The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Performance Improvements Timeline 2019/2020

scorpius2k1
scorpius2k1
✭✭✭✭✭
Looks promising!

eso-performance-improvements-timeline-2019-2020.png

Source: From Bethesda Twitch Stream
🌎 PC/NA
🐧 Linux (Arch)
🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note: We will be required to redownload the entire game next year to improve performance.
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 27, 2019 7:48PM
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Damn, you beat me to it!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what Matt said this should be great
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be the joke of the year and next year. XD
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    of all things performance is what matters the most. I don't care about housing, pets, or even chapter/dlc content. If your game doesn't run properly there is no point in even playing the game in the first place.
    Edited by Kalante on July 27, 2019 10:01PM
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So covering lies in stardust and nice photoshop presentations is a thing now?
    Edited by KoultouraS on July 27, 2019 7:49PM
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad to see they finally are putting out concrete "this is what we are doing" information. It's way later than I would have liked, but if we see improved ping and performance, I'll reinstall the client three times if I have to. I love this game, but doing trials on the servers at the moment is like watching the Elder Anime Online at best.
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy that they are paying attention to the performance issues that people have been screaming about. Don't mind re-downloading the game if it makes a difference.
    Edited by LadyHeloise on July 27, 2019 7:52PM
    PC-EU.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Side note: We will be required to redownload the entire game next year to improve performance.

Good news is that the size will much smaller than todays, since they are cutting a lot of old assets that are not used anymore.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nOt a sILvEr buLLeT
    Edited by Mashille on July 27, 2019 7:55PM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right,performance fix.......now,where did i heard this before?
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complete re-write of Looking for group System - I hope they will include all content now, arenas & trials too.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    highkingnm wrote: »
    I am glad to see they finally are putting out concrete "this is what we are doing" information.

Yup. Very happy to see this information, and regular updates, even if it is "still working on it" is most welcome.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if it got lost in the tidalwave of information, but not-Matt (sorry can't recall his name) promised that from next month I think it was, they'll do monthly info updates on how the process is going, if anything's been changed, what they're currently working on.
    Assuming that holds true then the people who have been talking about getting better info, or just wanting them to inform better (like me), seems to be getting what we want.

If all of this holds, then this could be really great. And if it means I have to redownload, then so be it.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Literally lagged out and DCed in Cyrodiil while watching the show. But hey, at least we can wait a few more months for performance upgrades...
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when I see it in game.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on July 27, 2019 7:56PM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Amira
    Amira
    ✭✭✭
    Looks promising!

Sure only thing optimized will be the crown crates. Have seen many promises with little results.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear this every year. But ok, lets see if this go live or will gonna be pushed to 202x.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to the above, they also said these changes will be more impactful on slower machines, like base consoles.

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance discussions starts at about 1:10:00

Edited by MisterBigglesworth on July 27, 2019 8:03PM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So promising that Zos actually addresses it and has discussions on the game's performance in all the forum posts on here....Ouh wait :|

I am thinking of the crown store.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Good news is that the size will much smaller than todays, since they are cutting a lot of old assets that are not used anymore.

Yeah I remember Black Desert doing that. I hadn't played in years and login in to a huge download to find the game's size was small now.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is why they don’t talk to us. When they actually say something it’s all “yeah right I’ll believe it when I see it”
    Or “did you pay people to be there”

This is why reasonable requests can’t get in, because of all the negativity. Have they earned your disbelief? Maybe they have. Things change, companies change. How about trying to be optimistic as a radical idea. Until they start dodging responsibility on collapsing sweat shops maybe we could vilify zos less?

If I get accused of whiteknighting with my record of complaints I swear to Azura....
    Edited by max_only on July 27, 2019 8:10PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amira wrote: »
    Looks promising!

Sure only thing optimized will be the crown crates. Have seen many promises with little results.

Well, now that they have said more than "it is high priority for us" and released a timeline, we will start to see the fruits of all this.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. As soon as I will see results of that I will reconsider to subscribe.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    So this is why they don’t talk to us. When they actually say something it’s all “yeah right I’ll believe it when I see it”
    Or “did you pay people to be there”

This is why reasonable requests can’t get in, because of all the negativity. Have they earned your disbelief? Maybe they have. Things change, companies change. How about trying to be optimistic as a radical idea. Until they start dodging responsibility on collapsing sweat shops maybe we could vilify zos less?

If I get accused of whiteknighting with my record if complaints I swear to Azura....

I think they have earned this attitude. I'm sure you remember what Gina told us about improving the communication last November... they didn't improve too much till now. Maybe we will see more on that front too.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they elaborate on what 'Account database "cold storage"' means?

I can imagine a few possibilities based on the name, but it would be nice to know what it actually is.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭

^^ This.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if it got lost in the tidalwave of information, but not-Matt (sorry can't recall his name) promised that from next month I think it was, they'll do monthly info updates on how the process is going, if anything's been changed, what they're currently working on.
    Assuming that holds true then the people who have been talking about getting better info, or just wanting them to inform better (like me), seems to be getting what we want.

If all of this holds, then this could be really great. And if it means I have to redownload, then so be it.

I predict this will last as long as the monthly combat updates that got two installments after the initial post.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Did they elaborate on what 'Account database "cold storage"' means?

I can imagine a few possibilities based on the name, but it would be nice to know what it actually is.

I suspect that old and unused accounts are cluttering up the database, potentially impacting the database performance. They are probably going to archive older accounts in a way that will get them out of the active database, yet allow a way to recover them in the player wants to resume playing.

Firor said they get players that just show up for the Chapters, play through them, and then resume life. That tells me that it will be really old accounts, like more than a couple years since they were last used.