The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

balancing this game..... gg

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Twin Blade and Blunt:

The axe bleed from this passive now ticks every second instead of every 2 seconds.
Increased the total damage by approximately 24%.

Twin Slashes: Increased the Damage over Time from this ability and its morphs by approximately 37%.

Who thought that more bleeds in an already ridiculous bleed meta was a good idea? I want names of the developers who did this!!!

I'm calling it right now, everyone and their mother is going to play stam DK slotting dual wield bleeds with corrosive armor or slotting the new Two Handed ult on any class

Onslaught (morph): This morph no longer refunds Ultimate cost if you gain a killing blow with it. Instead, it converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration, and increases the duration from 8 seconds to a maximum of 16 seconds.

As I said, everyone will be have 100% physical Penetration with these bleeds doing INSANE damage..... [removed comment] #smh #gg-uninsatall

[edited the title]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 8, 2019 4:35PM
Ad Victoriam!
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    All player sources of bleeds will now respect a target’s Physical Resistance. Many adjustments have been made to ensure bleeds deal similar damage to other standard Damage Over Time effects.

I am no PvP mastermind and don't know how this affects things, but this is the reason behind the reverted original bleed nerfs.
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
    Options
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    All player sources of bleeds will now respect a target’s Physical Resistance. Many adjustments have been made to ensure bleeds deal similar damage to other standard Damage Over Time effects.

I am no PvP mastermind and don't know how this affects things, but this is the reason behind the reverted original bleed nerfs.

I'll share something with u that might change you your mind.. go on a Stam DK and slot that ultimate ability that people look over all the time, its called Corrosive Armor. Now rethink what affects this will have on the game with bleeds doing that much damage
    Ad Victoriam!
    Options
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    I'll share something with u that might change you your mind.. go on a Stam DK and slot that ultimate ability that people look over all the time, its called Corrosive Armor. Now rethink what affects this will have on the game with bleeds doing that much damage

Fair point.
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eww.
    Options
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigor: Adhered this ability to our single target HoT standards.
    Vigor and Resolving Vigor now only heal the caster.
    Increased the duration to 10 seconds from 5 seconds, but decreased the tick frequency to 2 seconds from 1 second.
    Increased the healing per tick by approximately 85%.

Reduced the cost to 2295 from 3511.
    Resolving Vigor (morph): This morph doubles the frequency but halves the duration.
    Echoing Vigor (morph): This morph reintroduces the Area of Effect healing capability, healing up to 6 allies in a 15 meter radius.

This one change will make playing magicka in pvp obsolete. As if stamina needed the help and was underperforming.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The vigor change is laughable. Buffed by 85% and reduced the cost. The patch will be a blast for stam mains, that's for sure.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    The vigor change is laughable. Buffed by 85% and reduced the cost. The patch will be a blast for stam mains, that's for sure.

I don't think many have caught on to what this means yet, and those that do and play stam are keeping their mouths shut.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
    Options
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regeneration:
    Increased the healing per tick by approximately 98%, but reduced duration to 10 seconds. It now only hits 1 ally per cast.
    Increased cost to 2700 from 2160.
    Rapid Regeneration (morph): This morph now doubles the frequency but halves the duration.
    Mutagen (morph): Increased the burst heal value of this ability by approximately 93%.

Magicka builds have new rapid regen which is basically a magicka vigor.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
    Options
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new changes. Balance next patch will be fun, I guess.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Regeneration:
    Increased the healing per tick by approximately 98%, but reduced duration to 10 seconds. It now only hits 1 ally per cast.
    Rapid Regeneration (morph): This morph now doubles the frequency but halves the duration.
    Mutagen (morph): Increased the burst heal value of this ability by approximately 93%.

It forces them to use a resto staff though. Anyone can use vigor, it's not tied to anything.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regeneration:

It forces them to use a resto staff though. Anyone can use vigor, it's not tied to anything.

Vigor is also the ONLY good stam heal in the game.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds no longer ignore resists though. Basically soul trap will be as effective as rending slashes in terms of damage.
    Edited by Juhasow on July 7, 2019 7:06AM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »

what if corrosive only allow direct dmg to bypass res? so all dot (now bleed is no exception) won't get affected by corrosive armor?

Honestly though I'm more excited with Executioner change.

and as a solo stamdk I'm also excited with vigor. 6s major mending and new vigor? aw yiss.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corrosive might indeed be a big problem with Bleeds next patch, but those S&B nerfs do make me kinda giddy.
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup was the first thing I thought of as well 2h / dw stamdk with corrosive and watch ppl melt.
    With the new weird bleed weapondamage set, because literally every set that was meta-relevant or decent got absolutely ***.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on July 7, 2019 11:08AM
    Options
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP left out the part where bleeds are now affected by resistances..... nice selective copy n paste
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    OP left out the part where bleeds are now affected by resistances..... nice selective copy n paste
    He did mention Corrosive Armor, which basically means they'll ignore resists just like they do currently, but have an extra 24% - 37% damage on top of it. But maybe that's more of an argument against Corrosive Armor than it is "generic" bleeds.
    Options
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    He did mention Corrosive Armor, which basically means they'll ignore resists just like they do currently, but have an extra 24% - 37% damage on top of it. But maybe that's more of an argument against Corrosive Armor than it is "generic" bleeds.

true...

I try to give each of my stam toons a diff play style... so my stam sorc is fast (well used to be fast, RIP speed pots, now slighty faster than normal ppl) and bleed based
    Ppl been crying about bleeds while, burst is always ok.. even though there is more time to negate bleed damage than high burst...

Maybe because I multiple toons with diff setups I always have an option to play... and less salty about the notes...
    Edited by Undefwun on July 7, 2019 11:41AM
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
    Options
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Regeneration:

No, magicka doesn't have a vigor with rapid regen,. Just make a magicka morph of resolving vigor and be done with it.
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

Regeneration:

Vigor is also the ONLY good stam heal in the game.

Wait, resto backbar on stamina isn't a thing?

Bottom line is I'm making an observation not a complaint. We'll make the necessary adjustments and soldier on as we have been doing from launch but I'll restate again, magicka is done in pvp if this goes live. This looks to me like an attempt to fix performance by making the worst lag inducing skills obsolete and has little, if anything, to do with balance. This is a great patch for stamina.
    Edited by kpittsniperb14_ESO on July 7, 2019 2:14PM
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    40 more behind me."
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
    Options
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest they make the bleeds also scale with the target's max hp so they don't do that much damage to normal PvP builds while still remaining a counter to tanks as originally intended
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you miss this part?

They "buffed" the axe bleeds to ensure they aren't weak af since they'll be taking in account the targets resistances
    Edited by Alucardo on July 7, 2019 2:36PM
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Did you miss this part?

They "buffed" the axe bleeds to ensure they aren't weak af since they'll be taking in account the targets resistances

Ah yeah new bleeds with new onslaught will be glorious, massively buffed bleeds that get mitigated by resistances but you gain 100% physical pen for 16 seconds, sounds nice.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Did you miss this part?

Ah yeah new bleeds with new onslaught will be glorious, massively buffed bleeds that get mitigated by resistances but you gain 100% physical pen for 16 seconds, sounds nice.

Revolving around ults.

I don't know much about all the changes but reading through most arguments revolve around the use of ults
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Revolving around ults.

I don't know much about all the changes but reading through most arguments revolve around the use of ults

Yeah thats true, but a redguard stamsorc for example regains half the ult needed to cast onslaught again when the 16 seconds buff is over, and that is assuming you dont get a single kill while running around with 100% physical pen.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just stam DK. Anyone that slots the new onslaught will be able to ignore resistance as well. They also buffed master's dual-wield further increasing it's damage. In no-CP I have seen up to 10k bleed recaps in the current game. Anyone that isn't tanked up will be getting hit even harder than this with or without ULT up and then when they drop corrosive / onslaught you are done. In other news the carve bleed is also now absolutely useless while master's twin-slashes, the real problem, is getting buffed.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
    Options
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigor: Adhered this ability to our single target HoT standards.
    Vigor and Resolving Vigor now only heal the caster.
    Increased the duration to 10 seconds from 5 seconds, but decreased the tick frequency to 2 seconds from 1 second.
    Increased the healing per tick by approximately 85%.

Reduced the cost to 2295 from 3511.
    Resolving Vigor (morph): This morph doubles the frequency but halves the duration.
    Echoing Vigor (morph): This morph reintroduces the Area of Effect healing capability, healing up to 6 allies in a 15 meter radius.

This one change will make playing magicka in pvp obsolete. As if stamina needed the help and was underperforming.

I've stopped playing magic builds (other than mag sorc) for a long time now in pvp. The stam pvp meta is so ridiculous with bleeds, spin to win, 2H ults and dizzying / executioner spam. Healing is insane, they roll dodge for ever while moving with major expedition off a bow roll dodge. why not give them even more healing. This game is so F***ed up
    Ad Victoriam!
    Options
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Yup was the first thing I thought of as well 2h / dw stamdk with corrosive and watch ppl melt.
    With the new weird bleed weapondamage set, because literally every set that was meta-relevant or decent got absolutely ***.

Yup since they haven't changed Deadly strike, people will do ridiculous damage with Deadly, Automatons, any other other of the ridiculous bleed buffing sets already in the game
    Ad Victoriam!
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you miss this part?

Yeah its going to be so great, dot them up for 4-8s, spend ult.

But wait they're a necro or templar, they purge them.

Or someone slots the high cost purge etc...

I mean It sure sounds strong that someone literally spend several seconds dotting you up and them ult'ing. Yeah it should do decent dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you miss this part?

Yeah its going to be so great, dot them up for 4-8s, spend ult.

But wait they're a necro or templar, they purge them.

Or someone slots the high cost purge etc...

I mean It sure sounds strong that someone literally spend several seconds dotting you up and them ult'ing. Yeah it should do decent dmg.
    The Necromancer may very well kill themselves with the purging - it's really tough to use it when directly under fire (especially when the stupid Mender pet bugs out). Templar is the only real counter to this type of setup (outside of using Purge when dueling), and Ritual is getting a ~12% cost increase.

I'm not ready to say that it'll be as broken as "Glyph Gate" or something, but I'm pretty wary about how the 2h Ult and Corrosive Armor will be interacting with the new bleeds (and Soul Trap too for that matter, since it should be cheap enough for Stam to use if they really wanted to...depending on what the final damage numbers end up being).
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every ability is overpowered if you get 100% penetration.

Bleeds are affected by resistances now and there is no 'bleed meta' or bleeds this and that. They are like any other DoT ability, except they deal physical damage.

If what OP predicts happens its 100% because DoTing people up with all 10s dots and reducing target armor to 0 is dumb and should never make it to any ability.
    Options