The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet Sunspire - DPS question

aquiella
aquiella
✭✭✭
So I want to get a team together in order to complete it, but not sure if I should just use the standard DPS requirements from 3mil OR the 21mil.

Honestly, can a group with dps ranging from 35K to 50K dps beat the entire Vet sunspire trial?
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    I would think with 2 excellent healers you could def do it. Its all about staying alive and depending on the gear the group has you could significantly increase the dps for everyone.
    Edited by Fivefivesix on June 18, 2019 4:32PM
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, vet Sunspire does not have a high DPS requirement, it is one of the easier vet trials. Only the hard modes start to require higher DPS.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO key requisites for vSS:

ICE BOSS:

1- one tough main tank
    2 - one smart off-tank
    3 - one strong healer (i mean strong in heal output)
    4 - 3 smart DDs that can perform the ice tomb mechanich

A medium DPS of 40K might actually be better not to overlap mechanichs (if the dragon starts to fly when you still have atronach around u wont be having a good time).

This fight will be especially tough on healer and you will need to perform mechanich and kill adds in the correct order if you want to win it.

If you ask me it's the best one to start from/farm for gear if you can't close the trial.

FIRE BOSS:

1- one REALLY tough AND SMART main tank
    2- one REALLY smart off-tank
    3- two REALLY strong healers

there are easier mechanichs in here for DDs but it's very very harder for tanks and healers since this boss hits like a mack truck.

The off tank will have an helluva job in placing flame atronach in the correct positions before you kill them (else you'll wipe) especially with medium DPS (while with an high one it gets better since the lava pool gets cleansed when the dragon breath while flying.

LAST BOSS:

1- 3 strong DDs for portals

If you can kill the other bosses you can kill this with the very same group. only requisite here is that the 3 DDs assigned to the portals are capable to handle em AND not die (else is wipe).

Since the tanks will swap a lot it's gonna be an easier job on their resource pools (one can recover mag/stam while marked for death) and even the breath attack is not as strong as the fire boss one.
    Edited by Noldornir on August 5, 2019 11:53AM
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »
    IMHO key requisites for vSS:

ICE BOSS:

1- one tough main tank
    2 - one smart off-tank
    3 - one strong healer (i mean strong in heal output)
    4 - 3 smart DDs that can perform the ice tomb mechanich

A medium DPS of 40K might actually be better not to overlap mechanichs (if the dragon starts to fly when you still have atronach around u wont be having a good time).

This fight will be especially tough on healer and you will need to perform mechanich and kill adds in the correct order if you want to win it.

If you ask me it's the best one to start from/farm for gear if you can't close the trial.

FIRE BOSS:

1- one REALLY tough AND SMART main tank
    2- one REALLY smart off-tank
    3- two REALLY strong healers

there are easier mechanichs in here for DDs but it's very very harder for tanks and healers since this boss hits like a mack truck.

The off tank will have an helluva job in placing flame atronach in the correct positions before you kill them (else you'll wipe) especially with medium DPS (while with an high one it gets better since the lava pool gets cleansed when the dragon breath while flying.

LAST BOSS:

1- 3 strong DDs for portals

If you can kill the other bosses you can kill this with the very same group. only requisite here is that the 3 DDs assigned to the portals are capable to handle em AND not die (else is wipe).

Since the tanks will swap a lot it's gonna be an easier job on their resource pools (one can recover mag/stam while marked for death) and even the breath attack is not as strong as the fire boss one.

TLDR: You can clear vSS with *** dps if you have excellent heals/tanks?
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    If by *** DPS you mean a low DPS score yes you can; at least the first 2 bosses.

As long as they can actually target what needs to be targeted and not just focus on boss when you yell them to stop n kill adds instead. A lowish DPS could even help a not very well organized group in ice dragon fight TBH.

Be aware that you will still need 3 good DPS (i mean good players not only good score against a dummy) in order to kill portal boss WHILE staying alive in last boss tho.

I would set up a group composed by 2 tanks, 2 heals, 3 good DDS, when you have this "minimal" you can handle with these all mechs and then the other ppl DPS matters little.

It's not like vMoL where you NEED the average DPS to be high in order to skip the hardest parts (4 adds on twins, lunar phase etc.) and where you also NEED every player to be able to perform the mechanich (say color-change).
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    I completed it a while ago and we've been farming it. Support I think is key tbh besides dps... We had some good tanks and can do a few runs to get perfected gear now!

Thank you all for your guidance! Appreciate it!
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your group has subpar dps, you're really going to struggle with the fire boss, namely the adds. Take too long in pushing the dragon to flight phase, and you could be dealing with a LOT of iron atros. More than two are stressful. Those fellas are not fun to deal with when they enrage with the giant fire blast. They'll one shot an off tank if they're not careful, and rip the group fairly quickly afterwards. It's fine if there's one low dps, but if there's quite a few, it's gonna be rough.
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on August 7, 2019 9:56AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't be too lax with DPS, since Yolnahkriin is a DPS race.
    • With decent DPS, you should see only one set of atro spawns. The OT's job is fairly easy in this case.
    • With mediocre DPS, you'll see two sets of atro spawns. This makes the OT's life unpleasant and requires a good OT.
    • With bad DPS, you'll see more than two sets of atro spawns. And unless your OT is exceptionally good, you're wiping.

Even Lokkestiiz requires decent DPS. I once tanked a zone PUG vSS on a whim. After a number of wipes, finally cleared Lokkestiiz. It was a 17-minute pull... on non-HM. With low DPS, you cannot save atros for flight phase. And with really low DPS, like this random zone PUG, by the time you kill a set of atros, it's almost time for the next set to spawn, and you get very little damage on the boss.

Is decent DPS a hard requirement? Perhaps not. But the chances of you clearing it without is pretty slim.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d go 6 mill tbh. 3 mill gets nuked too fast to really show a good number. And those dps numbers cna easily get through vSS. Definitely a more approachable trial for newer players.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's funny because vss basically IS just 3 parse dummies in a row. Well, definitely the first 2 anyway. DPS doesn't have to be high, just smart. Prioritize adds, push the boss before more adds spawn or take care of them first. Know the mechanics.

by and far the hardest part of vSS is tanking and healing. DPS has it pretty easy until the final boss with the downstairs mechanic. But even that isn't too bad if your dps are remotely experienced [the first time i went down there on vet i did fine- experience with vmol helps]
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on your Definition of high. In non hardmodes you dont Need high dps but decent dps.

Ice boss you just Need to have good enough dps to kill Lightning atros and have enough time to hit the boss for a good amount before the next set of adds spawns. With good dps you can simply dps the boss until it flies and only then clear the adds.

Fire boss you Need to have some Level of dps, the offtank has limited space avaiable to deal with the Lava spawning after a fire atronarchs death and as someone that tanked 3 iron atros on PTS I can tell you that it is not easy to do so for a longer amount of time and you are very likely to die if you have to tank them for Long as an offtank which in turns wipes the whole Group.

Last boss Needs to have enough dps to kill the eternal servant in the Portal in I believe 90 seconds however in non hm that is very easy to achieve.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    75k on the iron atro (it's all we have to go off of on console since no CMX) is a good starting point for this trial. Damage is so insanely easy to come by, there is no reason someone shouldn't be able to hit that, even without bis gear. If they don't have the discipline to achieve that level of damage, then they likely don't have the discipline to follow mechanics in this trial and complete it without a sizable carry. That may sound harsh (and it admittedly is), but after suffering through this place over and over again on a healer while "helping" lower level groups try to clear it, I can honestly say it stops being fun after the 8th, 9th, and 10th wipe on each boss.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    75k on the iron atro (it's all we have to go off of on console since no CMX) is a good starting point for this trial. Damage is so insanely easy to come by, there is no reason someone shouldn't be able to hit that, even without bis gear. If they don't have the discipline to achieve that level of damage, then they likely don't have the discipline to follow mechanics in this trial and complete it without a sizable carry. That may sound harsh (and it admittedly is), but after suffering through this place over and over again on a healer while "helping" lower level groups try to clear it, I can honestly say it stops being fun after the 8th, 9th, and 10th wipe on each boss.

I agree, it is definitely more complicated to complete with lesser dps and/or lack of seasoned support. I am on several core groups. I have completed it with one core group and we are just farming the Perfected gear, weapons and jewelry with at least two full runs. My second core isn't progressing it as they should be, but I think it is related to tanks being replaced and summer vacations.