Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we get more armor sets / costumes that show more skin?

• Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after all crazy flashy mounts riding around

i don't think that chainmail bikini would hurt

anything what is left from *mah immershun*

so...yeah i want more open costumes/styles

and chainmail bikini too =D
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop building straw man arguments NO ONE is asking for chainmail bikinis but there is a difference between armor that allows for some skin to be shown to show tatoos or being completly covered up all the time...especially when not everx armor is platemail but also fur, leather etc...
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop building straw man arguments NO ONE is asking for chainmail bikinis but there is a difference between armor that allows for some skin to be shown to show tatoos or being completly covered up all the time...especially when not everx armor is platemail but also fur, leather etc...

no one? uh... you are wrong =P
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about transparent dye? a color like all the others but makes invisible what you paint. Should not be applicable to weapons tho
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Since when got this:

061326526467c3259fd6fe476641e1a4--female-fighter-character-concept.jpg

Become hotter then this:

tumblr_p7enziijoE1sp8yqvo1_400.jpg

Did you just ask "when did boobies become hot?"
    I dont know, I guess when the first ape started walking upright?
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to put a v-neck on my female character. Didn't care about showing any more skin than that. I wanted to keep her in long or at least 3/4 sleeves and long pants. I found exactly ONE option, but along with the v-neck comes some kind of weird neck cover that is v-shaped, leaving a couple inches of space between the bottom of the neck cover and the top of the v-neck. The v-neck isn't even low cut! No cleavage whatsoever. I guess there is a rule at ZoS against showing your clavicles? Anyway, I don't get it. They could give us a lot more revealing clothing without it even remotely falling into the "slooty" category. But everything doesn't have to have a high, closed neck to keep it from being trashy.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since when got this:

Become hotter then this:

Top "armour": Hideous

Bottom (real) armour: Beautiful

I also find the chick in the proper armour to be infinitely more attractive. (I'm a bloke, sue me)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when got this:

Become hotter then this:

I also find the chick in the proper armour to be infinitely more attractive. (I'm a bloke, sue me)

Same Mate, Same. Proper armor is much more attractive then the armor shown in the picture above. If i would play a female character i would like her to be protected, cause i would care for her. Some roleplay stuff here omg....

Anyway, proper armor also comes with some kind of exciting secret feeling on what is under the armor making it intresting. Armor as shown in the first picture just instand reveals everything.... Boring....
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭✭
    people complaining that light armour would not be "realistic" ignore, that the whole game is "not realistic".

Do elves exist? No.
    Did knights in the past could run quickly with heavy metal armor? No. They even needed help to climb a horse.
    Have spells ever existed in reality? No.

This game is not about realism, but about creating a fantasy world, where abilities are invented in a way that make computer gaming somehow feasable.

So the "unrealistic" freedom that is common for this game, would not clash with more light looking armour.

Another point: the shoulders in this game are totally out of proportion, especially, but not only, the monster set shoulders.

Exceptions are slimecraw and spawn of Mephala, that look somewhat lightweight. But Mephala is not available as outfit skin, just slimecraw, so I wish we could get Mephala too (looks better imho), OR the ability to hide shoulders completely so that other "unrealistic" features like glowing psyjic tattoos can be presented in the way they deserve (shoulderless).

Screenshot: Spawn of Mephala shoulder (no style, but armour piece).
    hXj0rLG.png

https://imgur.com/hXj0rLG

HA! There is entire cultures that would argue otherwise...
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, proper armor also comes with some kind of exciting secret feeling on what is under the armor making it intresting. Armor as shown in the first picture just instand reveals everything.... Boring....

Ah, yes, when I'm feeling frisky I always ask my wife to put on a full plate armour
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thats why i said i want my old ESO Back. Without a tank wearing a Dress. I liked it back then. Now they release more and more dresses and nudity into this game wich i simply dont like at all.

And i never said that TES armor is realistic. I said it has a realistic touch on it. Not like most eastern MMOs on the Market that mostly show skins and boobs.

And i really dont know why ZOS changed this policity. They changed a female chest piece back in the days cause it was showing too much skin. Now we have this nocturnal dress and armor that only covers the boobs. Dont really like it. Just giving my opinion on this topic. Wich is why we have this Forum.
    People want more skin to show so they can actually make use of body markings and Skins, but apparently in your mind "showing skin" equates to "nudity", when all it can mean is showing more of the arms, legs, and midriff. It doesn't have to have anything to do with nudity.

Also as others have noted, a lot of the Costumes and motifs in this game aren't very realistic. Also let me point out again that it's a fantasy game, and a staple of these sorts of fantasy franchises is armor that wouldn't be practical in the slightest irl, because magic exists in these universes that can augment any worn armor.

[Edit to remove inappropriate content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 5, 2019 11:47PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrooksP wrote: »
    As for now if you wanna "show legs" in custom outfit (not costume), only way is to avoid using leg piece of armor, this is big hit to dps of course, but you still can complete almost all vet content with such setup :D I didn't check all chests, but there are 2 options I like and use - light ashlander chests and light argonian chests. They have some kind of natural mini-skirt, so it all looks quite decent (no underwear seen).

Checked a few, light imperial, high elf, and breton chests work decently. Guess it is time to start Tamriel's Pant-less Society.

I think it’s Argonian medium tier 1 legs that are little more than compression shorts. It’s what I use in outfits for less armored characters.

And in general, argonian and khajiiti themed armors are your best bet for showing skin/fur/scales.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What seems to be a somewhat problematic distinction is between sexy and showing more skin. There is plenty of shades of grey inbetween that are perfectly sensible and believable while also letting us show more skin if we want to.

The difference isnt between chainmail bikini and head to toe full plate armor.
    The difference is giving players more variety and choice with regards to how their character is dressed and how they look. More choices and options are always preferable to fewer choices and options. There are already many many choices for those who want to be covered head to toe.
    What is being remarked on is that the options for showing skin are deeply limited and the amount and type of skin shown is pretty consistent.

I spent 10m searching fantasy and concept art and found dozens of examples of armor/clothing that shows skin, yet adheres to a strong aesthetic. None of them are even remotely available in ESO.
    All we (those who support the OPs request) are looking for is more varied options. Nobody wants to take away anything that currently exists.
    And for those who seem overly concerned with immersion, a well designed, revealing motif is going to be less off putting than those who choose to dress in the bathers towel. At least revealing armor would be designed to look like armor, instead of just roped on burlap.
    I bear no ill will towards those who use the towel, it just seems that there may be other ways we might show off some tattoos or skins while still looking ready for battle and adventure.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are bigger issues for ZOS to address then players needing to get there FAP on. Smh
    Edited by jazsper77 on July 5, 2019 2:48PM
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The bottom of the mailkini looks like a chastity belt :D

I've got a couple of the lighter costumes like Grahtwood climber and the Egg Sister outfit. I kind of like the style-- it's practical, something that an actual IRL woman might wear outside during a really hot day. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more options like that or the salwar outfit.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when got this:

Become hotter then this:

Well, I mean - from the obvious standpoint, the first one is "hotter" because the second one isn't "hot" in the first place. Realistic, historical, practical - sure, any of those. But not "hot". (unless you mean temperature-wise - I'd certainly say that the second one would be "hotter" in Elsweyr or the jungle. :D )

But all the arguing about "but it's not realistic!" or "but nudity isn't The ESO Way™".... ignores the basic issue: Why make all these full-body tattoos and skins, if most of your armors & costumes cover them up? (Regardless of Male or Female armor)

....and not these full nudity armor like in every eastern MMO out there.

By the way - you do know that halter tops, shorts, bikinis, etc.... they aren't "nudity"

(that's one of the things I find silly on Steam sometimes - any game that shows cleavage/etc, some reactionary prude slaps the "nudity" tag on. Which makes it harder to identify the games that actually have nudity in them. Either to seek them out or to avoid them.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 5, 2019 3:18PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    There are bigger issues for ZOS to address then players needing to get there FAP on. Smh

I find it disturbing that you equate all instances of finding something attractive, with "fapping". I mean, is that what you do or think whenever you see women IRL (or men, if that's your thing) who are wearing anything that isn't fully-covering? That's messed up, dude.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 5, 2019 3:23PM
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure historically there's been armour, designed to be revealing. Like gladiators armour, this would make fights more 'entertaining' (i.e. more blood and guts being spilled).

So if people in the past have worn revealing armour, then you can't really argue against it in eso.
    Even if it isn't as effective.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    I love how this escalated from wanting to be able to see skins and tattoos to some dude implying you jerk off to a character. Grow up. You can have both. Some people can wear bikini armour if that's their choice, you can wear full body "realistic"
    armour (seriously, if you think that TES armours are realistic you need to educate yourself). And don't give me that line about "muh immershun" because there are already half naked people running around, bikini armour or not and just generally immersion in MMO is hard to obtain.

Thats why i said i want my old ESO Back. Without a tank wearing a Dress. I liked it back then. Now they release more and more dresses and nudity into this game wich i simply dont like at all.

And i never said that TES armor is realistic. I said it has a realistic touch on it. Not like most eastern MMOs on the Market that mostly show skins and boobs.

And i really dont know why ZOS changed this policity. They changed a female chest piece back in the days cause it was showing too much skin. Now we have this nocturnal dress and armor that only covers the boobs. Dont really like it. Just giving my opinion on this topic. Wich is why we have this Forum.

IIRC all of the non-armors like dresses and skimpy clothes are appropriate for the game setting; there are a lot of RPers in particular in this game and a part of the TES fandom in general who use the dresses and skimpy outfits in gameworld-appropriate settings.

With what you're talking about, it would be more appropriate if ZOS implemented an inability to wear costumes in combat settings. But even then it would be sketchy considering that mages have been perfectly capable of fighting in dresses.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, check out Elder Argonian, Mazzatun, Fang Lair and Minotaur, as well as low level bosmer:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/motifs/
    The Moot Councillor
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    people complaining that light armour would not be "realistic" ignore, that the whole game is "not realistic".

Do elves exist? No.
    Did knights in the past could run quickly with heavy metal armor? No. They even needed help to climb a horse.

This game is not about realism, but about creating a fantasy world, where abilities are invented in a way that make computer gaming somehow feasable.

So the "unrealistic" freedom that is common for this game, would not clash with more light looking armour.

The game might not be realistic in the way that it isn't realistic compared to our real world, but it should be realistic in terms of itself. The fact that things like, for example, mer don't exist on Earth, isn't a good argument for 'anything goes because fantasy world' on Nirn (although honestly I don't think you're arguing that, but I think this is an important point to bring up). A fantasy world can still have realistic (in Earth-terms) characteristics.

I'd argue that from what we have so far gotten from the TES universe over the years, it doesn't make sense, even on Nirn, for someone wearing something revealing to not easily die in combat unless using some sort of protection spell or potion or something similar. But only so much can be done about realism things like this in a game, so eh
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since when got this:

Become hotter then this:

Same Mate, Same. Proper armor is much more attractive then the armor shown in the picture above. If i would play a female character i would like her to be protected, cause i would care for her. Some roleplay stuff here omg....

You do know that people in full armor during battle wet themselves, crapped themselves and didn't wash for weeks/months.

I rather take the girl in skimpy armor.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s like 4 skirts in the game that let you show off plenty of skin but yeah hopefully they add more options.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just be happy with hiding shoulders.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do elves exist? No.

Another point: the shoulders in this game are totally out of proportion, especially, but not only, the monster set shoulders.

Exceptions are slimecraw and spawn of Mephala, that look somewhat lightweight. But Mephala is not available as outfit skin, just slimecraw, so I wish we could get Mephala too (looks better imho), OR the ability to hide shoulders completely so that other "unrealistic" features like glowing psyjic tattoos can be presented in the way they deserve (shoulderless).

Screenshot: Spawn of Mephala shoulder (no style, but armour piece).
    hXj0rLG.png

https://imgur.com/hXj0rLG

HA! There is entire cultures that would argue otherwise...

I myself would argue they (spells) exist, as I firmly believe in the existence of magick. Seen enough weird stuff to convince me.

And if I'm actually crazy, well, I'm happy to be labelled as such. I mean I already am LOL!
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since when got this:

Become hotter then this:

I Definitely get why you would care as a role player.

As for me, any character creator or visual upgrade game I play is just me playing with dolls. I'm moving my He-Mans and GI Joes around as I see fit. And if my head cannon calls for a sexy vixen or *** kicker in a tee shirt i like to have those options.

When they put a big ugly leather patch on the redguard light chest, I was disappointed. When they drew ridiculous straps on the first riders costume (because a corset was too, something) I just gave up and accepted that in order to draw a larger audience, they would have to be more PC. Even though I would like sexier armor/costume options, I'd rather have the larger player base.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish the plate armour was actually that.

It really hurts my OCD to see what is meant to be solid steel flexing like silk on the player models.
    EU PS4
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It really hurts my OCD to see what is meant to be solid steel flexing like silk on the player models.

It’s mithril!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    Since when got this:

Become hotter then this:

Did you just ask "when did boobies become hot?"
    I dont know, I guess when the first ape started walking upright?

I guess it was when first flower blossomed many-many millions years before Christ. But all the people that adore beautiful flowers in blossom, forget that those are absolutely the same as naked/almost naked humans, in terms of function. Still I doubt anybody wants to turn ESO in some korean MMO or such, players just want shorter outfits options. As for now this is mazzatun which is not that short actually, or running without leg piece.

True, many armors are completely ruined by this, also many old armors have very strange proportions. But outfits of last 2 years are mostly great.
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    I like the option to hide armor pieces a lot because I think it gives you the most flexibility to choose a look. I'm not opposed to sets that show more skin but what often happens to me with those is that they either reveal more than what I was hoping for or are designed to show off midriff when I wanted shoulders, legs when I wanted cleavage, etc.