The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO turned into siege simulator.

VinayExile
VinayExile
✭✭✭✭
I dont have to explain, on our server PC EU its horrible, especially on EP side.
You are either alone or in a small group, picking your fights and fighting outnumbered, and the first thing I see people do is set meatbags everywhere to meat bag you 10 vs 1.

They do this because it's just auto win, you cant purge meatbag and it is insanely high damage right now.
I feel siege needs to be adjusted, it shouldn't be this powerfull that you can put 1 oil or 1 meatbag when you are fighting someone or a group that is maybe 3 guys and you have 10-30 people sieging them and just winning because siege is a auto win mechanic now.
Sure someone can slot purge or siege shield but this isnt the way to go, no one wants to play like this.

There is no incentive for people to learn to get better or change if there are instawin options like the siege.( not even talking about stupid stuff like the goliath bash ).

Siege needs to be looked at, the ground dot non purgable meatbag damage and oil damage that ticks for 10k a tick every second is just stupid.

30 or more people just staying out of the fight and putting 5+ meatbags and cold fire ballista on 1 guy is just stupid.

You should be rewarded for pvp not for sieging!
Edited by VinayExile on June 27, 2019 1:38PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see siege nerfed might actually get people to fight instead of sitting on the walls or upstairs while the other faction flip the flags 😔
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege is PvP. Potatoes got a cannon and you mad. Get gud.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

Sure but it shouldn't be this strong that its autowin for you if you siege someone.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Guess your one of those potatoes sitting on the wall
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean look at this photo, was last night, we were 4 people and there was 1 AD guy.
    Look how many EP is on that wall, they just stood there sieging for a good 15 minutes, only came out when we all left to sejanus.

fbwhDgr.jpg
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And? They defended a keep and you left. Objective complete.

They don't have to fight you on your terms.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, while it may be the case that PVP has "turned into siege simulator", it's hardly the case that all of ESO is. There is a lot more to this game than that one particular scenario in that one particular area in that one particular game mode.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess your one of those potatoes sitting on the wall

Nope i'm the bad pvper who still charges out to die, but I also don't try to restrict someone else's idea of fun so they can fight me on my terms.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    I mean look at this photo, was last night, we were 4 people and there was 1 AD guy.
    Look how many EP is on that wall, they just stood there sieging for a good 15 minutes, only came out when we all left to sejanus.

fbwhDgr.jpg

I remember this, EP kept coming out then to be faced with Team Green. Can’t expect them to feed your AP farming.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that the point of the Alliance War? To defend your keeps?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kan’t keep your Keeps, Kreep.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see siege nerfed might actually get people to fight instead of sitting on the walls or upstairs while the other faction flip the flags 😔

Pretty sure people have been sitting on the walls/upstairs sieging instead of coming out to fight for the objective for all of the 2+ years I've been playing in Cyrodiil.

"What, go out and fight? I might die!"
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No siege in BGs and IC. In Cyro I'd like to see a mechanic at keep resources or towns/outposts that reduces the number of siege allowed in a particular spot. Like, own 3 resources cap is 20, own 2 cap is 15, own 1 cap is 10 etc.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No siege in BGs. Seems like it would be easier to play the game with a rule set more to one's liking.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty sure people have been sitting on the walls/upstairs sieging instead of coming out to fight for the objective for all of the 2+ years I've been playing in Cyrodiil.

"What, go out and fight? I might die!"

People are afraid to take a death , get out there and push the siege I say
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bold of you to say coming from the useless 40k health tank bot who literally does nothing but siege.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

Bold of you to say coming from the useless 40k health tank bot who literally does nothing but siege.

If you can recognize me im not useless
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil is "PvP" for PvE players, be they those who zerg about, those who play as a guild or those who smallscale, so really what else do you expect?

Edited by Sylosi on June 27, 2019 5:55PM
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some siege sabotage gadgets could be interesting. Like a firebomb that you can throw from distance and burn the siege. Or make it malfunction and kill the user.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those Rams are getting OP.

This one "ate" my oil.

vWsBij3.png
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyro should be deleted it will solve a lot of problems at once
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those Rams are getting OP.

This one "ate" my oil.

vWsBij3.png

SpiderRam, SpiderRam, Does whatever a SpiderRam does!
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's more effective to siege from the wall. Sometimes it's more effective to come down and drive the enemy off. I have a hard time with the notion that I should choose to play in a way that I perceive as lessening my Alliance's chances of achieving its objectives. Somehow playing stupid is virtuous? And it's not as though you can't attack those enemy meatbags with your own siege.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Siege should be stronger. If a zerg can wipe out a solo person in seconds then siege should wipe out a zerg in seconds.

I don't know how many times i've used multiple siege on a group that is ramming a door and it doesn't even phase them. Siege should be very strong.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry Vinay, DC is just as siege focused as any other alliance. The moment you appear near one of their keeps, you have the usual suspects putting down about 4 to 8 cold fire ballistas and meatbags to fight 4 players until TDA or some lfg thrash group arrives and ultidumps you from stealth with 24 people.

BTW @DC LFG players what is it with these stealthed zergs on DC side? I know prootch did use that tactic and it was a running gag on EP side ever since but why do full DC lfg raids still hide in stealth to then run unbuffed into their death?
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVaelham wrote: »
    Isn't that the point of the Alliance War? To defend your keeps?

No, the point of alliance war is that PUGs come out in typical strudel formation to be smallscaled in series of 4v1 by more competent players. That they instead stuck to the objective, AP starved enemies and harassed them from distance until they left was very underhanded and display of poor sportsmanship.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Don't worry Vinay, DC is just as siege focused as any other alliance. The moment you appear near one of their keeps, you have the usual suspects putting down about 4 to 8 cold fire ballistas and meatbags to fight 4 players until TDA or some lfg thrash group arrives and ultidumps you from stealth with 24 people.

BTW @DC LFG players what is it with these stealthed zergs on DC side? I know prootch did use that tactic and it was a running gag on EP side ever since but why do full DC lfg raids still hide in stealth to then run unbuffed into their death?

yea im not just talking about EP, im sure every alliance does it, ive played all 3.
    My point is it shouldnt be rewarded, maybe in keeps, but not open world.

maybe siege damage should be nerfed outside keeps, and do like maybe 20-30% more damage inside a keep but not 10k per tick ( wich stacks )
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    VinayExile wrote: »

fbwhDgr.jpg

I remember this, EP kept coming out then to be faced with Team Green. Can’t expect them to feed your AP farming.

20+ ppl getting farmed by 1 ad and 4 dc? yea right lmao
  • danwtayl
    danwtayl
    ✭✭✭
    The scariest thing in Cyrodiil shouldn't be a oil pot... The damage on siege is way overtuned in CP campaigns. I didn't like this when I read it in the patch notes and hate it even more now that it is live.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And? They defended a keep and you left. Objective complete.

They don't have to fight you on your terms.

You know that the term PVP stands for player vs player right?