The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Gold Membership Proposal

Illuvatarr
Illuvatarr
✭✭✭✭✭
A new tier should be added for 20 bucks a month that adds a bunch of things.

—10 percent off all purchases through crown store
- Access to prior crown store offerings
- Increased chance for radiant apex mounts through crown store
- Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Psijic and Undaunted only needed to be leveled once on that account
- Access to ESO Gold only home furnishings
- Automatic Collectors edition upgrade on all expansions
- Double the amount of current furnishing slots for all homes in all categories

I am sure others could add to the list.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no. As it is, I've cancelled my existing ESO+ because for all the congratulatory back-patting over how ZOS are "killing it", I just don't see that translated in terms of putting something back in the game to fix bugs or make better content. It's only ever more Clown Store stuff. I don't do Clowns.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep understood. You can never be compelled in a free market scenario to enter into a business transaction without your consent.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For double the sub I would want everything included in the price.

Not just a discount off the Crown Store (and certainly not a tiny 10% one!).

Also, they won't double the furnishing slots from the ESO+ level - they have said they can't/won't.

Edited by Tigerseye on June 8, 2019 7:26PM
  • deadsheepb14_ESO
    deadsheepb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You also have to figure out the people that sub for one month and cancel just to buy prior crown items (or whatever). And also what happens when their ESO++ sub ends?
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe with additional funding they could. I don’t care about the extra 5-10 bucks. I care about not having to do silly grind quests on each toon and about outfitting my Psijic Villa in an appropriate manner.
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An exclusive e-peen stroke emote
    Exclusive 1shot ability that instakills anything including players
    Khajiit exclusive costume made up of random wares that absorbs coin from nearby players
    Ability to global chat spam in font size 50 across players screen with words such as "lul", "kek", "umad", etc.
    Infinite resource regen
    Special slider to increase particle effects of your abilities by 900% but only visible to other players.
    Exclusive sweetroll race which was made sentient by magic batter, a sweetroll with arms and legs.
    A dab emote
    Passive perk called dead man's hand which immediately destroys anything in a 100yd radius when you die
    New class, the quest giver. You stand in town and yell at players all day to complete menial tasks.
    Capes, but they are completely static and have 0 physics.
    Exclusive access to a new battleground: quidditch with flying brooms and everything.
    Exclusive access to a new crafting line: knitting. Coincidentally, scarves and ugly sweaters are now a thing.
    New assistant, the lusty argonian maid. Will follow you and whisper sweet nothings into your ear all day.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has so much monetised already I really don't want to have to deal with tiers of ESO Plus as well.

Because how long before they start moving all the ESO Plus features to ESO Gold to make that the new must have sub choice.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rukia541 wrote: »

You may jest, but I would kind of like to be able to avoid being attacked by regular mobs and critters, at all, beyond a certain CP level.

Imagine the luxury of being able to run in a totally straight line, without pulling anything.

I don't want to pay for the privilege, though.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 8, 2019 7:54PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have a pony, and chocolate ice cream, too?

o:)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you want like TOO MUCH for just another $5

the stuff you ask for will be around 100$/month at least =D

P.S. why not add $10000000000/month category where

- all your psychotic ideas about balance are implemented on next day

- you have a personal cyro server where specially trained stuff

works as your *opponents* who allow you to win 1v500

- Gina serves you coffee

I am sure others could add to the list :D
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - todd tells me sweet little lies, as bedtime story.
    - grp finder is working 100% 24/7
    - Twitch shedule and patch day is during nighttime and in the middle of the week. (only in EU ofc)
    - you get 10fps for free, anytime, anywhere. Even on a potato.
    - volendrung spawns in your inventory. 2x as 1H for dual wield... if chaos, then real chaos.
    - you can kick one player out of the game, but only 1 time per week, otherwise that would be overpowered.
    - when using your mount you run on it... backwards, while doing some backflips... and juggling fishes.
    -
    maybe i will add some more genius ideas to the list, give me time pls.
    img-2189053-1-37962__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_so-awesome.gif
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »

- Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Psijic and Undaunted only needed to be leveled once on that account

I am sure others could add to the list.

One of these things stands out from the others...

"Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Psijic and Undaunted only needed to be leveled once on that account" :neutral:

I think one tier of subscription is good, actually.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 8, 2019 8:36PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't give them stupid ideas
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id prefer the no akamai premium connection
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix the f***** servers

Fix the group finder

Sort out the lagfest

That’s what my ESO+ cash should be doing, not fartarsing about in the crappy cash shop
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are people always trying to give ZeniMax ideas on how to reach for wallets? They really and truly do not need anyone's help in that department.
    Edited by BigBragg on June 8, 2019 10:35PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, good god, no.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, good god, no.

QFT.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try, Matt.
    Fix the PC EU first.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This seems like a subplot to Ready Player One...
  • BrooksP
    BrooksP
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe with additional funding they could. I don’t care about the extra 5-10 bucks. I care about not having to do silly grind quests on each toon and about outfitting my Psijic Villa in an appropriate manner.

With a studio their size and structure, "additional funding" isn't going to increase production, it will go towards investors or finance other (not eso)projects.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    You may jest, but I would kind of like to be able to avoid being attacked by regular mobs and critters, at all, beyond a certain CP level.

@Tigerseye While not quite that good, there's a Dark Brotherhood passive that helps in that regard. Wait for a Free ESO+ Trial weekend and you don't have to worry about the paywall either.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on June 8, 2019 11:38PM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    ESO has so much monetised already I really don't want to have to deal with tiers of ESO Plus as well.

Because how long before they start moving all the ESO Plus features to ESO Gold to make that the new must have sub choice.

This and the system seems ripe for complications not to mention the work to put it all together (yea I know someone will say it is simple). All for a meager 5 USD.
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather then gold membership there should be red, green blue and yellow membership people just can relate to that better.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a diamond edition? For 100 dollars a month, you automatically level up, get new skills, quests, achievements done for you at a gradual pace, so it feels like you're actually playing the game every day except you don't have to log in
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Likely about 10 minutes.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit exclusive costume made up of random wares that absorbs coin from nearby players
    Ability to global chat spam in font size 50 across players screen with words such as "lul", "kek", "umad", etc.
    Infinite resource regen
    Special slider to increase particle effects of your abilities by 900% but only visible to other players.
    Exclusive sweetroll race which was made sentient by magic batter, a sweetroll with arms and legs.
    A dab emote
    Passive perk called dead man's hand which immediately destroys anything in a 100yd radius when you die
    New class, the quest giver. You stand in town and yell at players all day to complete menial tasks.
    Capes, but they are completely static and have 0 physics.
    Exclusive access to a new battleground: quidditch with flying brooms and everything.
    Exclusive access to a new crafting line: knitting. Coincidentally, scarves and ugly sweaters are now a thing.
    New assistant, the lusty argonian maid. Will follow you and whisper sweet nothings into your ear all day.

I vote him for president based on this one post!
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give zos more than enough money for virtual pixilated goods ....I need to sleep in a real bed and eat real food and some of my real money needs to be allocated for such things

This game is getting ridiculously expensive considering i sub permanently.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO. ESO+ is byt itself very lackluster. Mostly worth using it only for the craft bag and the higher limit in decorating. And those are not really worth the price, if I'm honest. In other games I've played ,you could have unlocked the craft bag or lifted the decoration limit permanently by a single, albeit not cheap, single purchase in the store.

But I'm game, let's see to your ideas one by one.

25%, at the very least. 10% doesn't warrant an increased monthly cost. I mean, if I get ESO+ and buy some more crowns, it will be roughly the same cost, and more efficient.

That's a tricky one. The crown store isn't a physical space, so there is absolutely no reason to remove anything from there. There is no shortage of storage area. The only reason it's done is to create a false sense of urgency, just like with the "limited time only" things. To compell you to spend more crowns. A crappy marketing strategy, that works but isn't user friendly.

So, a "pay more to still have access to what we remove for peasants" doesn't sit right, but I can see that happening as yet another "let's cash on gullibility" strategy.

LARGELY increased, then. Current drop chance for apex, not radiant, is below 1%. There was some guy who did massive probability research on crates a while ago. Not worth it if radiant apex isn't at least 5% chance. And that's even if I account for the theoretical 25% discount in crown store.

But then, of course, that would be biasing RNG in favor of those who pay more, and that's disgusting.

NO. If something needs to be made account wide, it's achievements. It's annoying to have to relog to the proper character (when you can remember which one it is) to purchase a given piece of achievement furniture. And it already is possible, since accounts know that some color is unlocked because another character did something, or more recently, because skyshards can be purchased if one found them on another character.

If you're bored advancing a character, don't play a MMORPG

HELL NO. Somebody fetch the pitchforks, I'll get the torches.

Maybe, just maybe, make every home, even those usually "time limited" permanent, and then I might reconsider. IF they are also made purchasable with gold.

This could actually be a good idea. But there is a problem : how does that work when you switch to a non-gold sub ? Or if you get one just to purchase the upgrade, for a month, and then downgrade ? Is the price difference even worth it ?

That should be a base feature for everyone. Homes lack slots, we've been saying it over and over again. Making it a pay-for feature would simply add insult to injury.

I'm surprised you didn't ask for "double the gold a character earns while looting or questing", "double alliance points", and / or "make everything cheaper even with ingame currency", either. My answer to that would also be "HELL NO, fetch the pitchforks".
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Priceless :mrgreen:
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws