The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why do you pvp

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is a gigantic map, a huge canvas designed for whatever the players decide to do. It's an interesting place to spend a few hours.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know that feeling you get when you see somebody just standing there looking at their inventory or typing a message. Yeah, you want to ride that feeling.

Lol spoken like a true magnb
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly to annoy zone chat with:

#buffwardens

Or when people call out a group attacking, just reply with “ Just X’em “

Answer hate whispers with “Made by Wrobel, baby”
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain-is-Me.png
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I started playing in Cyro I used to watch streamers PvP and it always looked super fun, but for the longest time I couldn't get past my worry that my lack of experience out there would lead to people being being horrid, which I am not great at tolerating. So the other year, during the Cyro event I took some shots and off I went, terrified. It was so much fun! No one was mean, ok so 1 person was but they got told off by zone chat lol.

My favorite thing are giant fights, big defenses or keep take fights or even large open field fights. Its like a high really. Which I realize probably is a bad thing that I react that way in large fights, but whatever, its fun lol

I love hearing stories like this, especially about the guy who got told off in zone chat. Glad to see the pvpers out there making us look good.
    But yeah, you're always going to find that one idiot. Unfortunately they exist everywhere, even PvE.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of fun
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Before I started playing in Cyro I used to watch streamers PvP and it always looked super fun, but for the longest time I couldn't get past my worry that my lack of experience out there would lead to people being being horrid, which I am not great at tolerating. So the other year, during the Cyro event I took some shots and off I went, terrified. It was so much fun! No one was mean, ok so 1 person was but they got told off by zone chat lol.

My favorite thing are giant fights, big defenses or keep take fights or even large open field fights. Its like a high really. Which I realize probably is a bad thing that I react that way in large fights, but whatever, its fun lol

I love hearing stories like this, especially about the guy who got told off in zone chat. Glad to see the pvpers out there making us look good.
    But yeah, you're always going to find that one idiot. Unfortunately they exist everywhere, even PvE.

Yea, difference I think is the toxic players in PvE are usually the hardcore types. In pvp it’s usually the beginners.

If I’m on an alt I’ll occasionally see people rage in group chat if we’re losing, never see that in higher MMR.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy the lag and zergs and the class balance and the server performance and the loading screens and... ok so I can't actually come up with a valid reason so maybe its just addiction?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its fun, the feeling when you pull of a great fight is nice. But it definitely does help in PVE as you become very adept in Situational Awareness.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »

Yea, difference I think is the toxic players in PvE are usually the hardcore types. In pvp it’s usually the beginners.

If I’m on an alt I’ll occasionally see people rage in group chat if we’re losing, never see that in higher MMR.

We won a match and I still raged a bit in chat. Team would engage green, took out green, purp shows up and the team peaces. While I get the point that they wanted to farm green; I don't like completely ignoring an obvious opponent.

Plus that's a great way to get your lesser mobile allies steamrolled
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 26, 2019 1:41AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be unable to go for kills on most targets because even when they eat thi c c c combos their buddies have plenty of time to pile on. Building tankier just means getting stuck in miserable stalemates usually ended by someone's allies showing up. That's pretty boring IMO. Most fun I've had recently is just giving up on bursting all the 30k+ health tanks and just focusing on kiting and doing emotes.

Also more things are going through LOS due to the higher lag IMO so there's more pressure even when I'm properly humping the towers/rocks/trees.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly only to do a few things:

1. Troll
    2. Find the highest heal #s in the patch
    3. Use weird hybrid builds to mess with people's heads

Yeah, that about sums it up...
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well to have fun or to kill time( night shift worker here, mostly when I have time, everybody in EU is working so yeah)
    When I work a normal day shift or have a weekend off, then its just great to hang around in TS, have some fun and silly stuff going on while hanging around in cyro.
    Edited by DemonDruaga on June 26, 2019 4:20AM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to suffer
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood for the blood god
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PvP because I’m trying to relive a misspent youth as I desperately try to resist the impending and unyielding onslaught of adulthood and the subsequent grim realization that many of the paths to my dreams have become eternally closed.

Also it’s fun.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the competitive element. Also, feasting on the entrails of my victims!

Plus being hunted down for the entire match by some meta-brawler because I sniped him once, but continuously turning the table on my would-be hunter followed by getting hate-tells is just very rewarding. :)
    Edited by LordTareq on June 26, 2019 8:38PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pvp to kill folks, tbag people I don’t like, read hate tells, and model out fits down by the river.
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    It's fun until you encouter magsorcs and/or lag. Those 2 things are what's killing PvP for me atm. Cyro is unplayable.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love PvP.
    But ESO's PvP is poorly balanced.
    Heavy armor is too strong, and 80% of sets is trash.
    ZOS should more effort.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the thrill of victory:
    g5mYEqV.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We always talk about what they’ve done wrong but here is my opinion of what they’ve done right:

1) (Almost) no cooldowns on skills
    This makes for highly fast paced combat that we love

2) (Mostly) proper back & forth between 2 players fighting, allowing both players access to offensive, defensive, & healing skills (many games fail hard at this)

3) (Mostly) open build diversity
    This has kept myself & many others. I’m not sure if they understood how popular this would become at launch, but the versatility of builds is very amazing & important

4) Continually striving to make the game better & (generally) being a good sport about criticism/failures/mistakes
    This openness is key to having the communities respect, trust, & admiration (& $’s)

5) Good number of (unique & similar) skills & passives to choose from so you aren’t necessarily pigeon holed into constantly respec’ing (which cost gold)

Top wishes: (sorry, I had to throw them in)
    Less lag
    More reliable skills
    Port/conversion to Unreal 4 engine (or maybe something like the new Camelot unchained engine that can handle big battles)
    Better hair textures (like seriously better, Skyrim mods are better)
    Edited by kaithuzar on July 3, 2019 6:37AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Tesfa
    Tesfa
    ESO PvP is amazing in THEORY. Thus, I PvP.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like a high really. ... its fun lol

this one gets it.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I stopped. Bethesda doesn't care about performance, i don't care about them. Nor does my money.

Same, sucks to be them I guess!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The enemies are more dynamic than in pve.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    For the salty whispers
  • Tylersoh
    Tylersoh
    ✭✭✭
    I PvP because PvE is way to easy. I really wish they made NPCs more difficult to kill.
    Edited by Tylersoh on July 3, 2019 10:37PM
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    I play for hate mail.

Keeps me going.

Love it when you wipe the floor with someone and they message you about being trash.

But they died to my hands...
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    I play for hate mail.

Keeps me going.

Love it when you wipe the floor with someone and they message you about being trash.

But they died to my hands...

Lol those are the best salty whispers