Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we get more armor sets / costumes that show more skin?

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
and no i dont want chainmail bikinis....but for some reason every armor set seems to have always all parts - even when unecessary or lookimg worse - covered up with layers of fabric...

I just dont see the point in having 100 different body markings and tatoos when you cant ever see them anyway...

and/or give the option to hide any armor piece...
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are infinite skimpy outfits for female characters and very few for male characters... :unamused:
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short skirts for my gals.

They have legs and they want to show them, 'cos they know how to use 'em. :)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to toggle hip flaps on and off
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzatun is the style you would want to try. There are also more revealing styles; Elder Argonian chest, Fang Lair chest...
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan's chest armor is basically just a belt on male characters lol. i use that and fang lair to show tattoos and skins.
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's that one argonian chest piece that is really nice, except for the fact it has a giant disc in the center. If we could only take that part of it out.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Graht-Climber's Active Wear will be disappearing soon. I never got it because I'm not a fan of flip flops in outfits.
    There was another version of that outfit, Doeskin-and-Chamois Woods Wear, that had knee high sandals but it sadly hasn't shown up again since 2017. Now I'm torn whether to buy the current one or to wait for something else to show up.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Astelo
    Astelo
    ✭✭✭
    Signed
    The better i got, the more challenger achievements i got, the more skins i got ..... the more often most of my chars using fang lair chest or say sahan chest as they are nearly the only one where you can see so much of these nice skins.
    there should be more options
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We definitely need crotchless chaps for male characters. I wanna show both my Tails in combat!
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want armors which look just like the Brazilian carnival costumes. Or similar like on the cover of the 1st TES game Arena.

Who needs armor anyways. You know... magic. I wear light armor, which is just cloth. Might as well wear my birthday costume since cloth does also not deflect arrows.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are countless ways of designing more revealing armors for male and female characters that isnt just the chainmail bikini nonsense.

I can't figure out why everything is so prudish lately, but hopefully we will get more interesting and varied options for showing some skin soon.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    There are countless ways of designing more revealing armors for male and female characters that isnt just the chainmail bikini nonsense.

I can't figure out why everything is so prudish lately, but hopefully we will get more interesting and varied options for showing some skin soon.

It's Murrica man. It's ok to murder people and go on a killing spree in a town slitting throats with blood pouring out of every corner of that town.
    But show one ni - pple, which is also even a censored word while every mammal has one so it should be pretty normal, and the whole country is in shock.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my old ESO Back. Where the changed a chest piece cause it was showing too much skin. I always liked elder Scrolls game for the more or less realistic look of armor and not these full nudity armor like in every eastern MMO out there.

Like seriously, who would go in a war by exposing 70% of skin to their enemies. No one. You want protection...

Please bring more armor like costumes to the Store. Take some inspiration from dark Souls or real life armor that offer actual protection....
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    I want my old ESO Back. Where the changed a chest piece cause it was showing too much skin. I always liked elder Scrolls game for the more or less realistic look of armor and not these full nudity armor like in every eastern MMO out there.

Like seriously, who would go in a war by exposing 70% of skin to their enemies. No one. You want protection...

Please bring more armor like costumes to the Store. Take some inspiration from dark Souls or real life armor that offer actual protection....

Riiight. And cloth armor would work for protection in a war you think? And also, the first TES game:

Elder_Scrolls_Arena_Cover.jpg

Armor in Daggerfall, 2nd TES game:

dag05.png1510770914-3014856247.gif
    Edited by Knootewoot on July 5, 2019 7:03AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • desndb
    desndb
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

Riiight. And cloth armor would work for protection in a war you think? And also, the first TES game:

Elder_Scrolls_Arena_Cover.jpg

Armor in Daggerfall, 2nd TES game:

dag05.png1510770914-3014856247.gif

I'd much rather wear these!
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloth armor at least against scretches and similiar Things. Better then exposing your skin.

I play since oblivion and nudity was pretty much non existend there. Thats why i fall in Love with the game. Its realistic touch on armor and not this full nudity bikini armor.

[Edit to remove inappropriate content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 5, 2019 11:41PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can have both. Some people can wear bikini armour if that's their choice, you can wear full body "realistic"
    armour (seriously, if you think that TES armours are realistic you need to educate yourself). And don't give me that line about "muh immershun" because there are already half naked people running around, bikini armour or not and just generally immersion in MMO is hard to obtain.

[Edit to remove inapproprite content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 5, 2019 11:43PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • BrooksP
    BrooksP
    ✭✭✭
    Cloth armor at least against scretches and similiar Things. Better then exposing your skin.

I play since oblivion and nudity was pretty much non existend there. Thats why i fall in Love with the game. Its realistic touch on armor and not this full nudity bikini armor.

"Realism" is thrown out the window with costumes. When I can tank a dungeon in a wedding dress, the realistic correlation of armor is pointless. Plus I do agree with others, game has body tattoos, hell even one from a DLC, yet most sets cover it up. Not to mention the game doesn't have enough RPG mechanics to have them visible. Makes them near pointless.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 5, 2019 11:43PM
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This
    https://youtu.be/-vI5tdORhC0
    Is why we need more skimpy costumes
    https://youtu.be/obAd0zAFMTI
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    You can have both. Some people can wear bikini armour if that's their choice, you can wear full body "realistic"
    armour (seriously, if you think that TES armours are realistic you need to educate yourself). And don't give me that line about "muh immershun" because there are already half naked people running around, bikini armour or not and just generally immersion in MMO is hard to obtain.

Thats why i said i want my old ESO Back. Without a tank wearing a Dress. I liked it back then. Now they release more and more dresses and nudity into this game wich i simply dont like at all.

And i never said that TES armor is realistic. I said it has a realistic touch on it. Not like most eastern MMOs on the Market that mostly show skins and boobs.

And i really dont know why ZOS changed this policity. They changed a female chest piece back in the days cause it was showing too much skin. Now we have this nocturnal dress and armor that only covers the boobs. Dont really like it. Just giving my opinion on this topic. Wich is why we have this Forum.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 5, 2019 11:44PM
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    I really dont want such strict rules, I want to tank in my tuxedo whenever I can. There are dragons and psijics in this game and you are still talking about realism.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    agreed. The armor sets are not sexy enough. :pensive:
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am neither for nor opposed to skimpy armor, but the chest pieces keep getting skimpier and skimpier. However, almost all the leg motifs nearly reach knee length. If someone wanted to get motifs that showed more skin, it would probably be more realistic to ask for miniskirts and short-shorts than expecting some kind of fishnet bra to show more on the upper body.
    Edited by Corpier on July 5, 2019 7:56AM
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just one example - the cold snap style, all the spots between armor are covered by fabric...this doesnt make a lot of sense for such a barbaric style...thats just one example where armors are almost always covered up in all places
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when got this:

061326526467c3259fd6fe476641e1a4--female-fighter-character-concept.jpg

Become hotter then this:

tumblr_p7enziijoE1sp8yqvo1_400.jpg
    Edited by Gnozo on July 5, 2019 8:44AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My tin-foil hat theory that ZOS keeps prerogative of short skirts to costumes, so they can continue to sell them.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for now if you wanna "show legs" in custom outfit (not costume), only way is to avoid using leg piece of armor, this is big hit to dps of course, but you still can complete almost all vet content with such setup :D I didn't check all chests, but there are 2 options I like and use - light ashlander chests and light argonian chests. They have some kind of natural mini-skirt, so it all looks quite decent (no underwear seen).
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people complaining that light armour would not be "realistic" ignore, that the whole game is "not realistic".

Do elves exist? No.
    Did knights in the past could run quickly with heavy metal armor? No. They even needed help to climb a horse.
    Have spells ever existed in reality? No.

This game is not about realism, but about creating a fantasy world, where abilities are invented in a way that make computer gaming somehow feasable.

So the "unrealistic" freedom that is common for this game, would not clash with more light looking armour.

Another point: the shoulders in this game are totally out of proportion, especially, but not only, the monster set shoulders.

Exceptions are slimecraw and spawn of Mephala, that look somewhat lightweight. But Mephala is not available as outfit skin, just slimecraw, so I wish we could get Mephala too (looks better imho), OR the ability to hide shoulders completely so that other "unrealistic" features like glowing psyjic tattoos can be presented in the way they deserve (shoulderless).

Screenshot: Spawn of Mephala shoulder (no style, but armour piece).
    hXj0rLG.png

https://imgur.com/hXj0rLG
    Edited by markulrich1966 on July 5, 2019 10:12AM
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats why i said i want my old ESO Back. Without a tank wearing a Dress. I liked it back then. Now they release more and more dresses and nudity into this game wich i simply dont like at all.

There's nudity in ESO? Besides werewolves, I mean
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • BrooksP
    BrooksP
    ✭✭✭
    As for now if you wanna "show legs" in custom outfit (not costume), only way is to avoid using leg piece of armor, this is big hit to dps of course, but you still can complete almost all vet content with such setup :D I didn't check all chests, but there are 2 options I like and use - light ashlander chests and light argonian chests. They have some kind of natural mini-skirt, so it all looks quite decent (no underwear seen).

Checked a few, light imperial, high elf, and breton chests work decently. Guess it is time to start Tamriel's Pant-less Society.