Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we have an update re: Guild History?

StabbityDoom
StabbityDoom
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
ZOS_GinaBruno could you let us know if there's an eta for the guild history being addon-usable? Is there a solution? Finally, did turning off the addon access help?

I would leave y'all alone if we had a real ETA.
PC/NA
EHT zealot
streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m still getting load screens just wandering through Wrothgar. Dungeon finder is still borked, BGs still borked.

They need to invest the millions they make into actual hardware upgrades, not whatever bossman’s next vacation is
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disabled add-ons and disabled guild tools that are required to function yet performance stays the same. Weird.

• wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    I’m still getting load screens just wandering through Wrothgar. Dungeon finder is still borked, BGs still borked.

They need to invest the millions they make into actual hardware upgrades, not whatever bossman’s next vacation is

The bigger issue is the spaghetti code. My guess based on the actions taken at every turn the past 6 months is the code doesn't scale very well, in fact its probably scaling rather crappily. They continue to reduce use of a feature A, then when that is not enough reduce further to as far as they reasonably can without the population going nuts. If it scaled linearly they could get ahead.

Also not to be taken lightly... IF they are an Intel shop (which they probably are) and have applied mitigations for Spectre/Meltdown/RIDL and Zombieland that is a whopping loss of performance of 20 to 40%. Not trifling BUT you could get in front of it, if your spaghetti code allowed for it.

With all that said.. losing guild history suddenly is a huge issue. Monday's "fix" is a very minor bandaid and doesn't really help much. Nuclear option should not have been the first option. I know the clock is ticking for ZOS to get this fixed otherwise myself and many others who spend 200 to 300+ a year are going to be finding another game. We are paying customers, if they want all new players and want the old guard gone that's fine.. just let us know, directly. Not through these measures.

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They spent our money on flying out staff to Yeehah at BE3
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with them spending money on that. I think the root problem here is not anyone spending too much money on anything. It is someone up the chain who wants to spend LESS money. It may not even be at the ZOS level, but st the corporate level. I say, spend the money! Get some people who know some things about modern database technologies and architecture and give them the proper resources to do their jobs.
    Edited by Pevey on June 14, 2019 10:07PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This (below) was posted 2 days ago
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To update you on this issue, we're working on the in-game guild history and the guild history data utilized by addons. The current plan is to re-enable the in-game portion, but leave the addon functionality that use the guild history turned off for now. This is still a temporary solution until we are able to implement a better, more permanent fix. This change is planned for Monday's PC incremental patch.

Additionally, we want to clarify that although you aren't able to currently view guild history (such as gold deposits, which we understand is very important to many of you) we can confirm all deposits are still successfully going through, and you'll be able to view this history on Monday once we turn it back on. During this time, we'll also adjust the guild history back to 10 days. Thanks for your continued patience.

from
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6131840/#Comment_6131840
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that was 2 days ago, this is now.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's planned for Monday's PC patch and it's temporary. To think there's more update information on this one big and important issue is to think that nothing else is bugged with the game. From what I can see, the people who work on this stuff are buried with work.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't hear anything till Monday at the earliest. ZOS has made no response since the one mentioned in post #7, I expect Monday's announcement will be nothing more then, "we are still working the problem".
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have been a lot of things that have been "temporary" that ended up permanent. The group finder fixes were temporary and you see where that has gone.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wavingblue wrote: »
    There have been a lot of things that have been "temporary" that ended up permanent. The group finder fixes were temporary and you see where that has gone.

^^^^ this is why I'm staying on it. It's been two days, I'd like to know about progress if they are able to share it.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    three days.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please, reinstate addon access to the Guild History ASAP!! This is hurting our gameplay, it's hurting our guilds, it's hurting trade, and it's absolutely hurting interest in the game. I cannot count how many people are saying "I'm just tired of this game right now." Fix this and fast, before we lose valuable, veteran players.
    -reo, but i agree 10000%. I logged off completely bored yesterday. I NEVER do that.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • BringerOfOmens
    BringerOfOmens
    ✭✭✭

And yet, "now" is not Monday. They have given us a time this is planned to be fixed, Monday's incremental patch. Dont lose your minds folks, there is plenty to do besides analyze your guild history to see how much you can mark up items for sale. It will be ok, breathe. If that doesnt work, go outside and take a 2 day break. I know the graphics out there arent as nifty but hey, its only 2 more days ;)
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need SALES HISTORY, what MM provides.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker

"The current plan is to re-enable the in-game portion, but leave the addon functionality that use the guild history turned off for now."

That "for now" is very worrisome, this is about getting to know what ZOS intends to do and when, sales history is too much important.

You are NOT providing QUALITY OF LIFE improvements (a detailed sales history should be in game, even the mails can't say in which guild an item sold or retain the price, which is absolutely ridiculous! In other words: not even THE BASIC!), the fact you turned off that functionality, simply thrown us in the Dark Ages of trading!

The fact there is no ETA or any further word about it, is very aggravating.

Edited by RANKK7 on June 15, 2019 3:49PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And yet, "now" is not Monday. They have given us a time this is planned to be fixed, Monday's incremental patch. Dont lose your minds folks, there is plenty to do besides analyze your guild history to see how much you can mark up items for sale. It will be ok, breathe. If that doesnt work, go outside and take a 2 day break. I know the graphics out there arent as nifty but hey, its only 2 more days ;)

Only two more days for not at all what we need. And I have not lost my mind, I'm being vigilant so they know how important this is.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to know why they've decided that this is something that they can just wait until Monday's incremental patch to fix. And that they are still not going to re-enable addon access to this data and with no ETA on when this is going to be rectified. Why they couldn't push up the planned maintenance to apply the patch once it was finished (though if they're still working on it how do we even have any assurance that it'll be ready for the planned maintenance.)

And if this has anything at all to do with the new Guild Finder, they should just disable THAT until they can figure out why it is breaking everything. Players managed to find guilds and guilds managed to recruit just fine before, and although the guild finder can certainly make things easier in that regard, it's not worth borking everything else. I'm sure that I'm far from the only player around for whom guild finder not working is far less of a problem than Master Merchant and Shissu's Guild Tools not working.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I could NOT agree more, well said, @Ardan147
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    It's planned for Monday's PC patch and it's temporary. To think there's more update information on this one big and important issue is to think that nothing else is bugged with the game. From what I can see, the people who work on this stuff are buried with work.

Hence the plea by SOME players for a bigger bug-stomp team.

o:)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use guild history to see how much I have to mark DOWN stuff for sale, so that I'm not selling stuff for 50% more than the going rate.

Conversely - undercut guildies by 50% a few times, drive the prices into the ground, and see how popular you are with your compatriots...

Regarding going outside for 2 days - you underestimate the player base who play MMOs like this as a substitute for going outside because they CAN'T walk, or have other limitations.

I know several.
    I doubt I'm the only one who knows such people.

<3

Edited by twev on June 15, 2019 6:40PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only 2 days of this bug and lame band aid, who knows what will come next!
  • TechnoDreamVision
    TechnoDreamVision
    ✭✭✭
    Please, reinstate addon access to the Guild History ASAP!! This is hurting our gameplay, it's hurting our guilds, it's hurting trade, and it's absolutely hurting interest in the game. I cannot count how many people are saying "I'm just tired of this game right now." Fix this and fast, before we lose valuable, veteran players.
    -reo, but i agree 10000%. I logged off completely bored yesterday. I NEVER do that.

I agree 1 million times to the comments below. Removal of Guild History is reducing deposits to the guild bank. New players are not helped as before where they can grab donations from other guildies that they need out the guild bank. No cooperation. No collaboration. Nada.

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Hence the plea by SOME players for a bigger bug-stomp team.

o:)

Include me in the group of "SOME players". I even expressed such an opinion last year.
    Keep releasing great content to keep the money rolling in.
    Hire additional talent to the appropriate departments to ensure a smooth running game.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ku1neu504sh01.jpg
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thermatico wrote: »
    Disabled add-ons and disabled guild tools that are required to function yet performance stays the same. Weird.

This is what I was wondering. The game feels no different to me now than it did before. I don't PvP or do trials so maybe it has helped? Can anyone confirm that this stop-gap and fairly drastic measure they have taken is even doing anything?

Disabling addon support for addons that have become integral parts of trading guilds seems at best..shortsighted and at worst a devious plot to permanently change the game (for unknown reasons) under the guise of "performance fixes" or some other excuse. Coming soon to the crown store...trade manager NPC.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man if they screwed up the Crown Store as bad as they screwed trade guilds there would have been an emergency maintenance nearly a week ago with CM updates hourly until fixes are applied.

Yes I'm miffed that the Crown Store gets more attention and polish than the game itself does.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    I am still buying and selling very well. I am sorry that everyone else has issues. Wait no I am not sorry. Guess the 4+ years of data that I kept on this economy and things like refining and daily crafting rates have been a good thing now. TTC works and believe it or not that should actually be enough.Even without that I am confident that I and my guild will be fine. We dont need history access. We need just the regular to be able to see deposits and withdrawals.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ardan147 wrote: »
    I'm sure that I'm far from the only player around for whom guild finder not working is far less of a problem than Master Merchant and Shissu's Guild Tools not working.

@Ardan147 It may not surprise you to hear that Guild Finder is bugged like crazy and not working properly at the back end either! ;)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/475752/guild-finder-received-applications-almost-unusable/p1
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    rsantijw13 wrote: »
    I am still buying and selling very well. I am sorry that everyone else has issues. Wait no I am not sorry. Guess the 4+ years of data that I kept on this economy and things like refining and daily crafting rates have been a good thing now. TTC works and believe it or not that should actually be enough.Even without that I am confident that I and my guild will be fine. We dont need history access. We need just the regular to be able to see deposits and withdrawals.

Speak for yourself. TTC is a very crude tool, because it only shows what people have priced stuff at, not what it actually sells for (and thus what people are actually willing to pay for something).
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • Spage
    Spage
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for keeping this in the spotlight @StabbityDoom. It's been incredibly frustrating and tiring (basically impossible) to do guild management with the histories turned off.

While I am glad that we will at least see this history come Monday, the fact that it can't be used or displayed in any meaningful/helpful way, means that while guild members will get some reprieve (which is awesome), guild leaders will still be hamstrung.

I have actually seen an increase in lag, DC's, and rubber-banding reports since the 'nuclear option' was used. This seems to indicate that the issues we have/are seeing do not arise from add-ons utilising information. I think the guild finder is a fabulous tool, and see it being suggested as the possible culprit. I have no idea, but I do think that maybe shutting down new unknowns, instead of established features with no history of problems, would have been a better choice.

If ZOS would rather have add-on authors take up the slack so that they can concentrate on...I don't know what, then they should really take a hard look at decisions that wipe that functionality in one broad stroke, without any foresight, or plan of action.
    @Spage
    PC/NA
    GM, Real Guild Best Guild