The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MidYear Cancelled this year due to group finder/performance. What are your thoughts?

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are that

1. I'm a bit disappointed that the event is cancelled.
    2. I've been here a few years and I know Cyrodiil problems have been snowballing.
    3. I can understand why it's cancelled.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personal thoughts: double ap should only be applied to killing people in a player vs player zone. Having Zergs farm each other empty keeps for 12k offensive ticks is stupid honestly. It did nothing but create Pvdoor and nobody will fight.

As for them canceling the event I think it’s hilarious that the q finder has been broken since release but especially during janurary event and 6 months later it’s stoll broken
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    If and most likely when the overall performance will go worse slowly but surely, I wouldn't be too surprised if Zenimax shuts down Cyrodiil for few weeks or even full month to try and test how it affects the game overall, that would be the next logical step. Fixing the lag problem hasn't been and isn't any realistic option anymore in my opinion.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went F2P and will just keep logging in with my main to play with guildies. Thats all that matters now.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol go figure. The lag is so bad at this point i wouldn't wanna play it anyway.

Eso is really lucky there isn't another game like its pvp on console. Id leave in a second. The game never performed amazing, but it's a downright joke and a beautiful shame how bad it's become. I played tonight and with more than 15 ppl near by its a battle vs lag more than anything.

The fix is never coming. Look at this companies moves lately.

They. Don't. Care. About. Quality.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was kinda looking forward to it but oh well. At least I wont be stuck in the queue for 4 hours because all the pvers are taking up the population.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I foresee another consequential side effect from this: all the anti-PvPers will praise the devs for this and view this as "payback" for the "griefing" PvEers experienced during that week of the anniversary. This will in turn fracture the community even more.

Nope. Pretty much anti-ESO-PvP here and I would never think that a mechanical failure was any sort of punishment, for one thing; for another, you don't punish an entire class of players for something that not all of them did. I hate PvP in this game because of the toxic players, but I know that they do not comprise 100% of the PvP population, and the few who aren't a-holes do not deserve a bad time just because others can't be good sports.

I'm glad for my OWN sake that they substituted another event that I can do and enjoy, as what little enjoyment remained in PvP has been killed for me with the faction locks since I can no longer play with my guild. But I don't take any enjoyment out of the deprivation of PvP players resulting from it, I think it's unfortunate for them.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason ZOS has cancelled midyear mayhem is because it's tied to event tickets and they don't want to subject the majority of their customers to more misery in Cyrodiil.

PVP performance has completely sucked for years and that never stopped them from hosting the event before and obviously AvA players will continue to feel pain in Cyrodiil regardless.

No one should give ZOS a free pass on this. Neither Cyrodiil or Group Finder issues are new. ZOS has chosen to focus its client and server development efforts on supporting an even larger cash store instead of fixing serious issues. I honestly can't believe anyone still apologizes for them. It actually turns my stomach to read that crap.
    Edited by zyk on June 29, 2019 5:44AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will miss the double AP and the general craziness Cyrodiil is during the event.

Won't miss
    300+ ques
    Lag, lag and more lag
    Disonnects
    Skill lock
    Not being able to switch bars
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is pretty damning. As far as I'm concerned, this is putting my current subscription at serious risk of closure, as this level of cancellation with so little warning, and so little options for events running forward for the PVP community shows that they truly do not care in any form.

Combine that with the godawful locks and the terrible necro balance, the game just hasn't been fun since the Xpack launched. It was more fun the couple weeks before.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    The only reason ZOS has cancelled midyear mayhem is because it's tied to event tickets and they don't want to subject the majority of their customers to more misery in Cyrodiil.

PVP performance has completely sucked for years and that never stopped them from hosting the event before and obviously AvA players will continue to feel pain in Cyrodiil regardless.

No one should give ZOS a free pass on this. Neither Cyrodiil or Group Finder issues are new. ZOS has chosen to focus its client and server development efforts on supporting an even larger cash store instead of fixing serious issues. I honestly can't believe anyone still apologizes for them. It actually turns my stomach to read that crap.

QFT

I want to believe ZOS will use this time to work on the performance issues, but the realist in me knows that won't be the case.

Side note: is this dueling event actually going to happen? :D
    Edited by The_Lex on June 29, 2019 2:59PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they ran the event the forums would be full of rage over the bad servers/group finder. Cancel the event and you get rage about how they hate the PvP community. They can't win on this (until they figure out the stability issues).

Problem is they offered nothing in its place for the pvp community who has only 1 event to look forward too.

There are plenty of things they could have done in its place but they took the easy route which was to again screw the pvp community and neglect it like they have been for the last 5 years.

There is no fixing the latency in this game without serious game engine updates and investing more time and money into hardware that they simply wont do.

Its just a flat out pathetic disgrace on their part once again for how they treat the pvp community.

PATHETIC!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still sad.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was technically the right decision to cancel it considering how bad performance has been however to me it just feels like they've given up.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    My thoughts?

Pathfinder main with a 4.5 kdr lfg to grind season 2

LEVEL TREE!

Related to server performance: Mozambique here!

More seriously, though, I actually kind of agree with this. Although I PvE a fair amount, PvP is my genuine passion now that I've been thoroughly in the end game for well over a year now. I may enjoy my vet Trial runs and vet HM achievement runs with guildies and all, but it's ultimately the fluidity of PvP combat and the high level of build customization that you really only find in PvP that keeps me coming back.

Or, rather, it had been. I still log in every day to do merchant stuff/daily crafting writs/surveys while watching YouTube, but that's basically all I do. I don't really play except for guild events on the weekend for the aforementioned vet runs or when I'm running a weekly casual PvP group. The buggy, seemingly continuously deteriorating state of the game (for real, it seems like there's a new core element of the game that stops working reliably without any real fix every single update) was just making me not interested in playing much outside of my routine. I had thought that Midyear Mayhem would draw me back, because I genuinely do love PvP, but since that's no longer on the table... well, ZOS is fortunate they have me with a long-term sub that just renewed, I guess.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on June 30, 2019 9:43AM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More better iron and servers are needed. Years of Performance issues must stop.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »

If they ran the event the forums would be full of rage over the bad servers/group finder. Cancel the event and you get rage about how they hate the PvP community. They can't win on this (until they figure out the stability issues).

Turelus the problem is that we can't trust them when they say they're working on it. How many times have we been told that and nothing changes. You were told that there is no big fix coming because they're focused on selling and not fixing. Stop the white knight bs and understand that the community is tired of the lies and half assed attempts at fixing things that just break 10 other things.
    I stand by my statement that no matter what they did with this years Midyear Mayhem it would have bitten them in the butt. Do you really think that what I said wouldn't have happened in either case? So are they not in a situation where they're damned no matter what they do?

Regarding trusting their word, I think it depends what is said. I wouldn't trust them saying "we have big improvements to stability coming soon" however I would trust them saying "we have a new rebuild of group finder coming"

In regards to the community being fed up? Funny thing about that is I am part of that community, part that plays on the EU servers as well. I am just as tired off the issues as everyone else, I just try to be a bit more constructive than "grrr ZOS" in every thread.

But hey, apparently just stating they were screwed whatever they did is now the bar for white knighting. I guess unless every post is "Zo$ SUCKS! FIX GAME!" it's white knighting these days.

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Brian wheeler had a 65k viewed post on cyrodil performance which zos abandon. We never got the results of the no CP test. Matt firor in his year address said cyrodil performance was a priority. Years go by and very little is done to fix the issues With no communication. Then out of the blue a zos employee says they are canceling due to performance issues. Yet performance has not changed and they never cancelled before. Constructivity went out the window years ago. At this point giving them a shred of Benefit if the doubt is white knighting it. People are disgruntled and yet zos still lacks real communication.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • probabkyravi
    probabkyravi
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil group finder never worked, BG group finder is rarely broken.

ZoS making excuses, probably scared the servers will fry coz its summer and WoW refugees are here.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am glad that they are working on it and trying to improve it. It sucks no double AP event will happen as it was fun and I usually went to a lower pop campaign so I never had most of the issues others did but it's okay.

You know it's funny I see a lot of players posting that they want fixes and improvements over content and when the Midyear event happens and it's crazy in Vivec you see them saying "why they even do it?" and all that. Now they take some steps to improve things and the same players are crying about that. LoL. Can't have it both ways. As a PvPer it sucks that the one event we had got canceled but I get it.

I also don't see how ZOS lacks communication when they have spoken about things they plan on doing with performance issues in ESO Live broadcasts and other places like Reddit and such. They said they are working on things slowly so they don't make any major mistakes and also seeing how those minor changes help/hurt pvp. They said they were looking to reduce calculations (They removed towers and roofs from being siegable), moving things from one server side to another, fixing some coding and more I don't remember.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should at least put Imperial City DLC on sale like they did last year.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I am glad that they are working on it and trying to improve it. It sucks no double AP event will happen as it was fun and I usually went to a lower pop campaign so I never had most of the issues others did but it's okay.

You know it's funny I see a lot of players posting that they want fixes and improvements over content and when the Midyear event happens and it's crazy in Vivec you see them saying "why they even do it?" and all that. Now they take some steps to improve things and the same players are crying about that. LoL. Can't have it both ways. As a PvPer it sucks that the one event we had got canceled but I get it.

I also don't see how ZOS lacks communication when they have spoken about things they plan on doing with performance issues in ESO Live broadcasts and other places like Reddit and such. They said they are working on things slowly so they don't make any major mistakes and also seeing how those minor changes help/hurt pvp. They said they were looking to reduce calculations (They removed towers and roofs from being siegable), moving things from one server side to another, fixing some coding and more I don't remember.

How much time do you want to give them? Performance has been crappy since 2015 and they stopped communicating performance updates on these forums years ago. Is reddit the official source now?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance sucks and the PvP event has been cancelled, but to make up for it, there will be a newly re-skinned camel in the crown store soon.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Not to mention during the last event many regular pvp players asked ZOS not to run these events until performance was improved and campaigns could handle the larger populations. Still, they created a no win situation for themselves by allowing the performance to go into the crapper. I think people were asking them to improve performance instead of cancelling the event.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

Not to mention during the last event many regular pvp players asked ZOS not to run these events until performance was improved and campaigns could handle the larger populations. Still, they created a no win situation for themselves by allowing the performance to go into the crapper. I think people were asking them to improve performance instead of cancelling the event.

I think you are both right... they are in a no win situation brought on by someone’s doing and I don’t know enough to point fingers at but either way it should be fixed and things should be communicated to the community.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm going to miss some of the loot from Pellinal's boxes, but double AP, meh, I already have so much I don't know what to do with it, unless something saleable and attractive appears in the golden vendor

Otherwise it's stupid queues, crazy lag... why are some of you whinging again?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might be because some enjoy midyear and dont experience the crippling lag that a lot do?
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate it.
    When I have done my daily crafting/delve/wb, I quickly do thieves guild daily and then brotherhood. brotherhood last, as I quickrun it, so get a bounty. The bounty is down to zero again the next day.

So it just takes 10-15 minutes to gain my event tickets, I prefer this to tedious tries in Cyrodiil.
    The last event in cyro was nice, it invited me to have a closer look to pvp, and I enjoyed it. This has changed since faction lock, though. Fun is gone, I play there just 1/6 of the time I played before.

So now that the cyro "commuity" made clear, that people with PVE focus (enjoying several alliance builds) are not desired in cyro, I aprreciate that ZOS gave us an alternative solution to gain our event tickets.
    Don't complain, it is the logical consequence if you want to play in an "exclusive club" without "noobs".
    Edited by markulrich1966 on July 5, 2019 11:02AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @markulrich1966 I enjoy more people in pvp, dont care if you main pve. I like the chaos pve guilds bring to pvp.
    Reminds me of how cyro was before guilds got too organized.

I think the majority only complain about pve players coming into cyro because it adds more stress to the server.

So, the hate towards pve folks coming into cyro is a direct result of zos failing to listen to the pvp community for years about the lag and other issues.

Then you get a cancellation of the biggest pvp event because of performance issues we have been talking about for years. That might add even more misdirected rage.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @markulrich1966 I enjoy more people in pvp, dont care if you main pve. I like the chaos pve guilds bring to pvp.
    Reminds me of how cyro was before guilds got too organized.

I think the majority only complain about pve players coming into cyro because it adds more stress to the server.

So, the hate towards pve folks coming into cyro is a direct result of zos failing to listen to the pvp community for years about the lag and other issues.

Then you get a cancellation of the biggest pvp event because of performance issues we have been talking about for years. That might add even more misdirected rage.

I love when the pvers take a field trip to Cyrodiil. Makes things interesting. I miss the haddy scourge days when pvers used to bring 24 mans to get vigor/caltrops/warhorn and got some wild fights.