The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Necromancer Class Over Performing in PVP?

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Lot of Necromancers are runing across BG and Cyrodill, this class has huge potential and may be ruining PVP
Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 9, 2019 9:39AM

Is Necromancer Class Over Performing in PVP? 168 votes

No
60%
akredon_ESOdodgehopper_ESOtrentstarbuck954Most_AwesomeSimen.askeland89b16_ESOLauranaeAurielleRadianceAshanneSotha_Silleokafilyeb17_ESOPudinYukon2112Chelostarlizard70ub17_ESObooksmcreadChefZeroDimentiy47DrachenfierHidesFromSun 101 votes
Yes (Stamina Necromancer)
21%
Stxkpittsniperb14_ESOrileynotzb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiLordTareqDavadinWingTanis-StormbinderSFxxKANExxxSkullfoxeliisraEvitoCyrediathAedarylLadyNalcaryaVhalkenPsusmitdsKonstant_Tel_NecrisRygonixKurtAngle2 36 votes
Yes (Magcika Necromancer)
1%
Cadburydracul813 2 votes
Yes (Stamina and Magicka Necromancer)
7%
Strider__RoshinmeekeyceeLord_Eomerbardx86ShinshadowTommy_The_GunFirstmepmaster_vanargandFakeFoxerlewineCortanacamoWildRaptorXrobpr 13 votes
Other
9%
BigBraggschattenhundb16_ESOtechnohicCathexisCorpierSosRuvaakToc de MalsviSpearpointfullheartcontainerBaylorCorvetteAznoxFiktiusESO_NightingaleCrixus8000TrancestorMitaka211 16 votes
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro is a little at the moment.
    Options
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two words - Goliath's Bash.
    But hey, at least bash damage glyphs are no longer a meme!
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you take out goliath, it's useless most of the time
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    If you take out goliath, it's useless most of the time

Not really useless and Goliath is no doubt a Troll unkillable form
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You live on different planet if you think Mag Necro is over performing. Class needs serious buffs in damage and utility to become viable.

And yes even stam cro is underperforming outside of bash Goliath. Tell me what you can you do with Stam Cro that you can’t do better with other stamina classes? (In PvP always)
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In general Necromancer is not really overperforming, it's pretty solid but suffers from really buggy skills. What makes it absolutely overperform however are the Goliath and Colossus ultimates. Goliath is twenty seconds of immortality with pretty strong damage and Colossus just instantly kills everything it hits. I haven't played Necromancer in CP yet, but in no CP BGs one well placed Colossus and eight people are dead, it's completely ridiculous.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pummeling goliath with snb full bash 20 sec in bg or cyrodill, more than enough time to wipe entire teams
    Options
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    No
    without their ultimate, its tanky but thats pretty much it. With ultimate its overpowered.
    Options
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think it's ultimate skills are a little overstacked, and it needs a power distribution into skeleton pet and dtether. with bug fixes mainly. I still think that Collosus would be good even if it's damage ticks were nerfed by 20%. and obviously the pummeling Goliath morph is just a tad too strong.

dtether and htether need to not LoS and dtether needs to latch onto the enemy instead of a corpse. this is a general consensus about the skill. heard no complaints about this suggestion from everyone i talked to about it. Also it makes it a little less lazy than the "beam from corpse" skill that both tethers are.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on June 9, 2019 11:53AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    In my experience necro seems so strong ths to the class ults nothing more. Stamina is better imo, but even then until they fix blastbones we won't know for sure since it's his main burst ability.

People who say without his ults he is nothing are wrong however. It's a really strong class for pvp which can constantly dish out damage while tanking a big amount of it. With necro you are constantly on the offensive , never on the defensive . I am really liking his play style.

The only absurd thing about him is the Pummeling goliath. Honestly the whole ult + morphs should get a rework , it's a bit too much.
    Options
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    i voted yes but really its just the ults.
    eisley the worst
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ppl sleep on expunge but its hp cost can easily be outhealed by any hot.
    I expect to see more and more tanks using that skill behind block.
    Years of calling extended ritual op, and now we have a purge that can restore resources×D
    I find necros similar to wardens, very tanky but little kill potential outside of group play.
    Goliath bash will be adjusted im sure, i havent died to it yet but ive seen some silly videos.
    All in all the class is much too fresh to draw any major conclusions on where ita stand on the meta ladder.
    I just voted yes so the poll isnt so one sided:)
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Outside of Pummeling Goliath, the class is nowhere near overperforming.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Just Goliath is why you see a lot. I was not impressed with mine until I went 1h shield and added some cp to bash.
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    And yes even stam cro is underperforming outside of bash Goliath. Tell me what you can you do with Stam Cro that you can’t do better with other stamina classes? (In PvP always)

PvP-Tank. It basically the best of the Templar and Warden combined.

Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    You live on different planet if you think Mag Necro is over performing. Class needs serious buffs in damage and utility to become viable.

People voting for “magcro overperforming” seems to be those guys from low MMR BGs, constantly getting wiped by a singe colossus ult (together with 7 other potatoes)

> one well placed Colossus and eight people are dead, it's completely ridiculous.

I guess nerf meteor too, it also does some dmg
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

I agree, a stam Sorc with Automation & Spriggan's deals more damage than a StamNecro. Maybe bash Goliath needs to be toned down a little, but then some other skills need to be boosted.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Terrible class. Flat out many of the mechanics just don't work much of the time, in pve or pvp.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goliath bash is proof devs don't play their own game imo
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    I just experienced it.

mejUz9p.jpg
    qBmtGF5.jpg
    4JRsOcG.jpg
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

PvP-Tank. It basically the best of the Templar and Warden combined.

What the F is a PvP tank? A build that has no damage and just walks around in Cyrodiil trolling people? That is what is “over performing” to you? Are you trolling?

And secondly, Wardens and DKs make better troll tanks anyway because they have projectile mitigation and major mending. And they can also turn around and do some burst damage which a stam necro tank has no hope in hell of doing. I mean they can if they go bash goliath, but that's gonna get (rightly) nerfed for sure.

Edited by Maulkin on June 9, 2019 9:28PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Massacre_Wurm
    Massacre_Wurm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goliath is magma shell of steroids.
    Totaly should be nerfed.
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Just tune down the Goliath Bash slightly (-10% ?)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

That won't do much. People hitting you with 5k swipes, 3 times a second will now hit you with 4.5k swipes. The problem is the bash GCD. And you can't change the GCD of bash while in Goliath form, because the bash is also the CC break when stunned and you want that to be fast.

The correct answer is to replace the light attacks with the swipe, as opposed to the bash, and make them cost some stamina. Since light attacks have a 1" GCD there would be no problem. There's no bash glyph cheese then. Oh and also like Overload, it shouldn't work with Elegant set and other crap.

5k aoe swipes (in PvP), once per second, while also having 60-70k hp would still be extremely strong. But certainly more balanced than now.
    Edited by Maulkin on June 9, 2019 9:38PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The bash ult yes
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

That won't do much. People hitting you with 5k swipes, 3 times a second will now hit you with 4.5k swipes. The problem is the bash GCD. And you can't change the GCD of bash while in Goliath form, because the bash is also the CC break when stunned and you want that to be fast.

The correct answer is to replace the light attacks with the swipe, as opposed to the bash, and make them cost some stamina. Since light attacks have a 1" GCD there would be no problem. There's no bash glyph cheese then. Oh and also like Overload, it shouldn't work with Elegant set and other crap.

5k aoe swipes (in PvP), once per second, while also having 60-70k hp would still be extremely strong. But certainly more balanced than now.

( disclaimer : i don't play a necro myself and i have only encountered a few high-end players running the golem).

I agree something is definitely off with the output, but i really enjoyed the "get out of the way and kite that ***" experience when facing bash golems.

Moving the swing to light attack could be a good move, but it needs to retain a threatening level of DPS to force opponents to a defensive posture.

My suggestion (?):
    - move the aoe swing to light attack but increase the damage per swing (!) so that the DPS stays to about 80% of what it is now (calculation needs to account for 0.4sec bash vs 1sec LA+Skill). No need to add stam cost to LA because a skill weave will be needed to retain current output .
    - Attach a self-slow to golem transformation, to give it an unique gameplay aspect of trying to stick up to its targets, and offer a clear counterplay.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

( disclaimer : i don't play a necro myself and i have only encountered a few high-end players running the golem).

I agree something is definitely off with the output, but i really enjoyed the "get out of the way and kite that ***" experience when facing bash golems.

Moving the swing to light attack could be a good move, but it needs to retain a threatening level of DPS to force opponents to a defensive posture.

My suggestion (?):
    - move the aoe swing to light attack but increase the damage per swing (!) so that the DPS stays to about 80% of what it is now (calculation needs to account for 0.4sec bash vs 1sec LA+Skill). No need to add stam cost to LA because a skill weave will be needed to retain current output .
    - Attach a self-slow to golem transformation, to give it an unique gameplay aspect of trying to stick up to its targets, and offer a clear counterplay.

Hmm, I disagree.

You need to remember that the bash/swipe is an AoE cleave attack and even halving the current DPS by making the GCD 1” without increasing the dmg, it’s still by far the best PBAoE dmg ult in the game for PvP at least.

I mean people are hitting 5-7k swipes per target. That’s ~25k dps in PvP if you’re smashing 4 stacked opponents even with light attack GCD. That’s insane dps. Compare it with Eye of Destro which does 2.5k-3k per tick per target and it’s double the damage, while having same ult cost and not to mention it’s giving you free 40k HP. That doesn’t need damage buffs.

And finally adding a slow to the Goliath won’t mean much since you can use your skills in the form. You can use S&B and 2H gap closers (both have CC attached) to charge into people and swipe away.

I think changing it to light attack, adding resource cost and leaving the rest as is, would make sense as a first change. Then monitor how it works in PvP and fine tune the dmg in future updates.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Only Goliath Bash.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Magcika Necromancer)
    I voted this option because it was lonely
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    FakeFox wrote: »
    In general Necromancer is not really overperforming, it's pretty solid but suffers from really buggy skills. What makes it absolutely overperform however are the Goliath and Colossus ultimates. Goliath is twenty seconds of immortality with pretty strong damage and Colossus just instantly kills everything it hits. I haven't played Necromancer in CP yet, but in no CP BGs one well placed Colossus and eight people are dead, it's completely ridiculous.

Haven't seen that at all in No CP.
    Options