The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

balancing this game..... gg

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Did you miss this part?
    All player sources of bleeds will now respect a target’s Physical Resistance. Many adjustments have been made to ensure bleeds deal similar damage to other standard Damage Over Time effects.

They "buffed" the axe bleeds to ensure they aren't weak af since they'll be taking in account the targets resistances

Ah yeah new bleeds with new onslaught will be glorious, massively buffed bleeds that get mitigated by resistances but you gain 100% physical pen for 16 seconds, sounds nice.

Yeah its going to be so great, dot them up for 4-8s, spend ult.

But wait they're a necro or templar, they purge them.

Or someone slots the high cost purge etc...

I mean It sure sounds strong that someone literally spend several seconds dotting you up and them ult'ing. Yeah it should do decent dmg.

The high cost purge has been nerfed. The buff that reduces the duration of all negative effects looks like it’s gone.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame all the squishy zerglings crying for nerfs
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Every ability is overpowered if you get 100% penetration.

Bleeds are affected by resistances now and there is no 'bleed meta' or bleeds this and that. They are like any other DoT ability, except they deal physical damage.

If what OP predicts happens its 100% because DoTing people up with all 10s dots and reducing target armor to 0 is dumb and should never make it to any ability.

You are so out of touch with No CP PvP it is crazy. Go do BGs for a few hours during the PTS than come back. That bleed pressure will be absolutely insane, way too much damage for just simply pressing the rending slashes button
    Ad Victoriam!
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »

Bleeds are affected by resistances now and there is no 'bleed meta' or bleeds this and that. They are like any other DoT ability, except they deal physical damage.

If what OP predicts happens its 100% because DoTing people up with all 10s dots and reducing target armor to 0 is dumb and should never make it to any ability.

You are so out of touch with No CP PvP it is crazy. Go do BGs for a few hours during the PTS than come back. That bleed pressure will be absolutely insane, way too much damage for just simply pressing the rending slashes button

i've been dotting people up with master dw/rending, breath, claw, carve, two axe bleeds, and reducing their resists to zero with corrosive for awhile now, on top of good uptime on minor vuln, honestly nothing will really change, but it looks like the rest of the pvp community might finally catch up. it's funny when pvers theorycraft really solid builds and they go completely unnoticed by the pvp community.

wanna know what happens when you have 6 different dots on you ticking on the gcd because of dot normalization and your opponent has 100% pen? unless you're a templar, it means you're a few seconds away from a death recap. lol.
    Edited by ecru on July 8, 2019 4:49AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silver Bolts: This ability has been brought into our “spammable” category, and will be balanced as such.
    Increased the damage dealt by approximately 12.5%.
    Reduced cost to 2700 from 3510.

Evil Hunter (morph):
    Fixed an issue where this ability cost more than its original form.
    This morph no longer grants 25% reduced Stamina cost of Fighters Guild abilities. Instead, it grants up to 25% damage dealt with non-Ultimate Fighters Guild abilities.

Turn Undead (morph): This morph is now called Turn Evil, and fears any enemy in the area upon cast, rather than only Undead.

Rearming Trap Beast (morph):
    Renamed this morph to Barbed Trap.
    This morph no longer places a new trap in the area after the original duration ends, but instead increases the duration of the DoT applied, up to 18 seconds at Rank IV. The damage per tick has increased by approximately 33%, since it was lower than the base morph.

Interesting.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

i've been dotting people up with master dw/rending, breath, claw, carve, two axe bleeds, and reducing their resists to zero with corrosive for awhile now, on top of good uptime on minor vuln, honestly nothing will really change, but it looks like the rest of the pvp community might finally catch up. it's funny when pvers theorycraft really solid builds and they go completely unnoticed by the pvp community.

wanna know what happens when you have 6 different dots on you ticking on the gcd because of dot normalization and your opponent has 100% pen? unless you're a templar, it means you're a few seconds away from a death recap. lol.
    Yes, but now the base damage on the bleeds will be substantially higher, and every class will have access to 16 seconds worth of penetration from using Onslaught. There's also the possibility of Stamina builds stacking the new Soul Trap on top of the other DOTs, depending on what its final numbers end up being.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I follow my logical processes and perdicted this happening.

It still to follow the now 2 year path of balance progress on ZOSes end. Nerf Magicka more and more. While at the same time buff stamina more and more. I think they'll hit their intended purpose with this patch tho. Which is to force all competitive players of ESO both PvP and PvE to reroll as Stamina or get dunked roleplaying on the gimped as hell Magicka Specs.

I guess ESO will be remain uninstalled from my PCs for another 6 to 12 months for sure. Such a shame that game devs could be so completely bias against casters Archypes. To the point of making them non-viable in both PvP and PvE. That's ok with me.

Like I said before. That just means I take my money to other games, like GW2 and BDO. Where the Caster Specs are allow to compete with the Brute and Assassin Specs. Simple as that, and soon as other Caster Players at Heart figure this to be there only option. They will also follow suit.

I may even do a complete Chargeback from the last 6 months. More since Elsweyr didn't give the content it promised and a completely busted class that don't even work in the game. [Magicka Necromancer]
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on July 8, 2019 7:27AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Yes, but now the base damage on the bleeds will be substantially higher, and every class will have access to 16 seconds worth of penetration from using Onslaught. There's also the possibility of Stamina builds stacking the new Soul Trap on top of the other DOTs, depending on what its final numbers end up being.

From what I understand the pen buff from onslaught only applies if you get a killing blow with it, so it's not like people will be running around with that kind of penetration every time they use the ult. I'm definitely curious about soul trap though.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I understand the pen buff from onslaught only applies if you get a killing blow with it, so it's not like people will be running around with that kind of penetration every time they use the ult. I'm definitely curious about soul trap though.
    The patch notes say, "Onslaught (morph): This morph no longer refunds Ultimate cost if you gain a killing blow with it. Instead, it converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration, and increases the duration from 8 seconds to a maximum of 16 seconds. It also no longer ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank."

The current tooltip is, "Strike an enemy with a vicious blow, dealing X Physical Damage. This attack ignores the target's mitigation and grants you Physical and Spell Resistance equal to the amount ignored for 8 seconds. Killing an enemy with this ability immediately refunds the Ultimate cost."

It sounds to me as though the killing blow portion of the Ultimate is completely removed, while the "regular" part is changed around. Instead of gaining resistances for 8 seconds, whether or not your target dies to the Ultimate, you'll gain penetration for 16 seconds. Hitting a target with capped resists should mean that all attacks against all targets will have 100% penetration for 16 seconds, with lower amounts (though still very significant) when initially hitting targets that don't have max resists.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bleed damage got nerfed now that it is reduced by resistances. Sure if you´re a DK using corrosive or slotting 2h ultimate it will hurt, but overall the bleed pressure will be significantly lower.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The patch notes say, "Onslaught (morph): This morph no longer refunds Ultimate cost if you gain a killing blow with it. Instead, it converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration, and increases the duration from 8 seconds to a maximum of 16 seconds. It also no longer ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank."

The current tooltip is, "Strike an enemy with a vicious blow, dealing X Physical Damage. This attack ignores the target's mitigation and grants you Physical and Spell Resistance equal to the amount ignored for 8 seconds. Killing an enemy with this ability immediately refunds the Ultimate cost."

It sounds to me as though the killing blow portion of the Ultimate is completely removed, while the "regular" part is changed around. Instead of gaining resistances for 8 seconds, whether or not your target dies to the Ultimate, you'll gain penetration for 16 seconds. Hitting a target with capped resists should mean that all attacks against all targets will have 100% penetration for 16 seconds, with lower amounts (though still very significant) when initially hitting targets that don't have max resists.

I'll have to check on PTS whenever it goes live, but I'm giving the devs the benefit of the doubt (probably a mistake, i know) and assuming it's still only on a killing blow. I hope I'm not wrong.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    I was very unhappy when I saw the patch notes and what I think it will do for the pvp scene.

medium armor buffed (in itself welcome) , but it also means major evasion if you run either medium or 2h with momentum (which is 100% of all stamina chars). So a lot more survivability. Combine that with the increased self heals in the patch notes, and you have even more tankiness.. People are already super tanky in cyrodil, this will make many players virtually unkillable And not surprisingly, this is not how to make enjoyable pvp.

S/b isn't even nerfed, it is completely destroyed in for everyone except perhaps a few that can find some fun in the changed bash skill. Personally, I would me much more happy with seeing some of the other weapon skill lines buffed. generally speaking, the reason why any stamplayer that want to do good plays with s/b frontbar is because there literally isn't any alternative. 2h frontbar, you have to use dizzy and let's be honest that skill is terribad unless you are in a big zerg (made strong now in patch notes). bow has snipe as spamable, and that's even more of a joke than dizzy. DW is also not good enough to be used frontbar. oh and the reverb nerf ofc also means even more survivability ^^
    So stamina could only rely on s/b. With it being dead, everyone will use the new dizzy swing instead. One of the nice things about eso is the idea that you can put together builds the way you want, but zos seem to constantly push fewer options, as most things are nerfed to the point of being useless.

same goes for sets. Instead of making more and more stuff useless, they should really start buffing other things and focus on giving us variety and option to actually choose different playstyles
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    ElvenVeil wrote: »
    I was very unhappy when I saw the patch notes and what I think it will do for the pvp scene.

medium armor buffed (in itself welcome) , but it also means major evasion if you run either medium or 2h with momentum (which is 100% of all stamina chars). So a lot more survivability. Combine that with the increased self heals in the patch notes, and you have even more tankiness.. People are already super tanky in cyrodil, this will make many players virtually unkillable And not surprisingly, this is not how to make enjoyable pvp.

S/b isn't even nerfed, it is completely destroyed in for everyone except perhaps a few that can find some fun in the changed bash skill. Personally, I would me much more happy with seeing some of the other weapon skill lines buffed. generally speaking, the reason why any stamplayer that want to do good plays with s/b frontbar is because there literally isn't any alternative. 2h frontbar, you have to use dizzy and let's be honest that skill is terribad unless you are in a big zerg (made strong now in patch notes). bow has snipe as spamable, and that's even more of a joke than dizzy. DW is also not good enough to be used frontbar. oh and the reverb nerf ofc also means even more survivability ^^
    So stamina could only rely on s/b. With it being dead, everyone will use the new dizzy swing instead. One of the nice things about eso is the idea that you can put together builds the way you want, but zos seem to constantly push fewer options, as most things are nerfed to the point of being useless.

same goes for sets. Instead of making more and more stuff useless, they should really start buffing other things and focus on giving us variety and option to actually choose different playstyles

Everyone will be using 2h because of ult not dizzy. Did everyone miss the rapidstrikes/bloodthirst buff recently? Or the fact that the deadly strike set and necro passive buff its damage? DW is getting a gap closer too. That might make it viable for stamplar.

Stamplar will also make a better archer if the ravager changes go through how they're worded as the physical snipe morph will now proc it.

StamDK will be king though as so many sets now synergize with them. Both new medium armor sets, deadly strike, and 7th, and fury will all still be viable for them. But onslaught ult means any stam class will be able to run dot builds effectively.

Building bash and ulti bombs could still very well be viable on s/b. Depending on the numbers the new bash gets.
    Edited by NuarBlack on July 8, 2019 2:13PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    S/b isn't even nerfed, it is completely destroyed in for everyone except perhaps a few that can find some fun in the changed bash skill.

Yep. You run S/B for the defensive ultimate only now, still trying to figure out the defensive posture changes...can it absorb more than one ranged attack and heal more than once?

Bow seems kind of wrecked now too.

Did immovable become unusable? 65-100% snare for using an ability that makes you immune to CC?

Magicka shields nerfed completely now. Stamina shields may be the only useful ones.

Too many sources of major evasion in the game now.

Edited by katorga on July 8, 2019 5:08PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor: Adhered this ability to our single target HoT standards.
    Vigor and Resolving Vigor now only heal the caster.
    Increased the duration to 10 seconds from 5 seconds, but decreased the tick frequency to 2 seconds from 1 second.
    Increased the healing per tick by approximately 85%.

Reduced the cost to 2295 from 3511.
    Resolving Vigor (morph): This morph doubles the frequency but halves the duration.
    Echoing Vigor (morph): This morph reintroduces the Area of Effect healing capability, healing up to 6 allies in a 15 meter radius.

This one change will make playing magicka in pvp obsolete. As if stamina needed the help and was underperforming.

I've stopped playing magic builds (other than mag sorc) for a long time now in pvp. The stam pvp meta is so ridiculous with bleeds, spin to win, 2H ults and dizzying / executioner spam. Healing is insane, they roll dodge for ever while moving with major expedition off a bow roll dodge. why not give them even more healing. This game is so F***ed up

why not give them even more healing

ZOS: hold my beer.
    Vigor and Resolving Vigor now only heal the caster.
    Increased the duration to 10 seconds from 5 seconds, but decreased the tick frequency to 2 seconds from 1 second.
    Increased the healing per tick by approximately 85%.
    Reduced the cost to 2295 from 3511.
    Resolving Vigor (morph): This morph doubles the frequency but halves the duration.
    Echoing Vigor (morph): This morph reintroduces the Area of Effect healing capability, healing up to 6 allies in a 15 meter radius.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

question is, if u start DoT, THEN u do Onslaught/Corrosive Armor to bypass resist/increase pen, does the current DoT automatically gets buff, or u need to re-apply?
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

question is, if u start DoT, THEN u do Onslaught/Corrosive Armor to bypass resist/increase pen, does the current DoT automatically gets buff, or u need to re-apply?

They update with your weapon damage procs so I'd assume they do with penetration.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Yup was the first thing I thought of as well 2h / dw stamdk with corrosive and watch ppl melt.
    With the new weird bleed weapondamage set, because literally every set that was meta-relevant or decent got absolutely ***.

Yup since they haven't changed Deadly strike, people will do ridiculous damage with Deadly, Automatons, any other other of the ridiculous bleed buffing sets already in the game

u forgot the newly introduced sets...
    Dro’zakar’s Claws (Medium)
    2 – 1487 Physical Penetration
    3 – 833 Weapon Critical
    4 – 129 Stamina Recovery
    5 – For every bleed effect you have on an enemy, increase your Weapon Damage by 200 against them.
    Azureblight Reaper (Medium)
    2 – 833 Weapon Critical
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Stamina Recovery
    5 – When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you apply a stack of Blight Seed to your target for 5 seconds. At 20 stacks, the Blight Seeds explode, dealing 11100 Disease Damage to the target and nearby enemies. An enemy that has reached 20 stacks cannot be infected with Blight Seed for 2 seconds.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't think so.
    current onslaught u get the resist regardless of getting a kill or not (the cost refund, however, does depend on KB).
    Udrath wrote: »
    Silver Bolts: This ability has been brought into our “spammable” category, and will be balanced as such.

Interesting.

say-hello-to-mylittle-friend-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-374914.png
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »

Everyone will be using 2h because of ult not dizzy. Did everyone miss the rapidstrikes/bloodthirst buff recently? Or the fact that the deadly strike set and necro passive buff its damage? DW is getting a gap closer too. That might make it viable for stamplar.

well my comment was on the general state of stamina with a s/b nerf. most situations you do want a spamable, and personally I never found rapid strikes impressive. not even with the buff, but I would be happy if it was viable.

2h ult with current patch notes is just broken beyond belief, so I sort of didn't consider even discussing it ^^ I mean I think it is obvious for anyone that adding a 16 seconds full penetration is kinda game breaking haha. I sincerely hope that won't go live
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »

well my comment was on the general state of stamina with a s/b nerf. most situations you do want a spamable, and personally I never found rapid strikes impressive. not even with the buff, but I would be happy if it was viable.

2h ult with current patch notes is just broken beyond belief, so I sort of didn't consider even discussing it ^^ I mean I think it is obvious for anyone that adding a 16 seconds full penetration is kinda game breaking haha. I sincerely hope that won't go live

not full.

use it on a cp50 light-armor sorc, it won't do much to the CP810 heavy armor stamDK ur fighting next....
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twin Blade and Blunt:

The axe bleed from this passive now ticks every second instead of every 2 seconds.
    Increased the total damage by approximately 24%.

Twin Slashes: Increased the Damage over Time from this ability and its morphs by approximately 37%.

Who thought that more bleeds in an already ridiculous bleed meta was a good idea? I want names of the developers who did this!!!

I'm calling it right now, everyone and their mother is going to play stam DK slotting dual wield bleeds with corrosive armor or slotting the new Two Handed ult on any class

Onslaught (morph): This morph no longer refunds Ultimate cost if you gain a killing blow with it. Instead, it converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration, and increases the duration from 8 seconds to a maximum of 16 seconds.

As I said, everyone will be have 100% physical Penetration with these bleeds doing INSANE damage..... This could very well be be the most cancerous patch we have seen yet if it stays like this boys and girls.... #smh #gg-uninsatall

Where did you guys see this mysterious "bleed meta"? Each time i trying to play PvP - i see immortal tanks and pet sorcs, who overheal ANY damage with Vigor or pets.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_Winkle wrote: »
    Twin Blade and Blunt:

The axe bleed from this passive now ticks every second instead of every 2 seconds.
    Increased the total damage by approximately 24%.

Twin Slashes: Increased the Damage over Time from this ability and its morphs by approximately 37%.

Who thought that more bleeds in an already ridiculous bleed meta was a good idea? I want names of the developers who did this!!!

I'm calling it right now, everyone and their mother is going to play stam DK slotting dual wield bleeds with corrosive armor or slotting the new Two Handed ult on any class

Onslaught (morph): This morph no longer refunds Ultimate cost if you gain a killing blow with it. Instead, it converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration, and increases the duration from 8 seconds to a maximum of 16 seconds.

As I said, everyone will be have 100% physical Penetration with these bleeds doing INSANE damage..... This could very well be be the most cancerous patch we have seen yet if it stays like this boys and girls.... #smh #gg-uninsatall

Where did you guys see this mysterious "bleed meta"? Each time i trying to play PvP - i see immortal tanks and pet sorcs, who overheal ANY damage with Vigor or pets.

mysterious?

CP PvP has lotsa NB/DK who just bleeds you dry, before turtling/running away....
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    From stamina PvP standpoint regarding the 1st wave of patch notes:

- Despite bleeds respecting resistances and vigor getting buffed, I feel that bleeds will be strong still with the 2 new sets being released (azureblight and the one its name I can't recall) and the buff to master's dual wield. (Also corrosive armor and full dot/ penetration builds make them even stronger). And there's more, because now that medium is becoming meta people will be squishier and more susceptible to burst damage.

Imagine being Xv1-ed by builds like that lul.
    Edited by Trian94 on July 8, 2019 4:24PM
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »

Interesting.

say-hello-to-mylittle-friend-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-374914.png

While 'spamming' silverbolts after poison injection on vampires...

(2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Weapon ability, you have a 10% chance to spawn a volcano that erupts after 1 second and fires a projectile at the nearest enemy that deals 9660 Flame Damage. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

(2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Weapon ability, you have a 20% chance to deal an additional 4600 Flame Damage. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

• hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes those are an issue in Champion Point Cyrodill not so much in Non Champion Point Cyrodill. I am focusing on NO CP here because in no CP there is no way to mitigate bleed damage currently. In the next patch people will abuse ths sh** out of these changes. You will see over 10k per tick bleeds in your death recap when a DK uses corrosive armor with master axes rending slashes.

The fact that ZOS has such a gross incompetency to understand how changes will directly and indirectly affect game play is mind blowing. There is no way to reason with me that this change makes any sense what so ever. If they wanted to fix bleeds just tone down the master axes damage which was really the issue with bleeds in the first place!!! Look they probably wont listen, which is why I have a Bleed DK coming onto the PTS, and I will make it as cancerous as possible and abuse this bleed change so hopefully people will see why it is such a problem in any PvP environment, but especially no CP...

Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭

The ability to just kill a player from simply applying over tuned bleeds DoTs is absurd to me. I can see why people enjoy that game play, it makes killing players so sh** easy. Unless you're a health tank in CP Cyro, no player can survive that much pressure with the new changes. Players will drain all their resources to simply delay their death. A player out of resources is a dead player in pvp. The new bleeds with 100% armor mitigation is WAY too strong and is a gross failure on Zenimax part for not recognizing the affects this will have. I understand that this company is extremely incompetent with patching this game and that these changes might even hit live.. but i guarantee this will bring in some of the nastiest and most cancerous builds and game-play into the game that we haven't seen since the Viper set days.
    Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭

Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Did you miss this part?
    All player sources of bleeds will now respect a target’s Physical Resistance. Many adjustments have been made to ensure bleeds deal similar damage to other standard Damage Over Time effects.

They "buffed" the axe bleeds to ensure they aren't weak af since they'll be taking in account the targets resistances

Ah yeah new bleeds with new onslaught will be glorious, massively buffed bleeds that get mitigated by resistances but you gain 100% physical pen for 16 seconds, sounds nice.

Yeah its going to be so great, dot them up for 4-8s, spend ult.

But wait they're a necro or templar, they purge them.

Or someone slots the high cost purge etc...

I mean It sure sounds strong that someone literally spend several seconds dotting you up and them ult'ing. Yeah it should do decent dmg.

block cancelling rending takes like 1/2 a second, the bleeds will be the issue next patch, not noxious breathe, poison inject, or venous claw. Block cancelling rending, corrosive armor, and spamming dizzying / executioner will be the kill combo. doesn't take several seconds dude
    Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭

I am going to assume that you have not played in BGs or NO CP PvP before since you fail to recognize an issue that has been going on for some time now. There is no "Thick Skinned" champion point system passive in No CP to reduce bleed damage. Being ignorant is no free pass to say something is not over performing. There is no comparable single DoT in the game that does anywhere near this amount of pressure from a single ability, that is the definition of over performing. This whole ability audit ZOS has been doing is a complete joke
    Edited by hesobad on July 10, 2019 11:23AM
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes those are an issue in Champion Point Cyrodill not so much in Non Champion Point Cyrodill. I am focusing on NO CP here because in no CP there is no way to mitigate bleed damage currently. In the next patch people will abuse ths sh** out of these changes. You will see over 10k per tick bleeds in your death recap when a DK uses corrosive armor with master axes rending slashes.

The fact that ZOS has such a gross incompetency to understand how changes will directly and indirectly affect game play is mind blowing. There is no way to reason with me that this change makes any sense what so ever. If they wanted to fix bleeds just tone down the master axes damage which was really the issue with bleeds in the first place!!! Look they probably wont listen, which is why I have a Bleed DK coming onto the PTS, and I will make it as cancerous as possible and abuse this bleed change so hopefully people will see why it is such a problem in any PvP environment, but especially no CP...

I have been hit by 10k blood craze recaps in the current game at the resistance cap lol. It was by a NB that would apply all his DOTS then cloak around in circles while he is immune to all your DOTS and his kills you. The change to resistances affecting bleeds was a good start but I'm curious to see how far it goes with the PTS changes with a buff to master's and an over 30% increase to twin slashes damage.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103