The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do you pvp

GhostofDatthaw
GhostofDatthaw
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title states why do you pvp?

I've been playing this game for years. But we all know what is happening without a saying it. So I ask, why do you keep playing? What is your reason? Do you still have fun? Is it just social?

Want to see what everyone else says
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because when it's working properly, its a blast and I couldnt ask for a more entertaining evening of video gaming with friends.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 24, 2019 11:37AM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because when it's working properly, its a blast and I couldnt ask for a more entertaining evening of video gaming with friends.

^^^ This, however finding that amazing night is sometimes very difficult as the game by nature is not balanced and that is oke. Its addictive and being good at PVP rocks, it is very complex and large game being good at this is quite cool
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean yeah that's why I still try to play myself. I spent countless hours play g with friends be it 20 man groups actually raiding keeps to 2-4 man's taking resources and causing chaos behind the lines.

I understand all that..

But as we all know, the lag...

I run my own buisness, i don't have the luxury of playing at 10am on a wednesday. My friends, like myself also work full time. With te constraints most of my friend's left to play other games. I'm still here, I try to solo or duo with another person, but even that is painful. Two people taking a back line resource and fighting 4 enemies and I'm rubber banding...

I'm starting to ask myself. Why even bother anymore.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s fun
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat is addicting, especially when it's working, and I love the unpredictability of fighting real players, instead of the scripted nature of PvE. It's far more reactive and "on your toes" than anything I've ever played before.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because overworld quests/bosses are too easy and pve endgame is too much elitist.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying out different build and tweaking your playstyle to match such builds is entertaining. Running into plays that out play you or when you just don't have the proper build to deal with such players efficiently is humbling (like a dizzy swing build vs a block tank).

Sometimes I just want to see how abysmal the lag is so I can skip cyrodiil for a week or two.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guildmates

Allthough its getting real hard right now
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t... not anymore. It’s no longer worth it. At one point the majority of sessions were great. Not in terms of balance, just that things were working more or less. Then about half of the sessions were good. Still worth logging in. But now? It seems like maybe one in every handful of sessions is even playable. But even the good times are now the equivalent of what a mediocre session was in the past.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I hate myself and like to inflict pain on my conscious
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it's fun!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always viewed PvP in MMORPGs as the true “end game” content. Even in WoW when achieving server firsts, etc, it was for my pvp gear to push gladiator in 2s 3s and 5s bracket. The scripted fights just aren’t challenging, you learn mechanics, after that its going through the motions. PvP insures that no one encounter is going to be the same. Couple this with the giant landscape of cyrodill and it’s environment and it makes for some great pvp gameplay. You also can fine then to exactly what you’re wanting to do and switch up accordingly.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wQscEsz.jpg
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same reason I PvP in any MMO I play. Eventually after getting all my gear and doing the same dungeons over and over I get extremely bored. PvP offers a dynamic environment where almost every day something new happens. You never know what you'll run into, or what the fights you encounter will be like. There's also a lot of progression to be had if you're into that kind of thing also, but for me it's mostly about the player versus player experience, because who wants to fight AI when you know all of its mechanics back to front.
    That's when it's not laggy and actually responsive, of course.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped. Bethesda doesn't care about performance, i don't care about them. Nor does my money.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a factor of unknown with PvP that no PvE never - EVER - can replicate.

PvP u can get a mix of luck and skills and how the planets are aligned that day... players are forced to continuously improvise, critical thinking and quick reactions, and ability to adapt. and there's no "end goal".

i simply don't get bored with PvP.

PvE, for me personally, is like a going on a rollercoaster. i love trying new stuff, i love repeating the ones my fav rides, i learned my limits and try to get those "achievements", but then that's it. Again, it's my own opinion, I totally get it if some PvE-ers would push and push and push to get better and top the leaderboards, but for me once i get the drops i want, the achievements that are within my limit, that's it. not to mention u need to dedicate a specific amount of time, compared to PvP picked-up-and-play at any time. (Cyro never stops and BG is 15min max).

So yeah. I love PvE, but PvP is just too addictive even with all the lags.

Last night, Kaal PC NA and multiple raids (i counted at least 50+) are going all over BRK/Sej, multiple skirmishes from small team to large large battles, both on and off the keeps, pushing blender zerg or push INTO an enemy's zerg, trying to survive as long as i can, just to buy a couple seconds for teammates to retreat.

I solo 75% of the time in there, and grouped with PUG 20% of the time, and 5% with guildmates, it's always fun, and no real requirements to bring friends once ur comfortable in it.

War is addictive.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each time im geting wiped (happens a lot) im asking me exactly this question and still no answer has been found.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Each time im geting wiped (happens a lot) im asking me exactly this question and still no answer has been found.

define "wiped"?

killed?

u expect not to die in PvP?
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems pretty on par for how I feel.

I love it when it actually works.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is.....

It never works
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first it was to play with friends, then to farm AP to feed my gambling addiction with those regional boxes, then AP rank, then EMP, now since ive done all that its about Dyes, Furnishings and Ranks
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it‘s my favorite part of the game, but every update seems to make it worse

I used to absolutely love it but with all the insta heal/take no dmg builds..it’s a bit much for me (this is my first mmo)
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s fun and I also see PvP as endgame
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I started playing in Cyro I used to watch streamers PvP and it always looked super fun, but for the longest time I couldn't get past my worry that my lack of experience out there would lead to people being being horrid, which I am not great at tolerating. So the other year, during the Cyro event I took some shots and off I went, terrified. It was so much fun! No one was mean, ok so 1 person was but they got told off by zone chat lol.

My favorite thing are giant fights, big defenses or keep take fights or even large open field fights. Its like a high really. Which I realize probably is a bad thing that I react that way in large fights, but whatever, its fun lol
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like a high really. ... its fun lol

this one gets it.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only PVP when I'm feeling bored with PVE, a change is as good as a holiday.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    Cause *** love cake
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Because compared to other MMOs ESO PvP is the king. Fun, balance is good, and only healthy ammount of PvE play required to gear up. Unfortunately the devs haven't realised it yet, and currently it is in a sad, broken state. With a little effort and advertising it could be the best PvP game ever, but in its current state only the most dedicated mazochist fan players know what lies in there.
    Edited by gabormezo on June 25, 2019 9:32AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endgame PvE leaves no creativity, requires recreating the same again and again and again. In other words, it's boring. I play PvE to completely chill, play some story or farm things while watching a movie in the background.

PvP on the other hand is pure chaos, and when you stay there long enough you start to see patterns in this madness. This is the moment when you start to really enjoy PvP.

ESO has also few things that make it awesome:
    1. Complete build freedom. It makes it very hard to maintain balance but also because of it there is a lot space for our creativity.
    2. Active targeting and combat "always in move". Because of this, even if someone makes OP build he still can lose - player skill really matters.
    3. Pure epicness. We tend to forget it, but when I saw siege for the first time here it was stunning experience. No other MMO was able to create that shiver.

Yes, there is a lot (fully justified) negativity in us, but we're still here. Despite of all that issues we face each day, this game has stolen our hearts.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know that feeling you get when you see somebody just standing there looking at their inventory or typing a message. Yeah, you want to ride that feeling.