Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Martial Knowledge nerf?

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am wondering who tester asked to nerf this set ?
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Not saying it's a good DPS set, but it was never a tank/healer set, which was why they probably changed it.
    This is interesting opinion. But at this point of this game, sets that buff the group in any way are considered for tank/healer.
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    I was excited to use this in pvp in its original form. In it's current form I don't think it's useful enough to use, and I agree in PVE that it's also equally a tough fit. Reduce the buff but give us the 75% proc condition maybe to even it out?
    To be of good use, this set with 50% stamina condition would need to had longer duration and longer CD, let’s say 20 sec duration with 15 sec coldown.
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    People still use this set? I thought this set died out years ago.
    It died, got ressurected, then nerfed a bit.
    Edited by satanio on July 30, 2019 6:54AM
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    p00tx wrote: »
    To the OP, this may seem like a massive nerf, but the changes to Bone Surge make it (Bone Surge) a really attractive stam skill for healers, since it's going to give Major Vitality to 6 players at once now, which is really needed after losing some of our layered healing capabilities (assuming they fix the over-performing EV). Keeping up PotL and BS should keep our stam low enough to reliably proc this set. The uptime issue is kinda ugly, and I'm not sure I understand why they felt it was necessary, but It can be extended to 7 seconds with Jorvulds.
    I agree that healer, or magDD, are now only specs that can wear it and use it reliably. But the downside is being at 50% stamina. I stated that it could be dangerous for a healer to use in a trial situation and I hope that you could also address this concern. Do you think that it is worth the danger of being not broken free out of stun and potentionally die? Will you use it once the patch comes live?

Didn't know that it is extendable. Thanks for info. Will definitely try that.

Yes, in theory you're very likely correct. In practice though, I think it'd be fine. The break free ability has been broken for a very long time, and barely functions properly even with full stam, and this hasn't stopped us from being able to complete content. I'm currently already running Bone Surge and Power of the Light on my Templar in most dungeons for both the extra synergy/Major Vitality(BS), and for the passives offered by using a Dawn's Wrath skill as well as the minor breach/fracture(PotL). These skills keep my stamina pool at pretty low levels throughout a given fight, and it hasn't affected my survival in any noticeable way, yet. I do have to be a little more mindful of how often I use BS in heavy block mechanic fights, so I don't lose my block mitigation to an empty stam pool at the wrong moment.

Great point though!
    Edited by p00tx on August 1, 2019 4:47PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx for insight. I'll try to persuade our healers into trying this set on PTS in action.
    About this:
    but It can be extended to 7 seconds with Jorvulds.
    I tried MK with Jorvuld on PTS, and it does not extend the length of the MK since it's a debuff.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    Thx for insight. I'll try to persuade our healers into trying this set on PTS in action.
    About this:
    but It can be extended to 7 seconds with Jorvulds.
    I tried MK with Jorvuld on PTS, and it does not extend the length of the MK since it's a debuff.

Damn. Good to know. Back to square one I guess.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero