damage (and dots are everything in PTS right now), their ult (30% increased damage taken for 5 seconds RAID WIDE), and their execution damage (basically all crits).

I personally have no loyalty to any one class, only my role. I'll play whichever gives me the best performance.

Yep, this is eventually the mindset you want to work towards as a DPS. If you're goal is to progress the hardest content and always be a viable option for your Vet squad, you need to be able to adapt. This means, having a lot of the classes maxed out so you can easily swap to them if need be. It also gives you an overall better understanding on "DPS", classes, and just group composition, as if you're knowledgeable in all the classes you can get the most out of them. If you're just role playing for PooPoo and Giggles, then honestly no patch is really going to throw you too far off.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    I have been playing stamblade for a year now, i tried magplar for 1 month, my magplar outdps my stamblade by 6k, and i cant find a way to bring my stamblade's dps on par, they are both khajiits, so racial passives are the same for both

It could be because Stamblade is actually harder to play than magplar (imo) because of bow procs. My Stamblade does a lot more damage than my magicka chars, last I tried my stamblade parsed 10k above my magblade lol (and yes i need to git gud on magblade, but still that's a lot)
    Edited by Nevasca on July 30, 2019 7:21PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    I've been hearing alot of buzz about how hard stamblades are gonna be nerfed in teh upcoming content drop, and was wondering if there's any truth to it.

Pfff try to play magblade. We are nerfed every patch because ZOS can't see the difference between stamina and magicka spec so in the end one of the weakest specs is nerfed harder than stamina one because the stam spec is on top (PvP wise at least). Awesome!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

Because it's true?

Last few patches, they have been nerfblades.
    hakan wrote: »
    Considering the Grim Focus, Surprise Attack and Incap nerfs, upcoming ones arent that big.

Grim focus dmg reduction becomes 10percent and Shade costs more. Plus Power Extraction dmg nerf.

But considering Seventh Legion changes and SnB changes, heavyblades probably wont be preferred as much as now.

That 7th legion change was just spiteful.

No reason to prevent their major ward skills from activating the set.
    Edited by Royalthought on July 30, 2019 10:34PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s always a way to play your class as a nb main we will be fine. If you still worry just look how players adapt on all kinds classes pvp and pve YouTube is your friend 👍
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahahhahah again nerf stamblade??? Next nerf should be just deleting stamblade from eso...
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahahhahah again nerf stamblade??? Next nerf should be just deleting stamblade from eso...

Somebody has lost some fights.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

Im pve player, zero in pvp
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

Im pve player, zero in pvp

Somebody got thier trial spot taken by a nightblade.