The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for PvP DPS

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel-256 wrote: »
    I just feel like these changes are not for the good of the community. The majority is against them yet that will have no effect on the devs for it will still get pushed thru. Go try healing VHOF with these changes. I also have an actual problem with my own PVP scenario. I play nightblade alongside my friend. We cast at the same time for gank blading yet for some reason he is able to stealth away and I'm not. I can spam cloak and hope I am able to get behind a rock and eventually go stealth, but it wont let me. I open up with lethal arrow(bow tree) then poison arrow(bow tree). People keep telling me poison arrow dot will bring you out of stealth, well thats not correct because my friend uses it on people and he stealths just fine, now I see it bringing the enemy out once they are hit but not the person using it. Only difference in his build and mine is he uses focused aim instead of lethal arrow. I've tried placing a ticket on this but only get the response of can you go more into detail about what is going on? I mean I just told you lol. But yea everyday I log into PVP I already know I'm going to die if I dont kill the person I attack, because of not being able to stealth.

As a Stam Nightblade Main I understand exactly what you're talking about and I see it all the time but I don't rely on stealth for nothing but its resistance passive anyways so the effects are minimum in my case I can live
    And it's also the same for nightblades being able to stealth Dodge any type of dot Applied to them
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on July 14, 2019 7:16PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Regeneration and Mutagen might feel sufficient when dueling with those skills but for anyone pvping in cyrodiil or bgs regularly and using the old two target hitting versions it´s imo VERY apparent that having these heals work only for 1 target on a smart healing function is going to cause a lot of unhappy players.

If you want to redesign them to be a more potent form of selfhealing provided by restostaff they have to do so reliably for the person using them.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    I have experience from no-CP PvP as that's what I play in the game. Not PvE, not CP enabled PvP. With over 1k CP I still choose to only play PvP where CP isn't enabled. Here's a few thoughts from my perspective:

Feels like bleeds lack their identity now with the armor ignoring portion gone. Overall I think bleeds and other damage over time abilities will become too weak due to the amount of increased healing over time everybody will have (vigor, rapid regen). Exception to this is soul trap with Oblivion's Foe set that is vastly overpeforming amy other damage over time ability. So what will happen is everybody is forced to run burst builds. I'm not saying there's anything bad about burst, but it shouldn't be the only option. So because people are forced to run burst builds to kill people, people will build their character to be tanky enough not to get bursted. That means resistances or major/minor protection. I personally think major protection (Pirate Skeleton, Daedric Trickery, Spectral Cloak a.k.a. BRP dual wield, Steadfast Hero) will come on top and I will be forced to slot one of these.

Anyhow even more people will run with higher resistances and/or health to not get bursted so resistance ignoring abilities become more valuable. Bleeds used to fill that role and I think you could argue that they were overperforming. Anyway continuing with resistance ignoring abilities! Corrosive Armor and the new Onslaught will be vastly overperforming when compared to any other ultimate in the game at least when it comes down to smaller battles where single target damage is relevant. I suggest changing the armor ignoring function to a % based armor ignore, but not full. Something like 50%? I don't know. Also resistance penetration time (16 seconds) from using Onslaught is too long. 2h ultimate is already strong the way it currently is. I just want a reason to slot any other damage ultimate. Then there's oblivion damage or should I say lack of it? We're looking at weapon glyph, Sload's Semblance 5 piece, and Knight Slayer 5 piece. Weapon glyph can be amplified with using a 2-handed weapon, infused trait. Torug's Pact 5 piece doesn't affect oblivion damage enchant damage portion anymore which may be a good change. Knight Slayer has weird set bonuses for a stamina character. So in place of bleeds we basically have Sload's Semblance 5 piece which is dodgeable but more importantly can be healed through because of increased healing over time next patch.

Then there's major evasion. I think this buff being so easily available is unhealthy for the game. Major evasion makes certain skills like dawnbreaker, templar jabs, templar sweep ultimate, sorcerer hurricane, dragonknight leap ultimate, nightblade soul tether ultimate etc. very weak against specific targets that do have this aoe damage reduction active on them. I would propose you tone the damage of those aoe skills to the strenght you want them to be at and not have this weird buff that has a 100% uptime. I feel like the counter to aoe abilities should be not stacking and they should be blockable if you see one coming. I mean if you go against multiple opponents you are already putting yourself in a risky situation where multiple people can bash your face in. So you should be rewarded for being in there. If you invest in defense to be in the middle of everyone, these AoE damage skills should not be too dangerous to your opponents anyway. If you don't invest in defense and are squishy, you should be rewarded for pulling off a risky move. That is if you didn't die. Major evasion was supposed to be only for medium armor users, and nightblades. Only those two could keep the buff up 100% of the time. It was for medium armor users so they could survive while being squishy compared to heavy armor. Now that there are so many ways to increase your resistances while being in medium armor, this buff makes medium armor too tanky. Even though a lot of the class identity of a nightblade is to be this single target assassin, I think nightblades having this buff available to them is unhealthy for the game. I would rather you gave them better tools to deal single target damage than provide aoe damage reduction. I would rather have that function as an item set (Leki's Focus which might also turn out to overperform with the vigor change) than a class skill. All item sets that provide major evasion (gossamer, hist bark, spectre's eye) are not up 100% of the time and therefore I don't think are a problem. And now you want to give major evasion to momentum as well? Do you understand how many people would run with this buff active? Please no. I think major evasion should be removed from the medium armor skill Evasion (even though the name fits) and the nightblade skill blur. That or give all magicka classes the option to get this buff with a 100% uptime and increase all AoE skills damage by 33% (which would be very bad). This buff will just create problems for you. Just change it to fart rainbows or something. I don't care. Change it please.
    Edited by Wihuri on July 16, 2019 9:12AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Wardens & Necros need reliable instant on demand stuns comparable to the (variety) of tools available to the oldschool classes (Templar, DK, Sorc and NB) to have a chance at actually landing their DPS on the target.

That issue is and will become even more problematic next patch because:

1) both of those classes lack accessible executes as well
    2) the incoming meta shift to medium armor powered, aoe triggered snare immunity and major expedition in combo with major evasion will eliminate all soft cc counterplay to speedy playstyles for aoe heavy classes in general, with Warden and Necro being hit particularly hard since their main burst skills are aoe attacks

@ZOS_Gilliam
    Please consider elevating the impactfulness of the chapter classes' cc toolkit up to the level of the old classes. Wardens and Necros are going to need it desperately next patch.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 15, 2019 11:19AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭
    not being able to bash cancel some skills & ultimate feels really wrong imo, it is what make the game really dynamic and fun to play. being able to burst down an enemy because you cast skills really nicely with animation canceling are really rewarding and definitly skilled to execute. Remove them and it will end up lowering the fluidity of this game for those players that know these mechanics.
    CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC Stamden Kartag Vosh Rakh
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià
    EP Stamplar Subject to change
    EP StamBlade Powerful Ninja Zoid
    DC StamNecro StamDK ls Better
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    TWO HANDED
    Major Evasion is too strong at 25 percent and is on too many skills. Because of this Rally needs a rework in the worst way due to the new Shuffle. Without the HoT and the evasion buff already coming from Shuffle I find myself spending resources, skill slot, and occasional GCD on a burst heal I might not even need. The skill needs an active effect that makes interacting with it worthwhile. Whether that is returning the HoT or some other effect.

NECROMANCER.
    Necromancer Pestilent Colossus is dodge-able as a ground placed AOE.

Necromancer needs access to an efficient class stun or Major Brutality/Sorcery. Every other class has access to one or the other of these. The lack of access to either of these abilities makes Necromancer builds very difficult in PvP. You also cannot effectively use class passives in the Grave Lord tree due to the reliance on weapon skills to make up for these deficiencies.

Tether's are still underwhelming and usually left off bar due to the LOS mechanics.

The Spirit Mender is unreliable and can also be LOS'd. The Skill needs more positive feedback similar to how the Betty Netch works.

The Scythe needs a rework. It is too expensive and does too little damage. It's mechanic is clunky/complicated and rather useless in PvP.

Stamina spammables should not be ranged EG Venom Skull. It also does not weave well as a PVP spammable due to animation.

Blastbones still takes way too long to cast and cannot reliably connect in PvP.

Skeletal Archer is a boring skill. Give the arrow some sort of effect EG Similar to Poison Arrow/Scatter Shot. Could give it a recast mechanic EG Pinning Shot for a reliable stun.

What are my combos? Necromancer is extremely underwhelming in PVP due to lack of impactful skills and does not excel at anything. It lacks mobility, burst, sustained pressure, resource sustain, and strong defensives.

DUAL WIELD
    Hidden Blade/Shrouded Daggers/Flying blade are now a mini game and mechanically complicated. A Hidden Blade imo should be a stealthly quick attack. It's hidden and should give an impactful effect if landed. EG Fracture/Critical chance as the attack is unlikely to be seen and slipped in between defenses.

Needs a true melee spammable Channels are not fun. Ranged spammables feel weird EG Venom Skull/Cutting Dive/Silver Shards. Nothing in this skill line feels fun.

Whirling Blades needs to be 7m and better aligned with its animation/on hit. The skills on hit feedback is meh.

Steel Tornado needs something other than a range increase to set it apart. It's superior animation/feedback is being wasted on a skill that is just marginally cheaper with more range and no execute.

Give the Blackrose Dual Wield 4 seconds of Major Protection.

Addition of mini games in skills/proc sets. Adding all these extremely conditional proc's is ridiculous and made several sets unreliable and complicated in PVP. Please find a better way to change or balance sets like Seventh Legion, Veiled Heritance, and Ravager.

BLEEDS
    These are awful now. They have no identity.

Edited by Nicalas on July 15, 2019 12:03PM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something you might want to take a very serious look at when comparing the stam to mag skills- you have globally a much lower cost to stam skills if you look at them over all now- dramatically so when compared to the global cost of mag skils. Noticed in notes several times references to balance of the game as a whole, if this is the goal of a lot of the damage reductions, timer reductions ect of this patch, you might want to consider what the players will shift to when considering sustainability in a fight and how that compares to such dramatic cost differences in the two types of damage. Not all of the skills in each are this way, but over all I think you will see stam skills cost much less as a group when compared to mag counterparts.

The result will likely be players shift to stam due to the abilities cost contributing the better sustain for damage.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The control reversion on Templar jabs has rendered them sluggish, slow, unrewarding and almost impossible to use agsaint any player in pvp, namly due to the fact that they can just take one hop to the left and be outside of your attack and you can't piviot it to stay ontop of them with it, leaving you eaither dead in the water or short stam/mag with nothing to show for it.

tl;dr jab reversion = can't hit players
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there a ninja streak bug fix? After some testing i could not get a streak bug which means either i was lucky or there was some fix.

Ball of Lighting is still kinda weird in the behavior since it is more or less just a 50% chance that it actually works and absorbs projectiles. It does not work against any projectiles that are already in the air and the duration is really short with 1 sec after you ended your streak.

Encase and all it's morphs only work(do damage or give you a buff) when you hit a no root-immune target which is really bad and unreliable to use. Compared to talons which always does it's effects independed if someone is root-immune and even has more effects on it - damage+synergy+dot/debuff+root

Twillight is now quite useless. The heal was okish but it had really bad scaling that made it necessary to really build for it or it would be useless as heal. Same goes for damage and it has now way lower damage than unkillable pets that also offer some addition utility.
    As for being a pet, it made things just worse in term of actually being useful in open pvp. The pet does not kite with the sorc but will just die extreme fast if you are outnumbered. It is useless in grp fights since it will also be 90% of the time be dead. It can even harm you in even fights since other players can abuse the IA of the pet and can land easy heal ccs or other buffs on the pet. Only "good" point of pets is that they make it harder to target someone but that is only useful if you have enough stupid pets around you that most attacks go on them. Overall pets are really bad designed for pvp. (Sidenote even for pve they can be annoying for your teammates especial the tanks because of blocking the view or even pushing)

The damage of rune cage is still useless. I would prefer if it has had a very long cc but not damage -> punish players who did not manage their stamina instead of just freeing them and give them some pitiful damage after 2 sec not breaking it. And make the skill only cost something if someone actually gets CCed.

dark conversion and morphs are clunky to use. Please remove the 0.2 sec additional cast time so the bar swapping after this skill works better again.

Kinda feel that sorcs got even more one dimensional this patch. Sorc do not have any other defense other than a shield in contrast to all other classes.
    On the note that many have the very strong believe that shields are so extreme overpowered, i would partially blame the UI which does not properly show how the shields work. I have seen recently some new eso player on twitch trying pvp and she was fighting a sorc. She constantly complained on how it is possible that all her attacks did not move the hp bar of the sorc and if he is cheating. I really get the feeling that the UI also does it's part to make shields seem stronger than they are especial to newer players

Edit:

Can we get ulti regen while in overload form. It just makes it quite expensive and you want to get out of it really fast if you do not use it to get ulti regen again.
    Edited by Zer0oo on July 18, 2019 6:43AM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag warden:

The CC only works with a target. Why? It would be better if you could use it as heal even if you do not target someone.

NB:

teleport strike and morphs: the animation is too slow. You quite often just see the initial animation and then the target is already out of range. Increase the speed pls like with all other gap closers.

Death stroke and morphs:
    can you actually dodge the debuff? It seems undodgeable
    It is also bad that the silence morph does not have any combat clue on the target it affects. (Really bad to spot if you now need to cc break or not)
    Also why does this morph get an hard cc against mag chars and a useless free cc-immunity against stam?

Templer:

Power of the light should be changed for pvp. It allows low damage builds to get insane burst if you are outnumbered.
    It should only stack damage of grp members and only direct damage of them. It still will be the same in pve and for solo pvp, but no longer so effective against one target if you outnumber it in a grp on a healbot. :)

Cleasing ritual should only work for your grp. (both heal and synergy) Offers better control for grps, punishes faction stacks and reduces lag if programmed properly.
    Also for the sake of sanity make it that you only are snared if you enter or leave the area for 2 sec and not while being in it. Templer leave them like poop everywhere.

Jabs and morphs should get a counter to the now omnipresent aoe reduction: remove the snare and give them a unique debuff that remove the reduction after getting hit X times

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of good changes, but I think a few things could use adjustments. Winter’s Revenge is now significantly weaker than before (like other AoE DoTs), but it does not have any of the utility that similar skills (Boneyard, Conduit, Shards) have. It needs something to make it stand out and remain a class-defining skill, preferably something unique and helpful that will make Warden DPS a valuable addition to a group. Similarly, Twisting Path doesn’t offer much for the group, the Major Expedition is not particularly desirable and the damage is now quite low. I’d like to see something added to Path to make it worth consideration (offensive is always nice, or go with something defensive like Minor Evasion for those in the area). Refreshing Path could use its damage back as well, so that Magblades can bring some area off-healing to a group (similar to Ritual if Retribution), since healers are going to struggle with the springs and Orbs changes. AoE DoTs are already tougher to use in PVP than single target DoTs, so they could something more to justify a bar slot.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 17, 2019 9:19PM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Image is too cost for Stamina Nightblade.
    Dark Shade is too weak, and no one uses it anymore.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar's Sun Fire need to be standardized to operate with its buff same as Entropy - grant major prophecy upon activation for 20sec.
    1. Its tooltip say it does grant on activation but in fact it attached to dot duration and activate only when dot hitting. So such change will make it loyal to tooltip.
    2. It will affect reliability in pvp where dodge/cloak this projectile is easy and as result nor damage nor buff. It already operate below effectiveness of Entropy which is undodgeable and thus will proc buff anyway or Soul Trap that also undodgeable ranged dot, while SF is dodgeable/clockable; but making it undodgeable could be too much so just adjust its proc of buff. In PvE it wont have any noticeable difference because bosses cant dodge attack anyway and 20sec is longer than duration of Vampire Bane, so additional time of buff will be just nice addition.
    3. Its buff component will operate with same standards as Entropy.
    4. Currently It mechanic of granting buff attached to damage is equal to similar effect of Sap Essence, which is wrong. Sap Essence is point blank aoe that can be activated without any enemy around, so its buff require enemy hitted to gain buff to not being activated outside of combat. But Sun Fire is targetable ranged attack, like Entropy, and thus it require targetable enemy to activate its buff and skill cant be casted outside of combat anyway. Also Flying Blade was completely redone and now grant even longer duration of similar buff with possibility to passive reactivation.
    5. 20sec duration will exceed duration of vampire bane dot+travel time casted on max distance.

TL;DR: So, this change will just standardize skill with similar skill to get a bit of more reliability in PvP scenarios.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 27, 2019 8:27AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5.1.2: "The Physical and Spell Penetration from this ability now only apply to Direct Damage or channeled attacks like Flurry."
    So it was done because those channeled attacks like Flurry or Jabs operating same as direct damage attacks.

But why exact same wasn't done for Eclipse? It no longer proc on first ticks of dots, that already decreased a lot its reliability but also as result it no longer proc on those channel attacks, and thus it cant even operate of working against this version of spammable direct hits:
    core-dot.gif
    ^^ Unstable Core not even working against those channeled attacks
    If not return it capability to proc on 1st tick of dots - than at least update it to proc on channel's attack. Those attacks works as long as cooldown of Eclipse and thus it will proc once within 1gcd, same as if target would use instant cast direct spammable along with light attacks weaving.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 25, 2019 9:40AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    With the recent changes to all cc skills, the stun from stealth should also get in line with lower damage and limited range on CCs.
    I even would welcome to remove it completely since being able to land the first hit and have 100% crit on it, is already good enough.
    Some other ccs that fall out of the line are stone fist (dk skill)(strong damage or really strong heal with long range cc) and javelin (templer skill)(high damage+proc+long range+extreme knock-back)

Did something change for dodge roll and break free on pts? Feels really weird

Silence on incap still does not have a combat clue??? Why would such a extreme painful cc against mag not have a animation on the char who is affected by it. It is really hard to see:i now got silence? just incapped? or it is lag?

I personal found having major expedition from mist form nice even if you did not stay the whole duration is mist from. Especial after all the mag dk, omnipotent flame damage and siege buffs, it would be nice if vampires still had some kind of advantage. (The invisible bat swarm ulti would be nice to have back instead of the boring gap close ulti)

I'm glad someone else noticed this. Why doesn't Incap silence have a visual cue? I'm sick of dying because I don't even know what's going on!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Copied from the templar thread in the combat section. Here's my PTS feedback and suggestions:

- jabs camera reversal is going to hurt alot. Cost decrease is nice but not if you cant hit anything outside of your toon's viewpoint due to the camera turns lol. Suggestion to make jabs exception to major evasion since it has a direct dmg component like force pulse.
    - Templar cost reduction passive got a sight nerf with the cost reduction being multiplicative now. It probably needs to be buffed by 2% instead of 1%. Or look at suggestion to restoring aura.
    - spear shards is a pve morph in my opinion. its dmg decrease does not concern me and looks like it was done to make it feel more like a utility spell than a dmg one.
    - minor protection duration is nice, but useless now that minor Vulnerability completely negates it. Requires you to have another 8% DMG mitigation in order to get the 8% tooltip value. Will need to try out the changes fully but I expect a buff elsewhere in the kit. 8% minor buff AND 8% block mitigation for AS ability slotted would be amazing.
    - dark flare will still receive less use because cast times outside of zerging fights are annoying. I suggest entire rework, maybe make it match the AOE aspect of its cousin, Solar Barrage but have increased dmg with major defile but no empower with less dmg ticks.
    - solar barrage will become dead in PvP. 3200 dmg tooltips becomes 777 after typical Mitigation+major evaison. For 3400 cost I expect more than an 8s empower buff lol. But it is what it is, and very useful at times. Suggestion to add 1% dmg increase to your DOT abilities for every person hit up to 6 targets for a total of 6% dmg increased. That would make both morphs AOE debuffs/buffs with small dmg whereas eclipse is more of a heal debuff/burst dmg mechanic. Both AOES so that templar retains "Master of AOE" design intent mentioned by gilliam in his old videos.
    - living dark can be amazing, but most fights are fought when forcing 1v1. The skill is great for being zerged on, but it's missing 1v1 strength. They should add minor maim to help with this and make it more formidable in 1vx without being too polorizing like it was in PTS week 1. Minor vitality would be a nice addition as well for a more defensive buff (along with making the heal based on highest stats for stamplars).
    - haven't really tested Unstable Core. 3400 cost too expensive for a 3tier DMG that gives a snare overrided by effective light/extended ritual, an immobilze that won't see benefit of due to increased use of shuffle/rat/FM and a stun that is hardly noticeable if someone runs immovable pots. It will be more annoying than useful. Suggestion; make self buff the base morph and instead of the heal make it dmg per 1s that deals AOE burst for every 3 hits.
    - reflective light changes are great, but forces rangeplar into force pulse spam which further makes them feel more like budget sorcs due to the dot standardization impacting how the original initial hit mechanics worked. Suggestion is to turn base morph of sun fire into a 2 target pseudo AOE, but have reflective light into a VERY strong single target spell that is MAGIC dmg without the AOE intital hit and with 40% snare while vamps bane retains 2 target initial hit mechanic, that is FIRE DMG, no snare and STRONG dot. This would reduce redundancy from ritual having an AOE snare but also give back the ranged spamable that rangeplar needs to move away from force pulse while giving a little bit of single target debuffing (snare) to justify having it over force pulse (especially if someone wants to run things like war maiden).
    - backlash is in my opinion a pve morph. Makes PVP templar too clunky and is double mitigated. Suggestions above reduce need to have backlash.
    - cleansing ritual changes are ok but still follows old "templar house" design intent which is now seen as a clear downside instead of a feature by the community. Increased healing is nice for pve, but in pvp its harder to stand in your ritual if you are always moving and giving up 5 debuffs is REALLY hard. Suggestion is as follows: extended ritual to have 2 debuff removal but becomes self buff hot that scales with your max health. During the duration, you will have a chance to continue to remove additional debuffs every 3s for a total of 10 debuffs removed (8+2) at the end of the 24 second duration. Duration resets the counter so you wont get any extra debuffs removed if you try to purge spam major defile off. Ritual of Retribution becomes 5 debuff but ground AOE hot and dmg mechanic is retained (balanced by the fact in order to see the most dmg/healing, you have to let the duration finish but sometimes you need to purge major defile). Of course that is just my opinion, but having a mobile friendly morph would create a condition where the templar should think which morph they want.
    - restoring aura looks like a bug fix, so thats fine. Most arent taking this though with ele drain around and the AOE mechanic doesnt work for the debuff because the debuff is locked at 300 mag per second no matter who you hit. Suggestion is to make it unnamed or turn current minor mag steal values into MAJOR and make this ability minor mag steal at 50-100 value so templars can stack it with ele drain. That would offset the cost reduction nerf above instead of blandly buffing the cost reduction. OR give minor intellect/endurance/health recov on cast instead of on slotting.
    - Honor the dead/bol continue to plague templar balance (since 2014). Stamplar nerfed because of it and magplar lost healing/defense because of it. Suggestion to buff other heals (like above mentioned) but instead turn BOL/HTD into a heal that CANNOT heal yourself only those in your group. This way PVE healers can still have the best burst heal, and PVP templars can look forward to interesting buffs/changes outside of blockcasting BOL for a defense. BOL can give you and the ally the small heal and HtD can give you both the mag cost over x seconds.

That is it. I hope this makes sense!
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    make reconnection option, when you got unexpected disconnection in battlegrounds, at the moment game gives you penalty for that with is unfair as hell

please

Edited by Cążki on July 25, 2019 2:13PM
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please keep the stun on shock reach @ZOS_Gilliam , frustrated necro gameplay this patch would become close to unbearable next patch, without this ability.
    I do have to note, we are seriously starved for attention from developers, perhaps you guys could set up something else on top of class rep program? Just to answer more of community questions.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some testing on live for about a patch i want to run next patch:

Heavy overloads are extreme strong if specced for it. Tbh i do not think this is such a problem since most ultis can hit extreme had when specific build for it. I still would suggest to make the visual of overload mode way more clearer so you see when you should play defensive because the sorc just has entered this mode.

From a player perspective it would also help to have some better indicator that you are in overload mode. Maybe a glowing ulti symbol. I still kinda find it bad that i have no ulti regeneration in this mode. I always have to get out of this mode asap when i have not to attack one. (e.g playing defensive and kiting)

But i actually though what other ulti disables your ulti regen? It are just the necro 50k hp ulti and i think it actually fits well that a defensive ulti that makes you almost unkillable deactivates ulti reg so there is a bigger time-window between when it is up again to kill someone. I even would love to see to deactivate the ulti regen on more such defensive ultis:
    • templer heal ulti
    • corrosive
    • s&b ulti
    • give restro the major protection back but deactivate ulti reg
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK chain are a rule breaker on so many lvl:
    • free cost if not being able to chain in
    • damage
    • undodgeable despised being a projectile

I personal really dislike the design to basically being able to spam the chain on someone for free till he gets pulled in. Most players abuse it to zerg players down: Be a tank that only chains players in a way better grp and there is no real counter to it. You can not dodge it. As long as you are CC immune they can spam it for free. If you block, you are slow and they also can spam it for free.

Worst thing: it Chains you in while streaking -> you get cost increase on streak despised it did not put me in the new position but teleported me back to the chained spot

Please adjust it so zerg chaining is not so effective as it is now.

Same goes for leap which is no a OP zerg root, which is just even worse since if you dodge you get cced. And for the duration of the leap you are snared so you can not get a way from a zerg.
    Edited by Zer0oo on July 31, 2019 8:34AM
    - Update 23
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    DK chain are a rule breaker on so many lvl:
    • free cost if not being able to chain in
    • damage
    • undodgeable despised being a projectile

I personal really dislike the design to basically being able to spam the chain on someone for free till he gets pulled in. Most players abuse it to zerg players down: Be a tank that only chains players in a way better grp and there is no real counter to it. You can not dodge it. As long as you are CC immune they can spam it for free. If you block, you are slow and they also can spam it for free.

Please adjust it so zerg chaining is not so effective as it is now.

Agree, chains need better counterplay. My susuggestions:

* If you fail to pull a target with chains it gets set on a short cooldown (similar to when dark deal or radiant oppression gets interrupted). You do however get the magicka back if you fail to pull the target, but you won't be able to spam it several times in a row.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, chains is a problem. Personally, I think refunding the magicka cost encourages spamming, because it has no downside. If the target is CC immune, you still get the free damage and Major Expedition.

Most CC's now cannot be cast on an immune target. That would be one way to fix it, but locks DKs out of the speed buff. Since the other morph doesn't CC, those wanting to be sure they have Major Expedition could choose that morph.

Another solution could be that it works like CCs used to -- if you spam them on immune targets, you still eat the cost. DKs would then get the speed and (minor) damage but have to either build to sustain their spam, or think more carefully.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some general thought i got when i was working for builds for next patch:

Swords still seem to be underwhelming as weapon choice in pvp. Both other weapons offer better damage(axe single target and mace overall).
    It would be a more interesting weapon choice if swords will also buff the healing but will lose in damage to the other weapons.

Rune cage still seems useless. Even javeline is better on many levels: Damage instant, proc damage and kockback. Can we trade it? :)

shields do fail quite often to cast on live and i am not sure it got fixed on pts. Same goes for streak.

Why is there no stamina Vicious Death?

In general a little worried that almost all mag ultis are aoe and with the current changes almost every stam player will have a strong damage reduction against them while mag players will not.

A great game improvement would also be to get rid of the stun out of sneak but let all attacks crit for 5 sec. Would perfectly line up with the changes to stuns and gets rid of the buggy CCing of dots if you go in stealth.

Overall the stealth mechanic is just to working out too well. If you are outnumbered cloaking is not so easy. But if you outnumber someone can cloaking away: getting 100% damage immunity for this time and you can decide when you start to attack again. The stealth game should be more challenging. A easy fix would be to completely remove any stealth casting of buffs. You still can gank but you now have to actually cleverly use the terrain to prebuff before sneaking up or you prebuff in the face of the enemy and risk getting seen.
    - Update 23
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, as far as i can tell, the ult cast time hurts a bit the burst dmg.

stams will have to learn how to kill with "the skill after the ult" instead of killing "directly" with ults which wont make much difference in death recaps tho.

this makes me wonder why puting a .4 sec delay only on stam/melee oriented ults?
    maybe ranged ults are already considered as "delayed" because of range? (this is essentially false, everyone knows that)
    maybe mag-crybabies cry louder than others? (we all know that ppl, just like babies, only get listened to once they cry loud enough, this is a fact, not a complain)

in a second time i'd like to enlight that the multiple skills' range hurts the "pvp dps" heavily, beside all latency issues and movement issues, having differents range for melee attacks, light attacks and melee ult, hurts the capacity to have a consistent "dps" along with ruining the capacity to time and combo skills properly (sorcs didnt have those issues with theyr rune+wrath+cc+spamable because 2 are "DoTs", now they will because one skill became 15m while the other is still 28).
    same goes with ranged CC obviously.
    even as utility, considering they have a hidden cooldown (called CC-immunity), they should be nerfed to a 22m and get back to 28m for the sake of their use + the dps they allow (dps is better when your target dont dodge/block/hide).
    Edited by kalunte on August 3, 2019 10:40PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since shields are now held to healing standards, can we also let them crit and make the duration way longer.(infinity if they are real heals)

having a 5 sec defensive buff is annoying as hell and punishes offensive players who do not rotate every 3 sec shields.

Please increase the shield duration. (Looks like i am really getting to old/lazy for sorcs aka shield playstyle while other ones are so much less demanding)
    - Update 23
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All i care about is stealth in this game. Stealth mechanics need a rework when it comes to bonus damage. I don't want 1 shots back in the game. However i do still want min/max'd full glass cannon builds using a full rotation such as: heavy att>ultimate>light attack>execute to still net kills. Which does happen still. Ganking is still a thing but id like to see something for stealth. Example while in stealth 5% extra damage for 2 seconds after exiting stealth. Something to give utilizing stealth meaning again. Nothing crazy. Just something that reinforces the stealth play-style.

I feel a lot of the identity of a Medium Armor build is lost due to 0 sprint regen. Sprinting is something i used to do a lot of. Now if i have a high stamina regen build, i loose even more stamina sprinting because ill loose HUGE stamina ticks of regen. In my opinion this is backwards. I personally think this mechanic should be scrapped and sprinting costs refactored. Introduce sprint scaling where the longer you sprint the more it costs. Allowing more movement and fluidity to the game for people who utilize sprinting tactically to gain a small advantage.

Console issue: Allow us to unbind block from roll dodge. With 0 block regen, any stamina build on console can accidentally loose regen ticks trying to roll dodge since block is tied to the button used to roll dodge. While attempting to roll dodge also its possible during the 1 second of blocking at the start you block damage instead of dodging it netting in more stamina losses. Basically medium stamina regen builds are impacted the most on console due to 0 regen limitations. Trying to utilize any core mechanics they are good at (roll-dodging or sprinting) is a net loss for resources. Which is why medium armor builds are inferior to magicka builds.
    PS4 NA DC
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf to Flame Reach has caused total deletion of a whole gamestyle. The gameplay consisted of lining up burst combo with Flame Reach serving as a CC that allowed us to prevent the enemy from blocking, healing or otherwise reacting to incoming damage.
    The removal of knockback made this skill just another dot. Flame Clench is now useless for most magicka builds because it is borderline melee range.
    Pleasse consider increasing Flame Clench range to 28 meters. It's damage is inconsequential. All we need is a proper ranged CC that is usable for all classes. I'd use this skill even if it provided no damage but was a fully ranged CC.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd use this skill even if it provided no damage but was a fully ranged CC.
    Then might as well delete Sorc's Rune Cage, because it does exactly what you just described - a no-damage stun. :/