Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we get more armor sets / costumes that show more skin?

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the option to hide armor pieces a lot...
    As I mentioned elsewhere:
    The most reasonable thing we can expect...
    ...is for them to sell "invisible armor" motiv pages in the crown store.

I mean, the suits in charge certainly won't send a code-jockey to spend their paid time programming the hide function for all outfit slots without wanting to see some profit, right?

But selling people the option... that would appeal to their shriveled greedy little hearts, right? :p;)

As for the lore... well, I already said it. "Invisible Armor". Enchanting your sturdy armor with an invisibility spell, to lure your foe into a false sense of security...
    I mean, look at this guy:
    Sai_Sahan.png
    ...and that is -still- the best option we can expect.
    They are unlikely to implement anything unless it looks like it could gain them extra profit.
    This would gain them that extra profit - they could sell it like one of those weapon packs, or they could hide the seperate pages in grown crates, with varying rarity... like, invisible shoulder pads or belt buckles could be uncommon, boots and gloves rare, and the chest piece extra-rare... while witholding the pants part so people at least are forced to wear -something- on the battlefiend, even the worst "barbarians"... I could easily see that happening.
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, what costume is the one in the Thieves Guild questline? It's so deliciously revealing.

wO1vLaO.png

The pink one my tiger is wearing. Was it ever released?
    Edited by Ravena on July 6, 2019 3:51AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ravena wrote: »
    Guys, what costume is the one in the Thieves Guild questline? It's so deliciously revealing.

wO1vLaO.png

The pink one my tiger is wearing. Was it ever released?

It was sold for crowns and now it's in the current season of scam crates.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do have some Outfits and costumes that are showing a lot of skin. I am not a big fan of tattoos, so these characters don't have any:

An Imperial in mostly Argonian Outfit Style (Imperial Axe, and Morag Tong Shield):
    YRNLt4O.png

A Redguard in the Dark Seducer Costume (ingame reward for reaching CP 60):
    khFbmDf.png
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Gnozo wrote: »
    I want my old ESO Back. Where the changed a chest piece cause it was showing too much skin. I always liked elder Scrolls game for the more or less realistic look of armor and not these full nudity armor like in every eastern MMO out there.

Like seriously, who would go in a war by exposing 70% of skin to their enemies. No one. You want protection...

Please bring more armor like costumes to the Store. Take some inspiration from dark Souls or real life armor that offer actual protection....

Riiight. And cloth armor would work for protection in a war you think? And also, the first TES game:

Elder_Scrolls_Arena_Cover.jpg

Armor in Daggerfall, 2nd TES game:

dag05.png1510770914-3014856247.gif

Bring back the good ol' days. Thats pricelss.
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the main things that got me hooked on this franchise (I started with Oblivion) is the fact that, having come from Lineage II, the armour sets looked realistic. Not in the sense that they look like medieval knights would wear, but rather in the sense that they were practical and looked like they would do the job they are designed for, which is really what I like. The main issue I have with most other games in the genre is that female and male armours are designed differently, and we all know why that is. Male characters wearing aesthetically pleasing armour that looked like it could do its job, and female characters in the good ol' chainkini. And boobplate. You know what armour female knights would actually have worn? The same as the men. Since a woman fit enough to wear the weight of plate armour would not have had surgically enhanced boobage, her chest would have been able to easily fit into the armour designed to fit a man.

It's the disparity in those other games that I find irritating and stupid. I want to have the same costume options available to both genders of characters, so that I really can "play my way", which is something the ES series has been able to pride itself on in previous titles - you get a lot of variety in the styles of armour from the different races, and none of them needed to resort to being just skimpy non-armour for the girls. It's almost like women are more than just eye candy in TES games! Perish the thought. I already get annoyed by the fact that I can't put half of the "female" makeup options on my male toons if I want to, or beards on a lady. There are so many storylines that revolve around infiltration and spying and yet we cannot use actual "disguises", as though in a world where illusions are a thing you must stick to predefined gendered accoutrements. Because reasons.

So, I'm absolutely in favour of showing more skin in costumes, as long as the same standards are applied to both genders. I don't want to look at female characters running around in skimpy outfits if I can't put the same on my male toons. I look forward to the day where I can see my burly, hairy Nord fella in a gold thong and *** tassles.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravena wrote: »

Whisperweft Gala Wear
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Whisperweft_Gala_Wear

It was the 700 crown version of the outfit. The one in the current crate is the facier 1000 crown version.

(And I think the basic 500cr one may have just left the crown store recently? edit: nope, still there; Ah, here it is:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/sand-kissed-salwar-ensemble/)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 7, 2019 7:49PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    albesca wrote: »
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Thats why i said i want my old ESO Back. Without a tank wearing a Dress. I liked it back then. Now they release more and more dresses and nudity into this game wich i simply dont like at all.

There's nudity in ESO? Besides werewolves, I mean

Once upon a time, the residents of Tamriel shed their pants and embraced a more open lifestyle, at least until a patch came:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251486/my-character-is-nude-and-so-are-the-npcs-is-this-happening-to-anybody-else/p1
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless ZOS starts sending up the male costumes, I'm against anything that makes more female options for showing skin. Look at Golden Saint on a male character -- awesome, but female parts apparently need more oxygen, I want the male version available for my female characters. I hate that ZOS consistently shows more skin on female costumes than on male.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be nice to show off tattoos.

So far Argonian, Sai Sahan and Fang Lair are my choices.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Once upon a time, the residents of Tamriel shed their pants and embraced a more open lifestyle, at least until a patch came:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251486/my-character-is-nude-and-so-are-the-npcs-is-this-happening-to-anybody-else/p1

This is the greatest thread I ever read on this forum, and that must have been glorious to see in game :D
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the outfit style I would like to see Costumes you own as various pieces to choose from. This would add many more options.

Add in options for shoulders, hands, belts and feet to hide. Could also have pieces such as a shoulder, hands and feet looking like jewelry pieces. Belts are pretty much the buckles so what if you don't want to deal with choosing one and hide it instead.

For all those that say armor has to be substantial. A burka like robe offers the same level of protection as an egg sister costume would in real life materials. We play in a high level magicka fantasy world that makes them be actual protection to the characters, nothing immersion breaking unless you want to ignore the magicka & fantasy part.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fear the "Hide your Pants" option might become far too popular... :o